Pages : [1] 2

Jan 28 2005, 06:41 PM
<font color="666666">6th Annual TeamDisaster.com Pecan Park Open
Hosted by Team Disaster

Team Disaster is proud to announce the 6th Annual Pecan Park Open, April 2nd and 3rd (PDGA AM-B/Pro-C). The PPO will once again feature four rounds on the beautiful Nacogdoches, Texas courses of Pecan and Pioneer Park. [/b]Following the tournament we will have a six-hole Pro/AM skins match featuring the top 4 pros of the weekend (lowest score regardless of division), the top 3 AMS of the weekend (lowest score regardless of division) PLUS the BIG RAFFLE WINNER!

TitleDisc.com registration will be up in the next few weeks. In the meantime, you can pre-register by mailing your name, phone number, pdga number, address, and a check to: John Edwards, 6014 Sanford, Houston, Texas 77096 (make checks payable to John Edwards).

Team Disaster is very pleased to be picking up a tournament with the tradition that the PPO has. The event is going to be just as fun as ever, so please be sure to save the date and register early.

- Field is limited to 144 players for your enjoyment.
- All AMs who register by March 25th will receive a Tournament T-shirt in addition to their players pack
- Players package for all AMS
- Raffle for a Basket and a spot in the Pro/AM Skins Match
- Saturday Players Party!!
- Everyone plays 4 full rounds of 18 holes (2 rounds each on Pecan Park and Pioneer Park)

Divisions:
Open - $62
Pro Women - $52
Masters - $52
Advanced Women - $48
Advanced Masters - $48
Advanced Men - $48
Intermediate Men - $38
Recreational Men - $33
Recreational Women - $33
Optional Ace Pot - $5

We will open any division in addition to these that has 4 or more pre-registered players by March 25th

SKINS!
The format will be best-shot doubles. All score ties to determine skins participants will be broken with sudden death playoffs. Each of the six holes will be worth $25 each (cash to the pro/merchandise to the AM).

Gulf Coast Championship Bonus Qualifier
For an optional $5 you may count this event as one of your GCCS qualifiers to qualify for the bonus payout at the Finale ($3 to the bonus, $2 to the food bank). You will not receive GCCS points for this event.

For more information please contact John �Gimp� Edwards III directly at [email protected] or 832-279-8084.

Information will be up shortly on www.teamdisaster.com (http://www.teamdisaster.com) and http://www.pecanparkopen.org/
</font>

atxdiscgolfer
Jan 29 2005, 12:07 PM
Cant wait for this one- nice courses, nice payout, and should be a cool players party with all the cheap beer in Nacogdoches. Will there be a Texas Hold Em tournament going on after the tournament?

Jan 29 2005, 03:41 PM
I would like for there to be, any locals willing to host?

Jan 29 2005, 03:43 PM
I think Matt Hall, probably the best advanced gofler in Texas right now, is going to be at this one again. What other big dogs are going to try to knock him off and go for the pro/am skins match...

jeterdawg
Jan 30 2005, 10:59 PM
I'm gonna give Matt a run for his money in Advanced this year...I so can't wait for this one! Can't wait for the Rancho Grande either...

the_kid
Jan 31 2005, 10:58 AM
Yeah my dad and I will definantly make the PPO since i'm only an hour away. :D:D

bigbadude
Jan 31 2005, 01:56 PM
Cool I like this tournament I'll be there again.

Jan 31 2005, 03:36 PM
I thought that "skins match featuring the top 4 pros of the weekend (lowest score regardless of division)" might appeal to a play like El Chili lol :D

bigbadude
Jan 31 2005, 03:55 PM
That's how it use to be way back 1st and 2nd PPO. :obut some open players started to cry about it :D:D

bigbadude
Jan 31 2005, 03:57 PM
Remmember I played open last year and was in the skins, not bad of a 44 yearold.(45) this year again.

bigbadude
Jan 31 2005, 04:51 PM
Does anyone know what the course records are?

Jan 31 2005, 04:57 PM
I don't know what the records are, but there will be some altered tee boxes this year to correct some strange tees at both parks.

Did you win any skins last year Jerry?

BTW we need sponsorship to help cover the players packs, free shirts and the added skins cash and merch - shoot me an email if you are interested. Need to get the letter together etc...

bigbadude
Jan 31 2005, 05:00 PM
Nope, all the skins pushed to the sudden death round and that youngster from tyler won them.

bigbadude
Feb 01 2005, 06:10 PM
I know of a few pro masters that are going to show up, last year there where more pro masters than open players.And a bigger payout as well.hm open or masters?

Feb 01 2005, 07:06 PM
I sure hope I can make this one, LOVE the NAC courses....

running on two courses, sounds like the full TEAM FATBOY might be needed to cover it all......and then some....

bigbadude
Feb 02 2005, 12:31 PM
So scores on course records?

atxdiscgolfer
Feb 02 2005, 12:50 PM
While I was going to SFA, I think the course record for Pecan Park was -12. That was 2001 and Pioneer did not have baskets at that time, only tall wooden stakes in the ground. You may want to check with a local (JT Peebles would know). At that time I was more concerned with raising money for the keg party, didnt play too much golf back then.

jeterdawg
Feb 02 2005, 01:01 PM
-12 sounds right...I shot -10 one time at Pecan Park and JT went nuts thinking it might be the record. Seeing as how there's only one hole that's near unreachable from the tee (#11 I think), even -12 might not be the lowest. It's just that those two courses don't see alot of Pro's playing them, especially on a consistent basis. For DG purposes, I wish I had gone to school at SFA since those two are such great courses! The one at A&M doesn't even compare.

Can't wait for this tourney, only 2 months away! And then Am World Doubles!

atxdiscgolfer
Feb 02 2005, 01:22 PM
I dont know about # 11 being the only one not reachable from the tee, I would have to say that #1,#11,and I only think that I have seen #16 parked on a few occasions.

atxdiscgolfer
Feb 02 2005, 01:25 PM
As far as a school surrounding several quality DG courses you have to admit that your rival UT Austin has that award.

jeterdawg
Feb 02 2005, 01:28 PM
True, #1 is very tough, but with a great drive that sneaks through the trees, you can land on that path and nail a long putt. And heaven forbid they MOW out there for once, you could easily get a roller closeby if it stops before rolling down near the creek. And if the wind was blowing right, I bet a giant anhyzer would get you there with a monster throw.

#16 is tough, but if I can park it, it probably shouldn't be on the not-birdieable list. I like that hole.

#11 just has one of those nasty angles that I only see a few big arms being able to reach.

atxdiscgolfer
Feb 02 2005, 01:34 PM
I have to agree with you on that, however I cant say that I have ever seen anyone park #11. Did anyone park that hole at the PPO last year? The only people that were there that passibly could have were Matt Hall and Chris Farnham.

bigbadude
Feb 02 2005, 01:51 PM
You two need to get out more.

atxdiscgolfer
Feb 02 2005, 01:53 PM

What are you talking about?

jeterdawg
Feb 02 2005, 01:55 PM

Tell that to my boss. And then even if you tell that to him, you'll have to yell it to my wife! Have the golf I'm getting to play this year is tournament golf. I can't wait to pass the CPA exam and have time to practice putting and playing some night golf again!

the_kid
Feb 02 2005, 02:03 PM
I parked 11 from the road after nailing a tree. I would have to say that is is possible to reah it on a huge "S" out over the trees, but I would never do it in a round. :D:D
I have also parked #16 a few times and took a 5 on #1 when a was 30ft short on the drive. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif :confused: /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

jeterdawg
Feb 02 2005, 02:06 PM
I haven't played any Austin coures...just Old Settler's and Rivery a little north, but I like them alot. I'm sure CS is beat in that department! I just meant for a small school, SFA and Nac are pretty lucky to have such quality courses. When I was out there visiting my wife when she was at school there, I got to play them every 2-3 weeks. I wouldn't mind retiring there since it's a nice quiet community with quality DG nearby.

atxdiscgolfer
Feb 02 2005, 02:21 PM
SFA and Nac are pretty lucky to have such quality courses.

