Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

neonnoodle
Mar 08 2004, 04:40 PM
So what are the teams and who are on them (or are they as squirmy and hard to nail down as the one I am trying to put together)?

John mentioned Seneca had 3 or 4 1000+ Open players... A little No Pit Gang going on.

Team names?

Dick
Mar 08 2004, 10:10 PM
i talked to jeff and you can register for sherando via paypal for 2$ extra(about the cost of the transaction). his email is on the pdga website. maybe someone would be kind enough to post the remaining info here.

Chris Hysell
Mar 09 2004, 08:26 AM
SHERANDO SPRING BREAK-OUT--PDGA B-TIER
SUNDAY, March 21, 2004 SHERANDO PARK STEPHENS CITY, VA
THIS EVENT IS PART OF THE 2004 OLD DOMINION DISC SERIES (ODDS)
TWO ROUNDS 8:30 CHECK-IN 9:45 PLAYERS MEETING 10:00 START
* PRE-REGISTRATION SUGGESTED- FIELD LIMITED TO PDGA SPECIFICATIONS
THIS EVENT WILL FILL----�ON-SITE REGISTRATION NOT GUARANTEED
All players must CHECK-IN on arrival � Even if Pre-Registered
ENTRY FEES * OPEN $55 - MASTERS $50 - ADVANCED $40 - INTERMEDIATE $30
PRO WOMEN�S DIVISIONS LESS $10.00---AM WOMEN�S DIVISIONS LESS $5.00
**ALL ENTRIES INCLUDE ACE POT**
*PLAYERS IN ALL DIVISIONS MUST BE CURRENT PDGA MEMBERS OR PAY $5.00 FEE

NAME_____________________________PDGA#____________

ADDRESS___________________________________________ _

CITY_________________________________STATE________ __

PHONE_______________________DIVISION______________ _

LUNCH TO BE ORDERED FOR BETWEEN ROUNDS CONSUMPTION FROM
THE NEW TOWN TAVERN. ALL LUNCHES INCLUDE CHIPS AND ARE $6.00 *INCLUDES TIP FOR DELIVERY
ORDER-QUANTITY

CHOICE OF--- PORK BARBEQUE SANDWICH _______

TURKEY BACON SWISS CLUB ON CROISSANT _______

CRAB CAKE ON ENGLISH MUFFIN _______

*THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR SPONSOR
PLEASE INCLUDE PAYMENT FOR LUNCH(ES) WITH YOUR ENTRY

TOTAL $ ENCLOSED�_________________________

MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO:
JEFF KRAEMER
990 TASKER RD.
STEPHENS CITY , VA 22655
FOR INFO- [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> 540. 869. 5824

jefferson
Mar 09 2004, 09:49 AM
why are these tourneys only 1 day events?

Chris Hysell
Mar 09 2004, 10:04 AM
They have always been one day events. There are a few two day events in Va.

Two Days in May, The Battlefield Open, Duck Golf, Ace Run(maybe), Old Dominion Showdown and Newport News.

jefferson
Mar 09 2004, 10:08 AM
why?

teamtrim
Mar 09 2004, 10:15 AM
The aged baggers get tried after one day.

snoophaney
Mar 09 2004, 10:15 AM
I wish it was on Saturday insted of Sunday. Oh well. :(

Chris Hysell
Mar 09 2004, 10:31 AM
Why would it make a difference? You won't show up anyway. You guys are all scared. Fraidy cats.

snoophaney
Mar 09 2004, 11:35 AM
I am scared Scared of all the crap I would get for coming up there and taking money when I should leave the B/C tiers alone and play only the big tournaments. That's what I have to hear, all the time. Whatever :p /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif :confused:

Chris Hysell
Mar 09 2004, 11:40 AM
There is no way you can feel like that. Walt, I'm a little fish and TD's thank me all the time for showing up at their tournaments. It means a lot to people when good players show up at their events. It gives the event prestige. I'm sure there isn't one event in Va. that wouldn't want a player of your caliber there. Cut the crap.

snoophaney
Mar 09 2004, 11:48 AM
I've been told twice this year by other players that I shouldn't mess with smaller tournaments, that I should give them/others a chance. I know their partly joking, but you know their a little serious too. I could care less. I'm playing where I want to!

Chris Hysell
Mar 09 2004, 11:58 AM
I have been told the same thing before. I'm sorry but I will still play events. I do weekly, monthly and as many PDGA's as I can. If someone doesn't want me there they need to schedule their event when there is a better on going on.

Chris Hysell
Mar 09 2004, 12:00 PM
I will see you at Sherando. I suggest you preregister. The Holiday Inn Express nearby is a good place to stay.

girlie
Mar 09 2004, 12:01 PM
Nice Play at the Earlwood, Snoop!

I mailed in my pre-reg for Sherando today and suggest all the other slackers out there to do the same...

2004 is the year of pre-registration!

And as Susi has proclaimed...
The Year of The Women!

From what I've seen so far - Susi is RIGHT (how often do you hear that one?) Oh, by the way...

BUY A MINI (http://www.westvirginiaopen.com/sponsorship1.htm) :D

johnbiscoe
Mar 09 2004, 01:03 PM
Walt- you are always welcome at any event in VA (and i say that as a 950 rated open player). i do not mind having my butt kicked by anyone as long as they are classy and a good sport about it (as you and MOST top players are). those who would suggest such a thing to you (that you should stay away from the lesser tourneys) are cowards.

Jeff- short general answer- convenience.

3 longer answers- we have 3 2 day events in spotsy later in the year.
i am a farmer and the one day suits my schedule much better this time of year. generally one day events seem to have a better draw in VA as well.

my usual preference as a player is one day events on sundays as that allows for saturday practice but the consensus among our local players was for saturday.

eddie_ogburn
Mar 09 2004, 01:08 PM
John or Chris or anyone that knows, is there still a chance that VA State Doubles might be sanctioned or is that a lost cause?? Either way I will def be there!

neonnoodle
Mar 09 2004, 02:00 PM
So John, what are the teams and who are on them.

I'm back to the drawing board for another Master Player, someone dropped. :(

Chris Hysell
Mar 09 2004, 02:09 PM
Why should we tell? Maybe our final line up is a secret.

Really I have no clue.

neonnoodle
Mar 09 2004, 02:42 PM
It would be nice to think that if you told me there would be something I could do about it. We have a good team, but it's not like I could go out tomorrow and get Barry, Cam, Rico, Ron, Brad and Jim to sign up. I might have to start calling up folks in Pittsburgh to get a Master player.

One of the advanced players was wondering if the Chris Archer(?) is going to be there. He's actually kind of hoping he'll be there so he can KHA. Again. :D

neonnoodle
Mar 09 2004, 02:50 PM
Walter,

The PDGA Touring Pro Card Players idea was basically scrapped for the reasons John and Chris just stated. Our sport isn't ready to tell players they are too good to play in certain events.

DO WHAT YOU LIKE.

Hope to see you at some more MADC events this year. You ever play Brandywine?

johnbiscoe
Mar 09 2004, 03:14 PM
eddie- va doubles will not be sanctioned.

VTI teams as I know them-
Bayville- Rusty Criste, Jeremy Locke,
Newport News- Skinner, Zilla, Mangus, Keirn are the open players
Seneca- Gawler, Pitts, Gangloff, Gregory, Caris, Transtrum, paco D, Jerry Bailey, Rachel
Calvert- Tom Kim, Mark Boyce, The Nobles, Girlie
VA Mountains- Whorley, Wilhelm, Wetzel, Woods, Bowman, Hoeppner, Adam Vanderslice, ?,?
NOVA- Tommy D, Ron Turner, Dennis Azato, Dave Huff,
HOME- John B, Ted Z, Tone Tone, Jack Stanton, Hysell, Trapasso, Ben Bartlett, Kyle Bauman, Kelly Swartz
Team PA

neonnoodle
Mar 09 2004, 03:33 PM
Team PA - Bob Hoffman, Nick Knapp, John Bradway, Nick Kight, Linc Morgan, Ray Rogers(?), Steve Martino, Chris Robins, Angie Martin. Subject to change though, Ray will likely not make it.

