The Outback Disc Golf Course
I was pleasantly surprised with this little course. Great hole design for challenging and fun play in the long pin position. Great mandatory on #5. What's with the smoke stack pumping out black smoke by the #9 tee? All 18 holes have metal baskets. Definitely get a course map from the Funplex. I didn't... what a mistake. Directions on my GPS did not get me there. Another way to get there is from I-25. Take Highway 34 East; turn left on 65th Ave; turn left on Leisure Lane (just past the pond on left); drive back to the Funplex; get a map. Definitely wear long pants. Someone said to watch out for snakes - add prarie dogs to the list. Great course - a must play for northern Colorado.
Wide variety of shots, lots of ob, water, and trees. Watch out for snakes and mosquitoes in summer. Pants are recommended since this course winds its way through an open space. However, the grass and weeds are mainly knocked down in the non growing season. Very fun course and challenging as well, pray that you have nice weather for your round here as wind can increase difficulty greatly due to the nature of pin locations and obstacles. A few keyhole shots are quite fun and help to break away from the ordinary. Bring a friend to help keep an eye on errant shots. The creek tends to run clearer in the colder months than in summer due to upstream field irrigation. Restrooms and refreshments can be found at the Family Fun Plex building.
Courses Close By
- Epple Park, Greeley CO US
- Pioneer Park Disc Golf Course, Evans CO US
- University of N. Colorado, Greeley CO US
- Oxbow Disc Golf Course, Windsor CO US
- River Ranch Disc Golf Course, Johnstown CO US
- Timnath Reservoir, Timnath CO US
- Fort Collins High School Disc Golf Course, Fort Collins CO US
- Thompson Valley HS, Loveland CO US
- Boltz Jr. High School, Fort Collins CO US
- Edora Park, Fort Collins CO US