Pages : 1 2 [3]

warlocks00
Apr 12 2010, 04:47 PM
So Randle El is coming back to the black and gold.

With the signing of 2 WR, could this mean the end of Limas Sweed's stay in Pitt? Being from Texas I was sure glad to see us draft Sweed. He was great at Texas, but with his hands of stone, Wallace coming on last year, and Battle and Randle El signing looks like someone's gotta be the odd man out.

After seeing the news at lunch today...guess I am glad the Black and Gold picked up "hopefully" some quality WRs. Can not believe they traded Holmes for a 5th rounder.... :(

I am in shock!!!!!!

md21954
Apr 13 2010, 03:17 PM
that's one helluva mullet big bennifer was sporting in his news conference. what a clown! it never ceases to amaze how much of an idiot he presents himself as. really... i know you can't fix stupid but one would think his handlers would earn their keep a little better.

i'd love to be a fly on the wall in the come to jesus meeting with rooney.

md21954
Apr 16 2010, 01:13 PM
big ben sure is one smooooth operator! (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0416101ben1.html)

hi, jeffrey!

pterodactyl
Apr 23 2010, 05:06 PM
I watched the entire first round last night. Have to say that it was quite entertaining. I totally enjoyed it when Denver starting making all kinds of trades. Looks like most of the teams drafted well for a change(not sure what the Raiders were thinking[again]. Looking forward to the next 2 rounds today after work.

md21954
Jun 29 2010, 10:22 AM
another colon blow for the steelers

warlocks00
Jun 29 2010, 01:41 PM
another colon blow for the steelers

Saw that this morning...that 'stinks'! HA!

On a much better note, I just got my Steeler vs. Pats tickets Sunday night. Pittsburgh here I come in Novmember! Now I am just waiting on NHL tickets to go on sale in Spetember, going to see the Rangers.

md21954
Jul 21 2010, 10:55 AM
i'm not entirely thrilled about such high expectations from the press but... (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/07/20/ravens/index.html)

kUrTp
Jul 21 2010, 05:10 PM
Way to put the pressure on Derrick Mason!

Fishead_Tim
Jul 28 2010, 07:01 AM
T.O and Ocho in Cincinnati = Oh Oh in Oh.!

pterodactyl
Sep 09 2010, 12:31 PM
Let the games begin!

md21954
Sep 09 2010, 12:44 PM
i can hardly contain myself.

look who's sittin' way up on the power rankings at #2 (again)...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/09/08/week.1.1/index.html?eref=sihp

NOHalfFastPull
Sep 09 2010, 09:05 PM
Who DAT?
http://media.nola.com/tpphotos/photo/-6eed458d0dfa89cb_custom_665xauto.jpg

warlocks00
Sep 13 2010, 11:06 AM
here we go steelers...here we go!!!

pterodactyl
Sep 13 2010, 01:38 PM
Cowboys? hehehehehe

warlocks00
Sep 13 2010, 01:42 PM
Cowboys? hehehehehe

That was a great ending to that game....Especially after Blomo tried throwing it away twice! Maybe that will cool down all the "we're going to to be the first to win a SB at home" talk I've had to put up with for the last 9 months...all be cause they finally won their first playoff game this century last season!!!! BOOOOO THE COWBOYS!

pterodactyl
Sep 13 2010, 05:12 PM
Ya, I hear ya.
Intercept that ball, Redskins. Choke-mo is throwing it right to you. Get some Lester Hayes stick 'em or something.

warlocks00
Sep 14 2010, 09:27 AM
i can hardly contain myself.

look who's sittin' way up on the power rankings at #2 (again)...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/09/08/week.1.1/index.html?eref=sihp

WoW, looked real "powerful" last night! :)

md21954
Sep 14 2010, 10:40 AM
i have no complaints about that win. a W is a W especially against a much hyped "super bowl contender" in a hostile environment. coughing it up 3x in the first half (including on the first play of the game inside the red zone no less) and only yielding 9 pts is pretty powerful.

#52 looked pretty powerful as did the revamped receiver corp. the jets had so many penalties because they couldn't cover them. ferguson couldn't stop suggs without holding him over and over and over again.

aside from a few mistakes, flacco looked good-- especially on 3rd down. the defense was undeniably powerful and the injury ridden secondary held their own. flacco gained a lot of confidence in his WRs last night (he should-- it's probably the best threesome on any team in the NFL).

remember that there were only 4 road wins in week one this year. going into the new meadowlands and coming out with a win against a solid team is nothing to sneeze at. week 4 can't get here soon enough.

seewhere
Sep 14 2010, 01:28 PM
GO REDSKINS:eek:

tkieffer
Sep 14 2010, 02:51 PM
remember that there were only 4 road wins in week one this year.

.... with one of those being the Pack in Philli. GO PACK!

kUrTp
Sep 14 2010, 04:45 PM
week 4 can't get here soon enough.

First off, Mark Sanchez is NOT an NFL elite QB so your defense didn't prove much. You're correct in saying the murderer played great, cause he did. And just because you're receiving core are all well known names doesn't make them the best combo in the league. Whosyourmama is a BUM in my opinion. But Mason and Bolden are two top notch WRs, I'll give you that.

We'll see if your secondary will hold up against the Bungles!

Week 4 will be the ultimate test for your offense. As of now, until the raper gets back, The Steelers D is all we got!

md21954
Sep 14 2010, 05:46 PM
only time in the history of the NFL that 3 receivers with >500 catches have been on the same squad according to MNF.

bring it, yinzers!!! fwiw, dennis dixon ain't an elite NFL qb either hahahahahahahahaha!

gotcha
Sep 14 2010, 09:56 PM
ABC

(Anybody but the Cowboys)

:)

warlocks00
Sep 15 2010, 09:08 AM
bring it, yinzers!!! fwiw, dennis dixon ain't an elite NFL qb either hahahahahahahahaha!

No he isn't, but nobody is saying he is....he did have about the same statline as your boy Unibrow though!(the supposed elite QB with "the best" WR group in the league)

md21954
Sep 15 2010, 12:08 PM
hey now, flacco took care of the unibrow and was going up against the vaunted jets' secondary (and had two TDs dropped!). dixon was playing the lowly falcons.

i wouldn't call flacco elite yet but he could certainly be on the way.

warlocks00
Sep 15 2010, 05:01 PM
hey now, flacco took care of the unibrow.

hehe....

Jeff_LaG
Sep 19 2010, 09:58 PM
I've had md90210 on Ignore for almost a year now and don't read his posts (other than what gets quoted by warlocks00) but I'm willing to bet that he shuts his trap after Flacco Seagull's 17/39 4 INT performance today. :rolleyes:

warlocks00
Sep 20 2010, 09:53 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS...HERE WE GO!!!

What's this the Steelers are on top of the AFC North???? With a 4th string QB???

1 of only 4 other teams in the AFC with a 2-0 record!!! And only 1 of 7 in the entire NFL!!!

How about Timmons this year, man does he look like he's ready to become an elite LB or what!!!!

md21954
Sep 20 2010, 10:14 AM
don't get too excited. it's only week 2.

i'm less worried about the ravens 1-1 record as i am about only scoring 20 pts so far. if flacco doesn't show signs of competence against the brownies next week, i vote giving bulger a shot. 6 turnovers in 2 games is awful. cut yesterday's 4 in half and we'd have likely won.

warlocks00
Sep 20 2010, 01:15 PM
don't get too excited. it's only week 2.