Thats true but you have to remember that baskets were not put in the ground at Pioneer (which is my favorite of the two)until around 2002 or 2003. Phone duty shift is over - time for some golf. later everybody

Feb 02 2005, 04:21 PM
Anyone know if basket #1 at Pecan is still in bad shape? Will anyone volunteer to bring a alt basket for that hole?

Moderator005
Feb 02 2005, 04:52 PM
I'm gonna be in Houston again later this month and was thinking about heading up to Nacogdoches to try out the Pecan and Pioneer Park courses. I reckon it's not much more than about 2 hours up US 59. Are they worth the drive? Let's hear some glowing recommendations of these courses!

garywatts
Feb 02 2005, 04:55 PM
I live in Dallas and this will be my third year in a row to go to this tourny,, it is a must every year,, make the two hour drive and you will not be disapointed..

scoop
Feb 02 2005, 04:55 PM
I'd rather have the two closest courses to Baylor (Cameron West and The Beast) than the two closest to UT (Pease and Zilker) any day.

Talk about two amazing courses so close to campus...and a small school too (~12000 students), so those courses are never as busy as Pease.

jeterdawg
Feb 02 2005, 05:08 PM
Yeah, I have to agree...the 2 courses near Baylor have to be one of the best 1-2 punches near a college campus. And Waco is a pretty small town, but big enough to consider living there. It's too bad that it's Baylor...

The Nacogdoches courses are great. Pecan Park is about 5800-6000 feet, with a variety of elevation changes on both courses. Pioneer is about 6000 feet long as well. I really enjoy playing on both courses, because the holes are well-placed, there are a variety of holes, and the scenery of the pine trees is gorgeous.

The only complaint is that around holes 12-16 on Pecan Park and the same on Pioneer there is alot of muddy area due to the bad drainage. Even in the middle of summer with 2 weeks straight of no rain it still is pretty messy. Make sure to wear your Gore-tex and you should be fine.

I made maps of both courses and if you want them, email me at [email protected]

Feb 02 2005, 06:32 PM
Can you shoot those maps to me? [email protected] Please?!?!?! :)

Jeff - the two courses fall into the "fun" category imo. Think MacGregor 21 from the posts with elevation, better looking parks and some ob ditches.

the_kid
Feb 02 2005, 06:34 PM
Yeah and you can score a lot better than on Mac daddy. :D:D

Feb 04 2005, 02:19 AM
FYI on the course record question. I talked to JT today and he said the best score he knew of was either -10 or -11 at Pecan Park, he wasnt sure.

vinnie
Feb 04 2005, 10:15 AM
I shot -10 there a couple times ....but it seems like I shot a -11 and at the time J.T. said that was the best.....but it was over a lot of beer. Maybe the T.D.'s of past can clear this up.

the_kid
Feb 04 2005, 10:51 AM
The record will be broken this year IMO. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

HFDS184
Feb 16 2005, 04:11 PM
Man, I hope I can make it out this year. I looooove East Texas in the Spring.

bigbadude
Feb 16 2005, 06:15 PM
Just don't be skeered Kent :D:D

jdavidson
Feb 16 2005, 06:21 PM
I shot 11 or 12 down on my way through town once...... Played with some locals, so no, this claim can not be substantiated. I DID hit some crazy long putts in that round though.

bigbadude
Feb 16 2005, 06:23 PM
JD are you going this year?

the_kid
Feb 16 2005, 06:38 PM
Once again Jim you might as well not bother. You remember what happened the last time I said that. :D:D

Feb 16 2005, 08:11 PM
The tournament web site has not been updated yet. Please look at the top of this thread for current information...

Feb 18 2005, 03:51 AM
Any locals out there have an email address or phone number for someone involved in the club there? I forgot to get the information at the PI GCCS...

smokingun1
Feb 22 2005, 02:10 AM
Missed this one last year. I am looking forward to getting back. Uncertain if I am ready for the Masters to see a lack luster putting display though.... :(

the_kid
Feb 22 2005, 11:03 AM
Stay in ADV don't go with the old guys quite yet. :D:D

HFDS184
Feb 28 2005, 05:13 PM
Hmm...only a month away. And this one marks daylight savings time. Every disc golfer has gotta love that. I guess I'll have to bring my own caddy this year.

jakewalsdorf
Feb 28 2005, 06:10 PM
No caddies this year? :(

the_kid
Feb 28 2005, 10:01 PM
I might be playing up in this one. The only thing is that I can't play in the pro skins if I qualify. :confused: :D:confused:

Mar 01 2005, 01:35 AM
Should be up on titledisc in the next couple of days - - anyone have a Nach disc golf contact for the guys up there???

smokingun1
Mar 01 2005, 02:02 AM
Mr. Hall, I am not certain if I want to donate to your cause.... :cool:

suemac
Mar 01 2005, 09:46 AM
Couldn't you play skins and donate any winnings to a named charity?

Mar 01 2005, 10:14 AM
****.. I miss this tourmeny again, I will be in Minnesota at that weekend for my Dad's suprise 60th b-day party, but as long I will still playing in a tourmey.. called Spring Discraft open, in Hasting, MN.

the_kid
Mar 01 2005, 11:22 AM
?????????? :confused:

Mar 01 2005, 12:07 PM
Hoping to make a return trip to Nach for this one, great courses, and a great Tournament......

suemac
Mar 01 2005, 12:08 PM
Do you not understand the question, Kid? Maybe you should spend a bit more time in those school books! :D

Would seem like you could ask that any winnings from skins be donated to Lance Armstrong Foundation or something like that. Don't know if that would be a way for you to get around the cash rule, but seems like it might. Worth looking at, IMO.

the_kid
Mar 01 2005, 02:13 PM
And that is the reason I went "????????????" because I wasn't sure if I am allowed to do that so chill. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Mar 01 2005, 02:44 PM
{Edited to remove complete misinformation}

suemac
Mar 02 2005, 09:27 AM
Dear Child,

We all know you have game, and it just seemed like it would be worth exploring, as we wouldn't want you to miss out on showcasing your abilities. YOU TALK BIG SO FIND A WAY TO WALK BIG.

Are you comfortable not getting the chance to play for skins? :(

Matt, you need to get back to that spelling book! LOL :D

the_kid
Mar 02 2005, 11:02 AM
Well I need to find a place to play pro before the NT in waco so I can get my entry covered. I would like to do it at the PPO but I kinda wanted to play in the AM skins. I could still be possible the top 4 AMs and I'm still an amatuer even if I play up. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

the_kid
Mar 02 2005, 11:04 AM
On the info sheet it says top 3 AMs regardless of division. :D:D

Mar 04 2005, 04:36 PM
LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER FOR THIS ONE!!!!

CANT WAIT TO RETURN TO THE PINEY WOODS!!!!!!

gnduke
Mar 04 2005, 04:58 PM
I would really like to be there to defend my title, but I've committed to other things. Keep the courses warm, I'll be back next year.

HFDS184
Mar 04 2005, 05:15 PM
Too bad, Gary. I need a roommate. Hey guys, I like to stay at the Best Western, Northpark when I play this tournament. It's on the northwest side of Nac and is a quieter, more woodsy area. Also only a mile or two from the place where they have the party. Anyone interested in sharing room? Gonna be a dog there. :)

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=44436

garywatts
Mar 04 2005, 08:50 PM
Hey Gimp when you gona update the website?? Cant wait to go,, got love those two courses....

Mar 06 2005, 05:54 PM
Web master for that site is MIA - all the information you need is at the top of the thread and titledisc should be up this week...

You must play in an AM division to be an AM in the skins match... Sorry Matt

jeterdawg
Mar 10 2005, 11:08 AM
Who all is planning on coming to this one? It's only a few weeks away!!!

Gimp, you gonna have any of the new Pro Starfires, Champ Gators, DX Orcs? How about any CFR discs?

Will Jim Bridges finally move up to advanced?

cgflesner
Mar 10 2005, 11:51 AM
Short term memery?

Did't you do the same thing in int? :D

atxdiscgolfer
Mar 10 2005, 11:57 AM
Already signed up,I couldnt miss this one.

jeterdawg
Mar 10 2005, 12:00 PM
Touch�...

