Ashe County Park Disc Golf Course
Living near this course and learning to play on this course I never truly knew the beauty of it until expanding onto other courses. Now I can say it is truly brilliant. The use or terrain and hills is very prominent and adds an extra difficultly to the course. The front nine includes wide fields with spotted trees and the signature water trap in the middle of the course, while the back nine winds through narrow paths in the woods and thick forests. This course has a bit of everything all rolled into this great course.
great course. a couple of the baskets are hard to find from the box. long hike to play all 18. good elevation changes.
This course is great! The scenery is the best and the disc golf just seemsto fit right into the mountain side. Some long, arm stretching shots and some shorter, more technical shots. A great layout to play.
Pros: beautiful course (its in the calandars), great course design using the terrain. Nothing beats throwing down the side of the mountain!
Cons: the terrain, not really a con, but you better be healthy and able to hike because when you paly here, you go up and down the mountains so bring your good lungs and hope for no rollaway discs!
Overall: one of the best I have ever played!
Courses Close By
- Ralph Stout Park Disc Golf, Mountain City TN US
- Highland Hills Disc Golf Course - North Wilkesboro, North Wilkesboro NC US
- Beech Mountain Resort Disc Golf, Beech Mountain NC US
- Emory and Henry College, Maedowview VA US
- Virginia Highlands Community College, Abingdon VA US
- Elk Mountain Disc Golf, Plumtree NC US
- Roan Mountain Disc Golf Course, Roan Mountain TN US
- Linville River Cabins Disc Golf, Newland NC US
- Tombstone Mountain, Elizabethton TN US
- Steele Creek Park, Bristol TN US