I don't know what you're talking about MD......it's week 2 and the Steelers are 2-0 with a 3rd and 4th string QB piecing it together. We Steeler fans have a lot to be excited about!!!(of course not about our offense...yet!) All I hoped for during this 4 game stretch was 2-2.......now that we started 2-0, 3-1 is VERY possible, and with the way the Ravens have played so far 4-0 is not out of the question(although I won't start holding my breath just yet!).

warlocks00
Sep 27 2010, 12:47 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS.....HERE WE GO!!!

3-0...one of only 2 left undefeated left in the AFC!!!

And soon to be 1 of 3 left in the NFL after tonight!

md21954
Sep 27 2010, 01:31 PM
gonna be a bruiser this sunday. i'll be warming up for the game with a round at paw paw.

kUrTp
Sep 28 2010, 10:41 AM
I look at it this way...We could start Randle El at QB and it won't matter. Baltimore's D just gave up 144 yards and 1 TD to Peyton Hillis of the Cleveland Brownies! With the way our O-line is playing and having the best defense in the league, we're going to roll over the Birdies.

md21954
Sep 28 2010, 01:00 PM
i like your overconfidence

SCOTT
Sep 30 2010, 10:51 PM
The only way the Steelers could lose is if someone gives Ray Lewis a knife....again.

warlocks00
Oct 04 2010, 11:29 AM
gonna be a bruiser this sunday.

It was a bruiser....Congrats on your Win MD!
Thought we had you until we shot ourself in the foot with all those penalties at the end of the game. Was a good one...well as good as one can get that you lose. Hopefully we'll do better next time around!

Still, 3-1 and tied for the AFC North after 4 games with no Big Ben...who would have thought it!

md21954
Oct 04 2010, 12:28 PM
In paw paw with no 3g so gotta keep t his short. Go ravens! Flacco really shreddes that vaunted pittsburgh d!

warlocks00
Oct 05 2010, 09:14 AM
Don't know that I would call that shreding the vaunted Steeler D....but you did get the win and that is all that matters when the clock strikes 0:00!
Your O-line held off our 4 man rush at the end to win it!
(not real sure why we didn't send more people, why would you give this guy time at the end of the game to find one of his 3 500+ reception recievers?)

md21954
Oct 05 2010, 01:39 PM
I look at it this way...We could start Randle El at QB and it won't matter. Baltimore's D just gave up 144 yards and 1 TD to Peyton Hillis of the Cleveland Brownies! With the way our O-line is playing and having the best defense in the league, we're going to roll over the Birdies.

oh lord this makes me chuckle.

md21954
Oct 05 2010, 01:42 PM
I've had md90210 on Ignore for almost a year now and don't read his posts (other than what gets quoted by warlocks00) but I'm willing to bet that he shuts his trap after Flacco Seagull's 17/39 4 INT performance today. :rolleyes:

how i wish jeffrey was able to control his emotions when reading my posts. i don't want to have to worry about his blood pressure though. it is just a disc golf forum afterall.

md21954
Oct 05 2010, 01:44 PM
The only way the Steelers could lose is if someone gives Ray Lewis a knife....again.

#52 is a stand up guy as well as the greatest middle linebacker to ever play the game. he ran with the wrong crowd a loooooooooooooooooong time ago but has changed his ways.

let's hope big bennifer doesn't give some unsuspecting college minor some roofies... again.

md21954
Oct 05 2010, 01:47 PM
Week 4 will be the ultimate test for your offense. As of now, until the raper gets back, The Steelers D is all we got!

i think week 1 at NYJ was a stiffer test but i'm happy with how the birds performed. i give them an A plus! plus! plus! plus! plus!

would someone please pass my regards to jeffrey? i don't think he's capable of handling smack talk.

kUrTp
Oct 05 2010, 04:25 PM
Didn't you post something like this earlier.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

SCOTT
Oct 05 2010, 04:51 PM
Kind of makes me wonder if Ted Bundy would have changed his ways if they gave him a get out of jail free card..lol

The only thing the Ravens did all day was their last drive. I was actually impressed that we were winning with the QB that was cut, then brought back. Nice call about the roofies. Does that mean your going to wear a wig and hang out in the Atlanta area bars trying to get Ben to buy you a drink?

warlocks00
Oct 05 2010, 04:58 PM
#52 is a stand up guy as well as the greatest middle linebacker to ever play the game. .

Crack jokes about Ben all you want, it is well deserved at this point......but

I'm pretty sure we had the best middle linebacker to ever play the game......he wore #58 and won 4 Superbowls!

circle_2
Oct 05 2010, 06:08 PM
Chiefs!

I'm guessing the '72 Dolphins have already popped their champagne though...

tkieffer
Oct 05 2010, 06:14 PM
I'm pretty sure we had the best middle linebacker to ever play the game......he wore #58 and won 4 Superbowls!

Strange, I thought the best middle linebacker wore #66 and won 5 championships with the Packers.

SCOTT
Oct 05 2010, 10:48 PM
Strange, I thought the best middle linebacker wore #66 and won 5 championships with the Packers.

Nice way of calling them "championships" since Nitschke only had two Superbowls. Thats some old school stuff there, back then the NFL only had 14 teams. lol and Cleveland was good and Baltimore was the colts.

md21954
Oct 06 2010, 08:09 AM
Baltimore's D just gave up 144 yards and 1 TD to Peyton Hillis of the Cleveland Brownies!

cleveland 20
pittsburgh 13

you heard it hear first

warlocks00
Oct 06 2010, 09:57 AM

Maybe we can agree....both were better than #52 of the Ravens!

I sure like that number(66) better, but that is a different sport!

tkieffer
Oct 06 2010, 11:36 AM
Nice way of calling them "championships" since Nitschke only had two Superbowls. Thats some old school stuff there, back then the NFL only had 14 teams. lol and Cleveland was good and Baltimore was the colts.

Because Superbowls didn't exist yet.

If you look at many 'all time best nfl player lists' (Sporting News has one), you'll find #66 ahead of the Steeler linebacker. Of course, Chicago fans might have an argument concerning #51.

All in good fun of course.

SCOTT
Oct 06 2010, 11:46 AM
Thats because before they had superbowls it was still bush league. Look at some of the cities.... I mean towns that had teams. As much as I like the good ol days of football. Most of yesterdays superstars would not even make today's teams.

tkieffer
Oct 06 2010, 12:01 PM
Thats because before they had superbowls it was still bush league. Look at some of the cities.... I mean towns that had teams. As much as I like the good ol days of football. Most of yesterdays superstars would not even make today's teams.

In the 60's? What 'towns' had a team in the 60's besides Green Bay?

I think you may be referring to a couple of decades earlier.

SCOTT
Oct 06 2010, 02:50 PM
Your right. It was much before the 60s. Don't get me wrong. Even though I am a Steeler fan, I have always liked Green Bay. They have an excellent fan base and are the roots of the NFL in my eyes. They don't have teams come and go like some other cities.

md21954
Oct 06 2010, 03:10 PM
Most of yesterdays superstars would not even make today's teams.

hence #52 is the greatest middle linebacker EVER!
women want him. men want to be him.

