Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Jan 19 2005, 12:11 PM
last year I dont think you had to from a certain place to play .I brought someone up who has never played and because some players didnt show he was allowed to play.

Jan 19 2005, 12:16 PM
well I guess Ill nominate myself as Team Captain
team as followed
Pro
skinny
zilla
dwayne
mookd or c mangus
Masters
glen h
kelly w
Advance
rick b
jesse b
jay l
russel s
Women
lisa v
who wants some?

Jan 19 2005, 12:17 PM
hvnaft
dont worry about the spelling I cant spell either.everyone still knows what you are saying..

johnbiscoe
Jan 19 2005, 02:49 PM
ideally, i would like to see teams maintain some local flavor but i will not exclude anyone from any team based on geography. i am currently recruiting ringers for team Home on the Range as well.

ronturner
Jan 19 2005, 04:08 PM
I would like to play on team NOVA and plan on it, but I know some of the top players from my area (Tony, Ted) are not going to play on that team.

I need to talk with Tommy about this....

So if you have a spot for me, I might be available I guess.

whorley
Jan 19 2005, 04:31 PM
C'mon Ronnie, wouldn't you rather play for a winner! Plus we need your handsome good looks to wrangle us a lady!

Jan 19 2005, 04:59 PM
yea and his rico swaveness, hes so cool calm and collected.he just likes the Browns :D

Jan 19 2005, 05:02 PM
winners werent yall first place losers :Dman that was last year this is a brand new one.team blue balls :Di mean ridge
I hear that a team raleigh might not be a big bird told me

johnbiscoe
Jan 21 2005, 11:31 AM
looks like my travelling plans may have to change :(

Jeff_Peters
Jan 21 2005, 11:31 AM
I'm preparing for slushy conditions at Appomattox on Saturday. Hopefully I can gain some points on those fair-weather golfers. :D

cbaines
Jan 21 2005, 11:43 AM
the richmond doubles tourney is gonna be a snowey mess so bring your boots and waterproof socks, and dont forget to bundle up its gonna be cold out there.

Chris Hysell
Jan 21 2005, 01:25 PM
The weather is gonna be awesome.

Jake L
Jan 21 2005, 01:41 PM
How'd the new 4 X 4 do last night?

Jan 21 2005, 03:26 PM
I think I might be with Biscoe on this one.Traveling from Norfolk to Richmond might no tbe a good idea.We would probobly never get there in the morning,and if we made it I know on the way home,driving though all of that shiznit would not be fun.. :(
Chris give us all snow,ice and rain checks till next weekend,whataya say :D

Chris Hysell
Jan 21 2005, 06:01 PM
Jake L, I went out last night in the Impala SS. I wanted to check out the new tires. I made it home safely but I doubt i'll be that stupid again.

Zillllllllllllllllllla, sorry, no rain check. I have to move next weekend. You could come and help.

I like the idea of playing the Winter Dubles in brutal weather. I do understand safety and we will be playing a little shorter course tomorrow so that people can get home before the weather gets bad. See you guys in the morning.

cbaines
Jan 21 2005, 06:12 PM
its gonna be sweet to play in some hectic weather tommorrow. zilla i can also understand if you guys wont or cant come up cuz its gonna be nasty.

Jake L
Jan 21 2005, 06:14 PM
...but I doubt i'll be that stupid again.

Why do I doubt this?

Jeff_Peters
Jan 21 2005, 07:42 PM
C'mon Chris, there is no fun like driving a rear-wheel drive V8 powered Bowtie in the snow. I used to tear it up in my mom's old 1977 Monte Carlo back in the day on the snow-covered Franklin County back-roads. :cool:

johnbiscoe
Jan 22 2005, 11:26 AM
C'mon Chris, there is no fun like driving a rear-wheel drive V8 powered Bowtie in the snow. I used to tear it up in my mom's old 1977 Monte Carlo back in the day on the snow-covered Franklin County back-roads. :cool:

with a trunk full of shine no doubt :)

Chris Hysell
Jan 22 2005, 09:40 PM
No shine today.