I played my rating all year in 2004! I definitely should have played Advanced at the VPO and ZT10 final, but I really didn't get to play much last year, and didn't think I'd do so well. Now I am playing more and in advanced. Watch out because it might soon be open ;)

We had this discussion last year...Jim should have been playing in Advanced years ago. He stopped renewing his membership so that he wouldn't have a rating and could stay down in Intermediate. Jim's a nice guy, funny as hell at times, but he's good and needs to play up! Oh well...at least he wasn't beating the field by 10 strokes like someone else was a couple of years back...

Mar 10 2005, 12:09 PM
Jim definately has game......hope he is in advanced by now, the way he played the last year or two.....

Either way, it should be a great tournament, and fun for all!

I can hardly wait to return to the piney woods!

jeterdawg
Mar 10 2005, 12:14 PM
My fondest memory of Jim however was at States in 2003...it was that nasty Sunday (worst weather I've EVER tried to play in; rain POURING as we began and through the first 9 holes. On the 10th or so hole, Jim throws his favorite CE Valkyrie on an open hole, and can't find it. So he gets even more ****** (we were all hanging on to the last cashing spot barely) and quits the round to find his beloved Valk. He looked for 30 minutes or so to no avail. I'm not sure why he stuck around, but on the ace pot throw-off (since the one ace hit wasn't in the $1,000+ pot), Jim nails the basket and takes home half or so of the pot. I think he then may have found another CE Valkyrie. Irony at its best.

cgflesner
Mar 10 2005, 01:49 PM
ya, but I just skipped the Advanced division all together. :D

Mar 10 2005, 05:28 PM
Yep - I'll have the new plastic. GCCS CFR starfires too...

Titledisc entries are rolling in so sign up early and help a TD out :)

Jim played MA2 in a recent event somewhere I noticed - maybe a t-ten?

tbender
Mar 10 2005, 05:30 PM
Yeah, he played at Waco in INT.

Mar 11 2005, 04:06 PM
NOT SUPRISING.....

CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

bigbadude
Mar 14 2005, 01:59 PM
So is there a players list? or is it to soon to ask?

Mar 14 2005, 09:55 PM
Have around 8 through titledisc - I'll post one here when a few more tiltdisc entries come in :)

Mar 15 2005, 01:55 AM
The address for mailing your check in is John Edwards, 6014 Sanford, Houston, Texas 77096

All the information you need is at the top of the thread :) Getting LOTS of calls about this so it should, as always, be a nice field!

Mar 15 2005, 12:23 PM
ANY HOTEL DEALS WORKED OUT?

Mar 15 2005, 12:28 PM
Is there going to be Doubles on Friday?

What hole does Cong start on? :)

Mar 15 2005, 04:52 PM
There is never a hotel deal at Nach - the hotels are not helpful that way. Yes, there will be doubles. Cong starts on hole 10 at Pecan back in the corner... :O

atxdiscgolfer
Mar 15 2005, 06:37 PM
There is never a hotel deal at Nach - the hotels are not helpful that way. Yes, there will be doubles. Cong starts on hole 10 at Pecan back in the corner... :O

I used to work at what is now the comfort inn (maybe), at the time it was Holiday Inn and I know the owner very well.If enough people promised to stay there and booked a reservation with a credit card I may be able to get a hotel deal for everyone. He has always hooked me up before.

garywatts
Mar 15 2005, 06:53 PM
i am in,, hook a brother up.....

atxdiscgolfer
Mar 15 2005, 06:59 PM
whoever wants to stay at the comfort inn just off the loop send me a PM and I will contact the hotel owner this week, let me know soon though the guy owns about 75 hotels and is very busy. So far Gary Watts is on the list.

garywatts
Mar 15 2005, 07:15 PM
may need two rooms, still not sure how many of us are going.

jakewalsdorf
Mar 17 2005, 11:17 AM
Looking forward to this tourney. Reunion tourney in a sense.

Any chance of having caddies this year?

the_kid
Mar 17 2005, 11:18 AM
I'll caddy for you for $150. :D:D

jakewalsdorf
Mar 17 2005, 11:29 AM
I'll caddy for you for $150. :D:D

Play up, and you could earn that cash on your own... /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

bigbadude
Mar 17 2005, 11:57 AM
Gimp I'll be there friday morning I will pay my entry fee then Thanks. :cool:

the_kid
Mar 17 2005, 02:03 PM
Well at this point I am going to play up at PPO and decline. :D:D

garywatts
Mar 17 2005, 06:18 PM
is this still a go??? pm the number and price please.. thanks gary

I used to work at what is now the comfort inn (maybe), at the time it was Holiday Inn and I know the owner very well.If enough people promised to stay there and booked a reservation with a credit card I may be able to get a hotel deal for everyone. He has always hooked me up before.

Mar 17 2005, 10:54 PM
We need to get more RSVP's before we call and work the deal. Obviously if the deal is not a good one people can back out. We plan on contacting the owner by the end of next week, so anyone who would like a room for what should be a good price, shoot me an email by the first of next week! :D

smokingun1
Mar 17 2005, 10:58 PM
Glad to hear it!!!!!!! Just signed up Gimp. If I am still having ankle and rib issues, how late can I change to ADV MASTER??? :cool:

the_kid
Mar 17 2005, 11:18 PM
Hey I can always move back down on saturday. I like to call it my own little Adv field trap. :D:D

Mar 17 2005, 11:48 PM
Everyone stand back!!!! His heads gonna blow !!!! :D

the_kid
Mar 17 2005, 11:50 PM
Hey at least I might trick Charles. :D:D

the_kid
Mar 17 2005, 11:52 PM
Are you going to play this one Scott? :confused: :confused:

Mar 17 2005, 11:57 PM
Doesnt look like I am going to be able to :(

the_kid
Mar 18 2005, 12:02 AM
Bummer :confused: :confused:

Mar 18 2005, 02:20 PM
You really want me to change you to Pro on the list Matt?

Here is an ealry list...

<table border="1"><tr><td> Charles</td><td>Cox, III</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Robbie</td><td>Schroeder</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Tony</td><td>Bender</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Brian</td><td>Pearson</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Matt</td><td>Hall</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Todd</td><td>Brigance</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Ed</td><td>Morgan</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Joe </td><td>Herndon</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>John</td><td>Conger</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Dustin</td><td>Galmore</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Kevin </td><td>Willis</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>John</td><td>Edwards</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Daniel</td><td>Showman</td><td>ma3
</td></tr><tr><td>Sawn</td><td>Rose</td><td>ma3
</td></tr><tr><td>Robert</td><td>Schroeder</td><td>mg1
</td></tr><tr><td>Cecil</td><td>Larkin</td><td>mm1
</td></tr><tr><td>Jake</td><td>Walsdorf</td><td>mm1
</td></tr><tr><td>Louis</td><td>Hall</td><td>mm1
</td></tr><tr><td>Khali</td><td>Mendoza</td><td>mpg
</td></tr><tr><td>Ron</td><td>Klein</td><td>mpm
</td></tr><tr><td>Joe </td><td>Hague</td><td>MPO
</td></tr><tr><td>Michael</td><td>Ynfante</td><td>mpo
</td></tr><tr><td>Lee</td><td>DeForke</td><td>mpo
</td></tr><tr><td> </tr></td></table>

the_kid
Mar 18 2005, 02:21 PM
I don't know yet but most likely

cgflesner
Mar 18 2005, 02:31 PM
cool, I like to see those donators in the open field. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Mar 20 2005, 12:08 AM
Here is an ealry list...