SCOTT
Oct 06 2010, 11:27 PM
hence #52 is the greatest middle linebacker EVER!
women want him. men want to be him.

Good player; but definately would not want to be him, too many hits makes the brain damage come early in life. You obviously want him though.

md21954
Oct 11 2010, 08:31 AM
BOOM!

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/o-line%20better

gotcha
Oct 14 2010, 07:49 AM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/bigben.jpg

md21954
Oct 14 2010, 06:22 PM

somebody's trap is still shut after that week 4 playoff victory in da burgh. WOOO!

http://media10.podbean.com/pb/d2a5810eea7cb5e0635c6be8bb80aeab/4cb77485/blogs10/173162/uploads/ric-flair.jpg

warlocks00
Oct 18 2010, 09:58 AM
cleveland 20
pittsburgh 13

you heard it hear first

Wrong....maybe you ment 23 Pats 20 Ravens?

The Steelers are in 1st in the AFC North....you heard it here first!(actually probably not the first place you heard it)

Ben looked pretty good for his first game back, of course it was just the brownies! Couple of over throws, but 3 TDs isn't to bad of a start!

md21954
Oct 18 2010, 10:50 AM
a coin toss road loss to a belichek team coming off a bye week ain't that big of a deal. yeah i'd have preferred the ravens didn't blow a 10 point lead but we lost the same game this time last year in similar fashion then went on to destroy them in the post season.

the good news is we get #20 back this week.

oh... and tom brady is the biggest whiney cry baby in the nfl. he makes faces like a five year old having candy taken away from him and stomps his feet like a little girl.

warlocks00
Oct 18 2010, 11:16 AM
oh... and tom brady is the biggest whiney cry baby in the nfl. he makes faces like a five year old having candy taken away from him and stomps his feet like a little girl.

Agreed!

SCOTT
Oct 18 2010, 07:41 PM
Steeler season is officially here! That was the longest preseason ever. All the starters are in the game now. Funny thing is that we were still "in many eyes" the best team in the NFL, even with the best quarterback in the NFL out on suspension. Undefeated for the rest of the year? I have heard crazier, and am sure MD20/20 can top the craziest. Lets hear it!

md21954
Oct 19 2010, 08:23 AM
ravens 17
pittsburgh 14

in pittsburgh. let the excuses start up again...

warlocks00
Oct 19 2010, 09:28 AM
I have heard crazier, and am sure MD20/20 can top the craziest. Lets hear it!

I think he just did predicting the score(wrong again I might add) of a game that is still 7 weeks away! ;)

SCOTT
Oct 19 2010, 12:46 PM
That is funny. I guess it is all he has to look forward to since a regular season game versus the Steelers is pretty much their Superbowl!

md21954
Oct 19 2010, 01:41 PM
you silly stooler fans. i was simply reminding you of the week 4 score at heinz field. i can see how you'd like to block that from your short term memory. let your excuses start rolling again.

SCOTT
Oct 19 2010, 02:24 PM
Living in the past is not my thing. Its a good song though. Feel free to keep hanging onto that win though and your single superbowl over 10 years ago!

kUrTp
Oct 20 2010, 09:47 AM
So lets discuss how the NFL once again stands for the "NO FUN LEAGUE". All this crap about suspensions for violent hits is making me sick. Whats football without them? After the next Ravens - Steelers game, both teams will have suspensions coming their way.

warlocks00
Oct 20 2010, 11:11 AM
I think they are going overboard on the deal. Don't get me wrong, players do need to be protected in certain situations.

On the other side these guys know the dangers of playing in the NFL and are rewarded in extreme paychecks for those dangers. At some point the world has got to realize sometimes there are consequences for our actions, no one forced us to do "that action" so repercussions are no ones fault but our own.

What is a player suppose to do let the guy catch the ball over the middle on that 3rd and 7 because he can't try to knock the ball out because he's worried he may get suspended for the next game and hurt the team even worse????

pterodactyl
Oct 20 2010, 12:58 PM

Are you talking about Justin Bieber's older brother?

md21954
Oct 20 2010, 08:32 PM
i always thought he was more geico caveman than beiber.

topdog
Oct 20 2010, 11:38 PM
Only an Steeler would cry about retiring cause the NFL wont let him head hunt anymore.

SCOTT
Oct 21 2010, 10:05 AM
I think most players in the NFL agree with Harrison. It is not a game for sissies. The goal is to hit hard and the harder you hit the more effective. IT is basically the NFL trying to cover themselves from future lawsuits. There has been alot of critisizm on TV about how barbaric the NFL is. People can then use that as grounds to sue the NFL since they knew about it and did nothing. So now they are doing something. Pretty soon look to see the name changed to the NFFL. National Flag Football League!

pterodactyl
Oct 21 2010, 01:33 PM
I can see it now: Harrison retires from NFFL because he can't dive for flags.

warlocks00
Oct 21 2010, 03:07 PM
I can see it now: Harrison retires from NFFL because he can't dive for flags.

Well that's because diving is dangerous....you could get a piece of grass in your eye or something!!!!!

dischick
Oct 22 2010, 02:06 PM
Major Fantasy Vent... my team has terminal cancer and it continues to spread across my bench. Sidney Rice, Ryan Grant, Jermichael Finley, and now Dallas Clark. Not to mention Monterio Hardesty (who cares) and Michael Vick. Somehow, I am tied for 2nd out of 12. Predictions on who the next fly to drop will be? So, advice, advice, advice. Keep Clark on the bench, or drop? The only injured player I have kept around is Vick...

warlocks00
Oct 22 2010, 02:58 PM
Drop Clark he went on IR which means his season is over!

How in the world did you get Finley and Clark on the same team?

kUrTp
Oct 22 2010, 03:08 PM
First off, why would you draft Sidney Rice in the first place? Unless it a keeper league and you already had him.

dischick
Oct 22 2010, 03:09 PM
We did the draft before he got injured. Our draft was unfortunately unnecessarily early this year. After he was injured I quickly replaced him. Where is it showing up that Clark is officially on IR?

warlocks00
Oct 22 2010, 03:24 PM
www.cbssports.com

md21954
Oct 22 2010, 09:38 PM
fantasy tip: pick up danny woodhead (NE) in multiple RB leagues if still available. his bye week has passed, moss being gone, NE injuries and recent performance will lead to more carries, and (best of all) he's listed as a rare WR/RB option. he'll be a solid 2nd RB, w/r/t or 2nd WR start until he gets popped by a devasting hit over the middle. i give him >70 all purpose yds and a td this week.

thanks me later! marks my words. opulence. i has it.

md21954
Oct 25 2010, 09:24 AM
whew. that was a close one. too bad the refs gave pittsburgh a win.

we would have lost if not for the greatest middle LB ever...

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/Ray%20Bills.jpg

tkieffer
Oct 25 2010, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=md21954;1441322]

... if not for the greatest middle LB ever... ;)

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID7251/images/nitschke.jpg

warlocks00
Oct 25 2010, 01:10 PM
[QUOTE=md21954;1441322]
we would have lost if not for the greatest middle LB ever...
/QUOTE]

It had nothing to do with the fact that you played one of the worst teams in the NFL?

md21954
Oct 25 2010, 01:14 PM
It had nothing to do with the fact that you played one of the worst teams in the NFL?

nope. it's unfortunate that it came down to it but had the greatest middle linebacker ever (#52) not ripped that ball away in OT the game would have been a disaster.

also, we've already established that 60's nfl players wouldn't cut it in today's league.

