i aced #9 at Peace last nite!

sandalman
Sep 17 2002, 09:50 PM
with a blue Discraft D2 Fighter

sandalman
Sep 17 2002, 09:50 PM
its a really tough lefty hole, btw

Sep 18 2002, 12:02 AM
Pat aren't you in China? How could you ace a hole here at Pease when your there? Good Stuff???

Sep 18 2002, 12:08 AM
Oh I see.... is there a course where you're at called Peace? Sorry, I didn't see the spelling.. My wife the Executive Assistant corrected me over my shoulder. Hope all is good.

Sep 18 2002, 01:48 AM
On the 14th we had a friendly casual doubles match here at the Simmons Center course in Duncan OK. The home team (Johnny Zumwalt and myself) against the Texas team of (Anthony Newbury and Justin Kerr).

Before teeing off on #4, I told the visiting team that no one has ever aced this hole before. My partner had parked his shot and I was the last to throw. I said I was going to go for it. So, I threw my 174g Z-Purr'r on a line and when it hit the chains it looked like a 220' putt. Sweet Ace

I have to mention that the visiting team shot a -17 on 20 holes, setting a new (doubles) course record. Congratulations

sandalman
Sep 18 2002, 02:38 AM
it was in my dreams Ric /msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif ... notice the name of the disc i threw ( and i mispelled Pease )

Sep 19 2002, 04:16 PM
I've been waiting for the day I could legitimately post on this thread. Today is that day! WooHooooo!

Today at Lago Vista on hole #18 (which is old #17 for anyone familiar with course) I got my FIRST ACE! Thank God my golfin' buddy Sam Janis was there to witness it, because I'd have a hard time convincing those of you that have actually seen me play before.

Its only 150', but its not your typical ace run type hole. For those of you who've never seen it, its dam near straight up, sharper than a 45 degree angle by a long shot. Sam said it was in when it left my hand, but I thought it was too high. Then, BANG! I reached around behind me and grabbed that monkey on my back by the neck, threw him down and stomped the crap out of him. /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

Sep 19 2002, 04:29 PM
way to go buddie!!!...and in the rain...

my_hero
Sep 19 2002, 05:46 PM
Nice Martyr! No.. Mo.. Mon.. Key..Fo.. U.. No.. Mo.. Mon.. Key.. Fo.. U.. No more monkey for you!

Sep 19 2002, 07:40 PM
Nice shot...Gorilla Boy. /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

Sep 19 2002, 09:15 PM
Thanks guys. It felt good to get that first one out of the way. /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

rhett
Sep 19 2002, 09:29 PM
I hope you threw a putter and not a Valkyrie! /msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif Nice shot anyway.

Sep 19 2002, 09:51 PM
That's a 150' shot that you wouldn't want to throw a putter on, straight uphill. CE-JLS Test Run Of 2000.

I did park a 200' some-odd hole with a putter earlier in the round, if that makes you feel better. /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

my_hero
Sep 19 2002, 11:28 PM
200' putter shot! Go Pro! /msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif

Sep 20 2002, 12:59 AM
Way to go Mark!

lauranovice
Sep 20 2002, 09:47 AM
That's great Mark. It must feel wonderful!

Sep 22 2002, 09:44 PM
Danny Reeves, aka "Kid Roc", Aced #2 & #16 @ Gulley yesterday during a warm-up for our mini. Shame that he couldn't have waited an hour....either one would have been worth $150! /msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif
&, oh yeah.... I hit #2 today!!! /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif The best part is that my beautiful wife, April, was my witness.

Sep 23 2002, 11:04 AM
Got another email from Kid Roc. He hit another ace yesterday. 3 in one week for the fairly newcomer Reeves! Way to go Danny!!

Sep 23 2002, 11:59 AM
I didn't finish DFL Sunday at the Rosedale Am Championships!

YAYYYYYYY! Yayyyyy! That's Great! /msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif

Ford

jeffash
Sep 23 2002, 03:12 PM
When Danny plays well, we say he's from Fayetteville.
When Danny doesn't play well, we say he's from Arlington.
/clipart/proud.gif
Yesterday "Kid Roc" and "Comet Boy" were partners at our mini!

chris
Sep 23 2002, 09:10 PM
I have some HUGE news!!!! I just "Out Drove" a 166 foot hole. I think it might be one of my first holes I've ever out-driven. It was pretty exciting, the only bad part was I missed the 10 foot come back putt. Oh well, maybe next time.

chris
Sep 23 2002, 09:15 PM
I forgot to add that I parked the hole with my 150-class CE-Valkryie. I can just crush that disc (with a huge tail wind) and yes, there was about a 15 mph tail wind on that hole. Usually I land half way there. But not this time, I got all of that 166' !!!

dannyreeves
Sep 23 2002, 09:57 PM
And Comnet boy didn't mention that we won that mini.

dannyreeves
Sep 23 2002, 09:59 PM
How is it that I have been playing about a year and half, I never had an ace and then I hit 3 in a weekend?

Sep 23 2002, 11:38 PM
Aced # 18 at Circle C today.....hooray beer!

Sep 24 2002, 02:07 AM
Hooray!

Sep 24 2002, 12:03 PM
Nice ace, Curtis. Circle C #18? What was it like to hear your ace and not see it?

Sep 24 2002, 12:22 PM
It was pretty funny. I heard it hit chains and then I ran up the fairway to see if it stuck. I got around the corner and saw my little piece of orange plastic suspended in the air. Pretty cool.

Sep 24 2002, 12:55 PM
Far out. You gotta tell us what you threw, though.

Hooray beer! /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

my_hero
Sep 24 2002, 01:25 PM
That's not an ace. It must be supported by the chains or the tray, not the air/msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif Great shot!

chris
Sep 25 2002, 12:57 AM
Hey Guys! I have GREAT news!!
I just hit chains on a 35 foot putt. Pretty soon one of them might go in and BAM, I'll have a duece just like that!

Sep 25 2002, 01:04 AM
i've still never thrown a jaguar. /clipart/proud.gif

Sep 25 2002, 04:58 PM
I made POO POO on the potty, Again!

Sep 25 2002, 05:04 PM
Congratulations, Meister, your family must be so proud. /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

Sep 25 2002, 10:40 PM
> I made POO POO on the potty, Again!

Not bad, Steve. Now you can start working on getting it "IN" the potty, not "ON" the potty! /clipart/proud.gif/clipart/proud.gif/clipart/proud.gif

Sep 26 2002, 08:31 AM
Last night in the same 9-hole round in Delaware, Ohio, I hit putts of 60, 70, and 90 feet using my Z Putt'r. Alas, I also missed putts of 10, 12, and 15 feet, so the balance of nature was, well, balanced... The 70-footer came on the final hole for a birdie to give me the match by one stroke over a buddy who is 10 years older and was playing last night with a sore shoulder (he could barely putt). Who's da MAN??!!

Sep 26 2002, 11:04 AM
DUNCAN LAKE COURSE (Duncan OK)

Had a little cosmetic surgery done to it last week. Hole #13 went from 200'(NE) to approximatly 450'(due N). Hole #14 which was already a great hole, went from 420'(NW) to a elevated valley hole of around 400'. We have'nt got the wheel out and measured the true distance yet, and were still in the process of mowing.

For you all that have played DLC(hillclimber) know that a course BOAST is well deserved.

Sep 26 2002, 03:06 PM
I Freakin Finally got an ace when it counted. Man it feels greeeaat! It went down like this. It was approximately 5:41pm the weekly had just got under way and I hadn't even taken a warm up throw. It was hole #1 Oak Grove Park Stockton Cali. With a large group of onlookers hanging around the tee I proceeded to rip my Champion Valkyrie right into the middle of the chains, CHACHING! Warm ups are far to overated because replicating the beauty of my discs flight would be near impossible. As you may guess my pockets and head grew as the disc settled in the basket. What a day! Windjammer representin!