Except for Redick vs Florida St. He's on fire.

hvnafit
Jan 23 2005, 09:14 AM
SUPER DOUBLES
Saturday; Feburuary 5th
1st round: Pratt Park
2nd round: Loriella
1st Tee at 10:00 AM

$50.00 Pro/Open per team
$30.00 Adv/Int/Mixed per team

We all had fun in the ICE at "Winter Doubles" (bags frozen. umbrealla's frozen open, chains on the beskets even had a different sound, tee pads you could skate on) Just think of the BLAST we are going to have at "SUPER DOUBLES" tell all your friends! Dress warm and come a enjoy some more FINE VA WEATHER!

whorley
Jan 23 2005, 11:04 AM
The 1st annual Ice Bowl at Elk Creek DGC in Appomattox was a success! Fourteen people showed up to support our charity, Girl Scout Troop 2052! It was 20 degrees and 10 mph wind at tee time. At the conclusion of the first round, it began to sleet. Most of the second round there was sleet/freezing rain! Congrats to all the winners!

This tournament was the 5th installment of the Blue Ridge Area Winter League. Updated points standings can be found at the PiedmontDGC website (http://hometown.aol.com/piedmontdiscgolf/PiedmontDiscGolf). The next BRAWL tournament is February 5 at Golden Hills DGC in Christiansburg.

Chris Hysell
Jan 23 2005, 11:56 AM
They were nice enough to put us on the front page of the Richmond Times Dispatch (http://www.timesdispatch.com)

I wish they would have gotten their story (http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031780402544) right.

hvnafit
Jan 24 2005, 12:01 AM
We might even make "Disc Golf World News". I think they have a section about Disc Golf in the media. I will try to fine their e-mail address and forward the artical to them! Richmond disc golf needs all the support they can get. Much less disc golf in general. I am determined to see disc golf on televison and will help get it all the publicty it desevers. I mean I love to play poker...... but to watch it on ESPN?! Disc Golf needs to be there also!!!!!!!

dsglfnpool
Jan 24 2005, 10:06 AM
Unfortunately for those of you who thought that the rumors of my dissappearence were true I have to inform that I am alive and kicking and intrigued by this team tourny I have been reading about. I would have thought my friends on team Blue Ridge would have wanted another palyer but ....
Hey Ronnie, where you gonna play?

Jan 24 2005, 10:15 AM
congrats to ron and tommy on yalls win in the doubles ,good job.will yall be going to the super doubles and try to keep your winning streak alive.
also two old guys comming in second,glenn and kelly,go Bayville.again good job.....

whorley
Jan 24 2005, 12:07 PM
Formal invitations have not been mailed to prospective Team Blue Ridge members. Your resume is being reviewed and you will be contacted soon, Mr. West. :D If you are selected, all we ask for is 100% commitment to be there on March 19-20.

ronturner
Jan 24 2005, 12:17 PM
Thanks zilla...despite the weather it was a great time.

and i won't be at the superdoubles either, but i think tommy will. i'm hosting a 30 person poker tournament that day.

terry, i still don't know what team i'm playing with for the team tournament...

johnbiscoe
Jan 24 2005, 01:22 PM
Old Dominion Disc Series Opener!
Loriella Challenge 2005
Loriella Park Spotsylvania, VA PDGA B Tier Event
Amateurs- Saturday March 5 Pros- Sunday March 6

Registration/Check-in: 8:30-9:30 First Tee Time 10:00 Second Tee TBA

Pro Divisions: Open $40 Ladies, Masters, GM $35
Ams may play up to pro divisions for $20.
Ams playing up may not accept $ should they place in the money.

Am Divisions Max Rating Fee
Advanced Men --- $30
Advanced Ladies --- $25
Intermediate Men 914 $20
Intermediate Ladies 799 $20
Recreational Men 874 $20
Recreational Ladies 749 $20
Junior- 16 and under, 13 and under (trophies only) $15
Play for trophy only in any amateur division:$15
Players not current PDGA members add $5.
(juniors exempt)

**New for 2005**Pro players of rating 955 and below are eligible to
compete in amateur divisions as determined by their rating.