<table border="1"><tr><td> Charles</td><td>Cox, III</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Robbie</td><td>Schroeder</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Tony</td><td>Bender</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Brian</td><td>Pearson</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Matt</td><td>Hall</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Todd</td><td>Brigance</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Ed</td><td>Morgan</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Joe </td><td>Herndon</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>John</td><td>Conger</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Dustin</td><td>Galmore</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Kevin </td><td>Willis</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>John</td><td>Edwards</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Daniel</td><td>Showman</td><td>ma3
</td></tr><tr><td>Sawn</td><td>Rose</td><td>ma3
</td></tr><tr><td>Robert</td><td>Schroeder</td><td>mg1
</td></tr><tr><td>Cecil</td><td>Larkin</td><td>mm1
</td></tr><tr><td>Jake</td><td>Walsdorf</td><td>mm1
</td></tr><tr><td>Louis</td><td>Hall</td><td>mm1
</td></tr><tr><td>Khali</td><td>Mendoza</td><td>mpg
</td></tr><tr><td>Ron</td><td>Klein</td><td>mpm
</td></tr><tr><td>Joe </td><td>Hague</td><td>MPO
</td></tr><tr><td>Michael</td><td>Ynfante</td><td>mpo
</td></tr><tr><td>Lee</td><td>DeForke</td><td>mpo

No Fatboy???

:eek:

Say it aint so!!!!

bigbadude
Mar 21 2005, 02:14 PM
Pro Masters David Vaughan, Jerry Perez (maybe open) and Chris Ware? sign-ups coming in?

james_mccaine
Mar 21 2005, 02:18 PM
Ware is eligible for masters? I am considering going up there but also might play open. How about Randy and Jay?

seewhere
Mar 21 2005, 03:35 PM
not yet 1.5 years than I am. He is saying I am a maybe for the tourney.

jakewalsdorf
Mar 22 2005, 10:29 AM
Bump....

Locals.... How is the course lookin? Been wet? All the baskets still there?

jeterdawg
Mar 22 2005, 11:36 AM
Who all is planning to go down to Nac from Dallas? I might need to drive/ride with some folks since the guys I was planning on traveling with bailed on me. I would really hate to miss this one! Anyone interested? It would make gas and hotel cheaper!

bigbadude
Mar 22 2005, 11:54 AM
I went ahead and sign up on titledisc. I'm in :cool:

Mar 22 2005, 12:19 PM
Good Job Jerry, one less person I have to get signed up that Saturday morning...

/msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

bigbadude
Mar 22 2005, 12:26 PM
You would of had to sign me up on friday morning, because thats when I should get there(10:00am.)

bigbadude
Mar 22 2005, 12:27 PM
I need this weekend off my elbow is killing me

seewhere
Mar 22 2005, 02:05 PM
its called OLD age!! :D Did you ever find me a pro line Firebird for the CE spider you got from me?

the_kid
Mar 22 2005, 02:07 PM
So there will probably be 4 masters and four in open. :confused: :D:confused:

bigbadude
Mar 22 2005, 04:38 PM
Maybe more Masters than open player, thats how it was last year. Ware I have a 167 pro line firechicken.

garywatts
Mar 22 2005, 04:52 PM
what time will doubles be on friday???

bigbadude
Mar 22 2005, 04:56 PM
Flex start on doubles.

seewhere
Mar 22 2005, 04:57 PM
too light keep looking thanks.

bigbadude
Mar 22 2005, 04:58 PM
Ware I thought you gave me that pink spider? I have to check my stacks of discs.

garywatts
Mar 22 2005, 05:04 PM
so is there a Hotel deal yet???

Gimp I will be mailing you a check today..

bigbadude
Mar 22 2005, 05:13 PM
go to bestwestern.com

seewhere
Mar 22 2005, 05:14 PM
ah okay. :o was already drinking that early

Hello out there!!!

It has been a while since the last update because my life has been CRAZY!!!

The good news is the TeamDisaster.com Pecan Park Open is JUST around the corner NEXT weekend - - April 2nd and 3rd. There are changes this year for sure with the TDPPO, but this event takes place on two VERY fun courses, and Team Disaster runs efficient, fun laid back events with good payout. Come out and join us for what should be a GREAT weekend of golf!

NOTE: Please ask all questions directly to me at [email protected] or on the message board threads. The old PPO site is now out of my control and will not be updated.

I need to get some significant information out there so PAY ATTENTION! :)

HOTEL DEAL! Joe Herndon has agreed to work a hotel deal for us at the Comfort Inn at end of the week. The more tentative reservations we can give the lower the price will be. Shoot me an email before Wednesday and we will work the deal out and send you an email back with the details. (you are under no obligation to take it, but please only email me if you plan on taking it if it is a decent deal - - yea I am rambling!)

SEND THE EMAIL RIGHT NOW TO [email protected] (I already have the Hitchcock Boys down!)

By going to titledisc.com at: http://titledisc.com/Events/ppo_05.php

Or you can mail your entry to:

John Edwards

6014 Sanford

Houston, Texas 77096

Or sign up on the day of the event by the 9:00 cutoff. Help out the TD�s and sign up early, but EVERYONE who gets there before 9:00 will have a spot in the tournament!

I have included GCCS Finale details below after the TeamDisaster.com PPO information.

Teamdisaster.com Pecan Park Open SPONSORSHIP!

Currently the added players pack, the tee shirts and all the skins are being covered through the Title Sponsor, TeamDisaster.com. We obviously can use YOUR help. If you would like to participate in this great event, you will get TONS of publicity at the event. Bring some plastic for the raffle or donate in other ways. Every little bit helps! Let me know a head of time and you will have a FABULOUS sponsor sign at the event :) Contact me directly if you would like to help. Your help is needed to keep this event strong for the future!

Tournament Details!

6th Annual TeamDisaster.com Pecan Park Open

Hosted by Team Disaster

Team Disaster is proud to announce the 6th Annual Pecan Park Open, April 2nd and 3rd (PDGA AM-B/Pro-C). The PPO will once again feature four rounds on the beautiful Nacogdoches, Texas courses of Pecan and Pioneer Park. Following the tournament we will have a six-hole Pro/AM skins match featuring the top 4 pros of the weekend (lowest score regardless of division), the top 3 AMS of the weekend (lowest score regardless of division) PLUS the BIG RAFFLE WINNER!

TitleDisc.com registration will be up in the next few weeks. In the meantime, you can pre-register by mailing your name, phone number, pdga number, address, and a check to: John Edwards, 6014 Sanford, Houston, Texas 77096 (make checks payable to John Edwards).

Team Disaster is very pleased to be picking up a tournament with the tradition that the PPO has. The event is going to be just as fun as ever, so please be sure to save the date and register early.

- All AMs who register by March 25th will receive a Tournament T-shirt in addition to their players pack

- Everyone plays 4 full rounds of 18 holes (2 rounds each on Pecan Park and Pioneer Park)

Divisions:

Open - $62

Pro Women - $52

Masters - $52

Advanced Women - $48

Advanced Masters - $48

Advanced Men - $48

Intermediate Men - $38

Recreational Men - $33

Recreational Women - $33

Optional Ace Pot - $5

We will open any division in addition to these that has 4 or more pre-registered players by March 25th

SKINS!

The format will be best-shot doubles. All score ties to determine skins participants will be broken with sudden death playoffs. Each of the six holes will be worth $25 each (cash to the pro/merchandise to the AM).

For an optional $5 you may count this event as one of your GCCS qualifiers to qualify for the bonus payout at the Finale ($3 to the bonus, $2 to the food bank). You will not receive GCCS points for this event.

For more information please contact John �Gimp� Edwards III directly at [email protected] or 832-279-8084.

DISCGOLFSTORE.COM GULF CHAMPIONSHIP FINALE � APRIL 23RD

While the bonus qualified golfers will be the only ones playing for the added cash at the finale, ANYONE CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE REGULAR B-TIER portion of the event. We have left the costs at the same affordable price as the qualifiers and this should be a GREAT weekend to play Tom Bass. Also don�t forget to play in the bring your partner C-tier doubles the next day!

The event will be up on Titledisc in the next few days! Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Mar 22 2005, 10:06 PM
LOL - - never had someone else post it before me :)

We will have someone out there taking signups for doubles starting at 4:00. Look for Dan Showman (Thanks for the help Dam!). It will be the standard one round bring your partner doubles. Pro $15 per person, AM, ADV, REC $10 per person.

The last signup time will be dictated by daylight and when Dan�s team starts, so show up early to play!