Pizza God
Sep 26 2002, 04:22 PM
HA, I can finally boast about something. I shot my best round ever at Lake Lewisville yesterday. 8 down. This was without even warming up.

Can't wait until Saturday, STEVENVILLE baby.

ZT10

jzumwalt
Sep 26 2002, 09:40 PM
New hole #14 at Duncan Lake will be the most elevated tee on the course along with several other elevated tees and holes. I think changes that we are going to make will make this one of the premier courses around. We haven't even put tee markers out on #14 to make it an official hole and I've already played it gobs of times and had more fun throwing it than any hole I have thrown in awhile if ever. Hole #11 has already been changed from last year for more distance but less walking distance between holes. These changes will make the walks between holes substantialy shorter. I haven't gotten out there to mow yet but should get to it sometime in the next two weeks. (Grass very high. city of Duncan does not mow it) Everybody that can should come to the Hillclimber Open Nov 16th & 17th and play this course. It's a big disc golf and campout party. /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

pterodactyl
Sep 26 2002, 09:47 PM
Jason Harrison, my doubles partner, forgot to mention that we won the weekly too for an extra 25 points each. Take that DiscGolfDude!

Sep 27 2002, 10:59 AM
Shot my best round EVER last night! -5 at Water Works!!! 7 birds and 2 boges!

I'm a good golfer /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

Ford

Sep 27 2002, 03:50 PM
so was that short pins then Candy? Remember, be truthful, I've seen ya throw! /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

FEAR MY DFL SKILLS!

Sep 27 2002, 03:57 PM
Yep. All short. I know that at least one of the bogeys was a stupid inside 10' facemask put. I had 4 or 5 Ace runs that I can think of. It was pretty exciting...'Ole Pinky was on the $ last night!!! OOOOOOH! I think it's gonna' go in.....AAAAAA....Just left by inches....WOOOOH HOOOOOOO!

Sep 27 2002, 06:19 PM
Ijust got my first ace on #8 on the Everything disc golf web game!! WHOO HOO! Still ony 8 under, though. /clipart/happy.gif/clipart/sad.gif "Meister"

Sep 27 2002, 08:09 PM
NICE SHOOTIN CANDYMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dannyreeves
Sep 30 2002, 12:26 AM
I hit an ace on #17 on Friday night at the doubles in Stillwater. And yes, that makes 4 aces in a week!

Sep 30 2002, 01:43 AM
You go out of town to play Duncan Lake and play like crap, then decide to play the other course with a doubles partner against two locals, not only kicking their butts, but taking the course record home with you. By the way....nice ace Marty.

Sep 30 2002, 12:35 PM
The Ram's are 0-4 /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

Sep 30 2002, 05:59 PM
Thanx Justin,

Johnny and I are looking forward to a rematch. Maybe we can play Oct 12th after <FONT COLOR="ff0000">OU</FONT> beats <FONT COLOR="ff6000">Texas</FONT>. /msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif

ioneca
Sep 30 2002, 08:39 PM
The OAKLAND RAIDERS stomped the Titans. Super Bowl here we come!

rhett
Sep 30 2002, 09:38 PM
Not so fast, Raider Fan.

<FONT COLOR="0000ff"><FONT SIZE=" 2">Chargers beat the Pats!</FONT></FONT>

Sep 30 2002, 11:00 PM
Marty,I might have to talk it over with Anthony, but I think that we might be able to pull something like 20 or 21 down....if you think you can hang with us, let me know.

Oct 01 2002, 01:13 AM
Justin,

We have seen your short game know lets take it out to the <FONT COLOR="0000ff">Lake</FONT> and see what you got. We should have those two new holes in and everything mowed by Oct 12th.

We can make it our little Ryder Cup /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif loser buys lunch.

jzumwalt
Oct 01 2002, 11:31 AM
Bring it on Justin! You guys caught me on a rare disc golf drought. I spent all of my free time on my new four wheeler that month and was very rusty and Marty was having an off day also, but now we are ready. I do have to give it up to you guys though. You two were hitting just about anything from anywhere. Like Marty said we should have the course mowed and ready in a week or two. I am extremely excited about the changes we are making to holes 13 &amp; 14. The course will flow together much more smoothly while adding length to 13 and alot of elevation to 14.

ioneca
Oct 01 2002, 01:13 PM
Go Chargers Rhett! I hope every team stomps the PATS!

chris
Oct 01 2002, 10:09 PM
I hit an ace the first throw of a tournament this weekend, that's kinda cool. My second tournament ace this month.

Oct 01 2002, 10:57 PM
Anthony and I both have tourneys lined up until after Hillclimbers, and I think we might be going to Tulsa for both Am and Pro weekends, but if we decide not to go to Am weekend, I am sure that we could make it to Duncan that weekend to play some golf (19-20 of Oct). I loved the lake course even though it ate my poor legs up. Did one of you guys ever find my Firebird out there?

Oct 01 2002, 11:01 PM
We are going to Mr. Jims Carrollton Open on the 12 and 13, but maybe we could play the weekend after that....get a little warm up before Hillclimbers

jzumwalt
Oct 01 2002, 11:58 PM
I haven't found your Firebird but if I do find it I will have a new Firebird. /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif Just kiddin' I would return it.

Oct 05 2002, 02:48 PM
Played the new layout at UNC this morning. Hole 13 (new hole), maybe 200', plays left-to-right along a ridge with the basket tucked back in the trees. Pulled out a Super Roc and tossed a soft turnover shot that floated into the center of the chains (first ever basket ace /clipart/happy.gif), thereby putting an end to the "Most Consecutive Holes Without an Ace (Basket Course)" streak. (Don't know the exact number, but it dates back to Sept. 1985.)

Well, there's no time like the present to start working on the "Most Consecutive Holes Between Aces" streak, so I pull out my CE Classic Roc, flip it out there and ... BANG!!! Another ace. /clipart/happy.gif/clipart/happy.gif

SEVENTEEN FREAKING YEARS WITHOUT AN ACE, AND NOW TWO ACES ON CONSECUTIVE SHOTS???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? (Actually, no. I've got two witnesses.)

Ok, ok, that second one was luck. (Ok, the first one was too, even though you were aiming at the basket.) Still gotta get started on the "Most Holes Between Aces" streak. Let's go with a DX Spider ... looks about right ... it may be ... it might be ... CHING!!!!!

Three shots, three aces. Look out, Hysell, I'm comin' to get you. /clipart/proud.gif/clipart/proud.gif/clipart/proud.gif

Oh yeah. The guys I was playing with both drew metal.

Oct 05 2002, 08:26 PM
WOW, great shootin. Three in a row!!!! When it rains it pours.... CONGRATULATIONS

Oct 05 2002, 09:32 PM
Thanks, Chris.

BTW, just realized that if I were a DGRZ, #'s 2 &amp; 3 shouldn't count and I'd have taken a 2-circle 3 on the hole since # 2 &amp; 3 came on practice throws, but I ain't, so I'm countin' 'em all as aces. /clipart/proud.gif

Chris Hysell
Oct 06 2002, 12:27 AM
Walt wants to know if the yellow super roc says SNOOP on the bottom.

Chris Hysell
Oct 06 2002, 12:34 AM
BTW Felix, Walt had 3 aces in a round today and so did I. The only difference is that we were playing on a par 2 course. He counts his, I don't count mine towards my overall total. They are just putts.

Oct 06 2002, 06:07 PM
Chris, tell Walt yes, it does, but I've got three witnesses (Carlton, Schweberger, and McRee) that all heard him say it wasn't his. /clipart/happy.gif

bschweberger
Oct 07 2002, 12:23 AM
That is a true statement, Walt said it wasn't his.

morgan
Oct 07 2002, 08:50 AM
I gotta boast, I hit more trees than anybody in my group, in 3 rounds at Warwick I hit 287 trees to my best count, giving me the highest score in my division. The only hole I couldn't find any trees to hit was hole 17, which is why I only got all 3's on that hole in all 3 rounds s-s, s-b and b-s, all 3's. But the other holes thankfully had enough trees to keep my scores 4 or 5 or (I gotta boast) even some 6's!!

