Monroe Community College Disc Golf Course
My wife and I tried out this course because the map and description looked interesting. Firstly, if you do not bring a map with you do not expect to easily navigate this course. Another reviewer summed up the layout with the term discombobulated. This is still true. Also, the early sections of the course had not been mowed yet this year. Unfortunately we decided to try another spot after experiencing hole 4. I don't know if more of the course is like this but the raised basket location for number 4 was completely overgrown with thistles and Velcro-weed. The foot tall grass was annoying but we got really frustrated when we both had to search for our discs even though they were within ten feet of the basket. This course has a lot of potential which makes it even worse. We will return some day but only if the maintenance of this course improves.
Nice tee pads. Very rough and over grown terrian on back 9. No markers/ signage(improper hole #s, no next-tee indicators, hole info, course map, etc). Had to walk through previous fairways to next holes. Discombobulated - poor lay out/ where is hole 18? Needs work!
This course is coming around. They've recently put in cement tees on all the holes, and re-designed some of the course layout. The GRDGC (http://grdgc.org/) is working on getting signs made, which will be the icing on the cake for this maturing course. Holes 9 and 10 will test your nerves with the pond in play; hole 9 demands a solid 150ft throw over the pond, which takes a toll on the beginners. Several tight and lengthy holes through the trees require precision. This course should be top notch by summer 2013.
This course has many of there holes in the woods. It offers a great challenge, however my first time playing and even my second time i found myself getting lost looking for the next hole. The course is very poorly labeled. There is one very large pond to shoot over, only the best can make it across most play around it. It is free to park and play. The course is a great one to play just but a little frustrating at times.
Courses Close By
- Ellison Park, Rochester NY US(5 votes)
- Baker Farm, Rochester (Chili) NY US(4 votes)
- The Woodlands Disc Golf Course at Gates Town Park, Rochester NY US(1 vote)
- Basil Marella Park, Rochester (Greece) NY US(2 votes)
- Sawyer Park Disc Golf Course, Rochester NY USNo votes yet
- Parma Disc Golf Course, Hilton NY US(2 votes)
- The Apple Farm - Spartan Course, Victor NY US(1 vote)
- Churchville Park DG Course, Rochester (Churchville) NY US(2 votes)
- Sweden Town Park Disc Golf Course, Rochester (Brockport) NY US(1 vote)
- Naples Town Park Disc Golf Course, Naples NY US(1 vote)