The course I learned on, and still nearly my favorite after playing dozens in several states. It fits perfectly in the category of "park-like course with old trees" and as such it will feel wide open if you're used to woods and technical if you're used to fields. The course snakes around the hilltop campus of small Wittenberg University in Springfield (not too many co-ed obstacles, but enough to be friendly). The campus is known as a fairly nice arboretum, and the grounds are obsessively maintained. Though I almost exclusively seek out 18-hole courses, I frequently forget this only 9. It was designed well with a balance of right, left, long, short, etc. shots needed. All holes play up, down, or across rolling slopes of varying degree. No hole is very similar to any other; each presents a unique challenge, and nearly all present a choice of attacks. The lack of "rough" or "jungle" makes it a great place to introduce people to the sport.
The downside: tho the course is locally well-known and fairly tight with no long walks, there are no permanent tees or signs apart from worn patches in the grass. You WILL need to follow someone or jump in with a local player the first time around, as the next tee is often not obvious or hard to spot. This also means footing can be a problem when teeing off, and is on several holes not quite level.
As of summer 2010 and from my knowledge of the local pros, the record is probably 4-under, playing all as par 3. A perfect round, with no aces or so-called fairway aces, is 6-under as 3 (maybe 2) are unreachable with one drive.
Courses Close By
- Buck Creek State Park, Springfield OH US(3 votes)
- Mills Lawn Disc Golf Course, Yellow Springs OH USNo votes yet
- Cedarville University, Cedarville OH USNo votes yet
- Urbana Hilltop Disc Golf at Melvin Miller Park, Urbana OH US(1 vote)
- Handyman Ace Hardware Disc Golf Course, Fairborn OH US(3 votes)
- Herbert C. Huber Park, Huber Heights OH USNo votes yet
- Karohl Park Disc Golf Course, Beavercreek OH USNo votes yet
- Tipp City Disc Golf Course, Tipp City OH USNo votes yet
- Greeneview High School, Jamestown OH USNo votes yet
- Helke Park Disc Golf Course, Vandalia OH USNo votes yet