Gotta plant more trees!!

rhett
Oct 07 2002, 02:53 PM
I hit two great putts in Texas last week. One was a 35 foot kneeling step-out forehand with a CE Aero that hit low in the chains and kind of hovered there, thinking about hopping out of the tray, before it settled to the bottom. Jimmy Porter course, hole 8 I think. (Where you cross the stream and then walk around by the main road to get over there.)

The other was a pan shot uphill 40-footer on Z-Boaz number 7. I had drifted right on the drive and was at the bottom of that little hill right at the tree line. A nice upside down left-to-right overhand SE Rhyno shot hit clean and straight in.

Now if I could just hit a non-trick-shot putt once in a while...

ioneca
Oct 07 2002, 02:58 PM
Saturday, Oct. 5th I shot -9 at Oak Park in Stockton, Ca., we played 45 holes that day. Sunday, Oct. 6th I shot -5 at Orangevale (Oak), we played 36 holes that day. Definately the best two days I have had in a long time!

rhett
Oct 07 2002, 03:24 PM
Saturday, Oct. 5th I shot -9 at Oak Park in Stockton, Ca.,

What did you shoot on the back nine? /msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif

ioneca
Oct 07 2002, 05:03 PM
-9 for 18 holes. Not to bad for a beginner. I could have been -13 if my putts hadn't hit the middle of the basket. Still my best game ever!!

rhett
Oct 07 2002, 06:14 PM
Just kidding, Ray. I played Stockton once one weekend and it was kind of short. Didn't get close to 9 down, though, so that's a great score. My best ever anywhere is still a pair of 9 downs (not even the same month) at Morley in pretty much the "all short" configuration.

ioneca
Oct 07 2002, 06:51 PM
No offense taken Rhett. I am just coming into my game now and am debating whether to try some tourney's. I just hope I can keep my putting game on. Tell them Charger's to work hard this week, you know who's comin to play. ]/msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

rhett
Oct 07 2002, 07:16 PM
9 down and debating playing a tourney??? Go to the monthly there at that park and come back on here and boast about beating The Dud! /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

ioneca
Oct 07 2002, 07:38 PM
I am curious Rhett because I know you run tourney's, if I could consistantly play 5-10 under at most courses in Northern Cal what division should I shoot for Am, Adv or Pro? I will try some local monthly's to have a wake up call playing against other player's.

rhett
Oct 08 2002, 04:07 AM
With a -9 under your belt, I say play Advanced. If you whoop the field, ignore the sandbagger comments and say, "Whooda thunk I was so dang good" and play Pro next time. If you get creamed move down to intermediate next time. Be sure to keep how you played compared to how you normally played in mind, because if the slow "tourney pace" throws you off you and you play crappier than normal you probably shouldn't move down. You'll adjust to tourney conditions quickly. Conversely, if you rise to the challenge and shoot once-in-a-lifetime scores far better than anything you ever shot before, you probably shouldn't move up right away until you do it again.

Just MNSHO. /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

Oct 08 2002, 01:26 PM
Ray,

I shoot about -5 to -9 on my home courses and this is what i did. I played a sanctioned tourney(B-tier) and played intermediate and I placed 4th. The slow pace of the tourney did mess with my game as Rhett was saying and i flubbed a couple of rounds. It was obvious to me that i was in the wrong division because if I could have 2 horrible rounds and still finish at the top I probably should not be there. So, now i will play ADV. and once i get the slow pace and the nerves past me (if that's possible /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif ) then hopefully i will be on the leader card before to long.

So basically my suggestion to you is go ahead and play INT. if it is a large event and see where you fit from there. If it is a small c-tier or non-sanctioned event then go ahead and play advanced to see if you fit.

I hope that helps you out.

P.S. Your first tourney is gonna make you wish you started playing tournements alot sooner.It's a blast!

ioneca
Oct 08 2002, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the info Rhett. I admit I do need more practice because I only get the chance to play on weekends but I will look into local monthly tourney's and see how I do under pressure. Thanks again for the info and see you out at the course somtime.

Oct 08 2002, 02:35 PM
I would like to Boast for the PDGA...
We the PDGA have done our very best to shake this spinless wwwanker from our group and have this day succeeded in doing so.
wwwisniffdirtyundies has promised to quit the PDGA. We the PDGA are proud of our efforts and thank those whom have helped with the task, especially that cool guy DGD.
Later Luggage!

ioneca
Oct 08 2002, 07:13 PM
Thanks Scott, much appreciated. Do I have to join the PDGA? Is it to my advantage or disadvantage? I wouldn't mine joining if it helps me win $$ (if I am good enough).

Oct 08 2002, 10:37 PM
If you are planning on playing sanctioned events then it is definatly worth joining. The disc,mini,rule book and subscription to DGWN magazine is worth the $30 dollars on its own. Also you get your points tracked, a player rating,
and you don't have to pay the $5 non-member fee everytime you enter a tourney. Bottom line is, it is worth it to get a membership if you are planning on being a tournement player.

And as far as helping you win $ or plastic coins, the pay out is much larger in A-Tier and Major events and only members are allowed to play those events.So yes, it does give you a chance to win more money or plastic.

ioneca
Oct 08 2002, 11:00 PM
Right On! I'm in!! Thanks Scott. Maybe see you out at the course.

rhett
Oct 14 2002, 12:03 PM
I successfully shot my way out of DFL on Sunday, falling back on the last-resort goal of beating at least one person who finished in my division. I beat two of 'em. /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

seewhere
Oct 14 2002, 12:42 PM
First round Carrolton OPEN I TOOK Joel Kelly's BAG TAG..... YAHOO !! I finally shot worth a SH*T in a tourney only to forget how to play on sunday and screwed myself right out of cash..

exczar
Oct 14 2002, 01:07 PM
Thanks to helpful hints from Rhett, I persuaded my 11 year old son to play in his first DG tournament (I was ready to bribe him, but fortunately, it didn't get that far). It was the best introduction I could have hoped for. Between rounds Saturday at Carrollton Greenbelt, a temp course was set up. Nine holes, with none longer than 200 ft. There were 5 kids, and my son happened to be the oldest (there were 2 under 16 boys, but Bryan had them play the full four rounds as if they were in the Novice group, then gave the winner between the two another Junior award). He was running behind, but it was worth the wait. My son, Drake, was fortunate enough to win, and we came back Sunday for the awards ceremony, and he got a nice round of applause as he received his Nice Mr Jims glass trophy, which he promptly put along side his soccer and basketball trophies. Bryan posed for a picture I took of him presenting the trophy to Drake (I told Bryan that I was going to take a pic, and he said, "Gee, I guess I better shave!", then went over to his truck, pulled out a cordless electric razor, and shaved! That guy is prepared for everything!

Thanks Bryan and thanks Rhett!

OPP (One Proud Papa)

The only problem was that I was caddying for him, and was offering advice to him when it was not solicited (stage mother syndrome).

ioneca
Oct 14 2002, 01:57 PM
I played in my first tourney. Friday Night Doubles @ Orangevale Oak Park. My partner and I took 3rd place @ -7. We were just behind the leaders who played in our group @ -10. I cashed out @ $15.00.

Oct 14 2002, 02:07 PM
Playing this weekend at the Mr. Jims Carrollton Open. I shank my drive on the 470'ish #16 at Jimmy Porter. It barely makes the bushy trees and hyzers into Josey Lane. Bam! Hits the side of an suv then kicks into the far left lane. Another car hits and spins it into the middle lane. Another car hits it and kicks it forward about 35-40 feet. It rolls to the curb and jumps back in bounds. I now am just short of pin high, about 45-50' out. I take a very fraidly run at a two, get my par and get the heell off that hole.