I thought Bryan and Rachel were going to Tockwogh...

girlie
Mar 09 2004, 03:40 PM
This girlie's going to Tockwogh - Dawn (Lefty) Parham will be representing Team Calvert :D

Good Luck!

Dick
Mar 09 2004, 03:51 PM
paco's not a seneca boy! they should have to use a seneca local rather than just going out and getting a hired gun adv player! :D

Chris Hysell
Mar 09 2004, 04:02 PM
No dogs allowed at Tockwogh so Bryan and Rachel are back in.

neonnoodle
Mar 09 2004, 04:19 PM
We might have to Nancy Kerrigan the Seneca Team Saturday night.... :o;) :D

Chris Hysell
Mar 09 2004, 04:27 PM
I have a better plan. I'm going to invite a few of them to stay at my house. Then I'll speed out of my driveway Sunday morning and lose them on the backroads. They'll never find their way to the course.

neonnoodle
Mar 09 2004, 04:41 PM
My check is in the mail Chris...

discgeez
Mar 09 2004, 05:18 PM
Don't worry Nick, my knees will Nancy Kerrigan themselves :D

Dick
Mar 09 2004, 05:38 PM
whatever. they have plenty of old guys up there at seneca to replace you. maybe you guys could loan nick one! looks like he's already borrowing angie....

neonnoodle
Mar 09 2004, 08:05 PM
Rich,

Use the right word, I "stole" Angie, and I ain't givin' her back neither...

T2, it's just a shame that all of your talent will go to waste. The material for working Seneca folk is just so plentiful. I know you must need an extra druel bucket or two everytime you run into that list of characters out on the course. :eek: :o:D :D

whorley
Mar 09 2004, 08:44 PM
I am scared Scared of all the crap I would get for coming up there and taking money when I should leave the B/C tiers alone and play only the big tournaments. That's what I have to hear, all the time. Whatever :p /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif :confused:

I've been told twice this year by other players that I shouldn't mess with smaller tournaments, that I should give them/others a chance. I know their partly joking, but you know their a little serious too. I could care less. I'm playing where I want to!

I thanked Hoffman, Kuper, Gangloff, Gawler, Gangloff and Toy for coming this weekend! We welcome all out-of-staters to Virginia tournaments, but not all are fortunate enough to 'come up here and take money'. :p

johnbiscoe
Mar 11 2004, 09:30 AM
hey team captains,
please submit team names asap (the name of your team, not the roster) and i will get the team mvp trophies made up. i have also found what will become the travelling trophy- we'll be playing for the "Old Milk Can".

Chris Hysell
Mar 11 2004, 09:33 AM
You are kidding aren't you? You have all of those soft, pliable cow patties around there that could be molded into something really nice.

nudediscgolfer
Mar 13 2004, 11:58 AM
Ummm.. sounds like good eattin'

hvnafit
Mar 15 2004, 02:15 PM
does anyone know if Sherrando has filled?

johnbiscoe
Mar 15 2004, 09:21 PM
he had 60 paid as of friday.

hvnafit
Mar 15 2004, 09:23 PM
John
do you have any info on the Newport News tournament?

girlie
Mar 15 2004, 10:22 PM
Is there a pre-reg list for Sherando? :D

johnbiscoe
Mar 16 2004, 07:53 AM
jimmy- no. try [email protected]

lindsay- not that i know of, try [email protected]

Chris Hysell
Mar 16 2004, 08:22 AM
John, you make it to easy.

Jimmy, do you have any info on the team invitational?

hvnafit
Mar 16 2004, 07:25 PM
Chris
as you can see i have stopped asking you. all i get is alot of babble. john gives short straight answers.

Mar 16 2004, 07:35 PM
Since Sherando isn't full, will they be accepting registrants on the day of the tourney?? Got a few friends here and there who could put their skills into better use.

Wynne

johnbiscoe
Mar 16 2004, 10:21 PM
michael- contact jeff kraemer [email protected]
i don't think he is on this board much. i expect they will fill up well prior to sunday.

johnbiscoe
Mar 17 2004, 08:55 AM
according to jeff, tournament at sherando is full.

next ODDS event is TwoDays in May at the Grange Memorial Day weekend. pre-reg info soon. (that's right pre-reg for Two Days in May!) field may be limited to 144.

Chris Hysell
Mar 17 2004, 09:38 AM
That's good news. There will still be a line of people trying to get in.

ronturner
Mar 17 2004, 10:32 AM
Did he mention how many open players were signed up?

Chris Hysell
Mar 17 2004, 10:34 AM
I have been told bits and pieces of who is on his list but I know of two who have already withdrawn.

whorley
Mar 17 2004, 10:57 AM
I know of at least one mullet on the Open list. I can't wait to see Sherando for the first time! I haven't been given a good description of the course yet :confused:. I'll be there at the crack of dawn with Dwight to check it out.

The only real question is -- Who does Hysell want to give his money to, me or Mitch? :o

Chris Hysell
Mar 17 2004, 11:01 AM
You silly

ronturner
Mar 17 2004, 11:02 AM
Here is a good description of Sherando:

Windy!

Chris Hysell
Mar 17 2004, 11:11 AM
I always describe Sherando as a mixture of Seneca and Cedar Rock(Burlington). There are some wide open holes and some holes with trees and/or cedars. The wind blows like a mf.

Dick
Mar 17 2004, 11:18 AM
hopefully i can do well there! sound kind of like loriella with the mix of open and tight holes.

Chris Hysell
Mar 17 2004, 11:23 AM
It's similar to Loriella without the elevation and the woods holes aren't nearly as tight.

Chris Hysell
Mar 17 2004, 11:33 AM
And the wind will blow. And it's going to rain.

Mar 17 2004, 12:10 PM
****...gone are the days of waking up and deciding to show up at a local tournament.

Girlie is right....This is the "Year of the Pre-reg"...

I hope I can get into the WVO this year...who know's I might forget to register at www.westvirginiaopen.com (http://www.westvirginiaopen.com)

Maybe I'll stop by Sherando sell some WVO sponsorship.

MS

Chris Hysell
Mar 17 2004, 12:14 PM
That's how we keep dead wood like you out. Dead wood reminds me of your minis.

Jeff_Peters
Mar 17 2004, 08:16 PM
Give 'em hell Vince. I hope that the Southwest Virginia guys will make a good showing at the upcoming team event. You guys are the underdogs and it is March Madness time. You never know....

hvnafit
Mar 17 2004, 08:38 PM
sherando FULL!!!
think i will send my money off to newport news in the morning. also looking for the info for "2 days"
thanks john!

whorley
Mar 18 2004, 10:00 AM
We're gonna give it everything we've got!

hvnafit
Mar 19 2004, 09:26 PM
SHERANDO!!!!!!!
Friday night and dreaming about another ACE!
Sherando here I come; with a short stop by the new Harrisonburg (? that is right Chris! I still can not spell)course on Saturday. The place that i got my first and only ACE.
Lets hope hole 12 is still as kind!

nudediscgolfer
Mar 19 2004, 10:33 PM
I will bring my WHITE ACE-VAIRS for Sundays Tournament. The WVO X Stamps are known to seek out chains .. once or twice!

hvnafit
Mar 19 2004, 11:52 PM
i have some of those WVO stamps.
also will be bringing my LUCKY WVO mini! i used it for the first time at Loriella and did well.... Thanks Mr. Susi
There must be power in those mini's

ronturner
Mar 20 2004, 12:10 AM
Tony, I don't know if I'd give the credit to those discs...maybe it had something to do with the person you traveled to the tourney with.

johnbiscoe
Mar 20 2004, 09:17 AM
forecast is for WIND- imagine that :)

Dick
Mar 21 2004, 11:09 PM
crazy day at the sherando spring freak out. wind , snow, cold. was it even spring?
not sure who calculates odds points, but i have a suggestion. since there is no adv master points , only adv., the am masters should be seeded into the advanced according to their score and recieve advanced points accordingly. it's only fair since we play the same tees and pay the same money...

hvnafit
Mar 22 2004, 12:02 AM
crazy day at the sherando spring freak out. wind , snow, cold. was it even spring?
not sure who calculates odds points, but i have a suggestion. since there is no adv master points , only adv., the am masters should be seeded into the advanced according to their score and recieve advanced points accordingly. it's only fair since we play the same tees and pay the same money...

