Montiel Park Disc Golf Course
This is a short 9 hole course, so I am rating it as such. I don't believe it is fair to compare it to an 18 holer like La Mirada.
I think this is an excellent course for what it is, a short 9 holer. Great use of the land and an interesting mix of shots. Great course for practicing your approaches and putting, plus I can knock out 27 holes in 45 minutes by simply playing at a brisk pace. (No running.) I usually play this one with just a putter and an overstable forehand driver.
Did I mention that I really like this course? :)
Good beginner course. Holes are short but have nice launch pads, visibly posted signs and easy to follow course layout. Not very crowded, its free, and the view of the city at the top of the course is beautiful. Extra makeshift longer set of holes makes for fun challenge, but we felt like we were roasting in the sun. The entire course is just one big dirt HILL, that's IT. No trees, no elevation change (besides go up the hill, now go down the hill, and you're done). Oh, and coming down the hill, what is the deal with the large OB fenced off section where you're "not allowed to retrieve discs" ya right. Like I'm gonna lose my $18 Wraith because of your poor course layout. If it wasn't so far from SD I'd go again, but as it stands, you've seen the last of me San Marcos 9 hole.
I'll agree with "rizbee" but I was not a big fan of all the dirt. I played this week and the wild green grass of spring is now dead straw of summer. Green it up and it might draw more attention for potential players. Great use of land though as it is built on a hill side.
Relatively short course, but the 2nd set of tees make it more challenging. More trees would make it more challenging/interesting. Makes the most of the piece of land that was available.
Courses Close By
- CSU San Marcos Disc Golf Course, San Marcos CA US
- Escondido Rotary Disc Golf Course at Kit Carson Park, Escondido CA US
- Sunset Park, San Marcos CA US
- Brengle Terrace Park Disc Golf Course, Vista CA US
- Center City Golf Course at Goat Hill, Oceanside CA US
- Camp Pendleton Barracks Disc Golf Course, Oceanside CA US
- Paloma Del Sol Disc Golf Course, Temecula CA US
- Sun Valley, La Mesa CA US
- Olive Glen Disc Golf Course at Sycuan Resort, El Cajon CA US
- Morley Field, San Diego CA US