For an alternate version of this story contact Gene "Biff" Barfield. Just don't believe him about the putt!Ha!

Oct 14 2002, 02:51 PM
I had 8 birdies in a row to get to within one stroke of the leader before choking on the last hole of the tournament. See the Shelly Sharpe thread.

rhett
Oct 14 2002, 03:20 PM
Sounds sweet, Bill! It sure is hard to shut up sometimes, eh? I remember seeing my son pull his Aviar putter out of the bag for a blind 90-degree left-hand turn 300-foot hole at Worlds in Michigan. I bite my tongue and cringe as he proceeds to get his first Ace ever! With the camera behind the basket, no less. (The Worlds 2000 Video opens with his shot. Later on they show it again while they interview someone else.)

pnkgtr
Oct 14 2002, 04:17 PM
A good disc golf week.

I played as a single straight up against a doubles team they quit after 8 holes when I was up by 5. I wouldn't let them pay me though.

Got my tenth ace.

Won the doubles round with a partner that was so excited to finally win he was calling people on his cell phone.

Turned 42! Sheesh I'm old!

Bought 3 Xtremes on Ebay for $15

Went go game 4 Giants Cards (not disc golf related but great anyway)

circle_2
Oct 15 2002, 05:57 PM
Until someone can dethrone me, I lay claim to being the youngest Master's age player of 2002!! Date of birth - 12/28/62 Where's my crown King Nothing...though my reign is almost over...unless they raise the friggin' age again!
DOC~N

marcace
Oct 15 2002, 07:29 PM
I will be the youngest Masters player for 2003 birthdate 12-19-63!! /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif BRING IT

pnkgtr
Oct 15 2002, 08:35 PM
I wish I had something like that to boast about.

Oct 18 2002, 12:00 PM
Last weekend I had the best weekend of golf I've played. Shot 2 over at the Friz! Not too bad for a drunken slacker!

On a sour note. I lost my Pinkie, '02 CE Roc! At least it was on an ace run. And thankfully enough I still have an orange one as a backup! BTW, anyone looking to get rid of a '02 CE Roc? /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

Ford

circle_2
Oct 18 2002, 12:23 PM
I shot my best-ever round at my homecourse, here in Lawrence, Kansas. In the sticky, muddy conditions I managed to fire a 48, bogey-free!! Then, immediately after the round, my 'witness' and I played 6 holes with one disc. I chose an SE T-Bird TL, and shot -3, bogey-free!!
I then recalled all the "helpful" advice I had doled out over the years telling the newbies that they shouldn't putt with any disc other than a putter... Perhaps I've never really tried to putt with a driver; but it was magical...45' and in...I nailed all of them putts!!

Oct 18 2002, 02:06 PM
Since the thread is up here, I might as well post my distance record I set. I hadn't even thrown a disc for about a month, so I was even more surprised when I threw it as far as I did. 436 on level ground. I know lots of people throw farther than I do, but 436 is still 436.

Oct 18 2002, 02:10 PM
I scored by first PDGA Open win and my second Cactus Series event win at the Shelley Sharpe tournament in Scottsdale, AZ. There were 20 Open players and 72 total players at the tourney. Hopefully it is the first of many.

bruce_brakel
Oct 18 2002, 05:42 PM
Perhaps I've never really tried to putt with a driver; but it was magical...45' and in...I nailed all of them putts!!

I made all my putts last night at Kensington putting with a Z-XL and tied my personal best from the longs out there. Driver misses can get ugly, but for me there's no putter that feels as comfortable in my hand as a sharp edged driver.

Oct 18 2002, 11:03 PM
Ric Johnson and I shot -13 at Waterloo Doubles today. It's not that it's a great score. -18 was shot a few years ago. But it's really good for us! Last year, on the same course, we shot -4. /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

Oct 18 2002, 11:48 PM
Great round Randy. Ric must've really been hot today. /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

sandalman
Oct 19 2002, 12:55 AM
that wuz /msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif/msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif/msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif , mark

Oct 19 2002, 01:37 AM
He was. Until we played singles with Greg and Javier. I took all their money and kept the bag tag I got from Greg during doubles.

(It's too bad Jerry Crumpton had to quit singles and take care of the baby...he was gonna beat us by about 10 strokes /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif)

orotter
Oct 19 2002, 12:52 PM
I took 15 skins and a San Marino Roc with Hole 15 at Redstone Arsenal stamped in gold on it this morning. Two of the guys I played with have PDGA Ratings more than 100 points higher than me yuk yuk yuk. I usually don't talk smack but I'll probably never have a boast this good again. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good! /msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif

Oct 22 2002, 05:06 AM
First time at Lakewood (south of Seattle) I threw my best round ever!! -2 (for me, that's good)

chris
Oct 22 2002, 04:32 PM
I just shot 4 great tournament rounds this week! 17, 15, 18, and 15 for a total of only 65 over par!! Nice, and I only went out of bounce 15 times during the tournament! For some reason I didn't even cash??

Oct 22 2002, 06:04 PM
Out of Bounce, hmmm. I like it. /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

my_hero
Oct 22 2002, 08:33 PM
But at the USDGC, that's only 3, 1, 4, and 1. Pretty solid/msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

Oct 23 2002, 02:56 AM
Chris,

You OBVIOUSLY are an am. We experienced players would have just played a fifth round, mixed in with the first four, for an running total of -1, -3, 0, -3.

What, you think us good players don't throw a 'practice' shot once in a while?

Take an afternoon and talk to your course pro, okay? OK

Oct 23 2002, 02:57 AM
Chris,

Your homework is to figure out what to score the 'fifth' round.

Good Luck.

See you on the linx.

Remember, I am NOT a real DiscDr, but I play one on the linx.

Oct 23 2002, 05:32 PM
Nice job Lance

I carded a circle 3 on hole 17 at USDGC - I think this is as good a place as any to mention that.

/msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif

my_hero
Oct 24 2002, 01:22 AM
I want to boast!! I aced hole #13 at Bear Creek, Grapevine, Tx. for a whopping $16, and after a four way split on the card, it ended up being $4/msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif Phew, now i can pay my electric bill.

rhett
Oct 24 2002, 03:00 AM
It took seven holes before I could take a lead against my F3O wife, but after that I really opened a can of whoop-a<FONT SIZE=" 0">s</FONT>s on her!

<FONT SIZE="-2">dang that 150g grippy Valk is great disc for her!</FONT>

Oct 24 2002, 03:26 PM
I wanna boast about my round today at Cliff Stephens park in Clearwater. My first time ever playing the course, and I shot a 56 from the pro tees. Not too bad considering that on the front 9, I was throwing the absolute worst approaches i've ever done. My best shot of the day was on hole #16. I put a perfect s-curve over the water, and dropped it 100 feet from the basket. To quote an onlooker, "That is exactly where Kenny puts it." It seems my drive was in good company.

Oct 24 2002, 04:11 PM
Congrats on your ace JM, and on your financial windfall. /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

seewhere
Oct 24 2002, 04:42 PM
I will be in that area CLiff Stephens from Nov5-nov11 if anyone wants to try and get a round in and show an out of towner the course. I would appreciate it.. you can email me your PH # and I can call you when I am in florida.

[email protected]

my_hero
Oct 24 2002, 05:28 PM
Thx Mark! SeaHORSE, no VPO? That's terrifying/msgboard/images/clipart/sad.gif

seewhere
Oct 24 2002, 05:40 PM
yep no vpo have to go to my Neice's wedding in Clear water ..I was looking forward to WHIPPING OLE PEPPER on his HOME course too.

idahojon
Oct 24 2002, 06:24 PM
On Monday, following the USDGC, I got to play a lunchtime round with Dave Dunipace, Harold Duvall, Sam Ferrans, Steve Wisecup, and Chuck Kennedy. (Four Hall of Famers, three past world champions) We played on the Rock Hill HS course, 9 holes regulation, 9 holes safari. I have to say that they were most gracious with this duffer. I got a few lessons, and actually benefitted from the experience highly. And got to see Steve Wisecup throw an ace!