SCOTT
Oct 25 2010, 03:50 PM
Just out of curiosity...who has the best record in the NFL right now?

warlocks00
Oct 25 2010, 04:51 PM
I can tell you who doesn't and it involves the supposed "greatest MLB of all time" and his team!!! ;)

md21954
Oct 25 2010, 04:56 PM
who won week 4 at heinz field? i think that's a pretty good indicator of who's gonna win week 13 in baltimore.

warlocks00
Oct 25 2010, 05:38 PM
Um, doesn't that indicates the away team winning week 13! :o

SCOTT
Oct 25 2010, 07:00 PM
lol still clinging to a week 4 win? Will you still be proud of that come the playoffs when a win matters? Just remember... If the Browns hadn't left Cleveland, you wouldn't even have a team...lol On the other hand.... It must be nice being a Baltimore fan, you get two superbowls every year. When you play the Steelers!

It looks like there are only 2 games that matter to you. Week 4 and 13. The only one that matters to the Steelers is the one with a ring on the line. As long as we get that one you can have all the regular season games you want. Who knows though maybe the Ravens will leave Baltimore and a few years later a new team can come to town and win you a superbowl...again

pterodactyl
Oct 26 2010, 03:18 PM
fantasy tip: pick up danny woodhead (NE) in multiple RB leagues if still available. his bye week has passed, moss being gone, NE injuries and recent performance will lead to more carries, and (best of all) he's listed as a rare WR/RB option. he'll be a solid 2nd RB, w/r/t or 2nd WR start until he gets popped by a devasting hit over the middle. i give him >70 all purpose yds and a td this week.

thanks me later! marks my words. opulence. i has it.

Woodhead's a marginal player at best. I'd rather stick with "The Firm" of Ben, Jarvus, Green, Ellis.

md21954
Nov 01 2010, 09:21 PM
Woodhead's a marginal player at best. I'd rather stick with "The Firm" of Ben, Jarvus, Green, Ellis.

uhhh... duhhhh... i'd start ben jarvus over woodhead too but did you read anything i wrote? we're talking waiver pick ups. woodhead is available as a WR/RB! how many second WRs or third RBs can you count on for consistent yardage and TD potential through bye weeks? think versatility. TDs 3 weeks in a row and counting. it depends on the league structure but i didn't think i had to spell it out for you that much. woodhead was/is a solid pick up for a second receiver/third RB.

i was close with the 70+ yds and a td this week prediction (58 and a td).

pterodactyl
Nov 02 2010, 04:20 PM
If you have Woodhead as your 2nd running back, you better be in a 16 team league or stick to disc golf.

pterodactyl
Nov 02 2010, 04:41 PM
fantasy tip: pick up danny woodhead he'll be a solid 2nd RB, .

You changed this to 3rd RB in your last post. Thanks for spelling it out for me.

pterodactyl
Nov 04 2010, 05:27 PM
I like Danny Woodhead. I liked him when he was the D2 (or something like that) yardage leader, and I liked it when the Jets drafted him. I only like the firm better, cuz I had to pick him up when my RB's were decimated by injury.

warlocks00
Nov 04 2010, 06:33 PM
This year fantasy football seems to be the year of the injury that is for sure!

I'm in a league that starts 2QBs, and drafted Shaub and Kolb(and Edwards as my 3rd) to start the year...In this league there are no starting QBs left after the draft and the waiver wire is first come first serve. So you can see from that list I've been dealing with decimation all year. Dropped Kolb after he got benched, turns out that was a dumb move! Then the next week Edwards gets benched and traded...Luckily I had picked up Gradkoski(sp?), but that didn't last to long either. Now I've got Shaub, Hall, Anderson, and Gradkoski all on my roster....and I just hope every week at least 2 of them start and I pick the right ones!

Been a tough year....

pterodactyl
Nov 05 2010, 12:04 AM
In my keeper league last year I scored the most points in the playoffs and took 4th place.
This year i lost Finley, Grant, Collie, and D. Williams to injury and am in last place.
There's always next year.
I've had Moss the entire time and the only times I didn't play him he kicked bootee. Drafted him in the 7th round his rookie year during a start-up keeper league. Have sworn I'll never trade him and have kept to that. Gotta keep the poker face...

kUrTp
Nov 05 2010, 09:23 AM
the greatest middle linebacker ever (#52)

According to the NFL Network's Top 100 Players Dick Butkus was listed higher than Ray Ray. So I'll have to say he was the greatest middle linebacker ever.

SCOTT
Nov 08 2010, 08:57 PM
Seriously. All of these stupid flags and fines for hits and such are so lame. That guy barely touched Manning. I really don't want to watch flag football. If the hits are too hard take away the pads. This garbage will kill the NFL.

warlocks00
Nov 09 2010, 09:46 AM
Agreed....it is getting pretty ridiculous!

For Fish....Who dey...who dey...who dey thinks gonna beat them bUNgles?

THE STEELERS!!!

pterodactyl
Nov 10 2010, 02:30 PM
What's worse than getting stuck on Revis Island?

Having Randy Moss over for a dinner party. :)

Fishead_Tim
Nov 13 2010, 06:50 AM
Agreed....it is getting pretty ridiculous!

For Fish....Who dey...who dey...who dey thinks gonna beat them bUNgles?

THE STEELERS!!!

Well we got you twice last year so will let you whip us a couple of times.

warlocks00
Nov 17 2010, 02:48 PM
WOW, what a crappy game to spend soooo much money to travel from Texas to go see. Can not believe the defense played so bad! Couldn't of done much worse if they just stayed in the locker room! Plus having to watch Brady act the way he did rubbing it in our face with that spike and then the 2pt coversion attempt late in the game when it was out of reach....really?

Pittsburgh was great though...had a good time there. It's such a pretty place to visit when the leaves are changing. Don't get to see that where I'm from! Knob Hill is a very fun course to play if anyone is visiting up there.

Big game this week vs. the Raiders, come on HERE WE GO STEELERS..HERE WE GO!!!

md21954
Nov 22 2010, 10:17 AM
Woodhead's a marginal player at best.

he didn't look marginal at best on that 26 yd td scamper yesterday. if you look up "balance" in the nfl handbook that run would be the example. woodhead has put up solid WR numbers in my WR slot thus far and i think the best is yet to come.

md21954
Nov 30 2010, 01:10 PM
biggest of games this sunday night!

kUrTp
Dec 01 2010, 09:16 AM

Finally...something we can agree on!!!

warlocks00
Dec 01 2010, 10:22 AM

Does biggest even describe it?

SCOTT
Dec 01 2010, 07:35 PM
Looks like the Baltimorons might get to play against Batch again!

kUrTp
Dec 02 2010, 09:21 AM
Ben is going to play...he already practiced yesterday.

kUrTp
Dec 02 2010, 09:25 AM
Can the Steelers and Raven actually agree on something??!!??

