Really enjoy playing this course, grass is usually cut. Does have a tendency to flood in places but this is new orleans after all. Only course I've been to with signs warning the joggers to yield to the golfers !
Designer made good use of available terrain and obstacles. Nice mix of distances. Annie's and hyzer shots. First 11 are fairly open, last 13 tighten up. Lots of joggers on last 13 but no serious delays. Water in play on three holes. No map of course at park. Best to bring one with you. Painted yellow brick tee markers, grass boxes. Sign for 4 is missing so look for markers on left of 3's bucket about 40 feet. No sign for 5, follow sidewalk to front of bushes along pond edge. First tee is in front of pond by dog park. Very nice park. Apparently people have abandoned pets so people feed them. I saw rabbits, chickens, ducks, white and black swans and a very popular dog park. Considering that this is one of two courses for the entire greater New Orleans metro area, the discers are very fortunate to have such a nice park.
Although the park is very busy with non-disc golf activities, and the signage isn't the greatest, this is still a challenging course especially when windy. With 24 holes there is plenty of variety, and the park is very well-maintained. Best to play early on weekends.
this isnt a very good course. people and crap all over the place. but it is 5 minutes from the new orleans airport. next time you hit the big easy bring your discs.
Working thru the front 9 of this course is not bad. It's very open with lots of joggers in some hole locations. The back 9 opens into an area crossing fields, areas that flood during heavy rain. I don't find the course very user friendly. The signage needs work, and it is a dangerous course for others not playing near the soccer fields. It's not even in the city it's a hike.
Courses Close By
- City Park, New Orleans LA US(3 votes)
- The Pines Disc Golf Course, Mandeville LA US(1 vote)
- Duplessis Primary School Disc Golf Course, Gonzales LA USNo votes yet
- Buccaneer State Park, Waveland MS US(1 vote)
- McLeod Park, Kiln MS USNo votes yet
- Bogue Chitto State Park, Franklinton LA USNo votes yet
- St. Andrew's United Methodist Disc Golf Course, Baton Rouge LA USNo votes yet
- Highland Road Park, Baton Rouge LA US(1 vote)
- Diamondhead, Diamondhead MS US(1 vote)
- Broadmoor U. Methodist Church, Baton Rouge LA USNo votes yet