Thanks, gentlemen. It was an experience of a lifetime.

xterramatt
Oct 24 2002, 09:25 PM
It was a good day. I signed about 40 autographs for rabid disc golf fans (and I'm player #21325!), then I got to play Hornet's Nest with Brian McRee and Lesli Herndon, there were some modifications that even I hadn't seen, I parked #9 in the new pin position, and I drove the new tee shot on 17 (basically a 240 foot gauntlet). I parked it in front of the basket in pro style. We all 2ed 17, which was a pretty good accomplishment (you haven't seen the new teepad - it wasn't even a concrete pad yet.

Good day, and on Monday, I played Renny with Barry Schultz, Todd French, Geoff Lissaman, and Dave Greenwell! They whupped me REAL good.

If you wanna see the fun we had, check out http://www.charlottedgc.com/rennykids/

ching_lizard
Oct 25 2002, 02:11 AM
Pretty cool pix Matt! I like 'em! /msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif /msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif

Oct 25 2002, 09:16 AM
Matt, Gret pics!! Was wondering if I could have your permission to use them in a presentation I am making to my local Parks &amp; Rec for a new course? Let me know.

Thanks,

Mike D

xterramatt
Oct 25 2002, 09:59 AM
sure! I need to write up a story on the day, or Kirk Yoo was going to .

It was a good time, and I, being pretty new to the whole tournament scene (I started playing in July after a 5 year hiatus) was totally unaware who I was playing with.... until I got my new copy of DGWN. (I just registered for PDGA a month ago.)

Thanks to all the pros for being really good with the kids, and showing me a lot of great golf!

hapner
Oct 25 2002, 03:32 PM
Jon,

If you played with Dave D., Sam F., Harold D. and Steve W.....you played with 4 past world champs!

Oct 25 2002, 03:47 PM
I wanna give props to my friend Dale who plays this sport blind!

idahojon
Oct 25 2002, 04:10 PM
Even better!

Oct 25 2002, 09:38 PM
Aced #2 Gulley. 2nd time in 33 days. Now ........ if i could only putt. /msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif

jeffash
Oct 25 2002, 10:01 PM
A lot of folks would call #2 at Gulley a putt. /clipart/proud.gif

my_hero
Oct 25 2002, 11:16 PM
Nice Rob. You're lucky it wasn't within the same month. If you ace the same hole within 30.5 days, the hole is to easy, and you must start throwing it opposite handed/msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

Oct 26 2002, 06:00 PM
<FONT SIZE=" 2">I aced #15 long from the pro tee at Cedarock today!!!!</FONT> /clipart/proud.gif

<FONT SIZE="-2">Too bad I was teeing on #18 at the time!</FONT> /clipart/sad.gif

xterramatt
Oct 26 2002, 08:41 PM
WAsn't my time... at Disc Landing Fall Finale, between rounds, the guy in front of me chucked an ace in on #1. I proceeded to skip one off the pole. 3 minutes later, the guy in front of me aces it again, I plant one 2 feet from the pin.

Props to them, but man, I wish I could've followed it up for a pair of aces.

Of course it wasn't in tournament play.... At least I 2ed it when I got around to it in the second round.

Oct 27 2002, 01:13 AM
Aced #9 Gulley.9AM, 16 hours after hitting #2 the night before, same disc.... /msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif

Oct 27 2002, 01:31 AM
Guess What? People.... Need I say more? "meister"/clipart/proud.gif

dannyreeves
Oct 27 2002, 07:58 AM
Good job Rob. Hehe so that was before the mini? No cash on that huh? I know how ya feel.

Kid

jeffash
Oct 27 2002, 09:15 AM
Rob and Danny both suffer from Premature Ace Elation. /clipart/proud.gif

tdwriter
Oct 27 2002, 11:56 AM
Not a big deal, but I won advanced masters at the Shoals Frisbee Club's Halloween Tournament Saturday. Only six people in the division and 23 total. Just a local event,with a few of our friends from Huntsville. Still, after losing in Tishomingo, Miss., by one stroke two weeks ago, it was fun. Got some sweet CE Eagles, a SS Omega putter and a club hat. Had the second best score of the event, 4 strokes behind the first place pro (There were only two)
Well, that's my boast for the week. On to Sunday doubles. T/A

Oct 27 2002, 02:10 PM
Heres my only boast, I get to play at one of the greatest courses in Indiana at least once a week
with some of the coolest club members of our club
Art and Phil and others have dedicated them selfs
to create one of the most eye appealing and challening course ever built.Just yesterday in one day Art and phil put in a raised tee box then built an 8 ft. bridge to get to the tee box. Art and Phil are some of the most dedicated, creative
and hardworking course designers there is. they feel it's more important to work on the course then play it. Our course is in Valporaiso. I invite you to come and enjoy our course. It's worth boasting about. /msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif

Chris Hysell
Oct 27 2002, 07:32 PM
Played 5 1/2 rounds yesterday without hitting chains. On the 3rd drive of the day today, ace #97. 3 to go.

Oct 27 2002, 10:55 PM
Won the Disc Roast yesterday, and birdied the Judge.
Joe Who makes the coolest trophies, thanks man!

rhett
Oct 28 2002, 02:18 AM
Brought home two "Series Champion" trophies from La Mirada tonight. They are the coveted "Chrome Roc", which is really a cast aluminum Aero buffed to shiny-ness.

Now if only the males in the family could do something on the course...

Oct 28 2002, 02:25 AM
nailed a 120' putt, after a semi-lame drive for duece today at Riverside in Sumner, WA during doubles!!!

DiscDr prescription:
Always, Always, Always GO FOR THE CHAINS!!!

morgan
Oct 28 2002, 07:59 AM
Yeah! Who cares that you get a deuce 25% of the time and turn your easy 3 into a double putt 4 the other 75% of the time?

Oct 28 2002, 11:46 AM
Was playing in a tournament(in Delaware) 2 weeks ago, and was trying to approach from about 150ft away after a slightly shanked drive on a 450 ft hole. Their was a huge drop off and steep hill directly behind the basket. I was just trying to lay it up close, but as I let go, a head wind lifted it up a little high and I was sure it would sail out over the edge and down the embankment(probably would have been another 200 feet away), when it hit chains for a nice deuce. [*****] that was lucky, but it looked really awsome!

Chris Hysell
Oct 28 2002, 12:13 PM
Hole #10 at Brandywine?

seewhere
Oct 28 2002, 01:07 PM
Won 4 out of 8 $25.00 a hole CTP'S at the CLUB PARTY.. cha ching

Oct 28 2002, 01:15 PM
Nice Ben Franklin there, C-dub. Way to go! Sounds like I missed a helluva party. Round ROCK! /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

seewhere
Oct 28 2002, 01:28 PM
THANKS Mark yea it was pretty FUN.. also agreed with Kreke to split the $270.00 ring of fire ace pot and he agreed and than went and won it..gotta love splits..

Oct 28 2002, 02:24 PM
Rhett, told ya i would beat the kid. Unfortunately, it was a bit of a pyrrhic victory.

rhett
Oct 28 2002, 05:29 PM
It was a nice "battle of the last card". /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

Nov 04 2002, 02:41 AM
Since 1986 I have had to play PRO (I was 16-17). This weekend I finished third in a PDGA sanctioned event and won my FIRST EVER PRO TROPHY.
I was actually making puts for once. My achilles was wounded in the battle but I eat pain like candy and snuffed it off. I am limping now but who [*****] cares!!! Only got $100.00 for the 3rd place finish but a PRO TROPHY is now on my wall and I am sprouting MAJOR WOOD!!! (the trophy was made out of oak, just in case you perverts thought I was referring to something else. Also this is the first money I have won this year. (side bets not included, I have won lots more than I have lost) TOOT my horn and hanky my panky!!!