Mar 22 2005, 11:11 PM
Nothing to hide with this event (it should be great anyway) - - a pro asked about skins and here is my response which has a little more background. Let me know if anyone has questions.

Hey Jay - - the $25 cash is the PRO portion of the skins - the am would pick up $25 merchandise. The payout will be 100% after PDGA fees for the regular pro tournament (yes c-tier), there is not even a charity donation mixed in, so you are looking at 100% payback on pro plus $150 added to the skins.

All of this was dropped in my lap this year when the APO dropped it, so currently I am the only sponsor. The guy who was going to help me from last year dropped off the face of the earth (great) leaving the old ppo website with bad information and me without even a sponsor list. I have gotten with the locals so it should be better next year.

On the am side the players pack will be added on top of 100% entry payback. Should still be a fun event with good payout for pros and ams.

Gimp

jakewalsdorf
Mar 23 2005, 10:34 AM
To further the skins discussion:

The top 3 Pros will play a doubles best shot 6 hole skins round partnering up with the 3 top Am. players.

Can I get a comformation? Or at least a hell yeah. :p

Weather looking good Chris?

heavyvynyl
Mar 23 2005, 11:16 AM
Gimp, am I qualified for the bonus at the final in Houston??? I played 3 GCCS events, is that all I need? I am debating on attending this event and am wondering if I need to part with another $5.

thanks

Olse

seewhere
Mar 23 2005, 12:02 PM
yes Jake weather looks good
Fri
Hi 76�F
Lo 57�F
Precip
0 %

Sat
Hi 73�F
Lo 51�F

Sunday
Hi 74�F
Lo 51�F

jakewalsdorf
Mar 23 2005, 01:03 PM
I am debating on attending this event

Olse

MIke? You should plan to attend and bring our buddy Dan.

Mar 23 2005, 01:15 PM
Nope if you have played three you could keep your $5 you are already qualified for the GCCS bonus :D

Top FOUR pro scores playing best shot doubles with the top three AM scores plus the RAFFLE winner :)

6 holes with each hole worth $25 to the pro and $25 in merch to the AM (yes I could use some merch sponsors :cool:)

Don�t know how well that skins format will work, but it should be interesting.

bigbadude
Mar 23 2005, 02:34 PM
I see all the skins pushing in doubles then a split with all players

jeterdawg
Mar 23 2005, 03:50 PM
Crap, didn't even think about it that way. Doubles skins...unless you're playing San Saba, it does seem like a Pro/Am style like that would push all the holes. Oh well. The $37.50 everyone would get if that happened basically lets those who are in the skins get their entries back on top of winnings. Are the skins holes going to be safari style or some of the actual holes?

bigbadude
Mar 23 2005, 04:08 PM
Unless you make it like alternating shot? or worst shot? something like that with a twist.

bigbadude
Mar 23 2005, 04:10 PM
it has been safari holes.

Mar 23 2005, 04:25 PM
Based on the excellent suggestion of a message board poster at PDGA.com the skins match will use the alternating shot format. This should make things MUCH more interesting. Starting on hole one the PRO member of the team will shoot first in it will alternate every shot after that. If the Pro putts out, the AM will drive on the next hole.

We will use safari holes.

Mar 23 2005, 04:28 PM
cool, concept. now to get to play the doubles skins is another ball park

jeterdawg
Mar 23 2005, 04:31 PM
To even get into the tournament is a pain for me...I'm not even in the league let alone the ballpark. Gimp, I'll let you know on Friday whether I can be there or not. Would hate to miss this one, especially with super safari skin doubles following the match!

Mar 23 2005, 04:43 PM
Speaking as a raffle winning skinz participant at the PIAC a couple years ago (not doubles) I can tell you that it is quite an experience for an Am player! It is quite the experience to play in front of a gallery and of course the raffle winner is the crowd favorote!! For an Am player it is something you REALLY want to experience, so I suggest you buy as many raffle tickets as you can afford.

Btw, Gimp is an EVIL man, you can rest assured that the skins holes are gonna be BRUTAL!!

bigbadude
Mar 23 2005, 05:43 PM
That sounds fair alternating shot for the skins, can't wait the skins field is even :cool:

Mar 23 2005, 06:22 PM
Is that a called shot into the skins match Jerry?

bigbadude
Mar 23 2005, 06:45 PM
I hope so I've been in the skins twice, I hope the third time is the CHARM$$$ :D( 1st. time $25.00 2nd. time $00.00 :()

Mar 23 2005, 07:29 PM
We'll Jerry if you make it this time you will AT LEAST get a hand shake from the TD :D

Mar 23 2005, 08:55 PM
OK the hotel deal is not as sweet as we had hoped, but this is a decent hotel with a heated indoor pool and free breakfast. The $52 a night price is $8 less than the standard $60 price and $3 less than the Internet price.

Comfort Inn Nacogdoches
936-569-8100 3400 South St
Nacogdoches, TX Map

You have to ask for Jessica and let her know that you are coming for the disc golf tournament. She works during the day. We will be playing poker Friday and Saturday night, so if you are in on that you may want to stay at the Comfort Inn.

bigbadude
Mar 24 2005, 12:26 PM
That hand shake will come with some cash :)

bigbadude
Mar 24 2005, 12:53 PM
Just reserved my room at the Comfort Inn. :cool:

jakewalsdorf
Mar 24 2005, 01:22 PM
We will be playing poker Friday and Saturday night, so

Gimp, Are you staying in one of the "suite" poker rooms. ;)

bigbadude
Mar 24 2005, 01:53 PM
So what time are we starting this poker game? your room Gimp.

Mar 24 2005, 02:46 PM
After dinner on Friday - after the players party on Saturday so lets say tentatively - 7:30 Friday, 9:00 Saturday. Friendly Texas Holdem tournament $10 buy in, one $10 rebuy or add on if needed both nights. Call me to get the room number closer to the time - 832-279-8084 - - bring a chair.

bigbadude
Mar 24 2005, 02:55 PM
Players Party sat. night I can remember getting to our room like 2:30am.poker, after the party. friday night for sure.

Alacrity
Mar 24 2005, 04:44 PM
I am sorry, I have not been following this thread and just signed up.

Will we have co-ed caddies??? (Not that I will use one, I am a cart guy.)

Will there be doubles? (Not that I will play)

And lastly, have you got an up to date players list? (Not that you will post)

Jerry

27dogs
Mar 24 2005, 09:30 PM
i think jerry is getting a little t.d. revenge here :D

Alacrity
Mar 25 2005, 12:47 AM
No, I am not trying to get any revenge. These are just the same questions that players ask and since I have not been keeping up with this thread I thought I would get a synopsis.

i think jerry is getting a little t.d. revenge here :D

Mar 25 2005, 02:45 AM
We will have someone out there taking signups for doubles starting at 4:00. Look for Dan Showman (Thanks for the help Dam!). It will be the standard one round bring your partner doubles. Pro $15 per person, AM, ADV, REC $10 per person.

The last signup time will be dictated by daylight and when Dan�s team starts, so show up early to play!

No caddies this year... :(

jakewalsdorf
Mar 25 2005, 10:12 AM
Frank and Jerry - will your names be added to the players list?

bigbadude
Mar 25 2005, 02:29 PM
So is there gonna be a post with an up date on the players list?

Alacrity
Mar 26 2005, 02:36 PM
Jake,

Yes mine will be. See you next weekend.

Jerry

Frank and Jerry - will your names be added to the players list?

seewhere
Mar 27 2005, 11:09 PM
How many HRS is NAC from Austin?

atxdiscgolfer
Mar 27 2005, 11:48 PM
4 hours away (71 E. to Hwy 21 to hwy 7 in Crockett to Nacogdoches) courses are worth the drive.

seewhere
Mar 27 2005, 11:49 PM
thanks

james_mccaine
Mar 28 2005, 10:46 AM
Ware, my experience with that drive is to take take 290 to 21 and go by Bryan/Collie Station and up to Crockett. Going out through Taylor and all those freakin towns was a nightmare.

ZCRUSHER
Mar 28 2005, 12:03 PM
Is there any kind of updated players List?

Mar 28 2005, 12:11 PM
OK, THE WAITING IS ALMOST OVER!!!!