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/localsports/12-2-2010-Steelers-Ravens-fines

md21954
Dec 02 2010, 09:53 AM
i think oher is going to play. we'd be in trouble otherwise. le'ron mclain is doubtful. it's about time for flacco to start using all of his weapons downfield-- boldin, mason, heap, houshmanzadeh AND the speedy stallworth.

i was just smack talking with an office yinzer a few minutes ago. i'm still trying to snag tix.

md21954
Dec 02 2010, 09:56 AM
big bennifer doesn't scare me. yeah he has a good record versus the ravens but he hasn't played them in a while. he didn't look too sharp against buffalo last week.

SCOTT
Dec 02 2010, 03:45 PM
He may scare you if you were wearing a DTF nametag

md21954
Dec 04 2010, 09:35 PM
ahhh finally procured a ticket. face value nonetheless!

GO RAVENS!!!

warlocks00
Dec 06 2010, 11:09 AM
who won week 4 at heinz field? I think that's a pretty good indicator of who's gonna win week 13 in baltimore.

um, doesn't that indicates the away team winning week 13! :o

here we go steelers...here we go!!!

kUrTp
Dec 06 2010, 03:15 PM
ahhh finally procured a ticket. face value nonetheless!

GO RAVENS!!!

Money Well Spent!!!

SCOTT
Dec 06 2010, 04:11 PM
Agreed. When was the last time Baltimore won against Ben? I know earlier this year it was Batch, then before that it was Dixon. Not sure when they actually beat us with our first string QB. Nevermind. Guess it doesn't matter.

warlocks00
Dec 06 2010, 06:13 PM
When was the last time Baltimore won against Ben?

I don't think they have...have they?

warlocks00
Dec 06 2010, 06:16 PM
What I want to know is how in the world did that hit on Heath Miller not draw a flag? You know 100% if that was Harrison that put that hit on him...he'd of been flagged and fined!

SCOTT
Dec 06 2010, 07:40 PM
Of course he would have been fined. He spoke out against the commissioner, then didn't kiss his ring like he was expected to do. For that he is marked. Can't do anything about it. It's big business. Not sure how Ben got punched in the nose (broken) with no flag either.

Hmm let’s recap the history. It turns out they beat him 1 time out of the 15 matchups. lol
9/19/04 Ravens Win 17- 14 (Batch)
12/26/04 Steelers Wins 20-7
10/31/05 Steelers Wins 20-19
11/20/05 Ravens Win 16-13OT (Maddox)
11/26/06 Ravens Win 27-0 (Ben!)
12/24/06 Steelers Wins 31-7
11/5/07 Steelers Wins 38-7
12/30/07 Ravens Win 27-21(Batch)
9/29/08 Steelers Win 23-20
12/14/08 Steelers Win 13-9
1/18 Playoff Steelers Win 23-14
11/29/09 Ravens Win 20-17OT (Dixon)
12/27/09 Steelers Win 23-20
10/3/10 Ravens Win 17-14 (Batch)
12/5/10 Steelers Win 13-10
Here is a good page that shows the lopsided rivalry.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steelers%E2%80%93Ravens_rivalry

Anyhow MD20/20. Glad you made it to the game so that you were able to experience greatness first hand. :)

warlocks00
Dec 14 2010, 12:17 PM
Stupid Shaub....thought we were going to get a 2 game lead in the AFC North last night!

pterodactyl
Dec 17 2010, 01:26 PM
Got crushed by VJax last night in the playoffs. Only 3 TDs down though. Come on, Michael Turner!

warlocks00
Dec 17 2010, 01:54 PM
I have Rivers....the only problem is the guy I'm playing had V-Jax. Pretty bad when you can't be happy your QB threw 3 TDs cause the guy he threw ALL OF THEM To out scores you!!! Couldn't throw just 1 to someone else???

pterodactyl
Dec 17 2010, 04:51 PM
I have Rivers....the only problem is the guy I'm playing had V-Jax. Pretty bad when you can't be happy your QB threw 3 TDs cause the guy he threw ALL OF THEM To out scores you!!! Couldn't throw just 1 to someone else???

That first TD was soooo lucky. VJax had his eyes closed.

warlocks00
Dec 17 2010, 06:55 PM
So what do you guys think:
(gotta pick one)
Holmes
Ward
Mason
???????

Jeff_LaG
Dec 18 2010, 02:40 AM
Rotoworld (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=NFL&columnid=57&articleid=37026&pg=2)
KFFL (http://www.kffl.com/article.php/126345)
ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=10ranksWeek15WR)
CNNSI (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/fantasy/football/nfl/player_projections/2010/15/wide_receiver.html)
AOL Fanhouse (http://fantasyfootball.fanhouse.com/2010/12/16/fantasy-football-week-15-rankings-wr/)

md21954
Dec 19 2010, 09:08 PM
what a great sunday...

md21954
Dec 20 2010, 11:16 AM
here we go ravens...here we go!!!

SCOTT
Dec 20 2010, 12:55 PM
Agreed. Steelers clinch a playoff spot despite the refs. I guess after 2 or 3 ignored pass interference calls the Jets decided to keep doing it. It cost a couple big plays and a touchdown though. No big deal we are going to the play offs!

Ravens might even make it in, guess we will have to wait and see.

md21954
Dec 20 2010, 04:51 PM
it was less the refs fault as it was polamalu's.

ravens might even win the afc north. i guess we'll have to wait and see.

SCOTT
Dec 20 2010, 05:31 PM

Possibly. They will have to beat the Bengals though and they had some trouble last time against them. I'ld like to hope Pittsburgh is going to try to win the Division and get the Bi instead of just resting players and waiting for playoffs. They said Troy could play if needed, he is just resting. One thing to be said is that the refs are doing a great job of keeping the games close. Football was better last year before all the bs.

More interesting is that Seattle could win the NFC West. Currently tied with St. Louis with 6 Wins!

warlocks00
Dec 20 2010, 05:44 PM
Welcome back to the board MD...Does your internet go out when the ravens lose? :D

Football was better last year before all the bs.

100% agree....this is getting horrible! With every big hit a flag comes out. That Clark hit yesterday should NOT have been a personal foul. They said he lead with his head, but the guy had jumped to catch the ball, and he jumped to dislog. Was he suppose to jump feet first into the air?

How in the world did that ref miss the pass interference call at the end, watchign it live on TV I could clearly see the jets DB pulled his jersey?!?!

Bad day all around for me yesterday, got knocked out of fantasy, the ravens won, the cryboys won...and the Steelers lost :(

md21954
Dec 21 2010, 10:00 AM
Welcome back to the board MD...Does your internet go out when the ravens lose? :D

the steelers loss was a very bitter pill to swallow. i did, however, enjoy the "no means no" chorus and big bennifer's broken nose.

something tells me the ravens and steelers are going to face each other again this season.

warlocks00
Dec 21 2010, 01:39 PM
Talk about a bitter pill.....I know how you feel, after traveling from Texas to PA. to see the Steelers get spanked by the Pats.

So the stadium was chanting "No means No"..that is funny!

md21954
Dec 23 2010, 10:35 AM
i know it sounds crazy but i feel a BIG let down coming tonight for pittsburgh. they did almost lose to buffalo afterall...

SCOTT
Dec 23 2010, 03:20 PM
i know it sounds crazy but i feel a BIG let down coming tonight for pittsburgh. they did almost lose to buffalo afterall...