Nov 04 2002, 03:00 AM
SO YOUR BUYING THE BEER?RIGHT?RIGHT!

Nov 04 2002, 10:54 AM
Way to go Dud! (but I aint hankin' nobody's panky, fuhgeddaboutit)

seewhere
Nov 04 2002, 01:14 PM
Threw 2 Extremes over the BRAZOS in WACO..

rhett
Nov 04 2002, 02:39 PM
Way to go, Dud!

pterodactyl
Nov 04 2002, 10:47 PM
Nice going Dude and Chris Sprague. Chris only took $10 bucks more than you and he won! I took $55 home saturday from stockton and broke the course record twice (-9,-10) on the new configuration. I don't expect -10 to stand for very long though. Not with Dude's tourney coming up on: Dec 14 and 15.

jpg420
Nov 05 2002, 09:05 AM
here is a funny story.while attending the am week of the moccasin lake open this past weekend. two guys named adam hit an ace on the same hole and neither one of them were in the ace fund.

dannyreeves
Nov 10 2002, 05:09 PM
I hit an ace on #12 at Gulley Park today. It was a cool skip ace with my FX.

Nov 10 2002, 08:01 PM
I aced numbers 11 and 12 back to back today at Wall Doxey. Then later this afternoon, I aced number 9. Three aces in one day. Very Sweet!!!

tdonelson
Nov 10 2002, 11:41 PM
Craig Gangloff made an ace during the Duck Golf tournament and it was captured on tape. The hole is a temporary hole set up just for the tournament and I believe that it was 350'

You can find low quality file of it at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dgonv/files/Gangloff_Ace.rm

YOu might need a yahoo account to view this, but it is free and doesn't take long to get one.

Sharky
Nov 11 2002, 08:52 AM
Are you Craig's agent/msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif Sweet video!!

my_hero
Nov 11 2002, 09:52 AM
VPO Super Tour 2nd round: hole #9 gets aced by Mike Grider. 12 minutes later hole #6 gets aced by his brother, Nolan Grider. Two brothers with aces in the same round at a Super Tour!/msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif Is that a first?

keithjohnson
Nov 11 2002, 08:06 PM
first time in 15 months playing the tucson "a" course only because of lance plummer and dave shircore's email battle(and 600 ace fund) and i shot plus 5(41) and won the league and was in the group with a guy who hit an ace(which i called off the tree)
since he wasn't a member he only got 1/4 of fund so it still is over 450 bucks
last time there i called jim garnetts ace...
maybe next time i'll get my own /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif because the high ace fund is the only reason to ever play that course and i can't stand playing disc golf with only a putter !

Nov 11 2002, 10:16 PM
nice shooting keith...putting with which hand? /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

out of curiosity...why is the ace pool so high if the course is so short?

Nov 11 2002, 10:30 PM
Nice video Tommy!

keithjohnson
Nov 12 2002, 09:34 AM
john.....right...dave dunipace taught....the guys are so used to playing for 2's that they can't get aces i guess....by the way.the guy who aced has played disc golf for 5 months only and hit it with a ce teebird over the trees and off the tree next to the basket....

Chris Hysell
Nov 12 2002, 09:37 AM
Probably because I haven't ever played there.

dannyreeves
Nov 12 2002, 01:40 PM
I got another ace yesterday. #1 at Gulley Park. It was sweet!

pnkgtr
Nov 12 2002, 04:07 PM
A few weeks ago, I was hanging out at the course and a fellow club member says, hey Rich, let's play for a buck. So I said I had a better idea, you and this other club member play doubles against me and I'll play straight up singles. After 6 holes I was -7, I aced the 4th hole. They quit after 8 when I was leading by 5. I told them just to keep their money.

Nov 12 2002, 04:47 PM
Pink Gator rules!!! Beatin on ams...

You gonna pre reg or just pray it doesnt fill?

pnkgtr
Nov 12 2002, 11:47 PM
Hey, officially I am still an AM. I haven't played a pro tourney yet (yours could be the first, so tell everyone to use lube). I'll play if Rhett plays, but you have to let me play in his division.

Nov 13 2002, 10:41 AM
Cool video, Tommy. And nice ace there, Great Basket Detective. You (still) da man!

jeffash
Nov 13 2002, 08:04 PM
Here is an excerpt from an e-mail John Houck sent the other day-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------Congratulations � you are the first team to ever register for the new PDGA World Doubles Championships. I might have known Jeff would get in there first. I just can�t figure out how he got himself such a good partner.
Your place in history is secure. Talk to you soon.

Thanks,
John
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
/clipart/proud.gifSan Saba/clipart/proud.gif

Nov 18 2002, 04:08 AM
Okay, it wasn't an ace, but it was a cool shot and since I don't get that many of those, it qualifies.

Oak Grove (Pasadena) #8 on Saturday afternoon, shanked my drive to the left and faced a 120-foot upshot to a basket that was just swamped by trees, bushes, and other miscellaneous shule.

Took out my MRV and winged a sky-high spike hyzer that just sailed wa-a-a-a-ay the **** up in the sky, came down like the stock market and toilet bowled for a miracle deuce!

Bought two new discs to celebrate :-))

Nov 18 2002, 10:12 AM
I aced # one at Orangeburg(SC) four times in 28 practice shots in August 02'. Whaa! Don't tell anyone, but the hole is only 125'. I was encouraged though. I just wish I could win the ace pool during our Saturday doubles. By the way, I put up a disc as reward for any ace at Orangeburg, during practice, casual round, or tournament play - on any hole except #one and #seven(with one witness,"wow").If you play our course and bag a single, call Shade at (843)327-8728 to redeem your prize.
Tim (Shade) Hogg
PDGA #4030

seewhere
Nov 18 2002, 11:23 AM
Claimed ROUND ROCK"S sunday Morning ACE pot of $249.00 yesterday on HOLE # 11.. HYZER BABY.. # 8

Nov 18 2002, 11:50 AM
Congratulations SEEWHERE!!! You buyin'?

jasonc
Nov 18 2002, 12:54 PM
Veteran'sunday mini, Craig Abbott gets his first ace on our first hole #16 in the long position. He just learned to throw sidearm on Wednesday and throws a perfect one into the chains. 7 holes later we get to hole 4 and we're discussing how to throw a thumber, he steps up to the pad and throws his thumber straight into the bucket for ACE #2 in the same round. Unfortunately he wasn't a club member so our ace pot is still $500.

seewhere
Nov 18 2002, 03:15 PM
Thanks Shade-hogg.. We'll have Beers on weds. where u From?

Nov 19 2002, 01:06 AM
Hi Seewhere,
I live in Summerville,SC and play in Orangeburg(66 minute drive -one way). Can I get there from here? Shade PDGA #4030

seewhere
Nov 19 2002, 10:58 AM
you can get there but it will take a while..I am in ROUND ROCK TX. maybe we can run into each other at a Major Tourney .. I will buy you a beer than..

Nov 19 2002, 08:35 PM
I'll be at the US Open 03' at Rock Hill.
Maybe I'll see you there, Seewhere.

seewhere
Nov 20 2002, 11:41 AM
I am sure gonna try have heard nothing but AWESOME things about ROCK HILL

pterodactyl
Nov 20 2002, 10:06 PM
Almost Boast: I once his chains from 200 feet on my first 3 practice throws of the day. None of them stayed in!

pterodactyl
Nov 20 2002, 10:07 PM
correction: I once hit....

