Pages : [1] 2 3

gotcha
Feb 15 2008, 09:59 AM
Rather than create a new thread for every event or weekend outing, I decided I'd create one thread that could handle all the miscellaneous stuff.

On that note, is anyone interested in playing the 4th Annual Fairmont Ice Bowl tomorrow? I'll be leaving the Cranberry area at 7:00 am if someone wants to catch a ride in the Jerryiat. :D

You can find info about Fairmont Ice Bowl by clicking here. (http://www.wvdiscgolf.org/)

kUrTp
Feb 15 2008, 10:04 AM
Alanna and I were thinking of making the drive. We won't need a ride but we might see you there.

gotcha
Feb 15 2008, 10:06 AM
The weather forecast is much improved over two days ago....

jmc2442
Feb 15 2008, 11:38 AM
Jerry, you have a PM, and this thread is a good idea.

gotcha
Feb 17 2008, 11:38 AM
It was a lot of fun playing the Fairmont Ice Bowl yesterday. The bonus was NO SNOW on the ground and sunshine all day long! Good times....well, except for Lori who realized after arriving home in Pittsburgh that she had left her golf bag in West Virginia.

sandalbagger
Feb 17 2008, 12:19 PM
Good thing Jason Stallnaker found the bag. Just means I have another reason to head back to Fairmont. Great day out there, so much fun.

kUrTp
Feb 17 2008, 02:26 PM
It must have been the chili.

sandalbagger
Feb 17 2008, 08:45 PM
that was good chili. maybe too many looks at hole one on Agent Orange!!

jmc2442
Feb 18 2008, 09:18 AM
that was good chili. maybe too many looks at hole one on Agent Orange!!

after all those looks , when it counted I did pull the only par 3 on my card!

We couldnt have asked for nicer weather, people, or food hookup. I wonder how the " man down " dude went through the rest of his day? :D

thanks for reppin 724, As it was so noted, WV had a "totallyawesomefuntasticspectaculous" great day.

gotcha
Feb 18 2008, 02:37 PM
Deer Lakes Monthly is this Saturday, February 23 at 10:00 am.

Following the round, we will be having a PFDS club meeting at the Deer Lakes Bowling alley, 2:00 - 4:00 pm. Come join us for important discussions on upcoming tournaments, club officer position, park renovations and other agenda items.
Click here (http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=797105&an=0&page=0#Post7 97105) for details and directions to Deer Lakes Bowl.

kUrTp
Feb 18 2008, 04:45 PM
So how about Alanna throwing a 52 at Fairmont on Saturday. I like to brag for her and considering she kicked my arse I'll have to hear about it for months. At least i wasn't the only one this time..."Stella"

jmc2442
Feb 18 2008, 05:08 PM
she always beats me, I'm used to it. And you didnt beat me either, we tied.

POOLEYOSIS, you either gots it or ya dont! :o:D:cool:

kUrTp
Feb 18 2008, 05:14 PM
POOLEYOSIS, you either gots it or ya dont! :o:D:cool:

Awesome :DIt's so very true.

sandalbagger
Feb 18 2008, 07:54 PM
I'm glad that she didn't beat me the 2nd round!!! And a side note, Lori beat Alanna by 1 on the Agent Orange 9 holes. These girls are good!!

kUrTp
Feb 18 2008, 08:02 PM
It's amazing to she how much approved Lori got since the time we played Moraine about 3 months ago. She is going to have a great forehand...just like the teacher. :D

sandalbagger
Feb 19 2008, 12:17 AM
Soon she will be throwing farther than me!! The other day on 15 at Moraine, she put her drive all the way down the hill to the 300 foot sign, just left of that dogwood tree. It was sick, she outdrove all 5 of us in the group. And as for her sidearm, she is getting good at it, all I showed her was the grip. She practices everyday, heck she plays more than me these days. It's great after a round of golf when the girlfriend is like "hey, wanna play another round"? I love it.

Oh yeah, she did use to be one of the best discuss and shot put thrower in the state, so maybe that helps. Actually she's pretty **** good at everything she does.

See you all SUNDAY!!!! "[email protected]$k it, lets go bowling Dude"

kUrTp
Feb 19 2008, 09:47 AM
See you all SUNDAY!!!! "[email protected]$k it, lets go bowling Dude"

You mean Saturday...

jmc2442
Feb 19 2008, 10:56 AM
and in case you didn't know, the lanes are pretty rockin'... the food is reasonable, liquor is WAY cheap, and it's bowling, [censored]...

only drawback is the beer selection is not so hot. I try to tell 'em, they don't listen :confused:

sandalbagger
Feb 19 2008, 01:00 PM
I sure as hell don't roll on Shabbas.

see you Saturday

gotcha
Feb 19 2008, 01:19 PM
How about Fanta?

sandalbagger
Feb 19 2008, 04:09 PM
http://image.guim.co.uk/Guardian/arts/gallery/2007/jul/22/comedy.films/big_lebowski_kobal-3262.jpg/

jmc2442
Feb 19 2008, 04:25 PM
http://image.guim.co.uk/Guardian/arts/gallery/2007/jul/22/comedy.films/big_lebowski_kobal-3262.jpg

thought I'd help you out Dietz.....

jmc2442
Feb 19 2008, 04:28 PM
this one was actually filmed on McKnight Road at what is now the Bed, Bath n Beyond and was formally McKnight Lanes...

http://entimg.msn.com/i/BillMurray/Kingpin_300x298.jpg

JedidiahBibby
Feb 19 2008, 06:16 PM
Dude,

That looks like Chuck before he hurt his back!!!

sandalbagger
Feb 19 2008, 07:12 PM
part of KingPin was filmed minutes away from Moraine as well!!!

Oh yeah TOM BRADY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

gotcha
Feb 19 2008, 08:56 PM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/PatriotsFAIL.jpg (http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/?action=view&current=PatriotsFAIL.jpg)

kUrTp
Feb 19 2008, 11:53 PM
PRICELESS!!!

sandalbagger
Feb 20 2008, 12:16 AM
Nice to have you back on the board Libby.

JedidiahBibby
Feb 20 2008, 10:11 AM
Dude,

Who put Big Ben in a Patriots Jersey?

Jeff_LaG
Feb 20 2008, 10:28 AM
Actually, Brady's t-shirt went to Central America (Nicaragua) this year (http://in.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idINN1416353120080215). :D

kUrTp
Feb 20 2008, 10:33 AM
Dude,

Nice try Libby, But it doesn't matter what you say about Big Ben. He didn't lose the super bowl when it mattered the most.

JedidiahBibby
Feb 20 2008, 03:20 PM
Yes my son you are correct. But I think that is mostly because Big Ben blew it for the Steelers against the Jags.

It sucks to know that you lost to a team whose nickname even rhymes with what the Steelers are.

Dude,

Nice try Libby, But it doesn't matter what you say about Big Ben. He didn't lose the super bowl when it mattered the most.

jmc2442
Feb 20 2008, 04:15 PM
first of all, it wasnt Big Ben blowing anything, you clearly missed that game.

Seconly, you went 18-0, then LOST in teh SUPER BOWL.... THAT DENOTES SISSYNESS IN ITS FINEST.. SORRY LIBBY, WE'LL GET YOU THERE, THEN YOUR BALLS WILL TURN BLUE! :o

I cant wait til you cheaters lose all your old age "vets" and have no one on your team and end up in the NFL Basement.

JedidiahBibby
Feb 21 2008, 10:08 AM
Spelling 101 please!!!!

Reminder, sentences start with Capital letters. "Secondly" contains a "D" which obviously Pittsburgh doesn't play in Play-off Games. "teh" I am assuming you mean "The" as in "The Steelers blow goats". I was a little confused about the whole "Blue Bal$#" comment but I guess I shouldn't be (I'll revert back to my last posting about Pittsburgh). Its funny that those "Old Vets" put a whoopin on the young ambiguously [censored] football team in Pittsburgh.

Peace out

first of all, it wasnt Big Ben blowing anything, you clearly missed that game.

Seconly, you went 18-0, then LOST in teh SUPER BOWL.... THAT DENOTES SISSYNESS IN ITS FINEST.. SORRY LIBBY, WE'LL GET YOU THERE, THEN YOUR BALLS WILL TURN BLUE! :o

I cant wait til you cheaters lose all your old age "vets" and have no one on your team and end up in the NFL Basement.

gotcha
Feb 21 2008, 10:12 AM
"Secondly" contains a "D" which obviously Pittsburgh doesn't play in Play-off Games.

Now, that's funny....good one Jed... :D

kUrTp
Feb 21 2008, 10:37 AM
I thought this tread was going to be about Disc Golf around the Burgh?
Let me get us back on track!!
Josh - you should bring Chili to Deer Lakes on Saturday.

jmc2442
Feb 21 2008, 11:39 AM
Kurt "Swimming" Poole, no chili this month cuz we're hitting the Lanes after the monthly. There is plenty of good soup and sandwiches to be devoured there, had some twice baked potato soup last night in fact.

I think the next Stella special will be a spring "start the season" cookout type deal. Maybe first points series event at the DLDGC?!?!

and Lib, I'll never stop hating the Patidiots, no matter how hard you break my stones. :mad:

gotcha
Feb 22 2008, 12:35 AM
Deer Lakes Monthly is this Saturday, February 23 at 10:00 am.

Following the round, we will be having a PFDS club meeting at the Deer Lakes Bowling alley, 2:00 - 4:00 pm. Come join us for important discussions on upcoming tournaments, club officer position, park renovations and other agenda items.
Click here (http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=797105&an=0&page=0#Post7 97105) for details and directions to Deer Lakes Bowl.

I thought I'd post this again rather than jab jibby some mo.... :D

If any of you yinzers are gonna pull a gotcher and skip the morning round of dg, we encourage you to at least show up for the PFDS club meeting at Deer Lakes Bowl. There will be lots of good stuff to discuss....along with some frosty beverages and kingpin munchies....maybe even some alley games afterward?

hitman
Feb 26 2008, 04:55 PM
Anyone planning on going up to canton and playing in the c-tier tourney they are having in early march?

gotcha
Feb 26 2008, 06:07 PM
I'm kicking around the idea, however, weather will probably be the deciding factor for me.