Would you consider yourself more of a Ravens fan or a Steeler's hater? Its funny how people in Cleveland and Baltimore seem to know more about the Steelers than their own team.

Jeff_LaG
Dec 25 2010, 05:03 PM
LOL, I'm glad you quoted md90210 so I could see his lame prediction. I have him on Ignore because all he has ever posted on this message board is Steelers hatred. Most true fans of the game give respect to other teams when it is due; he obviously knows absolutely nothing about football so the haterade is all he can muster.

circle_2
Dec 28 2010, 11:12 AM
Chiefs!

md21954
Dec 28 2010, 12:02 PM
i'm not sure how i can live with myself knowing that jeffrey has me on ignore. it's even worse that he's compelled to remind me every time he posts on this thread. oh well. i guess i should take football smack more serious.

circle_2
Dec 28 2010, 01:05 PM
i'm not sure how i can live with myself knowing that jeffrey has me on ignore. it's even worse that he's compelled to remind me every time he posts on this thread. oh well. i guess i should take football smack more serious.
:D Whazzup...

md21954
Dec 28 2010, 01:34 PM
Woodhead's a marginal player at best.

lil danny woodhead as a second WR enabled my team to be within 13 pts in the final of my FF league. i have maclin, akers and philly D left to play and my opponent is done. my chances are good and TNF looks to be enthralling.

SCOTT
Jan 04 2011, 08:49 PM

Nope

SCOTT
Jan 16 2011, 03:47 AM
Hmm let’s recap the history. It turns out they beat him 1 time out of the 16 matchups. lol
9/19/04 Ravens Win 17- 14 (Batch)
12/26/04 Steelers Wins 20-7
10/31/05 Steelers Wins 20-19
11/20/05 Ravens Win 16-13OT (Maddox)
11/26/06 Ravens Win 27-0 (Ben!)
12/24/06 Steelers Wins 31-7
11/5/07 Steelers Wins 38-7
12/30/07 Ravens Win 27-21(Batch)
9/29/08 Steelers Win 23-20
12/14/08 Steelers Win 13-9
1/18 Playoff Steelers Win 23-14
11/29/09 Ravens Win 20-17OT (Dixon)
12/27/09 Steelers Win 23-20
10/3/10 Ravens Win 17-14 (Batch)
12/5/10 Steelers Win 13-10
1/15/11 Playoff Steelers Win 31-24

Here is a good page that shows the lopsided rivalry.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steelers%E2%80%93Ravens_rivalry

Anyhow MD20/20. Glad you made it to the game so that you were able to experience greatness first hand. :)

Thought I would update the list. Don't suppose we will hear from you till this fall though.

warlocks00
Jan 17 2011, 11:15 AM
What a game!!!! WHAT A FREAKIN GAME!!!! WHOOHOOO!!!!
HERE WE GO STEELERS....HERE WE GO!!!!

MD, even though I am sure it's still hurtin(I know I would be if I was on the other side). Good season!!!!! Win or lose your Ravens are always a fun game to watch vs. the Steelers. Trust me I was nervous about this game all week.

On the smack talk side: How about that "upgraded" WR corp.....the 2 big names brought in drop the 2 biggest passes of the season!!!!!!!!

OH, and to top off a great weekend of football....the Pats lose to the J....E....T...S jets, jets, jets!!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS....HERE WE GO!!!!

gotcha
Jan 19 2011, 11:54 AM
What I'm kind of surprised about is that no one commented on the incorrect date used when the above list was updated!

SCOTT
Jan 19 2011, 02:47 PM
lol. what incorrect date? Sorry don't have the donkey pic to post :)

gotcha
Jan 20 2011, 08:28 AM
You mean the smart-*** pic? :D

SCOTT
Jan 21 2011, 02:13 PM
Got my tickets, Can't wait to go freeze my tail off!
Go Steelers!

BogeyKing
Jan 21 2011, 02:38 PM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h190/MAKO_OH6/GRABM/GOBEARS.jpg

warlocks00
Jan 24 2011, 02:30 PM
Got my tickets, Can't wait to go freeze my tail off!
Go Steelers!

Man it sure looked cold!!

HERE WE GO....PITTSBURGHS GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL...HERE WE GO!!!!!

Now if I could just find a way to get into the SuperBowl without spending $3K+ on tickets!

kUrTp
Jan 24 2011, 09:53 PM
Did you guys see Sanchez pick his nose? What a child!!!

SCOTT
Jan 24 2011, 10:27 PM
Started pregame festivities at 11AM. Some layers and some handwarmers, never noticed the cold until the walk back to the vehicle. It was so worth it. Pittsburgh s goin to the Superbowl!!

warlocks00
Jan 25 2011, 09:13 AM
I bet it was...I tried to talk the wife into letting us fly up for the game, but since we have already been up there once it was a hard sell. Told her we could both go to that game for less than it would cost just me to go to the SuperBowl.

So now I am really trying to go to the SuperBowl. While I think it's CRAZY to spend that much on a ticket, when else am I ever going to have a chance to go when it's so close and MY TEAM IS IN IT!!!! Problem is I've got no other Steeler fan buddies here in San Angelo and only 1 guy that is kind of bitting on going with me.

Wish me luck.......

and yeah I did see Sanchez picking his nose and whipe it on Brunells coat. At first I thought surely he's joking, but then you could read Brunells lips and see Sanchez shaking his head yes.

kUrTp
Jan 26 2011, 08:42 PM
if you're buying those tickets I'll fly down and go with you!!!!

warlocks00
Jan 27 2011, 09:55 AM
if you're buying those tickets I'll fly down and go with you!!!!

Hehe....I do have lots of those kind of takers! "I'll go if you buy" All I can say is if I was buying 2 tickets my wife would be going!

The guy that was going to go with me sounds like he's decided all he can do is the Plaza Party tickets, which is still pretty stinkin expensive. Good enough for me though, at least I'll have a travel buddy. So if things work out like I hope, looks like I am going to buy myself a single ticket and go! Going to cut into my disc golf tourney season, but who cares, when else am I going to have this chance so close to home(4hrs)? Also won't be able to try and go to the HOF game , which I was thinking about doing if Bettis and Dawson get in together.

HERE WE GO STEELERS...HERE WE GO!!!!

warlocks00
Jan 28 2011, 11:42 AM
HERE WE GO....Jason & The Steelers are going to the Superbowl...HERE WE GO!!!!

Just bought the ticket, suppose to be here Tuesday...I am soooo excited! Just getting to go to the Superbowl is great, but to see my team...PRICELESS!

HERE WE GO!!!

tkieffer
Jan 28 2011, 11:49 AM
Even better, you'll be getting the chance to see the Packers! ;)

warlocks00
Jan 28 2011, 04:56 PM
Even better, you'll be getting the chance to see the Packers lose! ;)

That's better....

tkieffer
Feb 01 2011, 02:30 PM
Now now, putting words in other people's mouths is bad karma. I'd hate to see that come to a head this Sunday! ;)

tkieffer
Feb 07 2011, 12:25 AM
Hate to say told you so, but....... ;)

WAY TO GO PACK!!!!

keithjohnson
Feb 07 2011, 02:50 AM
I'm glad the Packers won and it should have been in the 50's if the receivers would have held on to the 2 other potential TD passes as well as 3 first down passes that were dropped.

