Lemon Lake County Park - Blue
Beautiful course, played it for the first time yesterday. Scenary is killer, and some wicked doglegs.
I was majorly disappointed in Lemon Lake. It was talked up so much I expected a lot. The grounds are beautiful, but maps, signs, tees and holes were pitifully marked. We've been playing at The Oaks in Frankfort IL, and compared to their course Lemon Lake was low budget. (even though it's the only course we've ever had to pay for: $8)
We quit on the 10th hole because even with the map we couldn't find the 11th tee. The baskets are colored (red/blue/white/etc.) according to the course, but when there are two blue baskets in front of you and nothing to give a clue which one you should be shooting for...
Many of the cheap plastic maps on the tees were broken and even when they weren't they were no help at all.
Again, beautiful course, but with all the money they pull in there you'd think they could spend a little bit on signage.
Everyone we talked to say "You should play with someone that already knows the course"... I don't think that should be a requirement. Signage is inexpensive, no excuse for the frustration the half effort caused.
if you havent played at >>>LEMON LAKES
Courses Close By
- Lemon Lake County Park - Red, Crown Point IN US
- Lemon Lake County Park - Silver, Crown Point IN US
- Lemon Lake County Park - White, Crown Point IN US
- Community, Munster IN US
- Sergeant Means Park, Olympia Fields IL US
- Riverfront Park, South Holland IL US
- Patriots Park, Homewood IL US
- Pulaski Park, Hammond IN US
- Rogers Lakewood Park, Valparaiso IN US
- Commissioners Park, Frankfort IL US