This is all the information I could find regarding this one day tournament:

End of Winter Challenge, PDGA C-Tier, March 9th (http://www.dynamicdiscgolf.com/march-9th-pdga-ctier-registration-end-of-winter-challeng.html) .

hitman
Feb 26 2008, 06:28 PM
Jerry
I am going up for sure, though I have never played the course before, that site you mentioned and ohio disc golf project through a search engine are all that I've seen. I guess if people were thinking about going...I could lend a ride to a couple people. A few words of warning for the weather: Don't mess with Texas :)

kUrTp
Feb 26 2008, 06:30 PM
Yes, the weather will determine whether we go.

gotcha
Feb 27 2008, 09:13 AM
I am going up for sure, though I have never played the course before

Since you are the biggest arm in the 'burgh, you will have an advantage on this course. Not too much trouble to get into as much of the course is flat and open. In fact, many of the holes actually remind me of Texas style golf. :D

jef
Feb 27 2008, 07:58 PM
I'm planning on playing the Canton tourney if the weather is good.
I have room for one passenger and I'll be leaving from Cranberry at 6:45 sharp if anyone is interested, or I could hitch a ride with someone and share expenses.
Plan for a longggg day! Two rounds of 24, one from the long tees. 724-553-2787

jmc2442
Feb 29 2008, 11:43 AM
who's planning on braving the weather tomorrow @ Knob?!?

kUrTp
Feb 29 2008, 04:44 PM
Not me!!! /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

alexfore
Mar 01 2008, 07:50 AM
Me neither. The movers are showing up in a few hours and I still got mucho stuff to do!!!

jef
Mar 02 2008, 06:51 PM
So far so good for the first '08 regional PDGA tourney Sun. the 9th at Canton. The Weather Channel sez: partly cloudy, hi 37, lo 31, chance of precip. 0%.

gotcha
Mar 03 2008, 10:15 AM
Hmmmm....

Not looking warm enough for me.....I'll play the Moraine Monthly on March 8 and then I'm heading south to hang with Mooky. :)

hitman
Mar 04 2008, 02:14 PM
Jerry
Dr. Fore, KB and myself ran into Brad Shick? at Knob the other day...I told him I was trying to get people to go up but people were using weather as a crutch he said there was no snow on the ground up around his parts. Oh he said about how he hates seeing grown men cry like little girls

gotcha
Mar 06 2008, 09:55 AM
Moraine Monthly
Saturday, March 8
10:00 am Start
$10 Entry (eagle pot is an additional $1)

For those of you who may not be aware, Jeremiah Libby is moving to Germany at the end of this month. The Moraine Monthly will be his last tournament stateside, so if you wanna say good-bye (or rub salt in the wound for the Patriots pathetic Superbowl loss), this Saturday at Moraine will be your last opportunity. :D

kUrTp
Mar 06 2008, 10:07 AM
What about the additional $1 for non-pfds members? Or are we not starting that until April?

gotcha
Mar 06 2008, 10:17 AM
What about the additional $1 for non-pfds members? Or are we not starting that until April?

Beginning in April, $1 will be collected from non-PFDS members at our three monthly tournaments....Deer Lakes, Knob Hill and Moraine. The annual PFDS membership is $10 and a Lifetime membership is $80.

gotcha
Mar 07 2008, 11:30 AM
Weather forecasts are calling for 2"- 4" of snow tomorrow.

A Miami Monthly sounds great right about now...

kUrTp
Mar 07 2008, 03:38 PM
So does that mean your NOT coming???

jmc2442
Mar 07 2008, 03:48 PM
<<< pulling a Goocher...

... I played 36 at the DLDGC yesterday in beautiful weather and it still sucked. The course is a muddy mess right now and every step was like lifting a ten pound weight because of said mud. I figure with all the rain we've had (including today right now) and the potential for snow tonight its easier to be a sissy than a Moraine soldier.

gotcha
Mar 07 2008, 03:57 PM
I'll be there....after all, I am running the tournament! :cool:

Mud will not be an issue at Moraine....that stuff will be frozen solid tomorrow for sure! Besides, with the exception of that spot on hole 2, Moraine doesn't have slop problems like Deer Lakes...or Knob Hill, for that matter...

kUrTp
Mar 07 2008, 04:26 PM
I guess you do run the monthly at Moraine. I don't think Moraine will be muddy at all. It has never been a problem in the past. so, JoshC don't be a wimp and come play.

jmc2442
Mar 07 2008, 04:53 PM
This kid ain't scared!!!... my real reasoning is hockey... I potentially have a game at 3 o'clock if there isnt 5 inches of snow by then. That and im dead from my 36 hole mudtrek yesterday... and maybe I just want to be a sissy and sleep in til 10!?!??! :eek:
Anyway, when it goes down, it'll be without Stella.

Good luck though Kurt. If you win and shake the Pooleyosis you get the first custom Team Yinzer dyed disc. I'll make it a Surge since I know thats your go to.

kUrTp
Mar 07 2008, 05:36 PM
Stella just to let you know we are only getting 2 inches tomorrow. I know this because the weather man at the radio station told me so.

jmc2442
Mar 07 2008, 05:56 PM
well thats pretty odd, cuz they are sending our columbus office home right now because they are getting blasted. and apparently its moving right across towards us.

that and I have Hockey if there is only two inches.

Jeff_LaG
Mar 07 2008, 06:32 PM
Moraine doesn't have slop problems like Deer Lakes...or Knob Hill, for that matter...

You can say that again. I've been at Moraine at all different times of the year and it's never that bad. I was at Deer Lakes around this time Last March and it was pretty sloppy, but nowhere near as bad as Knob. I was at Knob once a few years ago and it was so bad I swore I would never come back until the local area was in drought conditions. :D

gotcha
Mar 07 2008, 09:29 PM
Okay, folks.....Due to inclement weather I made the executive decision to cancel the monthly at Moraine tomorrow (Saturday). Instead, we will be hosting the tournament on Sunday morning at 11:00 am (don't forget the time change).

kUrTp
Mar 08 2008, 11:42 AM
Well Stella at least you'll be able to make it now. But now I won't.

jmc2442
Mar 10 2008, 10:51 AM
I had hockey. did anyone play?

hitman
Mar 10 2008, 04:42 PM
Hey Stella no info board for the canton crew, so the PFDSIO is the forum for rippin.

gotcha
Mar 10 2008, 04:44 PM
Josh.....did you go to Canton?

kUrTp
Mar 10 2008, 06:00 PM
Good luck though Kurt. If you win and shake the Pooleyosis you get the first custom Team Yinzer dyed disc. I'll make it a Surge since I know thats your go to.

So, since I couldn't make it to Moraine on Sunday I never had a chance to win that custom Surge. BUT, I'm getting married in 10 days...hint hint. :D

jmc2442
Mar 11 2008, 10:36 AM
^^^ OH SNAP!!! :D:cool::D:D:o:D:D:cool::D

kUrTp
Mar 11 2008, 11:34 AM
Just a little story I want to share...

Last week I ordered a FLX Avenger from Marshall Street. They sent me a FLX Avenger SS, which is completely different. I let them know about this and instead of them sending me the right disc and having me return the wrong one, they told me to keep the wrong one and they would send me the right one. So, what i'm trying to say is MARSHALL STREET DISC GOLF ROCKS!!!

Even though they're from the Boston area and are probably Patidoits fans. :D

jmc2442
Mar 11 2008, 01:58 PM
This is no surprise. Marshall Street is my favorite and always will be. Fast Shipping, cheap discs.

beyond the website and its glory, I've spoken with Jason S. on the phone a few times as well as Steve once. Everytime it's like they WANT to talk to you. Jason even went rummaging through a pile of Star Whippet's to see if he could find me a lighter weight than listed on the website. He found one and shipped it right then, without my paypal even being entered, let alone clearing, just cuz "I've been a customer"! How sweet is that? Had my bee the next day.

that, and the descriptions of discs are hysterical. : )

jef
Mar 12 2008, 07:06 PM
Hey Kurt
If you don't want that Avenger SS, would you want to trade it for a never thrown 173g tie-dye DGA Rogue?

kUrTp
Mar 13 2008, 09:50 AM
I'm going to pass on that Jeff. I do throw the Avenger SS for rollers and super turnover shots. And now my collection of FLX plastic will be complete. I'll have every mold they make in FLX.

Thanks for the offer though.

hitman
Mar 14 2008, 01:55 PM
No monthlies this weekend, anyone feel like playing on Sunday-throw out some courses and times and the collective can decide? I will be getting FACED downtown if anyone feels like celebrating this fine Saturday evening.

jmc2442
Mar 15 2008, 11:12 AM
Josh (or anyone else for that matter), I'm carless right now so someone MAY have to scoop me on the way there, but, if you want to throw the DLDGC tomorrow give me a ring tonight or tomorrow anytime and I'd be more than in (412.418.7803). I have the itch to get out and throw some plastic.

gotcha
Mar 18 2008, 10:17 AM
Deer Lakes Monthly
Saturday, March 22
Entry fee: $10 (all divisions)

jmc2442
Mar 18 2008, 10:30 AM
as posted in the Deer Lakes Monthly thread:

we'll see in the coming week if #2 will go to C... however, #11 WILL be in the never before played C pin for the monthly. Good luck yinz. MUUUUUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAA...

As it stands right now the DLDGC is playing as follows, to change potentially for the monthly:
1 - c
2 - b --> maybe c
3 - b --> most likely going to A
4 - b
5 - c
6 - b
7 - b
8 - c
9 - b
10 - a
11 - c
12 - c
13 - b
14 - c
15 - a
16 - a
17 - b
18 - c

Thank you, have a great day!

Stella

gotcha
Mar 18 2008, 12:19 PM
Unless y'all have done some clearing on that green, I would think C--pin on hole 2 ain't ready yet....(imo)

jmc2442
Mar 18 2008, 01:57 PM
well Jerry, funny you mention work....

Josh "Hitman" Arnette busted tail yesterday on #2, BY HIMSELF, after he and I put some quality time in on Sunday to clear #11 C-pin. Josh did some touchup on #11 yesterday , which is now more than ready to play, then moved right to work on #2. Josh says #2 is ready to play now... I dont doubt that. I'll do cleanup at some point this week if necessary, then you righties have nothing to cry about, and we all have 2 new positions to throw to! :cool:

Maybe this'll motivate some of yinz to do #15 and #14 B's sooner rather than later!!! :o

btw, Josh, thanks again (this time publicly) for being so motivated Sunday. It was relatively easy and completely rewarding to get out and give everyone a new pin to play to on #11. A very hard one as well. WOW is this green fast. Can't wait to see how quick #2 is!!!??!!!