Nov 21 2002, 10:39 AM
I scored a 2 on the 716ft hole #1 at Red Rock. The second shot was an anhyzer with a 1st run Valk coasting in blind from about 325ft.
That said, if your in Austin this weekend come to Pease Park and boast during our Saturday mini. This week we will celebrate Thanksgiving and our regular players in the Austin area. Long sleeve beefyT shirts will be awarded to the winner of each division in addition to their regular winnings. All novice will get a disc for signing up. Many CTP's will be given out too! Bring addtional CTP's if you would like to donate to the cause. Some frostie beverages will also be donated. We tee at 10:00am.

vinnie
Nov 21 2002, 11:32 AM
sounds like home cooking to me!

discette
Nov 21 2002, 02:08 PM
I got the #1 MFA Bag Tag this last Saturday. At the end of the round I was tied with Slick, so we did a play-off. Slick missed his two putt, so we were tied again. We decided to do a CTP throw-off back towards basket 2, and BINGO, my disc went right in. Not really an Ace, but it did get me the #ONE BagTag.
See,....Timmy Gill doesn't always have the #1 tag.

(p.s. The bag tag just started last Saturday, and tags were given out on the luck of the draw, fortunately for me, someone in MY foursome happened to have the Number One tag!)

rhett
Nov 24 2002, 10:32 PM
<FONT SIZE=" 1">I am the Amateur Course Champion of Morley Field!!!</FONT>

It sure felt good to be the one to show up and get hot on Sunday, as opposed to the usual fifth place finisher who started the final round on the lead card. /msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif

Nov 25 2002, 12:12 AM
Congrats Rhett

rhett
Nov 25 2002, 01:45 AM
Thanks Rob.

It's a pretty nice trophy (http://www.morleyfield.com/cc2002/photos/rhett.jpg). The winner of Am Women had to settle for a plaque (http://www.morleyfield.com/cc2002/photos/megan.jpg).

magilla
Nov 25 2002, 02:06 AM
I got my 1st PDGA win as a Pro yesterday. Turkey Shoot @ Stafford Lake. (See other thread)
Had a Tie once and lost to a Lissaman in the playoff.
Had a little help from a friend on this one but a win it is, all the same.

Going to San Diego next, boy is that going to be fun...............

terrycalhoun
Nov 25 2002, 10:06 AM
My birthplace has recently erected a 9-hole disc golf course to honor me.

I lied, it has nothing to do with me. But I am pretty happy (and astonished) that my birth town of Chester, West Virginia apparently really does have a course now. It will make visiting my relatives for Thanksgiving even more fun, 'cause we can pop across the big Ohio and play a quick round Thanksgiving day.

jasonc
Nov 25 2002, 10:22 AM
Arlington----TX Team Champs

willyc
Nov 25 2002, 11:57 AM
Rhett, nice going and a very nice trophy! First one? /msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif

Nov 25 2002, 01:07 PM
Terry, you said erected

Nov 25 2002, 02:53 PM
Rhett, if Snapper was standing any further from you he would have been out of the picture/msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif Seems to me that cross country smell may have been a little different source than you implied. Where are the scores, I'm just wondering if any Arizonans made it. Congrats, bagger/msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif.

rhett
Nov 25 2002, 03:53 PM
Thanks Lance! I can't tell you how badly I've wanted to be called that /msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif It was a "Morley Field presents" unsanctioned thing, so you don't get good results. Never anything more that the cashers, and not entirely accurate with that. But it was sweet to only have to show up and play. And don't forget that I'm boasting on my daughter Megan, too. Who held her momma off by a single stroke!

Willy, you a funny guy. /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif I'll be out there December 9-13, so I'll pay up that shake on a nice cold day.

Nov 25 2002, 04:15 PM
Why wasn't it sanctioned?

Chris Hysell
Nov 25 2002, 04:32 PM
Rhett, I have some bad news for you. That trophy that you got will probably get you in some trouble. I have one of those and there are always minis on the floor near it. It's almost impossible to not throw things at it.

rhett
Nov 25 2002, 04:40 PM
That's the best part, Chris! I noticed that the DGA had 'em on sale for $85 and told my wife I wanted to get one. When I get there for the tourney, there they are as trophies. I had no idea! We play "mini roller" around the house constantly. At least now the wife won't have to get mad about all the minis everywhere. They should (hopefully) be piled around the basket now!

Don't know why it wasn't sanctioned, I didn't run it. I do know that I didn't advertise it here. /msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif

Nov 25 2002, 06:54 PM
That's only because you were afraid of any competition. Bagger.

rhett
Nov 25 2002, 08:48 PM
/clipart/wink.gif

Nov 26 2002, 07:00 AM
Reminds me of the picture I took in Miami of that dude pitching quarters into one of em and then saying �these things don�t catch [*****]!� That was a funny guy�.
Tom Cat

seewhere
Nov 26 2002, 11:32 AM
registered in our cafeteria at work and won 2 tickets to the UT vs AM game on fri.. row 31..face value of $45 LIFE is good..

rhett
Nov 26 2002, 04:17 PM
Resisted posting the one-word spelling correction

"complement"

on the constitution thread. /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

Nov 26 2002, 04:22 PM
corrected "to" to "too" before Rhett could post a one-word spelling correction on the Pink Shirt thread (formerly known as the Phx City Champs thread).

jeffash
Nov 26 2002, 06:00 PM
Here's an excerpt from an e-mail I received today-

Hello Jeff,

The annual NEFA auction was a huge success this year, we raised $2920 (and 2 baskets). Half the money was earmarked for course development (basket fund for a North Hampton course) and half was split equally over 4 organizations. (American Cancer Society,The Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation, and 2 local shelters in the Worcester area).

Your groovy Brainwave disc did very well, if I'm not mistaken, it went for the most of any single disc (there were a few sets that raised more). Early in the evening a white signed Ron Russell
Cyclone fetched $45, I was tempted to bid on it, but I wanted to save my funds for the Brainwave (which turned to be a mistake).
The Brainwave hit the floor running with an initial $15 bid, this rose quickly to $50 (which was my limit). However, being for charity (not to mention a really great disc) I raised my limit. 60,65,70,75,80 (my last bid), until the final bid of $85 claimed the prize.
Thanks again for the generous donation. You have helped a new course get it's start and supported some worthwhile charities close to the NEFA community.

circle_2
Nov 26 2002, 06:47 PM
Makes a papa proud, don't it...?
Mmm hmmm.../msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif

dannyreeves
Nov 26 2002, 08:52 PM
What kind of disc was it Jeff? Must have been great to go for almost double as the Ron Russel signed disc.

jeffash
Nov 26 2002, 08:59 PM
My daddy was a hard workin' man most of his life, not that I can say the same for myself. I most just sat around the shed and tinkered around with a frisbee or two and went to school off and on from time to time but the children there made quite a bit of sport of me, made fun of me quite a bit. Some of 'em roughed me up sometimes so I mostly stayed back there in the shed brainwavin'. Some people call it dyin' discs. I call it brainwavin' Mmm hmmm.../clipart/proud.gif

jeffash
Nov 26 2002, 09:08 PM
It was also a Ron Russell autographed Cyclone. I gave Ron a couple Brainwaved discs, and he was gracious enough to sign a couple for me. This particular disc looked exceptionally well. Something about that white Discraft plastic. <FONT SIZE="-2">Come on Keith give up the white stuff for all of the starving dye artists./clipart/proud.gif</FONT>
The last three Brainwaves to go up for auction at disc golf fundraisers have gone for $95.00, $85.00, and $85.00./clipart/proud.gif

rhett
Nov 26 2002, 10:47 PM
Boast: my daughter Megan is sponsored by Brainwave. Since her sponsorship began she has won the Santa Maria Open, the SoCal Series Championship (in F2O), and the Morley Field Course Championship. (She had a second and a third also playing up a division in F1O, but her sponsorship agreement is only for firsts.)

/msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif

Nov 26 2002, 11:17 PM
Rock On Megan. Any sponsorship, is a good sponsorship. Whew! it took me forever to hunt and peck that last line. I love that ya'll still golf together. My kids have all laid down their discs ,recently, to persue other endeavours. Like work and well, they are 16,16,&amp; 17 They will come back around to disc golf. sooner or later. Congrats again,Megan.And to daddy as well. For his recent Accomplishments. "meister"

Nov 27 2002, 12:45 AM
Sponsored Ams, pshaw. Bagger.

keithjohnson
Nov 27 2002, 01:38 AM
and she shouldn't be rewarded for non-sanctioned firsts either....how could her dad live with himself /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

circle_2
Nov 27 2002, 01:04 PM
/msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif Jeff, I like the way you talk...

dannyreeves
Nov 27 2002, 07:28 PM
My buddy Arlis Steel aced #13 for the short tee at Veteran's Park today. It was with MY disc too so needless to say, he bought it from me. /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

pterodactyl
Nov 28 2002, 09:45 PM
I had a beautiful, 295-foot ACE on #5 at Oak Grove Regional in Stockton today with a J-Bird Z-XS. In the group: President Michael Wallace, Russ Atkins, and Sam. Now that is a Happy Thanksgiving! I yelled my favorite rock star/disc golf name while it was on the way there ("Ace Freeley") and it went in in front of a 10 person gallery. KISS LIVES!!

Nov 29 2002, 12:32 AM
Here is an ace for bragging. I aced hole #3 at chandler park in tulsa measuring 332 feet. Up hill and about a 50 foot left turn into the trees and under the powerline. Doesn't sound like that big of a deal? It has only been aced one other time in about 15 years.

chris
Nov 29 2002, 03:44 PM
Here's another ace for bragging. I aced hole #4 in Rock Hill, SC. I forget the name of the course but it was 71' striaght ahead with nothing in the way, and I nailed it! Can you believe that?

pterodactyl
Nov 29 2002, 10:26 PM
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Nov 30 2002, 03:42 PM
(My Most amazing shot!) I was playing doubles at Delaveaga In Santa Cruz, CA and 50 year old Kirk ?? was my Doubles partner. We were losing to Jack Treggeser and Sonny Ashby by two stokes and we were on hole 26, finishing on 27. I said we can catch up, maybe we can get an ACE! They just laughed with two hard holes to go! I stood up on the tee first and threw my normal shot for the short position.(this hole is 75 degree's uphill and about 330'long and only a straight shot available.) but I threw it harder than normal and it started up the hill moving slightly right toward all the trees. It went through the trees and over the bushy one and straight into the basket for an ace on hole 26 to tie the game! THIS HOLE HAS NEVER BEEN ACED!!!

pterodactyl
Nov 30 2002, 07:19 PM
I can appreciate that shot.

dannyreeves
Nov 30 2002, 11:03 PM
The question is, did you end up beating them?

magilla
Dec 01 2002, 02:57 AM
I want more PROOF!!
Anyone!!

morgan
Dec 01 2002, 09:54 PM
330 feet up a 75 degree angle is impossible. No human can throw anything 330 feet straight up at 75 degrees, much less a golf disc. No way Jose.

Must be about a 20 degree angle, tops.

tdwriter
Dec 01 2002, 10:31 PM
No ace, but I won doubles at my home course for the third straight weekend, with a different partner each time, I might add. Not a bad accomplishment for an Advanced Master. And no, I was not with a stronger player in any of those matches. Maybe an ace is in the future. RWC

pterodactyl
Dec 02 2002, 02:09 AM
I'd say that 17 at Dela is about 30-35 degrees. I've pinned the short, so it could be aced by someone with a big arm.

rhett
Dec 02 2002, 02:22 AM
Those are message board angles.

morgan
Dec 02 2002, 03:13 AM
I don't believe anybody can throw 330 feet up a hill with a rise of more than 40 feet. And 330 feet up 40 feet is only a 6.91 degree angle.

It's funny how 6.91 degrees becomes 75 on the internet.

morgan
Dec 02 2002, 03:21 AM
(Inverse tangent 40/330 = 6.91)

Even a 10 degree angle would be 58 feet up hill. That's totally impossible. It's like landing on the roof of a 5 story building 330 feet away. Impossible.

rickb
Dec 02 2002, 07:17 AM
Kind of like a 400' chicken wing. Impossible. /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

Dec 02 2002, 02:15 PM
Jeremy Lee shot a 49 in Jacksonville, NC. That is very impressive in the gusting/swirling wind. Look for him in next years AM Worlds. The only 4 he had was on the 1001 ft hole #13. It was a drop in 4 at that.

Chris Hysell
Dec 02 2002, 03:38 PM
Here is the hole mentioned earlier. At a 75 degree angle, it would have only been about 90ft in front of you. I've played the hole and it's probably about 8-10 degrees. Anyway, congratulations on the ace.

http://www.jahr.net/dela/Pages/Walk/walk26.html

Dec 02 2002, 03:48 PM
friday - took my li'l bro out to barber park (g'boro, NC) - hole 12 bout 290'(lefty hyzer)- pull out my firebird and say, "check this out. i'm gonna pop it right through the gap, have it break right and skip up into the basket." I execute the shot - perfect - skips.... DOINK! off the pole. he was ******. i just had to laugh. i called it. alas it didn't go in

Dec 02 2002, 04:15 PM
Nice shot, none the less.....

my_hero
Dec 02 2002, 07:52 PM
75 degree's...NO! Great ace....Yes! <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Congrats</FONT>
/clipart/smile.gif

Sharky
Dec 03 2002, 10:26 AM
ACC - Big 10 bball challenge happens tonight. Last night the dominant bball conference in the nation warmed up with ACC doormat Florida State whipping up on some lowly Big 10 team by like 12 or 13 points. Tonight I look forward to seeing my defending NCAA champ Terps whoop up on Indiana again. Woo Hoo. (Not a Cavalier's reference/msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif)

Dec 03 2002, 08:39 PM
Five aces this year;
1. paid $105
2. Wife Witness 305'
3 &amp; 4. same day, same disc, different town
5. group paid $30, passing player paid $1, First Roc Ace (glow)

Dec 04 2002, 01:50 AM
I've got five this year also:

1.#16 World's Biggest-Jack Brooks Park Hitchcock,Tx

2.Skip Ace #17 Tyrrell Park Beaumont,Tx

3.#1 326ft in a home-made square basket at Copperhead Park Orange,Tx

4.#8 Tourney Course Tom Bass Park Houston,Tx

5. 2 days ago another skip Ace on #17 at Tyrrell Park

Dec 04 2002, 12:43 PM
Obviously, the 75 degrees Time-Line Wizard referred to had to be the temperature at the time. Probably slipped it in just to see if anybody was paying attention. /clipart/proud.gif

Dec 04 2002, 07:03 PM
Scott, The year is not over. Let's keep it going. I made my 5th on # 17(clyde fant) also. that was 12 days ago. Broke a rib the next day. I haven't played since.

Dec 07 2002, 06:10 PM
i crushed hapner 5-0 in match play

Dec 07 2002, 09:21 PM
I posted the above post from the course.

keithjohnson
Dec 07 2002, 09:57 PM
alright jim....keep going..get all those good rounds out in cali so you'll be back to yourself in az next week /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif

rhett
Dec 09 2002, 01:40 AM
But Jim, did you birdie 18 at all in 3 or 4 tries?

rhett
Dec 09 2002, 01:42 AM
My son whooped up on Ruzicka's #7 player after Ruzicka made a point of talking trash to me about how his player was going to give my boy "lessons". /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif Hey Mike, I give Ryan lessons like that all the time! /msgboard/images/clipart/proud.gif

Dec 09 2002, 10:15 AM
Yeah Rhett, I think I actually got it twice. But I can't use Megan's technique, my sidearm is completey useless. I have to float a putter over the top.

Dec 09 2002, 11:21 AM
C'mon Thunder, don't make me boast for you. /msgboard/images/clipart/happy.gif