Brent Baca Memorial
Very fun. Amazing view, surrounded by mountains. Holy wind hazard Batman! I live on the coast and haven't played in wind like that before. The vegitaion may be short and squat but I would try to stay clear of it. You can walk right on top of some of that tumbleweed mass. Bring a good rock climber in case you go in the gorge, there are some easy ways in and out but you might have a long walk back and forth.
PROS: Off the beaten path and located in a wide open space- If you like long drives and a few par 4s this is a great course to play. Several challenging mando shots, natural and manmade obstacles, and a small canyon keep it really interesting. The long tee pads are nice big concrete circles- some of the nicest pads to drive from that I've ever played. Some tricky basket placements along the edge of the canyon- be careful! Overall, nice layout design and some good imagination used on the manmade/recycled object obstacles. Mostly flat but a few good elevation shots too.
CONS: Not much bad to say- during peak summer months this course could be a bit of a stamina test if you're out of shape because its pretty long and there's not a lot of shade in areas- bring water and be prepared for a good long round of disc.
I give this course 3.5 - 4 LINKS.
[ My link ratings: ]
1 LINK: BAD. Course is bad, don't bother.
2 LINKS: OK. Course is alright, fun enough to play but not a first choice.
3 LINKS: GOOD. Good course, always fun to play.
4 LINKS: GREAT. These are the courses you want to live near- great quality park, layout, tees, baskets, etc.
5 LINKS: EPIC. This rating is reserved for only the best courses in the world. A MUST PLAY course.
Courses Close By
- Roosevelt Park, Albuquerque NM US(1 vote)
- Ladera, Albuquerque NM US(1 vote)
- Vista Hills Park, Rio Rancho NM USNo votes yet
- Canyon Park , Rio Rancho NM USNo votes yet
- Wildlife West Nature Park, Edgewood NM USNo votes yet
- IAIA Disc Golf Course, Santa Fe NM USNo votes yet
- Arroyo Chamisos Disc Golf Course, Santa Fe NM US(1 vote)
- Ashbaugh Park, Santa Fe NM US(1 vote)
- North Mesa Picnic Grounds, Los Alamos NM USNo votes yet
- Pendaries Village Disc Golf Course, Rociada NM USNo votes yet