I totally agree with you on the points award theory.
as far as sherando goes...... "spring break out" my foot!
i have never (in my short time of playing) been miserable on a disc golf course. had some miserable rounds but NEVER fiscsly been miserable. today was terriable! Snow' probably 30 or more mile per hour gust of wind. i shook form the cold so much that my whole body hurts. like i told chris. i need one of those cute little china girls to walk on my back.
jeff as always great job of running the event and i still love the course.

johnbiscoe
Mar 22 2004, 08:10 AM

already done that way old man. :)

winners were: open- gangloff over azato in a playoff, masters-mitch hoeppner, ladies- elaine king (score close to cashing in mpo), advanced- dwight woods, not sure about the rest. i don't think it was as windy as a couple of years ago.

ronturner
Mar 22 2004, 09:18 AM
I think Elaine scored a 123 which would've cashed in open.

Chris Hysell
Mar 22 2004, 09:37 AM
That's good. At least she didn't beat me.

Chris Hysell
Mar 22 2004, 10:51 AM
Final rosters, schedule, directions? Food? Inquiring minds want to know.

patpitts
Mar 22 2004, 11:03 AM
Yeah Biscoe... got any info for us?????? :D

whorley
Mar 22 2004, 08:38 PM
I wish I was in her group, literally. At least she got to play with professionals.

whorley
Mar 22 2004, 11:08 PM
Final rosters, schedule, directions? Food? Inquiring minds want to know.

Team Blue Ridge/Team Mountain/Team Lynchnoke Sponsored by "Team Negative" and BC Headache Powder.

I would list our team roster, but it would be useless. Our members have chosen to relinquish their given Christian names and simply be known by their seeding number. We have also shaved our heads in a sign of unity and solidarity.

Mar 23 2004, 05:17 PM
Sounds like the Cross-town Event last year...uuuuggh. Miserable. It's the only DNF I have to my name. Had I not been throwing-up during the round, I may have attempted to finish my last round. The DNF hurt me more than my pathetic play.

GL to you guys playing in the Team tournament this weekend. Even you Hysell. :D

ronturner
Mar 24 2004, 01:58 PM
a little early....but i'm curious anyway---john, when is the usdgc qualifier for the VA rep. going to happen?

also, have you decided if we are going to use your new course to play this year instead of Loriella?

whorley
Mar 24 2004, 02:01 PM
How's the NoVA team looking, Ron?

ronturner
Mar 24 2004, 02:29 PM
well, tommy is in charge of it all....i think we are all set, but i'm not 100% sure...we might be scrounging for one more player at the moment...don't know exactly.

in any case, i think we are the underdogs of the tourney. there might be a cinderella story in the making.

patpitts
Mar 24 2004, 03:18 PM
Anything can happen in Va.!!!

johnbiscoe
Mar 24 2004, 07:47 PM
a little early....but i'm curious anyway---john, when is the usdgc qualifier for the VA rep. going to happen?

also, have you decided if we are going to use your new course to play this year instead of Loriella?

this years Va rep to USDGC will be determined by combined score from the Golden Horseshoe Open 7/17 at Pleasant Run and the Spotsy Summer Open 7/18 at Loriella. Those wishing to qualify will pay an extra $10 as in past years with $ going to defray USDGC expenses for the qualifier. Va residents only to qualify.

ronturner
Mar 24 2004, 09:10 PM
excellent...two days, i like it.

hoping to shoot really well at the dogwood and qualify there, but that is going to be rough.

whorley
Mar 24 2004, 09:55 PM
You'll qualify at the X-Town, Ron, you're the pride of VA!

BTW, I want YOU /msgboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /msgboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif(spoken like Appollo Creed) in the Team Challenge. I want you, one on one, Turner. You candy [*****], 400 foot roc throwin' NoVA punk. I believe I'm gonna crack the Ice tonight with a little smack talk. In fact I want all the 1 seeds. I'm not gonna have the worst record for the 1 seeds this weekend . I'm gonna plan on putting a few notches on my belt. Oh yeah!!! Whose up first? Whose gonna hide in the Masters category? Who thinks Vince has had to many Bartles & James's

I'm not sure my team will be a contender, but were gonna fight, scrap, and grind it out. Can't wait!

PS Anyone have Ken Climo's number? We are still waiting for that ninth commitment.

nicholson5150
Mar 24 2004, 10:35 PM
:D

nudediscgolfer
Mar 24 2004, 10:36 PM
Ronnie, Dogwood you'll have to bring your Avairs...

Team Challenge - Vince you better watch the smack talk. I know the Smurf can hang on the porch with the Big Dogs. (well for a while) You can leave the Bartles & James's at home.. GO EVERCLEAR ;-)

Anything can happen in Va.!!! ...Yeah Baby you better watch out for the HOME TEAM

Chris Hysell
Mar 25 2004, 08:21 AM
Vinnie, you'll be getting what you have wished for, some of me. Are you sure you can handle it? Don't use that excuse that you have been traumatized by playing with the ams.

johnbiscoe
Mar 25 2004, 08:32 AM
too much bartles and jaymes makes vw "feel like a woman"- just like in his commercial.

i will be hiding in masters.

Team Home on the Range rules, all others suck, especially the Craig Gangloff Band. :)

Chris Hysell
Mar 25 2004, 09:02 AM
8 teams of 9 players
4 open
2 masters OR player rating under 960
2 adv OR player rating under 925
1 lady OR player rating under 875

Now I know how you qualify as a master. I am offended. You need to earn your master title. This way, any mullet can call themselves a master.

imapackerfan
Mar 25 2004, 09:20 AM
YOU'RE offended? It looks like any mullet can cross-gender and call themselves a lady, also... what does John think this is- West Virginny? :D

In case you're wondering, Hysell- I'm not a mullet posing as a lady, I earned my lady title. At least I think I have... :D

discgeez
Mar 25 2004, 10:37 AM
What time do things startup on Sat.?

Chris Hysell
Mar 25 2004, 10:48 AM
T2, I guess anytime is fine. We have been asking for info with no luck. I guess all team captains have the secret info.

whorley
Mar 25 2004, 10:52 AM
Biscoe, you are funny. I'm never telling my wife your observation, though. She would laugh like hell and then use it on me the rest of my life! PS, you knowing how to correctly spell B & J says it all.

Tony, I'm ready to go shot for shot with you during the match, and we can play disc golf too!!!

Hysell, your numbers are off. These are what I remember, I may be wrong.
4 Open
2 Masters or <960
2 Advanced or <915
1 Women or <860

CH, are you playing Open for your team? It doesn't matter, I'm still calling you a bagger. Now I can call Biscoe one too! Your Open players must be more pathetic than ours.