Stella.

hitman
Mar 18 2008, 03:40 PM
2-C could be a little better sure, got some raking done after my homemade reaper hit a stump I couldn't see. :mad:
Leaves are gone with what I thought was a reasonable green, someone will have to let it be known if it needs to be bigger-imo the hyzer route to it, after the drop should not be much more forgiving. In fact the fallen tree hanging in the vines there along with the vines and smaller tree could be taken out to punish long hyzers-having a very long semi-wooded uphill putt. The green has small spotty weeds, a vine to be taken out and a woody bush-but it is playable :eek:. Eleven is kinda raked and the excess by bridge in creek? Stella let it be known what has to happen at 14 and 15 so it can get done. :cool:

jmc2442
Mar 18 2008, 05:05 PM
It's more intensive clearing (especially on 14) and decisions would have to be made on trees and shrubs to go in both situations... nothing MAJOR, just something that needs a nice day and more than a few hands doing the work.

I'll get some tools gathered up thursday or friday and try to get to #2 and see if it cant be 100%. I dont want to move baskets until it's clear and fair.

hitman
Mar 19 2008, 02:21 AM
Yeah
So decide this weekend. I found out today I do not work the easter holiday that is crazy...check it-3 payed days off. Thinking about hitting the bricks on 2...without my dog this time, she got in the car and smelled like some real real fresh deer crap which was just awesome-really loved that. Plus there was construction on 28 and it took a long time to get home, I just gave her a bath 3 days ago. Nothing like some working on a course followed by smelling deer urine and what not on a nice relaxing drive home. Cool pin placements though, real thorough. :D

jmc2442
Mar 21 2008, 10:39 AM
Saturday, March 22nd

10am Snow Shower
Temp 30�F
Feels Like 21�F
Precip. 50%

supposed to get accumulation overnight as well. Leave the white bees at home!

gotcha
Mar 21 2008, 11:26 AM
Forecast is calling for 1-3" tonight with the possibility of an additional 1" on Saturday morning.

Ah, yes....springtime in Pennsylvania.

Jeff_LaG
Mar 21 2008, 12:46 PM
Forecast is calling for 1-3" tonight with the possibility of an additional 1" on Saturday morning.

Ah, yes....springtime in Pennsylvania.

Awesome! I've played Knob and Moraine in the snow but never Deer Lakes. I only got to play in two Ice Bowls this year so it will be nice to get in a third one. :D

<font color="red">Red </font> tees for singles and <font color="white">White</font> tees for Doubles? :cool:

sandalbagger
Mar 21 2008, 01:32 PM
If you want to play in the rec division Jeff :) We play Blue tees

jmc2442
Mar 21 2008, 01:58 PM
Is JeffLa turning into A.I.

Reds?!? You're talking about Reds?.. Reds?!! Youz a franchise player and we're talking about Reds? c'mon man.
Whites for Intermediates.
Blues for Advanced/Open.
Sissies stay home.
thats how the 724 rolls.

on another note, what a week to utilize #11C... who's gonna card the first Birdie? :)

sandalbagger
Mar 21 2008, 02:14 PM
Ill take that birdie!! Oh wait, I've managed to bogey that hole in 4 of the last 5 monthlies I believe.

What I want to know is Who's going to beat me?? ;) Bring it on!

Jeff_LaG
Mar 21 2008, 05:06 PM
If you want to play the Blue tees in 4 inches of snow and shoot an 80, be my guest.

The rest of us will play tees appropriate for the conditions. :D

sandalbagger
Mar 21 2008, 06:06 PM
If you want to play the Blue tees in 4 inches of snow and shoot an 80, be my guest.

The rest of us will play tees appropriate for the conditions. :D

It's no different than the weather has been for the last 3 months of Monthlies, and I don't believe I have shot worse than a 69 yet out there. Don't be skeered, it will be FUN!!!

jmc2442
Mar 21 2008, 06:15 PM
I'M AMPED.... I DONT CARE IF THERE IS TEN INCHES, IM PLAYIN'!!!

Chris, above everything else we already talked about, would you do me a favor and grab that Ice Bowl Aviar off Lori if you can?!?

hitman
Mar 21 2008, 09:37 PM
We could play Red tees,but only if we condsider trading out our vas deferens for a pair of huge cans. Pfds website would have to change the word competative with cupcake, Pros: would be getting to hang with lezbians, and going to tours and kicking [censored] from the ladies tee. Cons: wiping front to back or else getting a bladder infection, and lots of extra skin.

sandalbagger
Mar 21 2008, 09:57 PM
I got it Josh. Also, the new discs for the Ironwood Open are in. Star Ontario Rocs and Champion Destroyers. Get them at the Monthly tomorrow!!

Jeff_LaG
Mar 22 2008, 01:57 AM
Be careful, Josh. Some of that could be viewed by some message board users as offensive.

sandalbagger
Mar 22 2008, 05:07 PM
Lets step up the play fellas!!!! I'm sick of winning playing a bad round of golf.

Jeff_LaG
Mar 22 2008, 07:13 PM
Lets step up the play fellas!!!! I'm sick of winning playing a bad round of golf.

Wow, way to further endear yourself to your fellow golfers, Chris. How about trying some humility? http://www.bearclaws.org/forum/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif

And considering how ridiculously sloppy the course was today, "bad" was all relative.

sandalbagger
Mar 22 2008, 07:52 PM
Jeff if ya knew me well, you'd know I was jus messing with people. But seriously, we need some 1000 rated players in the area to help push all to the next level. Because I know this much "I'm really not that good"!!!

Keeping my streak alive today though, I believe that is 6 Deer Lakes Monthly wins in a row.

But best yet, I completed the sweep for March. Knob, Moraine and Deer Lakes victories.

And by my unofficial count, I now have 1860 points in the monthly series, with the next competitor at about 150 points ;) Nah, but seriously, man when does this points series start? This is killing me.

Oh yeah...............Love you guys. Seriously, I love playing disc golf in the Burgh so much. We got it going on.

sandalbagger
Mar 22 2008, 07:54 PM
sloppy.....or as us Pittsburghers say Slippy. Well if you just played by the Stand and deliver rule you'd be all good ;) Actually it does really help having a standing sidearm for sure. Helped me birdie 3 today for the first time in that pin location.

And Jerry....thanks for messing up on hole 16 :) and glad I could return the favor on 18 for you. Great day. Another typical round of disc golf in the winter months in Pittsburgh.

1st week of Spring my [email protected]@!

hitman
Mar 22 2008, 09:13 PM
I hear you Jeff
To any Fat Mike fans out there I could care less what you think, everything in moderation (even moderation). To any pre or post op. transsexuals...who might have been offended by my comments my apologies

sandalbagger
Mar 22 2008, 09:15 PM
Hitman, that was the best post in the PFDS section yet!

alexfore
Mar 23 2008, 03:42 AM
winter in da burg. man I was getting tired of the days when it was sunny and 70 out all week, luckily today it was sunny and 80 out. Nice

hitman
Mar 24 2008, 04:38 PM
Dr. Fore
How's the deegeeing around pasadena going for you. Any lunch break rounds? How'd the jet hold up cross-country? Also how many courses did you hit up on the way...the guy at Zaw's says good luck.

jmc2442
Mar 24 2008, 05:28 PM
what's a matter with my humor these days?!?

... They have no face, no place for ears.
There's no mod eyes, to cry mod tears.
No spinal cord, they must get bored.
Might as well just put them out of misery.... :D:D :p ;) :cool::o:D:D

NOFX is my fav and that was TOO funny dood. Wish I woulda seen it earlier.

alexfore
Mar 24 2008, 10:44 PM
the courses here aren't so hot. the locals don't seem to show up at their own monthlies.

totaled the saab in steele missouri, had to get a rental (mazda) and drive the rest of the way. only got to play one in Amarillo TX (TX is one big cattle ranch, as far as I could tell).

alexfore
Mar 24 2008, 10:52 PM
I am at a gas station, driving about 7 mph. Don't see the patch of ice, braking and turning left into the pump. No traction. Hit the metal pole instead of hitting the gas pump. (not wearing my seat belt of course -- since I was just checking my tires 50 feet away in the parking lot). Head hits the roof of the car, can't uncross my eyes for 2 minutes. I get out and the front end is fubared. Of course the estimate to fix is 2 grand above the total cut off.

Of course it was after 3 on a saturday, so no rental places open till monday morning.

Pretty funny huh?

hitman
Mar 25 2008, 01:04 AM
Ohh :mad::p
I would have thought the Saab would have been able to take that...how does a company that used to make jets not take into account a ~10 mph collision?! Since I have only driven through texas and other than that can only reference two no three movies about texas.Texas has steers and (think we all know this one). Texas has the chainsaw massacre, which also invloved cattle and serial killing. And good football, thanks to Billy Bob Thorton. I'm thinking Ken Hall...aka the "Sugarland Express". Good thing Cali. has buses, or are they known to cause cancer in the state of California?

alexfore
Mar 25 2008, 01:18 AM
There wasn't any actual engine damage, the pole missed the radiator. But the bumper, hood, and some structural parts on the right front were in need of replacement. the right fender got pushed back an inch, just enough that it would rub on the right tire and wasn't really drivable.

I got me a new car already! A 2008.5 mazda 3 S hatchback in gt trim (all the good stuff). I'm loving it, it don't have the turbo, but it is much more fun to drive

kUrTp
Mar 26 2008, 11:00 AM
It's offical, Alanna and I are hitched for better or worse. On Thursday of last week we got married at the lodge near #16, there's a little pavilion set back in the woods. I can't wait to check out the pictures we took. Weather was perfect minus the 35 degree temp.

To keep this disc golf related we played Schenley on Friday, first time in two years. And also visited Phipps Conservatory, which by the way is a really cool place.

Sunday morning we traveled to Niagara Falls and played three courses in three days. Orchard Park, Lewiston, and Beaver Island. All three courses were pretty good. I'd say Beaver Island AKA Blue Heron was the nicest. Good layout with awesome tee signs. They had small trash cans attached to each sign, made it feel like a golf course. We had the most fun playing Lewiston. Great layout of 27 holes. Weird tee signs but not to bad getting around. Orchard Park was fun expecially climbing down a 60 foot cliff that sits just off the green to retrieve a disc.

So we will see you all at the next Deer Lakes Monthly.

gotcha
Mar 26 2008, 11:19 AM
Dang, boy! I know there are jealous husbands out there who were "forbidden" to bring golf discs on their honeymoons!