Hope to see all of you guys in Nacogdoches this weekend!!!!

:cool:

bigbadude
Mar 28 2005, 12:16 PM
No way James the fastest way is 35 north to Waco then over to Nac. ( hwy 6)

vinnie
Mar 28 2005, 12:17 PM
faster yes and all the head on crosses on the side of the road are cool to look :o

vinnie
Mar 28 2005, 12:18 PM
Ware!
They don't play that open container thing!!!!
And I hope you cash......I would hate to see you trying to find a ride home :D

bigbadude
Mar 28 2005, 12:20 PM
Vinnie come on just because your on a first name bases with the State Tropers. :D:Das for the crosses, just watch where you pass!

james_mccaine
Mar 28 2005, 12:24 PM
Chris, don't listen to him, he's getting old and losing it.

By the way, I'm talking about Jerry and his directions, although the statement also applies to Vinnie. ;)

bigbadude
Mar 28 2005, 12:31 PM
Ware ain't going

Mar 28 2005, 12:41 PM
Cong, when are you going up there? Is there camping near. IS it far from Houston and how do you get to the park? help

Mar 28 2005, 12:49 PM
anyone up for a carpool from Houston?

ZCRUSHER
Mar 28 2005, 12:55 PM
I'm coming up from College Station 21 through Crockett but i also need some help getting to the actual Park?

Players List>?

jeterdawg
Mar 28 2005, 01:05 PM
Robbie, you've got a PM

jakewalsdorf
Mar 28 2005, 01:30 PM
anyone up for a carpool from Houston?

Michael and me are going up Friday morning around 10am. You could ride with us. We are staying at the Comfort Inn.

bigbadude
Mar 28 2005, 01:53 PM
So how many more sign-ups came in over the weekend?

Mar 28 2005, 01:55 PM
darn, I don't think I can get out that early :( Maybe I can hook up with you at the comfort inn

bigbadude
Mar 28 2005, 02:08 PM
So far it looks like great weather for the weekend :cool:come on friday.

jakewalsdorf
Mar 28 2005, 02:14 PM
So far it looks like great weather for the weekend :cool:come on friday.

Amen brother Ben, ( I mean brother Jerry)

Matchu, you needing someone to split the room cost with?

Mar 28 2005, 03:26 PM
CHU,

PLANNING ON HEADING OUT 2:30-3PM....QUITE POSSIBLY FROM GUNSPOINT AREA........(GREENSPOINT) THOUGH MIGHT HAVE TO GO TO THE HOUSE, I HOPE NOT TO HAVE TO....YOU CAN CATH A RIDE WITH ME, IF YOU NEED TO.....WE CAN WORK OUT THE DETAILS VIA PM.....

Mar 28 2005, 03:30 PM
Jake, yes I can split some cost, only if Mike brings his wooden box.
Cong sounds good to me! will pm later after my bm lol

Mar 28 2005, 04:16 PM
I'll get a players list up in the next day or so. More entries came in over the weekend. Based on the amount of calls and emails I am answering, I would expect we will be right around that 100 number from last year. Should be a great weekend!

Poker Friday night,

UNC in the final 4 Sat. night - - golf all day Sat and Sunday!

Mar 28 2005, 06:40 PM
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK JOHN!!!!!

FIGURED YOUR UNC LOVE WOULD SHOW UP ON THIS THREAD.......

unclemilty
Mar 28 2005, 11:05 PM
I think somebody asked earlier, but is anyone aware of camping in the nearby area?

the_kid
Mar 28 2005, 11:13 PM
It will be nice to see you again Chad. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

unclemilty
Mar 28 2005, 11:55 PM
Yes, I don't get the opportunity much anymore to get to tournaments being in the Army and all, but keep hearing great comments about these courses and recruited two newbys to join in on the fun. Fort Polk is about 2 hours (I think) from Nac. I see you have been doing well in the last few tourneys you've played. Nice! :cool:

unclemilty
Mar 28 2005, 11:57 PM
Anybody know the driving distance between courses?

the_kid
Mar 28 2005, 11:59 PM
About 5 minutes and 7 blocks or so. :D:D

Mar 29 2005, 04:23 AM
Here is who we have so far...

http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=5053

I know we have several different groups coming from Dallas, Austin, Houston and Louisiana that are not signed up yet. Everyone who gets there by 9:00 will have a spot in the AM B-tier/Pro C-tier event!

gnduke
Mar 29 2005, 04:26 AM
Have a great event, I wish I could have been there.

Mar 29 2005, 04:49 AM
OK - - I hope some of you can make it out this weekend for what should be a GREAT weekend of golf. Here is who we have so far (49 people)...

I know we have several different groups coming from Dallas, Austin, Houston and Louisiana that are not signed up yet. Everyone who gets there by 9:00 will have a spot in this AM B-tier/Pro C-tier event!

EVERYONE WILL MEET AT PECAN PARK SATURDAY MORNING. SIGN UP BY 9:00 PLAYERS MEETING AT APPROXIMATELY 9:30.

Look for information below about the GCCS Finale and the BMDS Finale!

HOTEL INFORMATION

Anyone who would like to play poker Friday night give a call on the Cell phone to find out what room to meet at (8:00ish). We will be at the player�s party watching Basketball and drinking Saturday night ;-)

VOLUNTEER AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNIES

Anyone who wants to help out either day, we can always use and extra hand. Be sure to ask one of the TD�s what you can do to help. If you would like to sponsor, shoot me an email or just bring stuff with you! :)

PECAN PARK GENERAL INFORMATION
6th Annual TeamDisaster.com Pecan Park Open
Hosted by Team Disaster

The good news is the TeamDisaster.com Pecan Park Open is JUST around the corner NEXT weekend - - April 2nd and 3rd. There are changes this year for sure with the TDPPO, but this event takes place on two VERY fun courses, and Team Disaster runs efficient, fun laid back events with good payout. Come out and join us for what should be a GREAT weekend of golf!

NOTE: Please ask all questions directly to me at [email protected] or on the message board threads. The old PPO site is now out of my control and will not be updated.

Titledisc is still open - - Help us out and sign up EARLY!

By going to titledisc.com at: http://titledisc.com/Events/ppo_05.php

Help out the TD�s and sign up early, but EVERYONE who gets there before 9:00 will have a spot in the tournament!

Team Disaster is proud to announce the 6th Annual Pecan Park Open, April 2nd and 3rd (PDGA AM-B/Pro-C). The PPO will once again feature four rounds on the beautiful Nacogdoches, Texas courses of Pecan and Pioneer Park. Following the tournament we will have a six-hole Pro/AM skins match featuring the top 4 pros of the weekend (lowest score regardless of division), the top 3 AMS of the weekend (lowest score regardless of division) PLUS the BIG RAFFLE WINNER!

Divisions:
Open - $62
Pro Women - $52
Masters - $52
Advanced Women - $48
Advanced Masters - $48
Advanced Men - $48
Intermediate Men - $38
Recreational Men - $33
Recreational Women - $33
Optional Ace Pot - $5

SKINS!

DISCGOLFSTORE.COM GULF CHAMPIONSHIP FINALE � APRIL 23RD

While the bonus qualified golfers will be the only ones playing for the added cash at the finale, ANYONE CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE REGULAR B-TIER portion of the event. We have left the costs at the same affordable price as the qualifiers and this should be a GREAT weekend to play Tom Bass. Also don�t forget to play in the bring your partner C-tier doubles the next day! Brad has promised that titledisc.com will be up ASAP.

BIG MONEY DOUBLES FINALE � April 24th

Be there to sign up by 9:00.

Fun C-tier sanctioned bring your partner doubles!

All AM Divisions, $22 per person ($44 per team)

All Pro Divisions, $33 per person ($66 per team)

One round of best shot, one round of the NASTY 6-6-6 format!