Chris Hysell
Mar 25 2004, 11:10 AM
Whorley, I'm playing wherever my captain tells me to play. I never knew you were married. Have you told Dwight?

whorley
Mar 25 2004, 11:23 AM
JB told me 10:00 Meeting and 10:30 tee time on Saturday.

What do you want to know, Hysell? I might know.

Chris Hysell
Mar 25 2004, 11:35 AM
How long is hole #1?#2?#3?#4?#5?#6?#7?

Get the idea? I have never seen it.

Will there be food?

Will there be parking? Will my truck get muddy? Can I get my SS in there? How about my 'vette?

What are the prizes?

Will I have to play with Nick?

whorley
Mar 25 2004, 11:36 AM
I think I need to invite some NC Advanced players to this thread so the smack can be laid down!!! I guess Virginians are just guilty of being some of the nicest people in the country...Except the assholes from NoVA, Richmond scum and the Trash from Trash Mountain down in Tidewater. :p /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif :p

Chris Hysell
Mar 25 2004, 11:38 AM
Man, you act like a woman.

neonnoodle
Mar 25 2004, 12:02 PM
You sure you're from NC? Most folks I know from there are perfect gentlemen.

I don't know about you, but in VA and here in PA we know that the only smack that matters is the smack under fire out on the course, and in that we are particularly well trained.

The game within game within the game within the game within the game.

Don't bother preparing yourself. You won't know which way is up.

jefferson
Mar 25 2004, 12:23 PM
Most folks I know from there are perfect gentlemen.

you must be talking 'bout my good friend EVAN

discgeez
Mar 25 2004, 12:30 PM
I think MD. qualifies as well Nicky boy.

Chris Hysell
Mar 25 2004, 12:31 PM
Yahnnie, don't you have some NC guys to chat with?

Mar 25 2004, 12:33 PM
yeh, but much like you i like to invade threads where i'm not always welcome

jefferson
Mar 25 2004, 12:34 PM
anyways, someone mentioned something about NC

Chris Hysell
Mar 25 2004, 12:35 PM
And just like you, I feel it's my duty. Otherwise the message board would have boring Nick Kight crap on it and nothing else.

jefferson
Mar 25 2004, 12:38 PM
...and no one wants that. are you blowing of this Team thing and coming to wilmington or what?

Chris Hysell
Mar 25 2004, 12:45 PM
Sorry but as much as I want to go hang with some Trim, I will be staying at home. This weekend will be XBox with PP, NCAA basketball, good food and maybe some serious golf. And then again, maybe not so serious. My teammates shouldn't be shocked if I do some behind-the-back putting.

neonnoodle
Mar 25 2004, 12:51 PM
And just like you, I feel it's my duty. Otherwise the message board would have boring Nick Kight crap on it and nothing else.

I'm just here to make you look good Chris. And for all my effort you still look like an idiot.

(****, now what does that say about me...)

Chris Hysell
Mar 25 2004, 12:53 PM
I can't help it that I look like an idiot. How did I know I was going to resemble you after my makeover?

Mar 25 2004, 01:31 PM
Gentlemen, please. (oops that's an assumption)

Your welcome Theo, glad to help administrate.

MS

ronturner
Mar 25 2004, 03:23 PM
Bring it on Vince...I'm ready for you..400 with a roc? i guess maybe on a bad day.

neonnoodle
Mar 25 2004, 03:42 PM
So you had the Fab 5 over did you?

(Dang, what does that say about me again! )

Mar 25 2004, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE]
I'm ready for you..400 with a roc [QUOTE]

Only 400'? Ronnie your brother could scooby one that far!

johnbiscoe
Mar 25 2004, 09:05 PM
How long is hole #1?#2?#3?#4?#5?#6?#7?

Get the idea? I have never seen it.

Will there be food?

Will there be parking? Will my truck get muddy? Can I get my SS in there? How about my 'vette?

What are the prizes?

Will I have to play with Nick?

you have had plenty of offers. course is 8008 feet long with holes ranging from 210 to 975. par is 63. course record is 60 by ronnie turner. i suspect ssa to be around 61-62.

course is NOT cart friendly as you cross pleasant run a number of times. crossings have all been made much more user friendly this week.

there will be food available at the course for lunch saturday cheap. sandwiches, chips, salad- the usual.

there is plenty of parking and you can bring the ss unless it is going to rain. leave the vette at home.

camping will be at the grange (can't beat hot tub and video games).

there will be payout to the top 2 teams as well as prizes for mvp and spiritual leader of each team.

you will not have to play with nick. he is an open player. you are our #1 master.

mandatory players meeting will be at 10:00.

cows are there.

are you coming tomorrow to practice?

oh yeah- vince- i know how to spell it because one of my roommates in the dorms years ago drank that swill all the time. he was from ROANOKE. he would also get drunk and get all misty-eyed over his high school sweetheart whenever he heard free bird.

seneca, nova, sepa, calvert, bayville, n news, blue ridge all suck! :cool:

imapackerfan
Mar 25 2004, 09:19 PM
seneca, nova, sepa, calvert, bayville, n news, blue ridge all suck!

I'll second that :p

Thanks for everything, John- this weekend is gonna be great! :D

patpitts
Mar 26 2004, 08:29 AM
Thats not very nice, we have feelings too! Can't a brutha get some love.

Chris Hysell
Mar 26 2004, 08:36 AM
Mr. Biscoe, I'm sorry but I don't have the free time for a leisurely round on the farm. I am a busy man. I plan on looking at a few holes this afternoon to see if I think I can play. When did I get elected to the Masters position?

patpitts
Mar 26 2004, 08:50 AM
Chris - If your having trouble w/ your leader, we'll take you, and you can play in whatever division you want! Your not getting the proper respect that you deserve!!!! John needs to learn how to treat his Star Players.

discgeez
Mar 26 2004, 09:24 AM
Can I get directions from the Grange?

Chris Hysell
Mar 26 2004, 09:27 AM
Why will you need directions? Just get up Saturday morning and follow the drunken caravan.

Chris Hysell
Mar 26 2004, 09:31 AM
You are right Pat. I feel so unappreciated.

johnbiscoe
Mar 26 2004, 09:52 AM
Mr. Biscoe, I'm sorry but I don't have the free time for a leisurely round on the farm. I am a busy man. I plan on looking at a few holes this afternoon to see if I think I can play. When did I get elected to the Masters position?

at birth, you just didn't know it until recently. prima donna.

i myself became a master at some point about 1/2 way through the second rd at sherando (when tz passed me).

Directions to Pleasant Run from The Grange-
Left from drive on BlockHouse
Left at light on 208/606.
Left on 208 (follow sign for Lake Anna State Park)
5 miles to Right on 601 Lawyers Rd (follow sign for Lake Anna State Park)
Straight @7 miles to dead end stop sign (Lawyers Rd will turn off to the right before this)
Left on 652 Belmont Rd
Left at first house past the church. Mailbox says Towsey-7201 Belmont Rd.

Chris Hysell
Mar 26 2004, 10:48 AM
I will be there sometime this afternoon. Tell the cows to run and hide. I have witnessed cow aces before. I hope the course is marked. Maybe I'll wear some new shoes and break them in.

Mar 26 2004, 11:06 AM
Tell the cows to run and hide. I have witnessed cow aces before.

you never cease to amuse me

Chris Hysell
Mar 26 2004, 11:15 AM
Cows seem to enjoy scratching themselves on baskets. On John's old course, a well thrown shot would usually hit metal or a cow.

jefferson
Mar 26 2004, 12:02 PM
no need for explanations, but i appreciate the effort

Mar 26 2004, 12:31 PM
appreciate this....
http://s.a.cnn.net/si/features/2004_swimsuit/images/2004.jpg

Mar 26 2004, 01:18 PM
Bring an oxygen tank and plenty of Red Bulls! I was WIPED OUT after my first round at Pleasant Run. I hope everyone has a good time ... I can't wait to get back down there. I would love to know the team rosters if a list exists anywhere.
Go Team Seneca!

neonnoodle
Mar 26 2004, 06:20 PM
Team SE Pennsylvania:

Bob Hoffman
Nick Knapp
John Bradway
Nick Kight
Linc Morgan
Karlton Taylor
Steve Martino
Chris Robbins
Angie Martin

I'm waiting for the 3 I'm driving down. Bradway is about done his second round there and his 5th beer.