.....and I thought the reason we hadn't read a post from you in several days was because Alanna had put the hammer down on your disc golf addiction! Lucky guy....:D

Congratulations to both of you. I hope you married your best friend (like I did) and that you two share a wonderful life together.... :)

jthompson
Mar 26 2008, 11:34 AM
Kurt &amp; Alanna,

Congrats to you both!!!

kUrTp
Mar 26 2008, 12:07 PM
Dang, boy! I know there are jealous husbands out there who were "forbidden" to bring golf discs on their honeymoons!

Actually, Our real Honeymoon will be in Aug. at Worlds. :D

Jeff_LaG
Mar 26 2008, 12:31 PM
On Thursday of last week we got married at the lodge near #16, there's a little pavilion set back in the woods. I can't wait to check out the pictures we took. Weather was perfect minus the 35 degree temp.

I've always wondered if anyone ever used that pavilion. I've never seen anyone there, but it looks nice.

Sunday morning we traveled to Niagara Falls and played three courses in three days. Orchard Park, Lewiston, and Beaver Island. All three courses were pretty good. I'd say Beaver Island AKA Blue Heron was the nicest. Good layout with awesome tee signs. They had small trash cans attached to each sign, made it feel like a golf course.

The Can-Am Cup was held there in 2000, and I was part of team NY/NJ with Steve Brinster, Matt LaCourte, Scott Wolfe, Dan Doyle, and others. We had a blast at that course even though many holes down by the river were under a few inches of water. During our last round, I was on the teepad of one hole and Brinster aced the previous hole, whose basket was very close to us. After a lot of talk of "crowning," someone else in the group smashed chains dead center but alas, it kicked out. :(

kUrTp
Mar 26 2008, 01:30 PM
We had a blast at that course even though many holes down by the river were under a few inches of water.

I could see that as a problem but on Tuesday the water was frozen solid. I threw one skip shot that flew farther after the skip than before. But all in all it wasn't to bad. Actually Lewiston was worse!!! I think it was hole #8 that the tee was in the middle of a small pond of runoff.

gotcha
Mar 31 2008, 09:29 PM
If you're looking for some disc golf action this first weekend of April, we've got it going on around the 'burgh!

The Deer Lakes Monthly (http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=697449&amp;an=0&amp;page=0#Post6 97449) is on Saturday, April 5. This monthly event is open to all competitors, however, there is now a $1 fee for non-club members or PFDS members who are not current for 2008. It only costs $10 to join the PFDS for an annual membership and we will have membership forms available during the monthly tournaments. The entry fee for the Deer Lakes Monthly is $10.

The IUP College Lodge Course Championship (http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=813521&amp;Main=812855#Post8 13521) is scheduled for Sunday, April 6. This two-round tournament is a fundraiser benefiting the Pennsylvania State Disc Golf Championships on May 3-4 (this premier event is filling fast, so if you want to play, you best get your money in quickly). CTP prizes and trophies to the divisional winners will make this a really fun event (not to mention, the course is pretty nice, too!).

gotcha
Apr 09 2008, 04:34 PM
This Saturday (4/12) is the Lakeview Course Championship at Moraine State Park:

* Trophies awared to the 1st and 2nd place finishers in each division.
* Lots of great CTP prizes and other stuff!

Proceeds raised during this two-round fund raiser tournamnet will benefit the Ironwood Open. Click here (http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=812394&amp;an=0&amp;page=0#Post8 12394) for more information. :cool:

kUrTp
Apr 09 2008, 06:25 PM
Whats the format? Will it be just like the format for the Ironwood?

gotcha
Apr 10 2008, 10:20 AM
Yes. The course is set up in the Ironwood Open layout:

1a, 2c, 3b, 4c, 5a, 6c, 7a, 8a, 9a, 10c, 11b, 12b, 13a, 14a, 15a, 16b, 17b,18c

Open = Gold tees
Advanced = Blue tees
Int &amp; Rec = White tees

It is possible I will have the Open division play gold tees the first round and blue tees the second round (for speed of play).

I played a round of 18 last night and the course is looking sweet! :cool:

jmc2442
Apr 14 2008, 02:13 PM
Just a little story I want to share...

Last week I ordered a FLX Avenger from Marshall Street. They sent me a FLX Avenger SS, which is completely different. I let them know about this and instead of them sending me the right disc and having me return the wrong one, they told me to keep the wrong one and they would send me the right one. So, what i'm trying to say is MARSHALL STREET DISC GOLF ROCKS!!!

So, once again my favorite online dealer comes through in an unexpected way.... I had ordered an ESP Surge and a Pro Starfire as gifts for two friends :cool:as well as a light SRP Inferno for myself. Apparently MarshallStreet had sold the last Inferno under 168 grams an hour or so before I ordered mine, and thus they did not have one for me that I wanted. They called me immediately letting me know this and said more were coming to the shop soon. If I could wait they would get it out to me asap, or I could have anything substituted and sent right then. Well a week or two passed and I got itchy and didnt really need the Inferno anymore. I called and asked them to ship me a T-Bone instead as I've been wanting to try one. They did so immediately, and when my package arrived today there was a X-Out Inferno for free in the pack at the exact weight I asked for initially. I quote from a handwritten message on my order form...

"Josh,

we got some infernos in that are x-out discs, meaning there is some type of flaw (that doesn't effect the flight) I didnt want to offer this cause it's cheaper but I included one for you, no charge, enjoy! - Chris"

Regardless of cost I will be buying all online discs from MarshallStreet from here on out. This is not the first time they have taken care of me beyond whats expected. Maybe EVERYTHING from Mass-a-chew-sits isn't so bad after all!!!

and FYI, if you use the link on the PFDS website when ordering our club gets % kickbacks :cool:... super sweet deal.

jmc2442
Apr 17 2008, 08:38 AM
I'll be at Knob around 5:30-5:45ish tonight for a round to warm up for this weekend's tourney. If anyone wants to come out and meet up call 412.418.7803 so I know to look for you.

Stella.

gotcha
Apr 29 2008, 09:07 AM
DG around the 'burgh?

The College Lodge is the place to be this weekend! The Pennsylvania State Disc Golf Championships! Only a handful of spots left (if that). Don't snooze....you'll looze.

jmc2442
May 05 2008, 10:05 AM
http://marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/contest.html

gotcha
May 05 2008, 10:09 AM
bagger... :D

kUrTp
May 05 2008, 10:09 AM
NICE...What did you win?

jmc2442
May 05 2008, 10:31 AM
A $10 gift certificate towards anything from their store and some humor in my inbox.

those doods at Marshall Street are nice guys.....

gotcha
May 07 2008, 11:20 AM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/DSC02465.jpg (http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/?action=view&current=DSC02465.jpg)
The place to be this weekend is Codorus State Park near Hanover, PA! Jay Gobrecht and a small group of volunteers have built a disc golf mecca which includes not only 54 holes, but a permanently installed miniature basket course! There's no organized golf in the 'burgh this weekend, so click here (http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/codorusdiscgolf/) for details on the Codorus Spring Pro/Am.

skierdave
May 07 2008, 03:59 PM
Does anyone want to carpool?

Dave Kuhrt

kUrTp
May 07 2008, 04:07 PM
Alanna and I are going but it would be out of our way to car pool. But, We'll be there regardless.

jef
May 07 2008, 04:30 PM
I applaud Jay Gobrecht for offering all of the divisions that he has listed for the Codorus Spring Open.
It would be great if more TDs would do the same.

kUrTp
May 07 2008, 04:53 PM
So does that mean your going? Or, are you just trying to make a point?

jef
May 07 2008, 05:16 PM
I want to go, but I can't. I have other commitments this weekend.

jmc2442
May 07 2008, 05:16 PM
O man O man I am so torn :confused:

I have heard nothing but good things about this course (actually courses) and Jay seems like a great guy whom I just met last weekend. I'd love to support his efforts.

It's just that I have to get up early Sunday and move into my new apartment. I still have so much to do to ready myself, but it's this one thing, disc golf, I cant stay away....

Plastictotingdiscflingingitis. I think I'm completely infected with a 0% chance of recovery.

jmc2442
May 08 2008, 09:28 AM
so I decided that Codorus is out of the question as much as I dont want it to be. :( I got nothing done last night in regards to my move and that screwed my chances of rolling cross state. I am however going to move Deer Lakes' baskets Saturday and play at least a round at the DLDGC. If anyone wants to join in the fun let me know.

I'll also probably do some work on #15's B pin. I want to utilize that location soon, mainly cuz I'm just bored.

kUrTp
May 12 2008, 05:02 PM
Ditz, I'll get her money to you from PA States on Saturday at Moraine.

kUrTp
May 12 2008, 05:25 PM
Codorus - If yinz have never made it out there yinz are missing a disc golf mecca. 54 holes...How can you go wrong with that. Some are short and easy, but then some are long and challenging. If you think hole #15 at IUP College Lodge is tight, you should see, I think hole #3 on the Cross Country Course. It's way tighter and even longer than Blue to B pin at the lodge. Jay G. hosted Alanna and I Friday night and he wasn't even there. All in all - Great Course - Great Host - Good Times.

kUrTp
May 12 2008, 06:20 PM
By the way - after this past saturday i've only had 5 rounds above my already low rating out of 9 rated rounds.

Mr. Pooleyosis Consistant Here!!!

And if you haven't check the scores, Lady Swank took 5th in Intermediate Men out of 16. 8 out of 9 rated rounds well above her current rating.

Now if there was only a way where I could let her play as me??? :confused:

jmc2442
May 13 2008, 10:49 AM
Because it has not been getting utilized I threw these word docs together (displayed as text here) and posted them inside the DLDGC Bulletin Board last night:

Upcoming Monthly Mini-Tournaments @ The D.L.D.G.C.

Saturday, May 24th
Saturday, June 14th

10:00 AM Start

$10 Entry Fee - $8 to payout, $2 to course development fund
($1 additional fee for Non-PFDS members)

All Divisions are Offered
1 Round of 18-Holes

$5 Random Draw Doubles following brief lunch break.

