Buckhorn at Harris Lake County Park
This is one of my favorite courses. Wayward tee shots punish you. I love the hike and the scenery. The design is fair and it just a blast to play.
Possibly my favorite course so far. The only con is that you have to play 18 (9 doesn't circle back), but why would you not want to?
Winds through a beautiful pine forest with plenty of space between tees (read: no crowds). Fairways are just open enough. Beautiful view of (and play around) the lake and a small, algae-covered pond (throw-over). Tough, but not frustrating. Magical!
Best course I've played in the triangle. Nice mix of wooded holes (but not so tight you're hitting trees every shot) and water holes. Rolling hills as stated previously, and great views. I'm still working up to playing the pro tees, as some of them seem pretty advanced for my skill level.
Very nice course, very easy to follow, pro tees are challenging(and even some amatuer), 3-4 holes played over/close too water, no park fee, a lot of different types of shots.
Pros: Beautiful view of Sharron Harris lake. Difficult course to test your playing skills. Course layout starts and finishes near the parking area. Water comes into play on a few holes which will help teach shot selection. Very seldom are you interupted by park patrons since the course is in its own area.
Cons: disc can get lost in the leaves. During the hot months, deer flies will eat you up!! There is no retrieval oppertunity on the pond shot, that water is nasty!!
Courses Close By
- Jones Park, Holly Springs NC US(1 vote)
- Apex Nature Park, Apex NC US(1 vote)
- Swingin' D.B.'s: Swinging Course, Moncure NC US(1 vote)
- Swingin' D.B.'s: Rock 'n Roll Fairways, Moncure NC USNo votes yet
- Avalon Peaks Apartments, Apex NC USNo votes yet
- Middle Creek High School, Apex NC US(2 votes)
- Higher Ground, Fuquay Varina NC USNo votes yet
- Jack Marley Park, Angier NC US(2 votes)
- Rock Ridge Park DGC, Moncure NC USNo votes yet
- Chatham County Community College, Pittsboro NC USNo votes yet