Chris Hysell
Mar 26 2004, 10:21 PM
Sorry Nick, Bradway had 5 before he started and I thought we might need to build a stretcher to drag him off of the course. He left there on his way to the Grange. Your team is going to be hung over tomorrow. Enjoy the rain.

hvnafit
Mar 26 2004, 11:45 PM
Just wanted to say good luck to all the teams. i am rooting for who ever the underdogs are. i like match play events. my old disc golf friends will only play me at match play. they say i play too much. didn't think you could play too much! i am going with my daughter's church youth group tomorrow to introduce them to disc golf. i need all the devine intervention i can get now that i am moving up to adv. masters.
John
Nikki ask about her trophy. just give it to chris whenever it is done. thanks

johnbiscoe
Mar 27 2004, 08:29 PM
after four matches out of seven standings of the virginia team invitational:
se pennsylvania - a dominant 4-0
blue ridge- amazingly enough 4-0
craig gangloff band- pre-event favorites 3-1
bayville killer b's- 2-2
home on the range 1-3
calvert flyers 1-3
newport news 1-3
NOVA 0-4

congrats to dwight woods on the first ace at pleasant run dgc. hole #1 429 feet with a beast.

congrats to john gregory on setting the new course record at a blazing 56.

johnbiscoe
Mar 28 2004, 07:50 PM
final results VA Team Invitational:
The Craig Gangloff Band defeats Team Blue Ridge in the final to take home the milk can.

CGB- Craig Gangloff, Pat Pitts, John Gregory, Bryan Gawler (capt), Tom Transtrum, Tom Edwards, Rachel Mansir, Paco DeLeonardis, Dylan Behrens

Blue Ridge- Chuck VanDuser, Frank Gonzalez, Vince Whorley (capt), Don Wetzel, Scott Bowman, Will Lewis, Mike Richards, Dwight Woods, Adam Vanderslice

Match Standings prior to final:
Blue Ridge 6-0-1
CGB (seneca) 5-1-1
SE Pennsylvania 5-2
Newport News 3-4
Bayville Killer B's 3-4
Calvert Flyers 3-4
Home Team 2-5
NOVA 0-7

Team MVP's and Spirit Award winners:
Blue Ridge- MVP Adam Vanderslice, Spirit Don Wetzel
CGB (seneca)- MVP Bryan Gawler, Spirit(s) John Gregory
SE Pennsylvania- MVP Karlton Taylor, Spirit Linc Morgan
Newport News- MVP Robzilla, Spirit John Roy
Bayville- MVP Jesse Banks, Spirit Lisa Vinson
Calvert- MVP Tom Kim, Spirit Dawn Parham
Home Team- MVP John Biscoe, Spirit Kelly Swartz
NOVA- MVP Ron Turner, Spirit Rachel Vance

Adam Vanderslice was the only player to win all of his matches.

Home Team sucked all weekend but pulled off the upset against SEPA in the last match to knock PA out of the final. I would like to commend Team SEPA on their sportsmanship as they brought to light a scoring error in their favor which would've put them in the final and CGB out.

Teams wishing to be put on the waiting list for next year should contact me ASAP, 10 of 12 available spots are currently filled.

hvnafit
Mar 28 2004, 09:06 PM
Sounds like an exciting weekend of golf. hopefully I can improve my game enough to be chosen for one of the teams next year. congrats to all who played and surived the nights at the grange. suriving the nights and playing the next day is a battle won all on it's own.

ronturner
Mar 28 2004, 09:33 PM
john----Thanks for a great tournament and weekend. The course was awesome....I heard all good things about the course from so many people...Can't wait to get back there and make a run at JG's smokin round.

ronturner
Mar 28 2004, 09:37 PM
12 teams next year....how will that work? more people per hole?

and do we not have a spot next year or is a NOVA team one of the 10 that are included?

Jeff_Peters
Mar 28 2004, 10:12 PM
Way to go Team Blue Ridge on a very impressive 2nd place showing. I'm looking forward to checking the course out sometime during the long weekend of the 2 Days In May.

whorley
Mar 28 2004, 10:28 PM
First, congrats to team Seneca (or CGB) on their dominating play in the finals. They were the best team there this weekend and they showed it. Also, congrats to all the teams for surviving.

Second, thanks to John Biscoe for letting us play his beautiful and challenging course, running a very complicated format tourny, and for all the amenities this weekend including lunch, trophies, etc...

Third, and most importantly, I'd like to apologize for my words (from the bottom of my heart) to Craig, Pat, JG, Tom, Tom, Paco, Dylan and especially Brian and Rachel. I never wanted to take anything away from your dominating performance. I feel embarrassed for myself, Mike R., my team, team Seneca, John B. and everyone who was there. I hope noone holds this against Mike R. or any of team Blue Ridge, because these were my own words/opinions.

whorley
Mar 28 2004, 10:31 PM
Thanks, Jeff. You're our biggest fan! I hope you're ready to play for the team next year.

johnbiscoe
Mar 29 2004, 09:22 AM
12 teams next year....how will that work? more people per hole?

and do we not have a spot next year or is a NOVA team one of the 10 that are included?

more holes (24 or 27) and a bit later in the year. all teams playing this year have dibs for next year since we are expanding the field. once we reach a point where we have the same number of teams each year we will start to kick out the last place finisher as i believe they do in san diego and wisconsin.

Chris Hysell
Mar 29 2004, 09:36 AM
Hey school teacher, why couldn't you figure that out?

John, does that mean that there may not be a home team after next year? What was up with our guys? Geez.

gang4010
Mar 29 2004, 09:54 AM
Wow what a fun weekend. Many thanks to John Biscoe and his family for allowing us on to their gorgeous property.

The format was also a blast - and very well thought out and organized - kudos again to Biscoe for this effort, and having all the supporting paper to make it clear for everyone involved.

If there is a special sportsmanship award -it would definitely go to team PA for discovering and bringing to light the scoring error that bumped them from the finals. Several of our team were on the cusp of being out of the driveway when it came to light. I'm not sure I've seen a better example of sportsmanship than that exhibited by Team PA. Also congrats to team Blue Ridge who played excellent golf all weekend - whose only team losses all weekend were to CGB - great shooting guys.

And lastly way to go TEAM CGB!!!! Way to stick with it everybody - can't wait to see that milk jug all cleaned up!! But geez - by next year Paco and Dylan will probably be playing Open - we might need some new advanced players. It's be a shame to break up the band - which instruments did you guys play anyway :)

johnbiscoe
Mar 29 2004, 12:03 PM
thanks craig. a few glitches, as with any new format, but i think things went pretty well. congrats again on the win.

hysell- home team will ALWAYS have an exemption.

team trim is in the mix for 2005.

Chris Hysell
Mar 29 2004, 12:28 PM
John, TT may try to recruit me. I'm popular amongst their members. Well, not as popular since I didn't play at their event last weekend. I guess that was all part of your master plan. You're a tricky mutha.

patpitts
Mar 30 2004, 10:06 AM
John - Thanks for the great time last weekend... I had a blast! The course is awesome..one of the best I've played... even w/ the poopie pies. If you find my back somewhere on the course will you please send it to my house, I gonna need it. I also want to thank my good buddy Chris Hysell for letting me stay at his house all weekend. Your a good man, I don't care what they say about you.