COME OUT FOR FRIENDS AND FUN! THERE IS A DIVISION
FOR YOUR SKILL LEVEL AND EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

For more info on leagues and Pittsburgh Disc Golf visit our website:

HTTP://WWW.PFDS.ORG

__________________________________________________ ______

1st A N N U A L
Deer Lakes Course Championship
S a t u r d a y , J u l y 2 6 th , 2 0 0 8

The DLDGC Championship is a fundraising event with all proceeds going towards The Hunt at Deer Lakes, a PDGA Sanctioned B-Tier event
to be held on Saturday, September 27th, 2008

The Course Championship consists of 2 rounds of 18 holes to tourney pins.

The following divisions will be offered:
- Open
- Advanced
- Intermediate
- Recreational
- Women

$20 Entry Fee
First Place Trophy, along with course bragging rights, to all divisional winners!
Numerous Closest To the Pin prizes and much much more!

For info on the Deer Lakes Course Championship or the Hunt at Deer Lakes visit http://www.pfds.org or contact Joshua Charlton via email at [email protected]

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2344/2300432604_748a7a6339_m.jpg

gotcha
May 13 2008, 01:12 PM
Pittsburghers' have several choices this weekend:

17th Hall of Chains Classic, Canton, OH (PDGA B-tier, 2 day tournament)

CSX Pro/Am Open, Huntington, WV (PDGA B-tier, 2 day tournament)

or for those who choose to stay closer to home:

Moraine Monthly ~ Saturday, May 17 @ 10:00 am

Knob Hill Monthly ~ Sunday, May 18 @ 10:00 am

Check out the PFDS Tournament Calendar by clicking here. (http://www.pfds.org/eventcal/calendar.php)

sandalbagger
May 13 2008, 03:08 PM
josh that logo is sweet, but will not be able to be printed on a disc. The large black areas are too large, you need to add some dots or texture to them. When you print a disc, there can't be any solid areas bigger than about 1/3 inch by 1/3 inch

jmc2442
May 13 2008, 03:19 PM
thats just a little something I threw together along with a few others. Thanks for the info tho Chris, as I am going to be getting something together for the Hunt here very soon.

Actually, that would make a sweet stamp, eh? Maybe I will work with it more to see what I get.

maybe I'll go for some brown chickens and brown cows sighted in on eachother. ;)

sandalbagger
May 14 2008, 11:55 AM
Josh it would be a sick stamp!!!! You could easily male it work, there are some tricks to be done for those large black areas. The only thing I would change is the computer looking type for the date. It just doesn't quite flow with the rest of the image.

Man I sound like my old VisCom teacher now.

gotcha
May 16 2008, 07:38 AM
I'm excited for this weekend.....Moraine Monthly is tomorrow and I can't wait to get up there and see leaves on the trees. I don't know about you all, but it seems like it's dark and gloomy for months....then a few blooms and flowering shrubs start appearing in April....the BOOM!....everything is freakin' GREEN! I'm so glad spring has finally sprung. :D

kUrTp
May 16 2008, 10:25 AM
The weather doesn't look great BUT, I think the rain will miss us. Looks like rain over night tonight then nothing until late Saturday evening.

jmc2442
May 16 2008, 10:37 AM
I'm excited for this weekend.....Moraine Monthly is tomorrow and I can't wait to get up there and see leaves on the trees.

are you sure about this Jerry? I for one don't like chopped salad w/ onion rings.

jmc2442
May 16 2008, 12:00 PM
The weather doesn't look great BUT, I think the rain will miss us. Looks like rain over night tonight then nothing until late Saturday evening.

what forecast are you looking at son?!?.... Portersville looks like poo tomorrow.... I'm still in, dont think I'm being a sissy, its just not looking good.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/USPA1320?begHour=23&amp;begDay=137

wtae.com:
Saturday: showers likely in the morning, then showers and scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 60s. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.

kUrTp
May 16 2008, 03:23 PM
THIS FORECAST (http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&amp;zipcode=16051&amp;metri c=0&amp;hbhday=2&amp;hbhhour=8)

jmc2442
May 16 2008, 03:27 PM
^^^ nice
&lt;&lt;&lt; truly hopes Kurt's forecast is right
vvv wont be there because they are SISSY!!!

kUrTp
May 20 2008, 10:53 AM
Who's going? Alanna, Stella, and I got our rooms reserved at the Edge-O-Town and I think Gotcha did the same. Fun course, good times, and a fountain in the parking lot of the hotel. How can you go wrong?

jmc2442
May 20 2008, 10:58 AM
you did not speak of a fountain... ;)

OLCOTTs it's the where you at check-in?!?!?!?!?!!!????... Team Yinzer needs to roll deep. :D

gotcha
May 21 2008, 05:01 PM
If you are not playing in a PDGA event this weekend, check out the local dg action in and around the 'Burgh:

Deer Lakes Monthly ~ Saturday, May 24
Singles @ 10:00 am ($10 entry fee / all divisions)
Doubles @ 2:15 pm ($ 5 entry fee / random draw)

1st Annual Disc Golf Summer Kickoff Classic ~ Saturday, May 24
The Washington County Disc Golf Association cordially invites you to participate in the first ever disc golf tournament in Washington County, PA! This newly formed club is in the process of building/designing a permanent course just south of Pittsburgh and the tournament this Saturday is a fund raising effort toward that goal! Very reasonable entry fees with trophies and prizes to be awarded to the top finishers.

For more information on this event, click this link: http://www.wcdga.org/

Timberlink Open ~ Sunday, May 25
Disc golf on a real golf course! That's right, folks....you can rent a motorized cart, pack a few cold ones and play disc golf on a traditional ball-golf course! Late last year, a Fly 18 disc golf course was installed on the grounds of Timberlink Golf Course in Ligonier, PA (across Route 30 from Idlewild Park). Sunday's tournament will consist of 2-rounds of disc golf with lunch provided by Fly 18 owner, Reese Swinea. Please note that Timberlink does not sell alcholic beverages, however, players are allowed to bring their own (please drink responsibly). If you can't make the tournament this weekend, plan to play the course any other time......Timberlink is open for play throughout the spring, summer & fall.

This inaugural event is sure to be lots of fun. For more info, check out the Timberlink Open thread.

2008 Knob Hill Course Championship ~ Sunday, June 1
The PFDS proudly presents the Course Championship at Knob Hill Community Park in Warrendale, PA. This one-day, 2-round tournament is the place to be on Sunday, June 1! Trophies will be awarded to the 1st and 2nd place winners of each division and there will be lots of great CTP prizes for the players. This event is a fund raiser and 100% of the proceeds will benefit the upcoming Scholl's Bicycle Center Pittsburgh Flying Disc Open. Last year this tournament raised $695.00!

Mark your calendar so you don't forget the date! We need your support! For detailed information, please visit the Knob Hill Course Championship thread.

Good shooting this weekend....wherever you decide to play!

Jerry Gotcher
PFDS Lifetime Member # 35
Moraine Lakeview DGC Promoter

sandalbagger
May 22 2008, 10:29 AM
Im ready for ASHTABULA!!! Just signed up and am ready for my 8th year in a row up there. Too bad I always play like crap there. But at least we won't have 60+ MPH winds this year with rain coming down sideways.

kUrTp
May 22 2008, 10:37 AM
Im ready for ASHTABULA!!! Just signed up and am ready for my 8th year in a row up there. Too bad I always play like crap there. But at least we won't have 60+ MPH winds this year with rain coming down sideways.

Edge-O-Town???

sandalbagger
May 22 2008, 10:41 AM
None other than the Edgo-O-Town. The only hotel that has had repeat customers for 8+ years who won't add any money to the tournament as a sponsor and adds $20 to the cost of rooms per night just for the disc golf tournament.

But..................It has a Volcano Fountain.

speakerbear
May 23 2008, 10:26 AM
The Olcotts and myself are also in. The Edge O Town will be rockin like always. Don't hesitate to sign up as this is a great tournament, great course, and good people. Besides, you never know when someone may take a header into the fountain.

kUrTp
May 23 2008, 12:53 PM
So I wonder how long it will take to get our drinks this year at Buffalo Wild Wings?

gotcha
May 23 2008, 02:29 PM
So Stella calls me around lunchtime and tells me I better have my putter dialed in for the monthly tomorrow at Deer Lakes. I'm thinking to myself "Why? Is Mike Moser or Larry Leonard going to be in town?", but before I could say anything thing he informed me that all the pins will be in the A positions! This will be the first time the course has ever been set up entirely in A-pins!

Don't forget about the Timberlink Open (http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=828612&amp;an=0&amp;page=0#Post8 28612) on Sunday, May 25! This weekend should be a lot of fun! :)

jmc2442
May 23 2008, 04:26 PM
way to spill the beans Jerry... Way to spill the beans. :)

kUrTp
May 23 2008, 04:33 PM
Beans Beans the magical fruit, the more you eat, the more you toot, the more you toot the better you feel, we should have beans for every meal.

So with all A-pins i'm going to assume double will be from the whites?

alexfore
May 23 2008, 04:39 PM
I'm in town this weekend and coming out tomorrow. Had a preview of the course yesterday with Stella and hitman. Deer lakes is looking good in the spring.

Jeff_LaG
May 23 2008, 05:26 PM
Everything in the 'A' position, wow! Better be some course records dropping.

sandalbagger
May 24 2008, 04:06 PM
guess the new record is a 60. But that will get beat easily I would imagine.

Jeff_LaG
May 26 2008, 09:40 PM
Looks like J. Gary would have set the record but put his drive into the water on hole#15?

You had a great round, including awesome birdie 3s on hole#10 and 16, and deuces on 4,8, and 17. But you bogeyed hole#2 and hole#5 (which are deuce runs) so that record can surely be lowered.

jmc2442
May 27 2008, 09:16 AM
there could not have been a better weekend of disc golf... great weather, great courses, great friends, it had it all!!!

Deer Lakes Monthly, all "A" pins... seems like everyone had a blast and doubles was definitely awesome... Sid, partner, thanks for the saves and getting me my 5 bones back, you're the man!!!

Timberlink... lets just say disc golf, carts, and beers go VERY well together. good friends dont hurt either. Jerry, this needs to be a semi-annual like Hitman said, it's just tons of fun. Did I mention beers and carts?

and lastly, a STELLAR 9 hole course in a Ligonier Boy Scouts Camp (Twin Echo) designed by the one and only J Gary. This private looks like it has the ability to be an awesome course on a very well maintained gorgeous piece of BOA property.

good to see everyone. Kurt, next time bring a spittoon for cryin' out loud! :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused:

sandalbagger
May 28 2008, 04:18 PM
Had a putt for 2 on 2. Hit the basket and rolled all the way down the hill.