Pre-registration/Info: John Biscoe
8300 Lawyers Rd Spotsylvania, VA 22553
(540)-854-8688 [email protected]
www.geocities.com/spotsydiscgolf (http://www.geocities.com/spotsydiscgolf)

Jan 24 2005, 06:58 PM
deg ronnie why you having a poker tourney that day for you getting out of golf and taking your hand at cards now?

johnbiscoe
Jan 24 2005, 07:13 PM
like most brown's fans ronnie had no idea when the super bowl actually was. :o

i may go play poker too.

ronturner
Jan 24 2005, 07:25 PM
unfortunately john is right...i knew super doubles was superbowl saturday and i thought that was the weekend of the 12/13, so i scheduled my poker tournament for the 5th...

and a lot of people have already committed to the poker tournament and some have paid their entry, so i can't switch the date.

watch out though...the brownies will be for real next year...healthy team and romeo crennel as coach. he knows how to be pittsburgh as was shown yesterday so at least i know where we'll get two wins next year.

Chris Hysell
Jan 24 2005, 07:31 PM
12/13? December?

Glad you had fun last weekend Ronnie. I had fun but others weren't trying to. They were too busy crying about the weather.

Jeff_Peters
Jan 24 2005, 09:01 PM
Yea Hysell, I heard some cryin' at Appomattox on Saturday during one of my rounds. These people need to get some weather band radios or something. You would have loved the long open hole playing straight into about a 20 mph with ice pellets in the first round :o

Jeff_Peters
Jan 24 2005, 09:02 PM
and it was in fact a 20 mph wind

ronturner
Jan 24 2005, 09:38 PM
12/13 meant february 12th and feb. 13th...

isn't the motto of the ice bowls....no wimps no whiners

johnbiscoe
Jan 25 2005, 10:32 AM
does anyone have current contact info for brandon "chains" bailey?

Chris Hysell
Jan 25 2005, 06:49 PM
Brandon is currently drowning in the mullet pool.

Jan 26 2005, 03:58 PM
I have a feeling a few Newport News boys were shavin strokes @ Gillies last week :eek:.
j/k

Six down was impressive for the conditions. And they put you guys on the cover of the paper as. You boys lucked out that weekend.

Jan 26 2005, 07:19 PM
do you have a feeling ,or do you know for sure.who were they j/k? were they from n.n. or bayville.let me know and I will get to the bottom of it.

Jan 27 2005, 11:39 AM
j/k=just kidding

Alittle bitter getting 2nd at my home course.
Just wanted to take a jab at the winners. ;)

Dick
Jan 31 2005, 03:12 PM
good luck with that ron. i seem to remember romeo having a bit of trouble with the steelers in the regular season.... :D

tdonelson
Jan 31 2005, 03:20 PM
Ice Bowl Doubles(Best Disc) at Burke Lake
Feb 12

2 rounds of 26 holes
Pro Teams $46 + 4 cans of food
Adv Am Teams $34+ 4 cans of food
Am Teams $22 + 4 cans of food
Recreational Teams 4 cans of food
Bring $6 if you aren't bringing cans

Registration 9-9:45am Start 10am

whorley
Jan 31 2005, 03:46 PM
Die, you stinking thread, DIE!!!!!!!!

Dick
Jan 31 2005, 04:29 PM
can you guys fix your stinkin thread? the last 3 pages always come up empty. or is that just me....

imapackerfan
Jan 31 2005, 05:43 PM
Hey Dr., if you don't like "our stinkin thread" then why don't you just go somewhere else. I recommend HERE (http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=305512&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)... ;) :D
(Now all I can do is hope that I posted the link correctly, or my attempt at being a smartazz will be for naught!) :o

chains11864
Mar 02 2005, 06:20 PM
Contact info....here at the PDGA website, [email protected], 7034014616...

5th Shenandoah Shag ... June26th ... will be posting information online, also flyers at tournaments/courses.

Look forward to seeing everyone on the courses!!!

Brandon