2014 PDGA Amateur & Junior Disc Golf World Championships
It is with great pleasure that I welcome you to the Twin Cities in Minnesota, the site of the 2014 PDGA Amateur Disc Golf World Championships. Our communities have been preparing for the last two years for your arrival.
The eight courses we’re using are spread out throughout six municipalities as well as a county park and one private course. Our courses will speak for themselves but I encourage you to go out and experience the flavor of Minnesota while you’re here. We have events scheduled to keep you engaged with the disc golf community each evening. Our goal is to give you an experience that makes you want to come back again to flavor the local fare. Here is a sneak peek at what we’re lining up for you:
- Sunday, (7/20) we have the Discraft Test Drive being held at the same time as the field events at Sibley High School
- Tuesday night is our Fly Mart at the Clarion Hotel. The food trucks that will be serving us through the week will be available (out the back doors of the hotel).
- Wednesday evening is for the Beer & Wine Review for the adults and the D.J. & Pizza party for the Juniors. Both events are being held at the Clarion.
- Thursday is live music a mile south of the host hotel, at the Mississippi Pub and Grill (voted as one of the best patio bars in the Twin Cities)
- Friday you’ll want to head to The Valley for a round of night golf, sponsored by Knight Chainz.
- Saturday’s Finals are being held at a spectator friendly park in the middle of Saint Paul. The park hosts a zoo, children’s amusement park, a world class conservatory and multiple gardens. Como Park is the busiest park in Minnesota and will draw spectators and players alike. We recommend you wear your tournament shirt to show solidarity amongst disc golfers.
I am proud to show off our area to the world and hope you enjoy your time here. If you’re able to sneak away during the week there are so many other attractions to take in: Mall of America, beaches on over 200 lakes and rivers, Valleyfair Amusement Park, the Minnesota Disc Sports Hall of Fame (at Fairway Flyerz), baseball games at the Twins or Saints stadiums, the Minnesota Zoo, Walker Art Center and Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, Children’s Museum of Minnesota (with the IMAX Theatre), or grab your discs and traverse one of over 80 disc golf courses in the metro area (within a 50-mile radius). I hope to have a chance to meet and say hello to you during your visit, and to thank you for your participation in this gala event that promotes our sport. Good luck, stay safe, and above all, have fun!
2014 PDGA Amateur Disc Golf World Championship
Minnesota welcomes the 2014 PDGA Amateur & Junior Disc Golf World Championships to the Twin Cities and surrounding communities and would like to thank the following sponsors:
- Fairway Flyerz Discs & Mike Snelson
- Ty Dyed Custom Discs
- Inver Grove Heights Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Charles Allen, Ltd., Certified Public Accountant
- Vest and Deckert, Attorneys at law
- Everyday Disc Golf & Tom Marckus
- Airborne Disc Golf & Cale Leiviska, Jason Tauteges
- B-52 Burgers & Brew
- AJ Catering
- Cafe Racer
- 93X ROCKS!
- Rob Brown Communications
- Long Tee
- Josh McClung – Massage & Bodywork
- Keller Williams Realty – Lakeville
- Sherry Swendra – Natural Health Concepts
- Throwing Art & John Dorn