I do feel bad for the TX Steeler fan who crowed on here about getting to see his team "win" in his home state, as it does suck to be a fan of the losing Superbowl team when you are there in person as I was twice.

I am also glad that for 7 more months (longer with a lockout) - we won't have to hear Steeler fans talking about Ben or Troy - who both were the main reasons that the Steelers lost -even with the refs on their side. Bogus facemask for a good tackle -personal foul for headslapping the guy who is shoving you into the pile of players trying to essentially cheat, but nothing for the guy who shoves him in the back with 4(FOUR) refs within 15 feet of him.

I personally didn't care which NFC team was in as long as when the AFC team which was the only team to get beat by a punter in a AFC championship game got in, they didn't win. :)

SCOTT
Feb 07 2011, 05:13 PM
It was a good game. Three turnovers resulted in too many points for the opposition. Take away the turnovers, you have a diffferent game. Thats football though. The stat sheet is interesting. The only stat that matters is the Final score though.

Congratulations Pack! See you next year if there is still an NFL!

warlocks00
Feb 08 2011, 10:21 AM
Congrats tkieffer for your Packers being Superbowl Champs. They were the best team this past Sunday for sure. Can't win with 3 TOs.....

Keith...don't think this will stop Black & Gold bleeding fans from talking about the best team of all time. We're just not the best team this year that for sure goes to the Pack! But yes....it does hurt VERY BAD losing the superbowl, even more so being there to see it happen. I can't seem to get away from it!

Jeff_LaG
Feb 08 2011, 12:20 PM
even with the refs on their side.

I am quite sure that Steelers players, coaches, and fans EVERYWHERE are taking the loss in stride...the Steelers committed terrible turnovers and the Packers took advantage of them. They were definitely the better team and I congratulate all Packers fans on their championship.

However, I am getting SO sick and tired of all "the refs are on their side" crap which has been beaten like a drum incessantly since the 2005 Superbowl versus Seattle. The Steelers were one of the most heavily penalized teams in the NFL during the regular season, the playoffs, AND the Superbowl this year. The fix isn't in, there is no conspiracy, and if you believe otherwise then maybe you should go join Pizza God with a tin foil hat on your head.

tkieffer
Feb 08 2011, 12:31 PM
I thought the zebras did a good job. Yes, they missed the call on the face mask. But the head slap was just stupid (why are you there, kid? Get away from the ball!), and there was a phantom hold called on the Steelers tackle against Matthews on one play.

At least it wasn't a 'Ed Hochuli' game where the refs end up being part of the story line.

keithjohnson
Feb 11 2011, 01:38 AM
I am quite sure that Steelers players, coaches, and fans EVERYWHERE are taking the loss in stride...the Steelers committed terrible turnovers and the Packers took advantage of them. They were definitely the better team and I congratulate all Packers fans on their championship.

However, I am getting SO sick and tired of all "the refs are on their side" crap which has been beaten like a drum incessantly since the 2005 Superbowl versus Seattle. The Steelers were one of the most heavily penalized teams in the NFL during the regular season, the playoffs, AND the Superbowl this year. The fix isn't in, there is no conspiracy, and if you believe otherwise then maybe you should go join Pizza God with a tin foil hat on your head.

You're just still upset about getting beat by a punter - so railing about the conspiracy is easier than facing the truth. :)

warlocks00
Feb 11 2011, 09:43 AM
You're just still upset about getting beat by a punter - so railing about the conspiracy is easier than facing the truth. :)

That's the 2nd time you mentioned getting beat by a punter?

gotcha
Feb 11 2011, 07:25 PM
All I gotta say is.....Packer fans woke up Monday morning with no finger nails! Edge-of-your-seat excitement for Cheese-heads! After 3 turn-overs and Pittsburgh to come back and make it a 3-point game....good stuff.

I noticed yesterday, here in the 'burgh, it finally seemed like people had gotten over the loss. There were three full days of nothing but sad faces throughout the Steel City. :D

tkieffer
Feb 11 2011, 07:53 PM
Who slept?

keithjohnson
Feb 12 2011, 01:42 AM
That's the 2nd time you mentioned getting beat by a punter?

Maybe you are too young to remember Larry Seiple running with Pittsburgh Steelers blocking for him :) to help Miami win the Championship game long ago, but any TRUE Pittsburgh fan has never forgotten it - just like no TRUE Dolphin fan will forget John Riggins on 4th and 1 when the Dolphins had that Super Bowl game won :(

warlocks00
Feb 15 2011, 11:09 AM
100% true Black and Gold bleeding Steeler fan, but 1972 is just a little before my time. I didn't come around till 1976.

keithjohnson
Feb 16 2011, 01:52 AM
It's still on video for one day when you want to beat yourself up a little for being a Steeler fan. :)

warlocks00
Sep 13 2011, 03:27 PM
Congrats on your win MD21954...gave us quite the pounding Sunday! Let's hope the other "2" matchups this year are better!(though I'm sure you'd like to see another one just like Sunday)

Hope this wakes the Steelers up....cause we looked HORRIBLE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!

Jeff_LaG
Sep 13 2011, 04:39 PM
Look who is the referee for this weekend's Steelers vs. Seachickens game (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2016185620_billleavytorefereeseahawksatsteelerssun day.html)! :eek:

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/13c86abf9c543722267620fa366bbfb7.jpg

And I will be in the hizzy to watch the carnage. After last weekend's flop at Baltimore, this is going to be one angry Steelers team looking for some blood. :cool:

pterodactyl
Sep 13 2011, 05:00 PM
Bill Leavy?

warlocks00
Sep 14 2011, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=Jeff_LaG;1461746. After last weekend's flop at Baltimore, this is going to be one angry Steelers team looking for some blood. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I sure hope they are Jeff....that was horrible to watch last week. Looked like our D just mailed it in!

Jeff_LaG
Sep 27 2011, 06:44 PM
Jason, are you going to the game in Houston this week? :confused:

warlocks00
Sep 28 2011, 09:51 AM
You know I am! Even though Houston is about 8hrs away from me...I wouldn't miss it! Even missing Houcks new team event(I LOVE team events) at Selah this weekend to see the Black and Gold! Last time the Steelers played in Houston we had about a 1/3 of the stadium in Steeler colors!

You don't happen to be in Texas this week do you?

Let's just hope this game turns out better than my last 2 in person games!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!

keithjohnson
Oct 07 2011, 08:17 PM
You had to curse them by going again didn't you? :)

Jeff is gonna disable your account if you go to anymore games in person. :)

Jeff_LaG
Oct 08 2011, 12:29 AM
Haha!

I'd like to blame it on the Jason jinx, but the truth of the matter is that because of the weakness of both the offensive and defensive lines, this is not the same team that went to the Superbowl last year. They can't run, they can't protect the QB, and they are getting gashed versus the run which is very uncharacteristic of the defense. I'm gonna cheer my lungs out as per usual, but I would be shocked if this team finishes even 8-8 this year.

gotcha
Oct 08 2011, 08:32 AM
Jeff....you coming back for another game in the 'burgh this season?

warlocks00
Oct 10 2011, 11:29 AM
You had to curse them by going again didn't you? :)

Jeff is gonna disable your account if you go to anymore games in person. :)

I am starting to wonder!
My first 7 live Steelers games all Ws, now the last 3 have been Ls!
Plus it sure hurts worse spending all that money for Ls, no telling how much I have spent in the last year to see these loses!

