Southern Oaks Park
For this area Southern Oaks wins in the category of technical and challenging by a landslide. In fact, it's the only technical course around for miles. The course is carved out of the thick woods like a miniature version of East Metro "Manor" without the briar, cactus, mesquites, etc. There is a small creek that holds some stagnant water that runs through the course, but isn't a real hazard. There are several holes good for aces, and a couple others for eagles, and one real easy double eagle. Low traffic is an added bonus as well as the nice wooded canopy for shade, and the great Houck signage. No mandos needed.
The course par is a little too generous at 33. There isn't a practice basket or room to practice driving. There's a running trail that blindly crosses the fairway on one hole, and some people walk the course for exercise and nature walks. No benches or trash cans on the course.
There's a weekly mini on Sunday's at 12:00pm. We need a long technical/wooded challenging 18 hole course in the area like Circle C or East Metro. But, I'm thrilled to have Southern Oaks in town. Learn to tomahawk if you can't already and make an easy double eagle on hole 8.
Courses Close By
- Wolf Pen Creek, College Station TX US(2 votes)
- Oaks Park, College Station TX US(2 votes)
- Research Park, College Station TX US(5 votes)
- Tiffany Park, Bryan TX USNo votes yet
- First Baptist Bryan Disc Golf Course, Bryan TX USNo votes yet
- Austins Colony, Bryan TX US(2 votes)
- Jane Long Middle School, Bryan TX USNo votes yet
- Bonham Park, Bryan TX USNo votes yet
- Hohlt Park, Brenham TX USNo votes yet
- Camp Allen, Navasota TX USNo votes yet