Chris Hysell
Mar 30 2004, 10:14 AM
Pat, you are just saying that because deep inside you want to switch to Discraft.

patpitts
Mar 30 2004, 10:26 AM
You never know what the future may hold! :D

johnbiscoe
Mar 30 2004, 10:31 AM
thanks pat. i thought the back i found was mine but i'll check. i'm also still looking for 2 of my teammates who were apparently lost. we may have to kick out all the redheads next year. (jack is getting grayer all the time). :)

hysell- your post count is stuck.

chris hysell- spirit of the new south.

Chris Hysell
Mar 30 2004, 10:35 AM
Must not keep posting. Oh well, peer pressure got to me.
John, when is the first individual event at your course? Will the Va Doubles Championship be held there?

johnbiscoe
Mar 30 2004, 10:35 AM
...now it's time for me to go move the bridges before they wash away this evening. i would imagine i will find some plastic as well. :)

johnbiscoe
Mar 30 2004, 10:43 AM
Must not keep posting. Oh well, peer pressure got to me.
John, when is the first individual event at your course? Will the Va Doubles Championship be held there?

currently scheduled is the Golden Horseshoe Open 7/17. Along with that event is the Spotsy Summer Open at Loriella 7/18. Combined score for the 2 will determine this year's VA rep to USDGC. i will also be scheduling some sort of one and done event between now and the end of May at pleasant run to allow me to generate some useful numbers (ssa, hole avgs, etc)

VA Doubles will PROBABLY be contested in part at Pleasant Run. I will be making the decisions re that event in the next few days. It is possible that only the pros will play there. worst shot? hmmmmm.

discgeez
Mar 30 2004, 10:48 AM
John, I've got a yellow CE classic roc in the water behind #4. If you can get it that would be great otherwise I guess it will end up in Lake Anna :( Thanks again John for a great event and a wonderful course ;) PS playin 2 rounds with Hysell wasn't THAT bad :eek:

neonnoodle
Mar 30 2004, 11:14 AM
Team SEPA would like to thank John for having us to this great event on this great course with these great people. Everyone was very impressed with the whole show.

Of course we're disappointed in not making the final but we still feel like winners from the experience.

Thanks again John!

Zilla
Mar 30 2004, 07:16 PM
John Thanks... for putting this together.it was awesome...I would like to thank team N.N. for havig me on their team..Thanks for nominating me MVP also.Is next year here yet...I want to say sorry to all the guys I whipped up on in the O4 division...Brian G will you just shut up!!

johnbiscoe
Mar 30 2004, 08:09 PM
disc recovery complete- surprisingly enough, almost all discs found were from players in the craig gangloff band. tom, i will bring your disc to bluemont and give it to whichever md folk are there.

neonnoodle
Mar 31 2004, 09:13 AM
You're Welcome! :D

discgeez
Mar 31 2004, 09:20 AM
Thanks alot John.

Dick
Apr 04 2004, 12:34 AM
and don't you virginia guys forget to head up to patapsco for a preview of the newly cleaned up course before the picnic A tier. patapsco pro-am on april 10(next sat.)has divisions for everyone and room still available. course is clean and playing tough. contact Tom P. for more info - 301-596-7407

johnbiscoe
Apr 12 2004, 09:50 PM
once again, it�s
Two Days in May
PDGA B Tier Disc Golf Tournament
The Grange Disc Golf Resort
Spotsylvania, VA
Sunday and Monday May 30-31 2004

Win your group, win a disc last round.
Lucky Loser and much more!
Camping at course, of course.

Field limited to 90 pros , 90 amateurs.

Open- $60 Masters/ GM/ Ladies- $50
Advanced- $40 Intermediate-$30 Recreational/ Jr- $20
Non-PDGA members add $5.
10:00 Tee Time

Registration/Info- Ted Zadareky
(703)-823-1707 [email protected]
208 Ellsworth St Alexandria, VA 22314

Virginia Doubles Championships
Saturday May 29, 2004 - unsanctioned

Open-$60 (per team) Masters-$50 Mixed Pro-$50
Advanced- $40 Intermediate- $30 Mixed Ams- $30

Registration/Check In- 8:30-9:30 Tee time 10:00 at the Grange

Pro divisions will probably play Grange Dark Side/Pleasant Run.
Am divisions will play Grange Sunny Side/ Grange Dark Side.

Apr 13 2004, 10:11 AM
John..

Got information on the Ace Run Disc Challenge VIII yet??

Wynne

johnbiscoe
Apr 13 2004, 09:34 PM
ace run is likely not happening and will not be sanctioned should it occur.

neonnoodle
Apr 20 2004, 01:29 PM
John,

How do I prereg for your Super Tour at the Grange? Is there an online option?

(It's probably somewhere in the bowels of this thread, but I lack the patience to find it...)

Thanks again for the invite to your crib event. Everyone had a great time!

Chris Hysell
Apr 20 2004, 01:33 PM
The Old Dominion Showdown in October? Got some extra money Nick?

neonnoodle
Apr 20 2004, 01:59 PM
At $75 for a Super Tour, I don't need any extra. Now THAT is a good price. I've committed to playing ALL of the MADC Series in my final year in Open, so $75 will be one of the lower entry fees (particularly for a ST) I pay all year...

Camping is available at the Grange, right?

ronturner
Apr 20 2004, 02:05 PM
camping at the grange is not only available, it is almost mandatory.

neonnoodle
Apr 20 2004, 03:41 PM
How about tent jumping?

ronturner
Apr 20 2004, 04:04 PM
i think you are referring to tent diving...that is allowed at the grange also, but the west virginia open is my preferred tent diving site.

neonnoodle
Apr 20 2004, 04:25 PM
Of course, DIVING... Any idea where to sign up for the event?

ronturner
Apr 20 2004, 07:20 PM
not sure nick...i'm guessing you just send money to john biscoe's address...don't know it..Lawyers Rd...i'm sure you can find it somewhere on here if you really want to pay this early...

whorley
Apr 20 2004, 10:52 PM
Good luck at Dogwood this weekend Ron! Try to lay off the tent diving /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ronturner
Apr 20 2004, 11:33 PM
thanks..although you are a week ahead of yourself...this weekend is seneca..and then the crosstown.

will you be at either?

whorley
Apr 20 2004, 11:50 PM
Obviously not, since I don't know which weekend they are :D I'll probably see you next at the Grange. Just hurry up and qualify for the USDGC so more spots are available for me.

dsglfnpool
Apr 28 2004, 11:34 AM
I'm back and a VA resident again. Looking forward to this and all of the other great DG things in this state! Oh it is good to be home:-)

Apr 28 2004, 12:26 PM
Good to have you back Terry.

Now fix your personal info..still says Rowley, MA!

ronturner
Apr 28 2004, 03:12 PM
Terry, what part of VA are you in now?

dsglfnpool
Apr 28 2004, 04:07 PM
Ron, Breaking ground on our home next week in Lexington where we have secured a rental for the next year starting in June. Susi, I will fix my address soon as soon as we move into the rental. For now I will be back and forth constantly as I am involved in the construction process. I currently stay in hotels or camp out on our land.

Apr 28 2004, 04:42 PM
Ok slack has been cut, Mr. West.

whorley
Apr 28 2004, 10:37 PM
Congrats! Welcome back to VA! I'm sure Wetzel, Bowman, and Hoeppner will join me in wishing you good luck. I live in Forest, which is a little over an hour from Lexington. Please let me know if you'd like to come play a round with us in the near future.
Vince

dsglfnpool
Apr 29 2004, 07:59 AM
Guess you don't know Don, Scott, and Mitch that well if you think that they will wish me good luck, especially if I am playing against them:-)

Just kidding of course, are you a RAT? Do they still call themselves RATS?