I think a 56 will be shot easily next time they are at A's by someone.

gotcha
Jun 03 2008, 05:21 PM
Tuesday doubles at Knob Hill has been cancelled this evening (6/3) due to severe thunderstorms. Word is traveling via text messages and I will roll out to the park before 6:00 pm to advise any competitors of the cancellation.

See ya'll next Tuesday... :(

KayakFisher
Jun 04 2008, 02:29 PM
Is the Devotional now defunct? I was there Sun before Mem Day and nobody was there. Maybe yinz were all at Timberlink?

jmc2442
Jun 04 2008, 04:10 PM
we were indeed at Timberlink Jay. There is no longer an official Devotional. I believe occasionally some peeps do play Sunday AM, but nothing points/club wise goes on.

Jeff_LaG
Jun 04 2008, 05:03 PM
The "Sunday Devotional" has been replaced by rotating monthly events on both Saturdays and Sundays. For a full schedule for the entire year, check the PFDS Event Calendar (http://www.pfds.org/eventcal/calendar.php?op=cal&amp;month=6&amp;year=2008&amp;catview=0)!

KayakFisher
Jun 04 2008, 05:29 PM
Thanks. I just wondered because with limited free time while I'm in da burgh, sun morn round was always fun / casual round with friends that fit nicely in my schedule. It's tough for me to fit in family time and make it out to the monthly events, although I've been trying to make it to several, I always have other things come up or people visiting. I never played for the points / series / cash anyways.

GO PENS! Hopefully we'll be able to watch them beat da wangs again Sat!!!

Jeff_LaG
Jun 04 2008, 09:13 PM
Keep in mind that the rotating monthly events are just one round starting at 10 AM. So they take just as much (or as little) time as the Sunday Devotional used to.

Typically many of those who participate in the morning round stick around afterwards for another round of doubles, but that is entirely optional.

gotcha
Jun 09 2008, 12:03 PM
If I was an amateur player, this would be on my calendar....

West Virginia Championships (http://www.westvirginiachampionships.com/)

jmc2442
Jun 11 2008, 12:17 PM
I AM ABSOLUTELY PLAYING A ROUND AFTER WORK AT THE DLDGC TODAY.

if anyone wants to join call me BEFORE 5:45pm @ 412.418.7803

I plan on starting between 6 and 6:15pm

kUrTp
Jun 19 2008, 08:51 AM
So Chris Ditz won approx. $350 last night at the schenley night league. Aced hole #1 with a beauty of a shot. Firebird forehand = VeeDub back on the road.

jmc2442
Jun 19 2008, 09:02 AM
BLASTIN' HIPPIES!!!!! Maybe now he can afford a haircut!

... seriously tho, good deal Chris. Good deal indeed.

kUrTp
Jun 19 2008, 09:28 AM
He also shot a bogie free 46!!!

sandalbagger
Jun 19 2008, 11:07 AM
That was sweet!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it stayed in. Glad I threw the firebird instead of the destroyer with that wind.

jef
Jul 01 2008, 10:41 AM
Does anyone know the ratings for the blue and whites at Schenley?

Jeff_LaG
Jul 01 2008, 10:54 AM
Does anyone know the ratings for the blue and whites at Schenley?

I'm not sure what you mean by "ratings" but the SSA (Scratch Scoring Average) from PDGA-sanctioned events held at Schenley can be viewed here:
http://www.pdga.com/tournament/course_ratings_by_course.php?RatingCourseID=242

Looks like SSA from the white tees is usually around 46-47 and 51-52 for the blue tees.

gotcha
Jul 02 2008, 05:00 PM
Lots of disc golf action around the 'burgh this holiday weekend! On the local level we've got the Knob Hill Monthly which starts on Saturday, July 5, at 10:00 am. For those players jonesing for some PDGA sanctioned tournament play, there are a couple of one-dayers happening on Saturday:

Fire in the Sky '08 (C-tier at Norwalk, OH) (http://norwalkdiscgolf.org/)

Kentucky State Championships (C-tier at Idlewild Park, Burlington, KY) (http://www.cincinnatidiscgolf.com/)

On Sunday, there is a one-day C-tier Doubles event in Monroe, OH:

Deuce or Die (XC Tier ~ Doubles event benefitting the E.D.G.E. program) (http://deuceordie.com/)

Where ever you play this weekend, be safe......and have a great Independence Day! :D

gotcha
Jul 18 2008, 09:44 AM
The Moraine Monthly is this Sunday, July 20 and the singles round begins at 10:00 am. Random doubles will follow lunch for those who are interested....that round usually starts around 2:30 pm.

This will be the last opportunity for players to get one more monthly round in before the Invitational at Moraine, a handicap tournament which will be held during the Regatta at Lake Arthur on August 2-3 (click here (http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=721637&amp;an=0&amp;page=12#Post 721637) to see last year's information). Players who have a minimum number of blue tee rounds at Moraine will receive a handicap for the Invitational. In addition to the handicap payout, we'll have a raw score payout for those who want to throw $5 toward that side bet. Players who don't have a handicap can play in the raw score competition within their respective division.

The other cool thing about the Invitational at Moraine is that it will be a "flex-start".....since the PFDS will be promoting disc golf during the Regatta, we'll have the big tent set up by hole 1 and players can show up anytime throughout the weekend to play their Invitational rounds....morning, afternoon, evening....it doesn't matter....you can play the round whenever it best suits you! As players finish their rounds, scores will be posted on the leaderboard and the finalized results will be posted online. Winners need not be present and we will mail the cash winnings if necessary (100% cash payout, by the way....for <u>all</u> divisions).

Event details / handicaps will be posted sometime next week following the Moraine Monthly on Sunday. Mark your calendars for August 2-3. :cool:

kUrTp
Jul 21 2008, 12:45 PM
So, Alanna recorded her first Tournament ACE on Saturday during the Crawdad Cooker in Camp Hill, PA. She would have won $120 but someone else aced his last hole of the tourney to claim half of the ace pot.

Way To Go Laners :D

kUrTp
Jul 21 2008, 12:55 PM
One more thing. Stella had a Quadruple circle 11 on his last hole of the first round. OUCH!!! :eek: :o:mad:

jmc2442
Jul 21 2008, 01:17 PM
I saw Alanna's ace from the card behind. She's awesome. :cool:

I saw the 11 first hand cuz I threw it. NOT so awesome.

and another thing, those cheap-ohs on Alanna's card didnt even give her 5 bucks! I brought it up but no one followed through. What LAME-O's.... if you see her and you can spare a buck, hook the "Lady" up :cool:
She deserves it.

not the greatest of tourneys, however, it was indeed a great "REAL, NOT FAKE" weekend on the road with the Poole's.

gotcha
Jul 24 2008, 11:58 AM
Deer Lakes Monthly
Saturday, July 26
Start time: 10:00 am

On another note:
Next weekend, August 2-3, is Moraine State Park's Regatta at Lake Arthur (http://www.regatta-at-lake-arthur.com/). As many of you know, we will be hosting an invitational handicap tournament that weekend. It will be just one round and players can play their round anytime during the weekend (must play in a threesome or foursome). There will also be a "side-bet" raw score tournament for divisional play (like the regulary Moraine Monthly).

I hope to finish calculating the player handicaps this evening and I will post the tournament information as soon as I'm done. Thanks for everyone's patience..... :)

Jerry

p.s. Jim Wilson and Dave Wagner helped me prepare the course at Moraine last night. Major clearing/limbing was done on holes 11, 14 and 16 and we are glad to report the only wind damage from Tuesday night's storm was lower limbs on a pine tree near 16c pin. We moved the baskets to the short positions and here is the layout for the Moraine Invitational:

1a, 2a, 3a, 4b, 5b, 6a, 7a, 8b, 9a 10a, 11a, 12a, 13a, 14a, 15a, 16a, 17a, 18a

jmc2442
Jul 24 2008, 12:53 PM
speaking of the DLDGC Monthly, anyone have any positions they would like to see utilized for Saturday? I am going out to the course tonight and pin changes will be made. Speak now and chances are more than good it will happen.

sandalbagger
Jul 29 2008, 03:57 PM
I'm gonna try to beat my record of a 56 this weekend. Been a long time since the course has been set up so easy.

gotcha
Aug 01 2008, 07:52 AM
This (http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=854515&amp;an=0&amp;page=1#Post8 54515) is the place to be this August 2 &amp; 3 weekend!

gotcha
Aug 06 2008, 11:43 AM
I saw Alanna's ace from behind. She's awesome. :cool:

Hey KP.....Stella's checking out your lady's ace from behind... :D

jmc2442
Aug 06 2008, 11:49 AM
HEY GOOCH, remember what I said to you walking to hole 11 at moraine after everyone got a 3 except me with a 4?!?

YEAH. WELL IF I COULD ID SAY IT RIGHT NOW!!!

gotcha
Aug 06 2008, 02:35 PM
Hey gang....

I posted an event date on the PFDS calendar for Sunday, August 17.....the Flying Fest at Thompson Park in East Liverpool, OH. There's going to be lots of flying disc activities besides disc golf and it sounds like the event is going to be lots of fun. East Liverpool is located just across the border from Beaver, PA and Thompson Park is a really fun course to play. The front nine is short and recreational friendly....the back nine is the exact opposite with several holes being true par 4's that would challenge today's top pros!

Click here (http://www.thompsonpark.org/DiscGolf/discgolf.html) for more info on Thompson Park disc golf.

kUrTp
Aug 06 2008, 03:42 PM
Maybe the wife and i will stop in on our way home from Worlds.

gotcha
Aug 08 2008, 09:08 AM
Knob Hill Monthly
Saturday, August 9

I believe baskets were moved to A-pin this week.....first time the course has been in all A-pins for well over a year. :)

gotcha
Aug 11 2008, 09:44 AM
This Saturday (8/16) is the Libby Open at Moraine State Park. Check out the thread for that one-day, 2-round tournament by clicking here. (http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=859957&amp;an=0&amp;page=0#Post8 59957) It will be good to see Jedidiah again.... we should make him talk in German. :)

The next day, Sunday (8/17) is the Flying Fest at Thompson Park in East Liverpool, OH. Info on this tournament is posted above on this thread.

RangerMer
Aug 16 2008, 10:51 PM
;) a-pin

gotcha
Aug 19 2008, 10:42 AM
The only place one needs to be this weekend is around the 'burgh!