Everyone who participates will be eligible for the added payout from earlier this year!

unclemilty
Mar 29 2005, 10:02 AM
Hey Gimp,
As I mentioned earlier I will be bringing 2 guys that are new to the game and 1 of them is not a PDGA member. He can just pay the extra $5 and still play in the rec division right? I know this is how it used to be, but wanted to make sure it didn't change.

cgflesner
Mar 29 2005, 10:22 AM
thought you were playing open in this one matt.

the_kid
Mar 29 2005, 10:59 AM
What's the point with only three pros signed up? :confused: :confused:

bigbadude
Mar 29 2005, 12:07 PM
you know open players always waiting to sign up at the last minute :D

Mar 29 2005, 12:15 PM
TRUE 'DAT!!!!

LONG BM THERE CHU......

:D

Mar 29 2005, 12:18 PM
email me your agenda conger and where I am to meet you on Friday. I got your gas on the way up, sound cool?

let me clarify, gas for your car.. ok

gnduke
Mar 29 2005, 12:22 PM
If you are declining cash, wouldn't it be better to play in a small field ? Less potential cash to turn down. :cool:

bigbadude
Mar 29 2005, 01:16 PM
Is Jack Camp SKEERED to go pro grandmasters?What a BAGGER!! :D

lauranovice
Mar 29 2005, 01:19 PM
I'm signing Ken Cantrell up on titledisc this afternoon. He mentioned that he would like some sort of guarantee that there won't be another tornado touching down on his car this time. :D

the_kid
Mar 29 2005, 01:58 PM
I want to play up for the comp but why do it when I can get just as much in ADV? I mean I think a 20+ adv field is better than playing with 5 pros. I will be at the NT though. :D:D

Mar 29 2005, 01:59 PM
Well this IS a Team Disaster event, so maybe John should look both ways before crossing the road :D

Yes, you can pay the $5 non-pdga fee if you are not current or have never been a member.

There were a few mistakes in the Spam last night, so look for another in the next day or so. Remember doubles Friday night and the skins are now ALT. shot :o

cgflesner
Mar 29 2005, 02:06 PM
I know there will be at least 10 in open, but for some reason most open players don't sign up untill the day before.

Mar 29 2005, 02:07 PM
With players packs, shirts, and the skins there is over 1,500 being added to this event through Team Disaster sponsorship...

Mar 29 2005, 02:08 PM
Just got a call about two Pro Masters who are going to be there...

We will also have a Open Woman playing in one of the AM divisions :)

bigbadude
Mar 29 2005, 02:10 PM
More Masters than Open players again.

Mar 29 2005, 02:21 PM
I think the Masters players are just the ones bothering to pre-reg :D

heavyvynyl
Mar 29 2005, 04:19 PM
mccaine, steve hemmy, and myself will be there on friday to sign up. i hope mccaine plays open but no guarantees. you know how those old folks are, once they hit 40 the excuses seem to come easier...........must be all the wisdom they've gained through the years

Mar 29 2005, 04:48 PM
The over 40 guys just have their Finances more in line, and dont have to wait till the Friday before USUALLY, to know if they are going to play.......

For the most part anyway...... ;)

Mar 29 2005, 11:30 PM
Well, out of respect for people�s inboxes I try not to send too much stuff out for each event. Yesterday, I composed that email pretty late last and missed two important pieces of information and forgot to update the skins format.

Please accept my apologies for the extra note :)

Gimp

FRIDAY AFTERNOON DOUBLES

Doubles will start around 4:00 (maybe a little earlier). Look for Dan Showman (Thanks for the help Dam!). It will be the standard one round bring your partner best shot doubles.

Pro $15 per person
AM, ADV, REC $10 per person

Pays top 1/3rd

HOTEL INFORMATION

OK the hotel deal is not as sweet as we had hoped, but this is a decent hotel with a heated indoor pool and free breakfast. The $52 a night price is $8 less than the standard $60 price and $3 less than the Internet price.

Comfort Inn Nacogdoches
Nacogdoches, TX Map

You have to ask for Jessica and let her know that you are coming for the disc golf tournament. She works during the day. We will be playing poker Friday and Saturday night, so if you are in on that you may want to stay at the Comfort Inn.

SKINS FORMAT CHANGE

Someone suggested that the skins may take forever with eight people playing on one card (best shot). We are now putting MUCH more pressure on the AMS and playing ALTERNATE SHOT! Starting on hole one, the PRO member of the team will shoot first and it will alternate every shot after that. If the Pro putts out, the AM will drive on the next hole.

This should be a BLAST with many pressure putts for everyone. Don�t forget to buy raffle tickets to help support the tournament and to win your way into the big SKINS match!

smokingun1
Mar 30 2005, 02:55 AM
Salutations T.D. Edwards,
If I changed my mind and wanted to play with my old fart-brethren, would I be allowed to? I find myself currently on the fence regarding which div I stand to learn the most from. I have not made a fianl decision yet, but wanted to see if the option was open. If you choose to entertain my request, when is the latest you need to know by?

Your Pal

Charles W. Cox III, esquire :cool:

jamie
Mar 30 2005, 08:52 AM
Shreveport will be bringing 2 open, 1 adv, and 1 am for sure. We possibly may have a pro master or two. See Ya Friday. Pece

suemac
Mar 30 2005, 09:38 AM
Hey John, what's a woman doing at your event this weekend?

She doesn't like playing with girls?

She's going to be missing all the fun, IMO.

Good luck to all you guys this weekend, I know I wish these events were on different weekends! Maybe next year?

tbender
Mar 30 2005, 10:56 AM
Tell Vinnie to move his event... :)

tbender
Mar 30 2005, 10:57 AM
If I changed my mind and wanted to play with my old fart-brethren, would I be allowed to? I find myself currently on the fence regarding which div I stand to learn the most from. I have not made a fianl decision yet, but wanted to see if the option was open. If you choose to entertain my request, when is the latest you need to know by?

Your Pal

Translation: I am Skeered.

vinnie
Mar 30 2005, 11:15 AM
Bender!
Shut your donkey!
where is that middle finger picture, I got it somewhere......never mind .........just shut your donkey

bigbadude
Mar 30 2005, 12:00 PM
So Gimp, about 8-10 masters, not bad.

jeterdawg
Mar 30 2005, 12:44 PM
Alternate translation: I'd like to sandbag, please!

Charles, going by ratings alone, you'd be 3rd in Adv, and 1st in OMB. You should play where you have to try a little. ;)

My new goal for the year is to raise my rating to higher than Charlene's.

suemac
Mar 30 2005, 01:04 PM
Tony, you're real funny. Think I'll just throw up. :D

slowmo_1
Mar 30 2005, 01:46 PM
still don't know about this one. I'll have to pay bills when I get paid tomorrow to see if there is extra. Hopefully I"ll be able to make it.

Mar 30 2005, 02:18 PM
You can crash on our floor if you can find a spot Slowmo.

Yes Charles, just see me before the 9:00 am cut off.

Suemac - go back to your thread... (She is coming from the wrong direction btw lmao)

Mar 30 2005, 02:20 PM
All right � Brad is sick so Titledisc is closed. LISTEN CAREFULLY - - IF YOU ARE THERE BY THE 9:00 AM SIGNUP CUT OFF AT PECAN PARK, YOU WILL HAVE A SPOT IN THIS EVENT.

Come out and celebrate as we �spring forward� Saturday night :)

YAY Disc golf on the weekdays again

james_mccaine
Mar 30 2005, 02:23 PM
Hey John, I signed up on Titledisc a couple of days ago. Is my entry secure without having to worry about signing up at the course?

jeterdawg
Mar 30 2005, 02:25 PM
Hey John, I signed up on Titledisc a couple of days ago. Is my entry secure without having to worry about signing up at the course?

Ditto for me...I think I signed up yesterday, me good?

Mar 30 2005, 02:37 PM
Yep ya'll were both in last nights batch...

lauranovice
Mar 30 2005, 04:09 PM
Is there a host hotel? Where is everyone staying? What is the best deal in town?

Mar 30 2005, 04:21 PM
Best deal I have heard is $35 on priceline...

HOTEL INFORMATION

Comfort Inn Nacogdoches
Nacogdoches, TX Map

Mar 30 2005, 04:36 PM
DONT BE LATE!!!!

BTW.....Did Brad take Titledisc back from Ben??

