I played this course for the first time today and it was a huge joy since i just moved to Tulsa and it was 68 degrees in December here. This course seems to have a little of everything for every kind of disc golfer. Its got long 500 foot holes, yet short ace run holes. It has shots where you've got to decide to play it safe or try in get your disc over the little stream that runs through the park. It also has open shots and also shots with lots of trees and paths to shoot through or around. The only downside i see with this course is the walk ways that your shooting around throughout the course, which is only a problem when theres alott of pedestrians im sure. thats why i gave it a 3, but i would give it a 4 if not for that. I can't wait to get my first Ace at McClure and in Oklahoma! i've got 25 in my home town in Springfield, Missouri, but none anywhere else! Give this course a try! DISC GOLF OR DIE!!!!!!
This course has it all - water, woods, open holes, elevation changes, distance holes, ace runs. Possibly my favorite course I have played anywhere. Alternate tees are there but you have to know where to find them. But the standard course is so good, the alternates aren't necessary. Alternate pin locations exist but the baskets are rarely moved.
The only con I can think of is the pedestrian traffic on walking trails.
I had to come back and edit this review slightly after playing the Stafford County Lake Course in Novato, CA. McLure is now my second favorite course and more appropriatly rated a 4(4.25).
Courses Close By
- Course Dovillio, Tulsa OK US(1 vote)
- Maxwell Park, Tulsa OK USNo votes yet
- University of Oklahoma Schusterman, Tulsa OK USNo votes yet
- Blackhawk, Tulsa OK USNo votes yet
- Redhawk, Tulsa OK US(1 vote)
- Riverside Park, Tulsa OK US(1 vote)
- Westport, Tulsa OK USNo votes yet
- Reed Park, Tulsa OK USNo votes yet
- Nienhuis Park, Broken Arrow OK USNo votes yet
- Copperhead Canyon YMCA, Tulsa OK USNo votes yet