West Lake Park
I would rate it 4.5 chains except it must be either a 4 or a 5 and I can not give a 5 rating based on the following flaws (most of which are temporary)
- Hole 2 safe landing area has become choked with overgrowth since they pruned it up nicely in 2006 to open the course.
- Due to the busy nature of the course, you often must skip holes due to picnic areas in use (several holes) and fishermen along the fairway (5 or 6 holes)
- Hole 14 tee is completely covered with the hanging branches of an apple tree.
As for the good things about West Lake...
- It is a challenge from the amateur tees, and the pro tees are brutal if you play par = 3's forget it!!
- However, 54 is possible from the amateurs due to the fact of about half of the holes in the 180-240 feet range. You better get some deuces when you can though because the holes that aren't 240 are usually 550 and either throwing over or along the lake or threading a needle on a 550 foot forest dogleg.
- Absolutely beautiful park year round!
- Nice long concrete tees including dual concrete tees on most holes.
- Great variety of shot shaping requirements!
- Nice use of elevation but there are many flat holes here also.
Excellent course. Very long and challenging. Lots of water hazards. Bring your "A" game!
Unreal Disc Golf Course!!! It's hard form the short pads but from the longs there are no words. A lot of water with the wind to go along with it. Bring extra plastic! I love and hate this course all at the same time. a must play!!!
Courses Close By
- Credit Island, Davenport IA US(2 votes)
- Longview Park, Rock Island IL US(1 vote)
- Slattery Park, Davenport IA US(2 votes)
- Eastern Avenue Park, Davenport IA US(4 votes)
- Camden Park 1, Milan IL US(5 votes)
- Camden Park 2, Milan IL US(2 votes)
- Prospect Park, Moline IL US(4 votes)
- Middle Park Disc Golf Course, Bettendorf IA US(3 votes)
- Devil's Glen, Bettendorf IA US(1 vote)
- Schultz Park Disc, Long Grove IA US(1 vote)