:confused:

Mar 30 2005, 04:41 PM
No Ben was sent overseas or something like that - bet he is BANKING!

9:00 SHARP!

bigbadude
Mar 30 2005, 05:09 PM
So how about a list of the early entree's, Thanks.

Mar 30 2005, 05:25 PM
Player list link below ...

bigbadude
Mar 30 2005, 05:25 PM
Thanks

bigbadude
Mar 30 2005, 05:28 PM
Thats the same old list is there an updated version?

Mar 30 2005, 05:30 PM
Well the updates are up to Gimp but if there is an update that link is where you'll find it :)

bigbadude
Mar 30 2005, 05:37 PM
right on.

Mar 30 2005, 06:50 PM
<table border="1"><tr><td> Alan</td><td>Wang</td><td>12902</td><td>871</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Charles</td><td>Cox, III</td><td>18539</td><td>931</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Robbie</td><td>Schroeder</td><td>16164</td><td>881</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Tony</td><td>Bender</td><td>19088</td><td>921</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Brian</td><td>Pearson</td><td>13723</td><td>936</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Matt</td><td>Hall</td><td>18133</td><td>958</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Joe </td><td>Herndon</td><td>23284</td><td>880</td><td>MA1
</td></tr><tr><td>JT</td><td>Peebles</td><td>20706</td><td>910</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Keith</td><td>Vest</td><td>21803</td><td>933</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Richard</td><td>Rasch</td><td>15699</td><td>920</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Daniel</td><td>Norman</td><td>16592</td><td>*</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Robbie</td><td>Bratten</td><td>21541</td><td>*</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Derek</td><td>Henry</td><td>23032</td><td>*</td><td>ma1
</td></tr><tr><td>Craig</td><td>Leiws</td><td>24429</td><td>?</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>John</td><td>Edwards</td><td>14245</td><td>910</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>John</td><td>Conger</td><td>15263</td><td>877</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Jack</td><td>Camp</td><td>11958</td><td>910</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Chris</td><td>Armintor</td><td>25604</td><td>872</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Michael </td><td>Strange</td><td>15742</td><td>909</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Jeremy</td><td>Youngblood</td><td>26186</td><td>*</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Andrew</td><td>Webster</td><td>18836</td><td>865</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Brian</td><td>Sudderth</td><td>*</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Lawrence</td><td>Nance</td><td>20696</td><td>899</td><td>MA2
</td></tr><tr><td>Todd</td><td>Brigance</td><td>24456</td><td>852</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Ed</td><td>Morgan</td><td>7359</td><td>898</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Dustin</td><td>Galmore</td><td>*</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Kevin </td><td>Willis</td><td>*</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>Matt</td><td>Roddgers</td><td>*</td><td>ma2
</td></tr><tr><td>David</td><td>Lightfoot</td><td>*</td><td>ma3
</td></tr><tr><td>David</td><td>Schoonover</td><td>*</td><td>ma3
</td></tr><tr><td>Brian</td><td>Eppink</td><td>25515</td><td>777</td><td>ma3
</td></tr><tr><td>Daniel</td><td>Showman</td><td>23917</td><td>859</td><td>ma3
</td></tr><tr><td>Sawn</td><td>Rose</td><td>*</td><td>ma3
</td></tr><tr><td>Neal</td><td>Martinez</td><td>25811</td><td>*</td><td>ma3
</td></tr><tr><td>Lyndon</td><td>Lightfoot</td><td>24389</td><td>820</td><td>MG1
</td></tr><tr><td>Robert</td><td>Schroeder</td><td>15141</td><td>778</td><td>mg1
</td></tr><tr><td>Gary</td><td>Watts</td><td>18004</td><td>894</td><td>mm1
</td></tr><tr><td>Alan</td><td>Jensen</td><td>6120</td><td>915</td><td>mm1
</td></tr><tr><td>Jerry</td><td>Power</td><td>4207</td><td>922</td><td>mm1
</td></tr><tr><td>Jack</td><td>Tabor</td><td>17991</td><td>915</td><td>mm1
</td></tr><tr><td>Richard</td><td>Lewis</td><td>15057</td><td>858</td><td>mm1
</td></tr><tr><td>Cecil</td><td>Larkin</td><td>15526</td><td>909</td><td>mm1
</td></tr><tr><td>Jake</td><td>Walsdorf</td><td>15467</td><td>901</td><td>mm1
</td></tr><tr><td>Louis</td><td>Hall</td><td>18132</td><td>903</td><td>mm1
</td></tr><tr><td>Leroy</td><td>McNamer</td><td>13442</td><td>*</td><td>mm1
</td></tr><tr><td>Khali</td><td>Mendoza</td><td>20270</td><td>899</td><td>mpg
</td></tr><tr><td>Kenny</td><td>Cantrell</td><td>12649</td><td>*</td><td>mpg
</td></tr><tr><td>David</td><td>Vaughan</td><td>6511</td><td>947</td><td>MPM
</td></tr><tr><td>Jerry</td><td>Perez</td><td>9957</td><td>967</td><td>MPM
</td></tr><tr><td>Ron</td><td>Klein</td><td>6950</td><td>955</td><td>mpm
</td></tr><tr><td>Lee</td><td>DeForke</td><td>11220</td><td>928</td><td>MPM
</td></tr><tr><td>Mark</td><td>Thomas</td><td>5084</td><td>*</td><td>mpm
</td></tr><tr><td>James</td><td>McCaine</td><td>4206</td><td>*</td><td>mpm
</td></tr><tr><td>Ryan</td><td>Lynch</td><td>*</td><td>MPO
</td></tr><tr><td>Joe </td><td>Hague</td><td>10375</td><td>973</td><td>MPO
</td></tr><tr><td>Michael</td><td>Ynfante</td><td>15596</td><td>935</td><td>mpo
</td></tr><tr><td>Steven</td><td>Lawdy</td><td>10761</td><td>*</td><td>mpo
</td></tr><tr><td>Chris</td><td>Flesner</td><td>21684</td><td>*</td><td>mpo
</td></tr><tr><td>Kenny</td><td>Gilbert</td><td>19160</td><td>*</td><td>mpo

Mar 30 2005, 06:52 PM
That is the last update before the tourney since titledisc is now closed. There by 9:00 means you are IN! - - I am guessing we will have around 100 when it is all said and done.

CYA there!

If you want in on Poker, call me Friday afternoon to get the room number. 832-279-8084

james_mccaine
Mar 30 2005, 07:03 PM
John, I'm pretty sure I signed up for open. Even if I screwed up, please move me to open.

Mar 30 2005, 07:10 PM
Done!

Mar 30 2005, 07:13 PM
Gimp, please take the D out of my last name and have a great day!

jeterdawg
Mar 30 2005, 07:20 PM
Come on Saturday, you can do it! Just a little faster!

garywatts
Mar 30 2005, 07:25 PM
tic toc tic toc tic toc

Mar 30 2005, 07:39 PM
For you Chu - I'll add and EXTRA "d" :D

jamie
Mar 30 2005, 11:51 PM
You can chalk up 2 pro masters from La. They should be there Sat morn. Still a possibility of a couple more.

smokingun1
Mar 31 2005, 12:44 AM

Your Pal

Translation: I am Skeered.

Mr. Bender, your Arce is mine.......... :cool:

smokingun1
Mar 31 2005, 12:59 AM
Ribs feel fine. I would recommend any in my field be wary...... :cool:

the_kid
Mar 31 2005, 01:12 AM
Of what your ribs cracking? :D:D

bigbadude
Mar 31 2005, 12:04 PM
More masters McCaine.

james_mccaine
Mar 31 2005, 02:02 PM
I am expecting more in the open division. Is smokin Joe gonna be there, or Predrito?

I know this is somewhere in this thread, but I am old and lazy. Which park is doubles at?, and at what time?

the_kid
Mar 31 2005, 02:12 PM
Oh yeah any one want to play Dubs(open)? From what I know Joe won't be there but no clue on anyone else. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

cgflesner
Mar 31 2005, 02:13 PM
If yall would all play open we could have around 25 or 30. :confused:

If farhman does not make it on friday I will play with ya.