Saturday, Aug 23 ~ Knob Hill Ace Race (starts at 1:00 pm)

Sunday, Aug 24 ~ Deer Lakes Course Championship (starts at 9:45 am)

Check out the respective discussion threads for more details.

hitman
Sep 06 2008, 06:47 PM
Anyone planning on heading up to Warren for the NEO next week? I am going up if others need a ride...my bro lives up in youngstown and might be staying over Sat. night.

gotcha
Sep 06 2008, 08:42 PM
Wear long pants. Young's Run has more poison ivy than any other course I've played.....and I've played approximately 200.

sandalbagger
Sep 10 2008, 11:11 AM
Or stay on the fairway. :)

gotcha
Sep 10 2008, 11:40 AM
Here's what's going on this weekend around the 'Burgh:

Saturday (9/13) ~ Northeast Ohio Open (Warren, OH) (http://www.discgolfersr.us/events/event/show?id=1809917:Event:669298)
Sunday (9/14) ~ Moraine Monthly (10:00 am start)

gotcha
Sep 25 2008, 10:46 AM
The place to be this Saturday (9/27) is the Hunt at Deer Lakes! One-day, two-rounds, PDGA B-tier sanctioned.....what else do I need to say? Pre-register via PayPal today to avoid the $5 late fee penalty. Click on the link below for more tourney details..... :)

Jeff_LaG
Oct 03 2008, 11:31 PM
I am meeting J. Gary out at Seven Springs Mountain Resort tomorrow (Saturday October 4th) around 11-11:30 AM if anyone wants to join us. :cool:

gotcha
Oct 14 2008, 09:19 AM
Post deleted by gotcha

trbn8r
Oct 14 2008, 10:41 AM
Hey guys, posted a few pics from the monthly earlier this summer on my Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Flying-Disc-Magazine/39353865933).

gotcha
Oct 15 2008, 05:27 PM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/OldEconomyParktempcourse2007.jpg (http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc184/gotcherj/?action=view&current=OldEconomyParktempcourse2007.jpg)

This Saturday (10/18) is the Scholastic Series Event #4 at Old Economy Park. Nine temporary baskets will be set up and the course will be reconfigured to offer players a challenging 18-hole layout. Registration for this two round tournament begins at 9:00 am. Plan to be there.....this 18-hole layout happens only once a year! The map posted above is the tournament layout for this weekend and players can now practice the course as the additional nine holes were marked today with orange survey flags. As stated previously, the original/permanent nine holes will be renumbered for Saturday's tournament:

Original Hole 1 will be played as Hole 4
Original Hole 2 will be played as Hole 8
Original Hole 3 will be played as Hole 9
Original Hole 4 will be played as Hole 18
Original Hole 5 will be played as Hole 10
Original Hole 6 will be played as Hole 11
Original Hole 7 will be played as Hole 12
Original Hole 8 will be played as Hole 13
Original Hole 9 will be played as Hole 14

jmc2442
Oct 16 2008, 10:19 AM
Also, on Sunday, the Pittsburgh crew will be heading to Seven Springs to play the new J Gary Dropcho layout. want to meet and start play at 10:00am. Let someone know if you are planning to attend.

I believe the layout is par 60, lots of downhills and elevation, and best part, LIFT RIDES. Ride to the top, play 1-9 down... ride back to the top play 10-18. repeat. I've been told rides are $4 a piece or $12 all day. Im sure the all day route will be taken by most. :D

GOOD TIMES. oh, and btw, it is oktoberfest there. WOO HOOOO

gotcha
Oct 22 2008, 09:17 AM
This weekend is two back-to-back tournaments:

Saturday, October 25 ~ Deer Lakes Monthly & Scholastic Series final event

Sunday, October 26, ~ Moraine Monthly

Details available on the Event Calendar at PFDS.org

Rex_Trimm
Oct 22 2008, 06:42 PM
Can I give you those targets back at Moraine there Gotcher money?

gotcha
Oct 24 2008, 11:23 AM
This is a friendly reminder we have two monthlies scheduled for this last weekend in October:

Saturday, October 25 ~ Deer Lakes Monthly @ 10:00 am

Sunday, October 26 ~ Moraine Monthly @ 10:00 am

Entry fee is $10 for either event and divisions are available for all skill levels (Open, Advanced, Intermediate, Recreational, Novice, etc). Montly events consist of one round of 18 holes with payout to top third of each division (80% payout......$2 of each entry fee goes to course fund). Random doubles usually happens after lunch if enough players are interested.

Special note: Following the morning round of the Moraine Monthly we will be installing a permanent bench behind the blue tee of hole #10. If we have enough volunteers we should be able to install the bench within a half hour or so. We will need to clear the underbrush and some low hanging tree limbs before we begin digging the holes for the bench posts. Scott McIntyre (who built and donated the bench) is bringing a post-hole digger, but if anyone can bring another we can knock out this project in no time. Thanks in advance to any and all volunteers........and don't forget to bring work gloves!

Huckin' Halloween IV ~ Don't forget about our glow-in-the-dark Halloween tournament scheduled for Friday night, October 31! This is possibly the most fun disc golf of the year! Check out the appropriate thread for this ghostly annual event at Knob Hill Park.......who will win this year's vote (not to mention, cash prize) for Best Carved Jack-0-Lantern? We dare you to bring out yo pimpin' pumpkins and show us how you slice and dice your gourds.... :eek: :)

Regards,

Jerry Gotcher
Pittsburgh Flying Disc Society
Lakeview DGC Promoter

gotcha
Nov 05 2008, 08:04 AM
Okay....here's the schedule for DG around the 'Burgh in November:

Moraine Monthly ~ Saturday, November 8 @ 10:00 am.

Seneca Creek Soiree ~ Saturday/Sunday, November 15/16: PDGA Sanctioned tournament at Seneca Creek State Park in Gaithersburg, MD. This "pro only" event is attracting numerous amateur players becasue of the sliding entry fee which is based on player rating. Click here (http://discussion.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=862694&amp;page=2&amp;fpart=all&amp; vc=1) for more info about this A-tier event on one of the nicest disc golf courses you'll ever play.

3rd Annual Turkey Shoot ~ Saturday, November 29: One round of 18 holes at the Deer Lakes Disc Golf Course in Russellton, PA. Registration begins at 9:30am; Tee at 10:00am (Technically, this is the Deer Lakes Monthly with a different name... :))

ebonaz
Nov 13 2008, 09:29 PM
I'm looking to play on Friday 11/14. Probably at Deer lakes, but I could be persuaded to go elsewhere. Anyone want to meet up for a round?

Eric

gotcha
Dec 02 2008, 09:01 AM
December monthlies around the 'Burgh:

Saturday, December 6 ~ Knob Hill Monthly

Saturday, December 13 ~ Moraine Monthly

Saturday, December 20 ~ Deer Lakes Monthly

The PFDS Event Calendar will be updated later this month to announce local and regional tournaments for 2009. Stay tuned...

Dec 10 2008, 11:41 PM
If anyone is coming in early for Fridays festivities and wants to play a round at Moraine let me know. I will be done with my last final around 1p.m. My buddy and i will be hitting the course soon after but no time has been set in stone.

Bryan Schlemmer

kUrTp
Dec 11 2008, 09:05 AM
Schlemmer - not making it up until around 7ish. You still playing Saturday?

gotcha
Dec 11 2008, 10:54 AM
For those of you who haven't read the recent discussion under the Knob Hill Monthly thread, Chris Deitzel made the suggestion that we should randomly group players of all skill levels for our monthly events. This way, players are afforded the opportunity to play with folks they normally would not play with. Great suggestion, Deitz!

Due to the apparent popularity of this idea, I've decided we're going to mix it up at the Moraine Monthly this Saturday, December 13. Players will still register to compete within their normal divisions, but I will draw names out of a hat to make random groupings of players. Ams will have the opportunity to play with pros and vice-versa. It should be a lot of fun! After the round, PFDS club members are invited to join us for lunch during an open meeting for general club discussion. After lunch, we will be walking/survey the Five Points area for the proprosed second course at Moraine State Park.

For more details on the the members' lunch and open meeting, please see J Gary's post on the PFDS Official Announcements thread.

Hope to see you on Saturday! :)

Dec 11 2008, 11:15 AM
Kurt,
I will be at the brewery tomorrow night and will be at the monthly on saturday.

gotcha
Dec 11 2008, 08:00 PM
The last day of deer hunting season is this Saturday. For those hunters who have yet to bag their buck, here's a plan to ponder. Hunt deer at Moraine on Saturday morning, play the Monthly at 10:00 am, then go back on the hunt after the round. Sounds like a win-win situation for the hunting / disc golf enthusiast! :)

garydropcho
Dec 22 2008, 10:22 PM
Come out and play the first DG of the new year at Noon at the "fun to play again" Schenley Park Disc Golf Links.

Not a tournament, but side action likely.

[image]http://www.me.com/gallery/#100046/IMG_6219[image]

gotcha
Dec 30 2008, 03:14 PM
Come out and play the first DG of the new year at Noon at the "fun to play again" Schenley Park Disc Golf Links.

Come out and play the last DG of the old year at 1:00 on New Year's Eve at the "always fun to play again" Lakeview Course at Moraine State Park.

:)

sandalbagger
Dec 30 2008, 06:25 PM
More important than playing disc golf on the 1st, is making sure you register for the Vibram Open on the first. It will be your only chance to do so.

gotcha
Dec 31 2008, 09:50 AM
So I'm laying in bed last night, watching the local news and happen to catch the forecast for today, New Year's Eve....

Temps in the 20's, winds 20-30 mph.....with wind gusting to 40 mph.

Nuff said.....Uncle Jerry won't come out of the cave to play. Maybe tomorrow at Schenley.........maybe.

kUrTp
Dec 31 2008, 10:09 AM
Texans!?!? /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

sandalbagger
Dec 31 2008, 11:59 AM
So Steve Dodge says that registration for the Vibram opens tonight at 12:01 AM, the first minute of the new year. Me and Timmy are going, and J Gary might be as well?

So I think all yinz guys who want to play one of the best disc golf events of the year, you should sign up for the Vibram tonight. I believe there will only be 50 spots that are open to anyone, and then you will have to qualify after that. Don't miss out.

Jan 02 2009, 01:23 AM
Knob Hill Monthly

Date : 3 January 2009 (Saturday)
Category : PFDS League

Event Description :

$10 entry fee ($11 for non-PFDS members).

All skill divisions offered. One round of 18-holes; round begins at 10:00 am.