Chris Hysell
Apr 29 2004, 08:51 AM
Hurry back Terry. At least you aren't afraid to play against me.

Chris Hysell
Apr 29 2004, 09:14 AM
2004 BATTLEFIELD OPEN

A PDGA �C� TIER EVENT
June 5th & 6th
At Dorey Park. Henrico Co., Va. & Gillies Creek Park, Richmond, Va.
Check in by 9:30 a.m. each day.
Saturday June 5th � Dorey Park
ROUND 1 from White Tees begins at 10:00 a.m.
ROUND 2 from Blue Tees to be announced.
Sunday June 6th � Gillies Creek Park
ROUND 3 � Long Layout begins at 10:00 a.m.
ROUND 4 Short Layout to be announced.
OPEN MEN, WOMEN & MASTERS $43
ADVANCED AMATEUR MEN & WOMEN $33
AMATEUR MEN & WOMEN $23
CONTACT CHRIS HYSELL @ 804-789-1009
OR AT [email protected] FOR MORE INFO.
Payment through Paypal at [email protected] Add $2
Make checks payable to Chris Hysell
Include PDGA# & Mail to:
Chris Hysell
8048 Peaks Rd.
Mechanicsville, Va. 23116

whorley
Apr 29 2004, 10:32 AM
I only call them a rat when they beat me! Which means just about every time! /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
To my knowledge, the RAT is alive in spirit only. Of course, I only met them about four years ago. I really don't know squat about RAT, because I came in a little late in the game. I don't live in Roanoke, much closer to Lynchburg. SB still plays disc golf like a madman, MH is constantly working on his course in Christiansburg (when he's not helping us with our course in Appomattox), and DW plays disc with us with we can get him away from his motorcycle. :)

dave9921
Apr 29 2004, 12:15 PM
Hey VA tossers-

From the stories I've heard, RAT stands for 'Roanoke Adventure Team.' Apparently, members of this all-male club would travel from city to city around VA, NC, TN, and wherever else the wind blew them. There'd be some shopping involved, questionable snapshot photography, and long nights in cheap motels.

-Dave

Jeff_Peters
Apr 29 2004, 09:32 PM
I played in the last few "RAT" "monthly's" at Fishburn Park in 1999 and 2000, those were my first competitive disc golf events I participated in. The "monthly's" were moved to the course in Christiansburg in the summer of 2000 when the new course went in up there. Fishburn has only 9 permanent holes, but I would dare to say there is at least 50 different temporary holes that they played over the years using every possible part of the park. But as everyone know's the worst part about Fishburn is that the local people there use the disc golf course as a dog walk/nature trail/picnic area and that can sometimes ruin a dics golf day.

hvnafit
May 02 2004, 08:43 AM
i am calling out all advance masters in the area to come to the "2 Days in May" event.
really though i am hoping that we have enough advance masters to have a divison. come and play in the biggest spring event in centeral va area. there will be awesome golf and great entertainment after the sun goes down!!!!!

May 03 2004, 11:13 PM
Pre Regs are actually coming in for 2 Days in May. Ben has been killing himself making the course look good. Mike has ordered discs with all the Grange Stamps. Va Doubles should be huge on Saturday. This is going to be one Big Disc Golf weekend.

eddie_ogburn
May 03 2004, 11:21 PM
Can I get some info on 2 days?? How many mixed dubs pairs are commin??

May 04 2004, 12:18 AM
yeah, it's on the same weekend as Big Valley.....

May 04 2004, 12:23 AM
As I recall, we had 3 or 4 teams of mixed dubs last year. Doubles on Saturday has had as many as 52 teams. Ams will play Dark and Sunny Side at the Grange. Pros will play Dark Side (wooded) and possibly Biscoe Farm (long and elevation). Ronnie Turner/Pat Pitts, Moser and Tony Ellis will compete with Zilla/Skinner. Play well or go without cash.

mdgnome
May 04 2004, 12:32 AM
TWO DAYS IN MAY

One of the best times i have ever had at a tourney!A sweet setup with video games and a lighted Tiki course for nightime pleasure!
Last year was a sloppy mess and a i can't wait to get back!!!!
:D
Could there be more 4x4 action?Hope not,but it was a crowd pleaser!

MTL21676
May 04 2004, 12:47 AM
def. a fun event - wish I was coming back this year, but gotta stay in NC for the NC points series

patpitts
May 04 2004, 08:21 AM
Does anyone know when the next Grange monthly will be????

whorley
May 04 2004, 08:39 AM
Hey, Ted! Two posts in one night? Only 2,500 more and you'll catch up to Hysell!
Thanks for the Two Days info! Let us know if you have more, like which courses we are playing singles and doubles, what are the entry fees, and when the all important Tiki contest tee off!

PS Go Skins!!!!!!!!!!! :D :cool::eek: :) :D

eddie_ogburn
May 04 2004, 09:14 AM
To whom and where do I send pre-regs? How much do I send? How much is doubles?

Chris Hysell
May 04 2004, 09:18 AM
This is going to be One Big Disc Golf weekend. We are only allowed to throw Condors or Jaguars? That's harsh.

Chris Hysell
May 04 2004, 09:20 AM
Ronnie Turner/Pat Pitts, Moser and Tony Ellis will compete with Zilla/Skinner. Play well or go without cash.

How about team Miller/Hysell? We usually give those guys a run for their money.

Chris Hysell
May 04 2004, 09:21 AM
Ah geez Eddie, look it up.

Two Days in May
Spotsylvania, VA

Non-PDGA members add $5.

eddie_ogburn
May 04 2004, 12:49 PM
Thanks Hyzer. I did look it up. The tourney has no website listed and I scrolled back on this thread a few pages. :confused: Anyway, I'm even skipping Big Valley to come. Wouldn't think of missing this. Especially cause its a B tier. I wish dubs was sanctioned again this year!

ronturner
May 04 2004, 01:15 PM
for doubles, are we playing the cattle farm or the dark side first?

Chris Hysell
May 04 2004, 01:32 PM
You may have to go to the Grange to find out.

patpitts
May 04 2004, 02:12 PM
GP sponsored by Extremo!

ronturner
May 04 2004, 02:27 PM
you know it PP.....i think team GP will be tough to beat.

Chris Hysell
May 04 2004, 02:30 PM
There you go thinking again.

May 04 2004, 05:40 PM
Both Pros and Ams will start doubles at The Grange on Saturday morning and tee at 10 AM. Pros will start on The Darkside. If weather and Biscoe allow, Pros will play the afternoon round at Pleasant Run Farm. Format for Two Days: Pros Sat Sunny Side AM and Darkside afternoon, Sunday Pros will start on Darkside and finish in shootout on the Sunny Side. All subject to change (it is the Grange). Music Festival 2 miles away from the Grange this weekend. Golf in the day and listen to music at night, then late night in The Grange driveway.

hvnafit
May 04 2004, 07:02 PM
Ted
Did you get me res. for 2 days singles event? i also have a partner for the doubles. i am going to try to get that in the mail also. that is if he has his half at leagues wed. night.

Chris Hysell
May 04 2004, 10:27 PM
Both Pros and Ams will start doubles at The Grange on Saturday morning and tee at 10 AM. Pros will start on The Darkside. If weather and Biscoe allow, Pros will play the afternoon round at Pleasant Run Farm. Format for Two Days: Pros Sat Sunny Side AM and Darkside afternoon, Sunday Pros will start on Darkside and finish in shootout on the Sunny Side. All subject to change (it is the Grange). Music Festival 2 miles away from the Grange this weekend. Golf in the day and listen to music at night, then late night in The Grange driveway.

Add another day to the schedule.
Doubles is Saturday.
2Days Format.The singles round starts on Sunday and concludes on Monday.
3 days of golf. I'm going to start practicing tomorrow.

