Seth Burton Memorial DGC
More likely a 4 1/2, one of the best courses I've played. The fact that it's right next to Orange Crush makes it the best area for disc golf I've been. A fun, mostly open course with some great long holes to test your drives. Also, fantastic signs and teepads.
One of the best kept secrets in WV disc golf; the Seth Burton Memorial DGC. Designed by 1986 DGWC Johnny Sias #1700, Jason Stalnaker #10812 and Ken Rollins #7030 the course has something for all skill levels.
Beautiful park setting with immaculate tree's and excellent landscaping describes this championship course. Two sets of concrete tee pads (Long and Short), two pin positions (A and B), a plethora of out-of-bounds and wide variety of fairways challenge even the best disc golfers.
The course starts with a nice, short ace run through the trees with a distance of 148 feet. Keeping a low score on the front nine is crucial since birdies do not come easy on the back nine. Number 12 aka the Green Monster is a hefty 665 feet! Plenty of shots for the "big arm" and the "gap shooter" alike.
This course will challenge a disc golfer on every aspect of their game; from accurate drives to long distance bombs to that precise upshot and putt this course has it all!
Courses Close By
- Orange Crush, Fairmont WV US
- Dorsey's Knob Disc Golf Course, Morgantown WV US
- Veterans Memorial Park, Clarksburg WV US
- The Timberdoodle Thicket, Middlebourne WV US
- Jumonville Glen, Hopwood PA US
- Davis & Elkins College, Elkins WV US
- Stonewall Jackson Resort, Roanoke WV US
- Wisp Deep Creek Ski Resort, McHenry MD US
- California University of PA, Coal Center PA US
- The Black Course, Moundsville WV US