Live Oak City Park
Sorry, have to give this course the lowest rating. Maybe if you play it with someone who KNOWS the course, you might like it. I could NOT find hole #2!!!! After giving up there, I found #10 tee and was able to play 10 through 15, then couldn't find #16. Started back towards the parking lot with #27, then couldn't find 28. Supposed to be 36 holes??? Time to give up. What I did play (10-15) was encouraging. The holes were well designed and short, but challenging.
Tremendous course. This course will test every shot in your bag with 36 holes of John Houck designed golf. Holes 1 - 5 are very weak and play through an area typcially occupied by other park patrons (soccer practice, picnics, etc.). Water comes into play on holes 6, 7, & 8 (although they are very short holes). Holes 9, 10, & 11 play nice. Starting after hole 11 there are 3 "alternate holes" 11A, 11B, & 11C. 11A starts past and to the left of hole 11's basket. 11B starts up on the hill shooting at and over the water. Very difficult hole. 11C is the best hole on the course. The tee box is sometimes flooded but when not this hole is a legit par 5 that can wreck your round. 11C's basket is up near 11's basket. Next proceed to 12, 13, 14, & 15. All nice holes. After 15 go into the wooeds to 15A's tee box. Nice wooded par 3. 15B is probably the second best hole on the course and is VERY difficult course management par 4. 15C plays through the clown's mouth (or over if you're me). Back to 16, 17 (nice long hole), 18 is across the street on the school grounds. Don't smoke or drink here! 18 is nice long hole with 19, 20, & 21 all birdie 2 holes, back across the street to 22. 23 is another HARD hole that I still haven't figured out. Then there is 23A, 23B, 23C, & 23D. 24 goes through the clowns mouth (its a mondo, a dumb one, but one nonetheless). 25 is another bear of a hole. 26 goes down the hill. After 26 follow the trail past the basket and to the left to 27's tee (you'll pass 16's basket). 27 and 28 end with some nice 2 chances. As you can tell its 38 holes of great gold. Only downside is the signage. Very difficult to understand if you are not a local how to correctly play all the holes.
Courses Close By
- Universal City Park, Universal City TX US(6 votes)
- Bryan McClain Park, San Antonio TX US(6 votes)
- Schlather Park Disc Golf, Cibolo TX US(1 vote)
- Prince Solms Park, New Braunfels TX US(2 votes)
- Nani Falcone Community Park, San Antonio TX US(2 votes)
- Lackland Outdoor Adventure Center Disc Golf Course, Lackland AFB TX US(1 vote)
- Pearsall Park Disc Golf Course, San Antonio TX US(2 votes)
- Helotes Natural Area Disc Golf Course, Helotes TX US(1 vote)
- Northwest Vista College Disc Golf Course, San Antonio TX US(1 vote)
- Boerne City Lake Park Disc Golf Course, Boerne TX USNo votes yet