Frequently Asked Questions - Membership
Information on PDGA Membership
A full list of member benefits can be found here.
The entire membership process should take 3-4 weeks. This time frame includes processing your membership, assigning your PDGA number and shipping your membership package. We ship using Business First Class. This rate generally takes 3-10 days once shipped. Thank you for your patience.
If your membership package has not arrived within 4 weeks of being processed, please notify the Memberships Manager, Sara Nicholson: firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-261-6342. To expedite the process when emailing, please make sure to include your mailing address. Once your address is confirmed, we will place a reship/redo order.
Contact the PDGA office at email@example.com or 706-261-6342.
Yes, if it is within the current calendar year. Just send an email listing the event(s), division and place of finish to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add the event(s) to your stats. There may be a delay in seeing an event in your stats if the tournament report has not been submitted by the tournament director. A good way to check this is to see if the online results state "Unofficial" or "Official". If it states "Official", the tournament report is in our possession and the event can be added.
The PDGA is a non-profit organization run by a volunteer Board of Directors, and hundreds - if not thousands - of volunteer hours to create all the programs managed by still more volunteers and 6 paid staff. With these funds the PDGA:
- organizes and manages a 1,300+ competitive event schedule world wide supporting each event with hard copy and electronic information;
- manages a points and ratings system for 18,000+ members;
- produces a full color glossy publication for all members;
- supports an annual World Championships;
- provides awards for outstanding achievement by a player, TD, volunteer, touring players;
- produces a hard copy and electronic version of a Course Directory with 3,200+ entries;
- keeps track of demographics which we supply to journalists, PR promoters and other interested parties;
- funds the PDGA Innovation Grant Program, created to increase and promote the awareness of the sport of disc golf and the Professional Disc Golf Association;
- manages a fabulous website where members can check their own personal stats pages at www.pdga.com and access the PDGA DISCussion board - sure to inform and entertain;
- manages live, hole-by-hole, online coverage for Majors and National Tour Elite Series events;
- sends out hard copy and e-notices, membership info, ballots and other mass mailings;
- manages the rules of play including revisions and updates every 3 years or so, as well as annual reprinting;
- manages a Competition Manual, a companion to the rules of play;
- produces an Information Kit available to members and non-members alike. The kit contains stats, demographics, testimonials, brochures and is useful for anyone interested in installing a course in their area or promoting the sport in general;
- prints a glossy promo brochure "What Is Disc Golf?" available to anyone upon request;
- annually produces for sale a high quality video of the annual PDGA Pro World Championships;
- organizes and subsidizes an insurance policy available to Tournament Directors of PDGA sanctioned events;
- created and manages an officiating system which includes a written exam;
- sponsors a Marshals' Program;
- provides sponsorship to Major, National Tour Elite Series and SuperTour events in the form of a financial contribution, banners and flags, Marshals, event registration assistance;
- finances and hosts monthly teleconferences and 2 annual Board of Directors face to face Summits;
- offers a great "Welcome" package for new members;
- gratefully acknowledges 10 and 20 year PDGA members with a bag tag;
- continues to fund initiatives that work towards airing disc golf on TV;
- in April 2007 we opened the International Disc Golf Center here in Columbia County, Georgia, housing the offices of the PDGA, the Hall of Fame and Ed Headrick Museums surrounded by 3 Championship courses open to all;
- provides standardized rules governing the running of an event - i.e.: Payout;
- provides a method for preventing divisional sandbagging - i.e.: monitoring non/non-current members' player ratings to protect current members competing in a PDGA sanctioned event.
Birdie Club members receive a Birdie Club logo disc and Birdie Club Bag Tag. Ace Club members receive an Ace Club logo disc, Ace Club logo shirt and an Ace Club Bag Tag. Eagle Club members receive two personalized Eagle Club logo discs and an Eagle Club logo Columbia softshell jacket. This is a lifetime membership. All members of these clubs are listed on our website and in DiscGolfer Magazine, the PDGA's official publication. Thank you for your support.
Yes. Simply call our fulfillment house 888-840-7342 and they will be happy to make the upgrade for you.
Although some Tournament Directors offer to accept memberships at an event, it can sometimes lead to a lengthy process. The membership will arrive with the tournament report which may not be due until 30 days later, depending on the Tier status of the event. Your best bet, for future renewals, is to renew online www.pdgastore.com or over the phone 888-840-7342 for the quickest processing.
You will receive 4 issues of DiscGolfer. If you renew/join after issues have been released, the back issues will be included in your welcome/renewal package. If they are not included please contact the memberships manager, Sara Nicholson at email@example.com.
Currently we do not offer prorated memberships. If you feel you are going to compete in several PDGA sanctioned events before October 1st, then it will be worth it to go ahead and join. Members receive discounted entry fees to PDGA sanctioned events. However, if you will not be competing much before then, join after October 1st and your membership will be extended through the following year.
Yes to both. We track all sanctioned PDGA event results for all members in our database. If, after renewing, you do not see an event added to your stats, please contact our Tour Manager, Andrew Sweeton, firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABSOLUTELY! Don't let the name fool you. 75% of our members are Amateurs.
Yes you may. Simply renew using the Affiliate Club Membership form/link and add the family member option.
On the top menu bar you will see "Membership". There will be a drop down box; click on "Member Search". The lists will be on the far right-hand side of that page.
Call the office. It may not have reached us. Also, the PDGA office staff is small. Only one person in each department so our inboxes stay full. We thank you for your patience as we do answer all emails. If your matter is time sensitive please don't hesitate to call us instead. We are here for you!
PDGA: 706-261-6342 (Mon-Sat 9:00AM - 5:00PM ET) or 888-840-7342 (After hours)
November 1st - All documents should be available by this date or the following business day, if it falls on a weekend. The online system will be ready at this time as well. Thank you in advance for renewing!