Open plays blue tees; all other divisions play white tees.

More info : http://www.pfds.org/leagues.html
All pins in the B pin location except 7 which is in A
Because of the missing basket on hole #17, we will play the following holes for 16,17, and 18:
18 tee pad (open plays blue) to 16 basket.
17 tee pad (all divisions white) to 18 basket.
16 tee pad (all divisions white) to the practice basket.

gotcha
Jan 02 2009, 12:55 PM
^ ^ ^ Will there be snow on the ground at Knob Hill tomorrow?

kUrTp
Jan 02 2009, 01:54 PM
You must have been really spoiled during your vacation to Texas!!!

gotcha
Jan 08 2009, 10:23 AM
Check out the PFDS Event Calendar here. (http://www.pfds.org/eventcal/calendar.php)

2009 events have been added to the calendar and the next one coming up is the Moraine Monthly this Saturday, January 10. The following event is the Deer Lakes Monthly *Mixer* on the 24th.

Please note the dates on this event calendar are subject to change as the year progresses and local/regional events are announced. We will always try to avoid conflicting with local PDGA events and charity/club fund raisers if possible (we've already rescheduled two February monthly dates due to local Ice Bowl events). The calendar looks good through May and we should hopefully not have to reschedule any more events, but you never know. Check the calendar regularly for updates and, likewise, we will post any date changes on this discussion board.

Hope to see some of you this Saturday when I crawl out of my nice warm cave....

kUrTp
Jan 08 2009, 04:14 PM
From the desk of Mr. Gotcha Money.

The Deer Lakes Monthly "Mixer" originally scheduled on the 24th of January has been moved to Sunday the 25th. Steubenville Ice Bowl is scheduled on Saturday the 24th. It has been changed on the PFDS calendar page as well.

PFDS Calendar (http://www.pfds.org/eventcal/calendar.php?op=cal&amp;month=1&amp;year=2009&amp;catview=0)

gotcha
Jan 09 2009, 02:38 PM
Wow. Forecast calling for 1-3" tonight with 4-8" tomorrow during the day. Should be interesting to say the least. I will be asking everyone to play "Minnesota style" golf tomorrow.....that is, once all players have teed, everyone walk in single file down the middle of the fairway. When a player is perpendicular to where his/her shot landed, player then turns 90 degrees off the single file pathway to walk to his/her disc. This method allows players an easier chance of locating their discs rather than everyone haphazardly walking down the fairway, messing up the untouched snow with footprints.

Oh yeah, the other Minnesota rule pertains to white discs. If you throw a white disc no one else is obligated to help you look for it. :D

gotcha
Jan 14 2009, 10:49 AM
Who's going to Columbus this weekend? I'm not.....I'm just curious who is....... here's (http://discussion.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=893587&amp;an=0&amp;page=0&amp;gonew =1#UNREAD) the deal if you're jonesing for dg around the 'burgh. :)

sandalbagger
Jan 14 2009, 11:44 AM
Me and Lori are going to Columbus. I think Kurt and Alanna are as well? And possibly the Olcott brothers. From what I hear, there is not much snow on the ground in Columbus, and they have deiced all of the teepads already.

I'm going for sure!!!!!!!

SCOTT
Jan 14 2009, 03:42 PM
I am also going out to this event. I have been checking a few sites and they only have about 1 inch of snow on the ground in Columbus. The temp is supposed to be in the 20's on Saturday. I would like to catch a ride out with someone. I have PM'd Kurt and Chris with my phone #.

kUrTp
Jan 14 2009, 05:29 PM
Alanna and I are NOT going. Jerry talked me out of it, so blame him!!! Just kidding. We just have too much stuff going on this weekend and a 4 hour trip to Columbus won't help.

SCOTT
Jan 14 2009, 08:30 PM
Ok Kurt. Looks like I will see you at the Deer Lakes mixer then. Chris, are you still in? If so give me a buzz.

sandalbagger
Jan 15 2009, 12:00 PM
If I go, we are leaving early tomorrow. Staying at a friends house on Friday night and then going to my buddy's 30th birthday party in Cleveland after the tourney. We don't really have the room/schedule to take anyone else.

But, I think we might go to North Carolina instead.

sandalbagger
Jan 16 2009, 01:28 PM
sure you don't want to go Kurt.

George Clinton and P-funk are playing tonight. WE are staying at Lisa Warners.

kUrTp
Jan 16 2009, 04:18 PM
Thats Awesome...You can't go wrong with the P-Funk. BUT, I'm still not going. To Bad, So Sad.

sandalbagger
Jan 19 2009, 04:26 PM
You guys missed an awesome time. Not much snow. Way less than Moraine, and it was 20+ fro the whole day. Now waking up was cold, but by the time we started it was a nice comfortable day.

Unfortunately, now almost 1 month later, my back is still messed up and I have only played 2 times since Christmas. ARRGGGGHHH.

Good times for sure. 10 more days and I'll be on my way to Florida!!

jef
Jan 21 2009, 09:10 PM
Steubenville Ohio is the place to be this saturday for the Beatty Park Ice Bowl. For an entry fee of $10 + a canned food donation, you'll play a beautiful and challenging course and get a free lunch after the round at the famous Spot Bar.
TD Bill Rohrey has informed me that he has great prizes for the prize raffle. I hope to see you there.

gotcha
Jan 22 2009, 12:01 PM
Steubenville Ohio is the place to be this saturday for the Beatty Park Ice Bowl. For an entry fee of $10 + a canned food donation, you'll play a beautiful and challenging course and get a free lunch after the round at the famous Spot Bar.
TD Bill Rohrey has informed me that he has great prizes for the prize raffle. I hope to see you there.

Just a reminder......we rescheduled the Deer Lakes Monthly to Sunday, January 25, in observance of the Beatty Park Ice Bowl in Steubenville, Ohio.

sandalbagger
Jan 22 2009, 12:24 PM
I'll be lucky to play in the 2010 Ice Bowl with the way my back feels. I can hardly walk.

jdot
Jan 27 2009, 12:59 PM
Hello fellow PA disc golf friends and residents. Just wanted to let you know the ball is rolling to get things together for the PA STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS - May 2 & 3 at CODORUS.
As you know, Michael Dropcho and company did a wonderful job the last 2 years at IUP... and we hope to follow tradition at Codorus. We hope you can make your way to Hanover, PA for the event.
Also... I'd like to recognize past PA STATE CHAMPS..
here's the list I have so far..
2008 - Nate Krahn - @ IUP
2007 - Nick Schneider @ IUP
2006 - Justin Madore @ Codorus
2005 - Justin Madore @ Codorus
2004 Rich Klinger @ Allentown
2003 - Joe Klosky @ Allentown
If anyone has names/ courses used of earlier winners please let me know.
AND.. what are the chances of getting RED to Codorus ?
...till next post...
jay. [email protected]

we are patiently waiting for the pdga to post our event so we can get the flyer link attached with lodging and tourney info.

kUrTp
Jan 27 2009, 04:59 PM
Great News Jay! Can't wait to see you and play your DG mecca. Let's just hope I don't have another double cirle 7, then a cirle 5, then a triple cirle 9 - Back to Back to Back.

Red just had elbow surgery right after the new year. I'm assuming he would love to play but it will probably depend on his rehab.

sandalbagger
Jan 27 2009, 07:53 PM
I'll be there for sure!

gotcha
Feb 02 2009, 06:56 PM
This weekend's events around SixBurgh:

Saturday, February 7 ~ Thompson Park Ice Bowl (East Liverpool, OH) (http://www.thompsonpark.org/DiscGolf/IceBowl.html)

Sunday, February 8 ~ Knob Hill Monthly (Mixer)

East Liverpool is not very far from Pittsburgh and the course at Thompson Park is a lot of fun to play. The front nine is recreational-style.....short and beginner friendly....similar to several holes at Schenley. The back nine is a monster with some awesome par 4's through the hills and trees. It is truly a Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde type layout!

The Knob Hill Monthly will be our local mixer event for February. Players will be randomly grouped together so pros and ams will have a chance to play together. The format has been well received at the other mixer events. For the Knob Hill mixers, all competitors will play from the white tees.

Check out the PFDS Event Calendar for what's happenin' round the 'burgh! :cool:

sandalbagger
Feb 05 2009, 11:18 AM
Anyone want to play a round in Clearwater today?

kUrTp
Feb 05 2009, 05:45 PM
I hate you!!! :mad::mad::mad:

SCOTT
Feb 06 2009, 04:25 PM
Anyone going to the Ice bowl tomorrow? Should be a carload of us from Butler going to East Liverpool.

gotcha
Feb 10 2009, 08:51 PM
Schenley Ice Bowl ~ Saturday, February 14

Moraine Monthly ~ Sunday, February 15

......nuff said! :D

jef
Feb 11 2009, 08:45 PM
Hey Jerry
The weather forecast for Sat. is a high temp. of 35, with a 40% chance of a snow shower. :D Will you be there? :) :) :)
Players from Steubenville and East Liverpool Ohio will be.
It's also rumored that a guy by the name of John Galt will be there. Who is John Galt?

gotcha
Feb 11 2009, 09:51 PM
Yep....I plan on attending (although my wife wasn't too happy to learn I'd be playing dg on Valentine's Day). :o

As a reminder, this weekend I will be coordinating the PDGA membership drive for our active club members. For more information, click here. (http://discussion.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=899120&amp;an=0&amp;page=0#Post8 99120)

I will also be collecting memberships on Sunday during the Moraine Monthly. After this weekend, however, I will hand-off the PDGA membership enrollments to our club's membership director, Kurt Poole. I hope to see everyone this weekend! :)

sandalbagger
Feb 11 2009, 10:10 PM
I'll be caddying and spotting at La Vie En Rose. 65 women signed up already. I know Sid wants to get a plane ticket!

Have fun.....another rough day down here with 80 degrees at Cliff Stephens Park doubles.

Played with Sharon Jenkins, Lisa Warner, Liz Shooner and Mickey Carnell yesterday. Headed to Live Oak in the morning.

I don't think you guys will see me at all next year from September - April......it's just too nice to be able to play disc golf everyday in shorts.

Man are these guys good down here!! John E Mcree, Ron Russell, Climo, Hossfeld, the list goes on.

And these courses let you throw far and hard. Something we don't have back home. Take these guys to Moraine and they would be lost without the big hyzer shots.

We still have the best courses for sure.....totally different style of golf down here.