We took it to the Titans yesterday though! Think Big Ben only got sacked once all day? Who's line where we using yesterday?

keithjohnson
Oct 11 2011, 12:15 PM
I used to feel your pain as I had Dolphin season tickets from the time I was 10 years old in 1970 until my daughter was 2 in 1999 and I stopped because I was tired of guys throwing or spilling beers on my daughter (the Dolphins were not very good always at that time) and 29 years was enough as my 10 year lease on Club seats was expiring and they were wanting twice as much per game for a crappier product.

After I turned 18 - I flew to 2-4 road games every year as well as all the home games and had a 16 wins and no losses at the road games I went to until the 82 Super Bowl when they lost to the Redskins and I was right in front of Riggins when he scored on that 4th and 1 that gave them the win.

After that it was like 50%-50% wins and losses going to road games, but the worst were the playoffs in San Diego when the Dolphins had the big lead and lost and the Super Bowl in 85 when they had the lead and then lost that game - as there is nothing worst than spending hundreds to thousands of dollars to watch your team lose in person.

Now I don't really care about any team, I just watch now and then as a fan - and give Jeff a hard time every now and again when the Steelers look bad. :)

pterodactyl
Oct 13 2011, 12:11 PM
I had to re-read your post, Keith. I thought you said hundreds "of" thousands of dollars.

warlocks00
Oct 31 2011, 10:24 AM
WHOHOOO...STEELERS BEAT THE PATS!!!

Should have waited a year and came to this game instead of last year's Steelers vs. Pats game!

What makes today even better...the cowboys got spanked as well. Only thing that could have made it better would of been if the Ravens lost again this week.

Raven's week is here for the Steelers, sure hope it turns out better than week 1!

pterodactyl
Dec 02 2011, 03:32 PM
Marshawn Lynch is a BEAST!!

Jeff_LaG
Dec 02 2011, 11:02 PM
More like Eagles linebackers won't (or don't know how to) tackle...

pterodactyl
Dec 05 2011, 12:42 PM
You tackle the Beastquake! More like NFL players as a whole don't want to tackle Mr. Lynch.

warlocks00
Jan 02 2012, 02:14 PM
Man I want to go to Denver so bad this weekend....Steelers football and snowboarding all in one trip, with maybe a little DG thrown in...how awsome would that be!! And tickets are that expensive!!! Only problem is I've got a 3 week old boy and can't talk Mom into leaving him for the weekend!

keithjohnson
Jan 02 2012, 08:31 PM
With your in person record at Steelers games - the person most excited you have a new child and can't go is Jeff LaGrassa! :)

Congrats on the new one and Happy New Year!

Jeff_LaG
Jan 02 2012, 09:40 PM
^ What he said. :D

Congrats Jason on the little bundle of joy. :cool:

warlocks00
Jan 03 2012, 11:08 AM
My record in person at Steelers games is 7-3.....it's just been the last 3 that haven't turned out so good, and I'm gonna blame that on 2011(even though 1 was in 2010)! That's gotta turn around at some point! Guess we'll have to wait and find out next year when the Black and Gold come to Big D to whoop up on those cowgirls!

Thanks for the congrats guys...his PDGA number is 51058. He maybe the youngest member of the PDGA at this point?

keithjohnson
Jan 08 2012, 09:18 PM
My record in person at Steelers games is 7-3.....it's just been the last 3 that haven't turned out so good, and I'm gonna blame that on 2011(even though 1 was in 2010)! That's gotta turn around at some point! Guess we'll have to wait and find out next year when the Black and Gold come to Big D to whoop up on those cowgirls!

Thanks for the congrats guys...his PDGA number is 51058. He maybe the youngest member of the PDGA at this point?

You better go hug your wife and thank her for keeping you from making it 4 straight losses. :)

Congrats again on your child and you'll find that that young life will be worth waaaayyy more to be with and around than being at any football game no matter how big a fan you are.

I speak for almost 15 years of my daughters life experience with football that started out with going to all the games with her when she was younger and then buying season tickets for her for a few years and then realizing it was much better to just be with her watching the game for free than to spend thousands of dollars a year to be aggravated when things didn't go right.

Keith

pterodactyl
Jan 09 2012, 06:01 PM
That was a fun game to watch, unless...

Sorry Stiller fans(sniff sniff).

warlocks00
Jan 09 2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks Keith! I completely get what you are saying. I've got a 4 year old little girl that we took to her first Steeler game to last year(the whooping we took from the Pats) and I think she really could of cared less about being there...she much more enjoyed "exploring" the hotel we stayed at with Dad. Now the Pens game we went to...she loved, but mostly because IceBerg(the Pens mascot) came over after the game was over most had cleared out and gave her a hug.

The big thing is...if we would have gone to the game last night I'd of probably had a much better day today cause I'd of been on a mountain somewhere snowboarding...rather than catching a bunch of crap from all my cowboy fan "friends".

keithjohnson
Jan 09 2012, 10:11 PM
Not really - today was probably like a band-aid - it was over quick.
If they had a week to build up to give you crap, it would have been worse.

Plus you might have thrown yourself off the edge of the mountain snowbaording when your tears froze up and blocked your vision. :)

Besides - there is only like 12 square miles in the entire mountain area that has more than 2 feet of base right now.

Better off waiting to go until there's lots more snow, and by then you'll have forgotten the loss - unlike Jeff, who probably won't post here for 2-3 months. :) :)

Jeff_LaG
Jan 10 2012, 07:23 PM
You should speak only for yourself there, Keithy boy. :D

It's a tough loss fo' sho', but I understood the game plan. You had the worst passing "attack" in football going up the #1 passing defense in the league. They crowded the line of scrimmage and dared Tebow to beat them with his arm, something The Chosen One hadn't had very much success with in the last few weeks. In fact, he couldn't hit the side of a barn the last 3 games. The Steelers regular starter at free safety, Ryan Clark, sat because of his sickle cell anemia which can flare up at high altitude and it would be easy to blame the defensive breakdowns on that, but you gotta give credit where it's due though - the Broncos sure made some nice big plays when it mattered.

I wonder who the Steelers would have even fielded against the Pats had they prevailed - along with all the other injuries, the nose tackle and the left tackle injured their ACLs in the Denver game. The Steelers might have had open tryouts this week to pick up players off the street! :rolleyes:

In the end, I look at the fact that with Big Ben playing injured for almost half the year and another revolving door on offensive line, the Steelers had a 12-4 regular season...how many teams were better than that?!?

keithjohnson
Jan 10 2012, 10:19 PM
You know I love to poke fun at you Jeff. :)

I also figured that the post would get you to come online and get the pain over with quick, so you can focus on Disc Golf scoring - and more importantly to start figuring out a way to move me up 14 spots on the Vibram waitlist. :)

I signed up and paid in 42 seconds and still was 15th....I want to see the computer records, as there is alot of northeasterners ahead of me somehow (shocked emoticon) :)

Being 15th on the waitlist this year with all the changes Steve made which makes it unlikely that I'll get a chance to get in is much more painful than any football loss could ever be.

wsfaplau
Jan 12 2012, 12:18 AM
Tebow