Is that a little better?

May 05 2004, 12:42 PM
Hey Eddie...is Monica coming with you to Two Days in May?

Beth

eddie_ogburn
May 05 2004, 12:43 PM
Yes and we are playing mixed doubles.

snoophaney
May 05 2004, 04:02 PM
I think Monica could do better. :D

Chris Hysell
May 05 2004, 04:07 PM
Walt said what some of us nicer golfers wanted to say but were afraid of the crazy eyes.

snoophaney
May 05 2004, 04:10 PM
Aint Scared

Chris Hysell
May 05 2004, 04:12 PM
^^^^^Skeert

Otherwise you would play 3Days instead on the BVC

jefferson
May 05 2004, 04:13 PM
he knows where the REAL competition is at

Chris Hysell
May 05 2004, 04:14 PM
Larry will be at 3Days.

Chris Hysell
May 05 2004, 04:15 PM
There will be nightly Halo battles going on.

jefferson
May 05 2004, 04:15 PM
ll.... without walt??? :confused:

Chris Hysell
May 05 2004, 04:16 PM
They always fight for my attention.

Chris Hysell
May 05 2004, 04:17 PM
Plus they have video games at the Grange.

jefferson
May 05 2004, 04:17 PM
attention or affection?

Chris Hysell
May 05 2004, 04:19 PM
I actually debated which word to use.

Insert either one.

Chris Hysell
May 05 2004, 04:19 PM
I think there needs to be some TT at the Grange. Bring it.

jefferson
May 05 2004, 04:21 PM
the latters probably more accurate..

snoophaney
May 05 2004, 04:21 PM
I'll come to 3 days in May but only if I'm guaranteed a good time and if Yahnny is there. :D

girlie
May 05 2004, 04:26 PM
Yhan - if you come to 3 days maybe we can combine teams for a TT/Team ROC mixed doubles crush and take out the rest of the field... Hmmm, maybe I should have asked Land instead /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif...

Chris Hysell
May 05 2004, 04:29 PM
It will be a much better time than the same old VS over and over and over. Plus it will rain in Durham and if it rains at the Grange, the good times will double or triple.

jefferson
May 05 2004, 04:34 PM
booo... land definitely isn't coming cause he's trying to maintain his ever narrowing nc points series lead

jefferson
May 05 2004, 04:35 PM
hes also jealous of my new username

jefferson
May 05 2004, 04:38 PM
I'll come to 3 days in May but only if I'm guaranteed a good time and if Yahnny is there. :D

if im there obviously the good time is guaranteed

Chris Hysell
May 05 2004, 04:44 PM
JLand will come to 2Days if MTL is there. MTL needs to be convinced.

snoophaney
May 05 2004, 04:46 PM
Where are we staying? You know we need a TV :D

Chris Hysell
May 05 2004, 04:48 PM
Up in the log. I commute.

jefferson
May 05 2004, 04:49 PM
thats easier said than done, his boyfriends already coming and yet he isn't

Chris Hysell
May 05 2004, 04:53 PM
BF=EO?

jefferson
May 05 2004, 04:59 PM
they don't call him cE.OGay for nothing

whorley
May 05 2004, 05:44 PM
It will be a much better time than the same old VS over and over and over. Plus it will rain in Durham and if it rains at the Grange, the good times will double or triple.

Great point! People who were not there last year wouldn't understand. I only wish that I had a camera! I live closer to Durham, but you know where I'll be!
BTW, I saw you talking a wee bit of smack a while back in response to the doubles teams of SkinnyZilla and Ellis/Moser. I also saw smack talked by Ron and Pat, team GP (*** Pride??). I know you've got a DM as a partner, but I think my partner's even more of a ringer. "Officer" Dwight Woods...

May 05 2004, 09:14 PM
Spoke with Robzilla today and he stated that he and Brian Skinner would win doubles easily. He said they are going to shoot double digits at Biscoes Farm. All talk.Pre Regs keep coming in. Lots of people will be at 3 Days in May. Bring your rain gear and extra beer for the Driveway crowd.

ronturner
May 05 2004, 10:35 PM
Team GP is not scared of Zilla and skinner. I'm ready to set the doubles record at Biscoe's.

Chris Hysell
May 05 2004, 10:52 PM
Boys, are you guys serious? You know how your knees shake and you tremble when I let you close enough to have some of my oxygen. Now get back to earth and assume your positions in 2nd, 3rd or some other loser place.

nudediscgolfer
May 05 2004, 10:59 PM
[i]Robzilla today and he stated that he and Brian Skinner would win doubles easily

[b]2002 was a fluke! booyeah

whorley
May 06 2004, 12:13 AM
You'll assume the position alright, but this is not the time to talk about your pre-game rituals. DW can throw a side arm further than both you and me, skinhead. Does that make make you scared? How about an image of me tossing my hair like I was in a Pantene commercial. Man, you smell like a woman.

eddie_ogburn
May 06 2004, 12:51 AM
they don't call him cE.OGay for nothing

Don't you have anything better to do than talk about me? Don't be mad at me because nobody likes you. I have a girlfriend which is more than I can say for you. Your right hand doesn't count.

Chris Hysell
May 06 2004, 08:44 AM
He can toss his sidearm all he wants. I'll kick his a$s with his old discs. When have I ever been scared of someone who can outdrive me?

Chris Hysell
May 06 2004, 08:46 AM
EO, don't be a hater. We are all jealous of you. Count yourself as lucky to be the topic of conversation. At least you're smart enough to come to 3Days.

patpitts
May 06 2004, 08:50 AM
GP doesn't talk smack! We'll be bringing our *** game and our gerbils!

jefferson
May 06 2004, 09:26 AM
Don't you have anything better to do than talk about me? Don't be mad at me because nobody likes you. I have a girlfriend which is more than I can say for you. Your right hand doesn't count.

i figured, how can one of you be mentioned without the other?? was i mad? look at my avatar, i think i'm quite content. does the left hand backwards count, mooky says so but only if its asleep...

quickdisc
May 06 2004, 10:03 AM

i figured, how can one of you be mentioned without the other?? was i mad? look at my avatar, i think i'm quite content. does the left hand backwards count, mooky says so but only if its asleep...

Is that a beer or something stronger ? :D

eddie_ogburn
May 06 2004, 10:16 AM
look at my avatar, i think i'm quite content.

You look like a fairy.

teamtrim
May 06 2004, 10:42 AM
Like OG White Chocolate said...

"don't be a hater"

May 06 2004, 11:08 AM
Is that a beer or something stronger ? :D

it appears to be EVAN

Chris Hysell
May 06 2004, 11:18 AM
Two Days in May
Spotsylvania, VA

Non-PDGA members add $5.

Chris Hysell
May 06 2004, 11:21 AM
2004 BATTLEFIELD OPEN

A PDGA �C� TIER EVENT
June 5th & 6th
At Dorey Park. Henrico Co., Va. & Gillies Creek Park, Richmond, Va.
Check in by 9:30 a.m. each day.
Saturday June 5th � Dorey Park
ROUND 1 from White Tees begins at 10:00 a.m.
ROUND 2 from Blue Tees to be announced.
Sunday June 6th � Gillies Creek Park
ROUND 3 � Long Layout begins at 10:00 a.m.
ROUND 4 Short Layout to be announced.
OPEN MEN, WOMEN & MASTERS $43
ADVANCED AMATEUR MEN & WOMEN $33
AMATEUR MEN & WOMEN $23
CONTACT CHRIS HYSELL @ 804-789-1009
OR AT [email protected] FOR MORE INFO.
Payment through Paypal at [email protected] Add $2
Make checks payable to Chris Hysell
Include PDGA# & Mail to:
Chris Hysell
8048 Peaks Rd.
Mechanicsville, Va. 23116