Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

friZZaks
Jun 23 2005, 02:26 PM
no....NC!!!

Parkntwoputt
Jun 23 2005, 02:53 PM
, but as of now the South is not a Disc Golf Mecca.

Come to NC

I was referring to the states of Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Arkansas. The southern states that get made fun of nationally.

Maybe if 2008 Worlds is held in Augusta, all these SN guys will get PDGA memberships, and more events will be PDGA around here. Out of 91 tournaments last season I am willing to bet only about 12-15 were PDGA sanctioned, and that is probably because it was already an established PDGA event and the SN added it to it's tournament schedule.

Jun 27 2005, 09:58 PM
well i'm in the process of quiting smoking it's been 6 days. sence i had a cig :D

rhett
Jun 27 2005, 10:31 PM
well i'm in the process of quiting smoking it's been 6 days. sence i had a cig :D

Hang tough. The next two weeks are the hardest. :)

quickdisc
Jun 28 2005, 01:48 AM

Hang tough. The next two weeks are the hardest. :)

They say , stopping smoking is Harder , than quiting Cocaine , LSD , Pot , Herion , PCP , Quayludes , Disc Golf !!!!!!! :eek: No , Wait !!!!!!! :eek:

If you do great. If you don't , don't. It really is your choice.

Can't be a partial smoker , Unless you like Cigars !!!!! :cool:

Some say , start Swimming or chewing gum or bungie jumping !!!!!!! :D

Just kidding !!!!! It might makes things easier if you laugh about it some. It is tough though.

YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!!!!! :D

cbdiscpimp
Jun 28 2005, 03:55 AM
I just won my 2nd A Tier of the season this past weekend at the Discraft Great Lakes Open. This time I won by 8 strokes and NO ONE can say the competition sucked like they tried to do when I won in AZ at the Discraft Memorial :D

Now all I need to get is that darn B tier win and ill have hit for the cycle :D

adogg187420
Jun 28 2005, 04:28 AM
It was only a matter of time...

cbdiscpimp
Jun 28 2005, 01:05 PM
What???

Im not allowed to post on the boast thread???

Dont Hate the Player Hate the Game :D

twoputtok
Jun 28 2005, 01:17 PM
You can boast here just don't work it into 400 other posts like you did after the Memorial. :o

We don't hate the players...................just the Pimp. :D

cbdiscpimp
Jun 28 2005, 01:30 PM
You can boast here just don't work it into 400 other posts like you did after the Memorial.

We don't hate the players...................just the Pimp.

Oh poor baby. Im sorry you dont like the PIMP.

But im hear to stay so GET OVER IT!!! :D

twoputtok
Jun 28 2005, 01:35 PM
You can boast here just don't work it into 400 other posts like you did after the Memorial.

We don't hate the players...................just the Pimp.

Oh poor baby. Im sorry you dont like the PIMP.

But im hear to stay so GET OVER IT!!! :D

Here to stay? I would tend to disagree with that statement, as I have heard of numerous betting pools going on that have time tables on when, where and who it will be that takes you out. :o

I think they may have even sent a guy out last weekend in a golf cart in order to watch your habits and report back. :o

adogg187420
Jun 28 2005, 01:59 PM
What???

Im not allowed to post on the boast thread???

Dont Hate the Player Hate the Game :D

Never said your not allowed to post. Just wonderin why you didnt sooner. Congrats.

cbdiscpimp
Jun 28 2005, 02:31 PM
Here to stay? I would tend to disagree with that statement, as I have heard of numerous betting pools going on that have time tables on when, where and who it will be that takes you out.

I think they may have even sent a guy out last weekend in a golf cart in order to watch your habits and report back.

You know nothing of what went on so dont speak on it and if your trying to call me a cheater why dont you talk to some of the guys I play with and see what they have to say :mad:

Never said your not allowed to post. Just wonderin why you didnt sooner. Congrats.

Thanks alot man!!! :D

Parkntwoputt
Jun 28 2005, 02:48 PM
Here is a boast on behalf of the Pimp.

After Steve won DGLO, the players in the Southern Nationals made a big stink about him coming to the SN Am Championship. All because he and I paid an entry for a doubles tournament to get him qualified for the event. (See you need SN points to get into the Championship, as the rule sits now, as long as you pay you get your points). Well as you know, Steve wrecked his truck and could not make it to the event. We got our points for DNF/DNS because we payed.

Now these pansies don't want Steve to come because he will whoop their hiney's because the SN players are just not that good, look how many went to BG, and that is in the SOUTH! So they are hiding behind wanting the rules changed so that you have to be at the event to get the points, even though your money goes to the championship, you don't get to go. They are afraid of the Pimp. I think this is hilarious.

A field of approximately 500 people are afraid of 1 guy from Michigan. HA!

So I am going to Cincinnatti's Flying Pig Open instead of the SN Am Championship. What a crock.

I bet this made Steve feel good.

brookep
Jun 28 2005, 02:52 PM
Twoputt, Steve may be many things but a cheater is not one of them.

ANHYZER
Jun 28 2005, 02:56 PM
Congrats on another A tier win Steve, the Memorial had plenty of competition BTW...Are you coming to Worlds?

rhett
Jun 28 2005, 04:24 PM
That's pretty dang weak. Hopefully the mighty SN leadership doesn't give in to those whiners and change the rules in the middle of the season.

Changing the rules for next year makes sense, though. I never liked how SoCal awarded points for DNFs. This year they changed it so you don't get points when you DNF/DNS.

But changing it mid-season would be BS.

twoputtok
Jun 28 2005, 04:48 PM
[QUOTE]
You know nothing of what went on so dont speak on it and if your trying to call me a cheater why dont you talk to some of the guys I play with and see what they have to say :mad:/quote]

Chill, Limp Pimp, I never acused you of cheating and it never entered my mind. One of my boys was right behind you and told me what they did and I PMed you with what I thought about it. I was simply giving you crap and you of all people that say you can take it, again, blow up at the first instance of anyone screwing with you. You say you like the smack talk, but the truth is you can't take it and any response you have will be the usual try and point fingers at someone else and say you're just defending yourself instead of just rolling with it in fun.

You know I have joked with you and told you over the phone you're an arsehole, but with every time you fly off the handle for someone giving you crap, just reinforces my claims of you being a hugh arsehole.

Parkntwoputt
Jun 28 2005, 04:51 PM
Funny you say that Rhett, because the founder of SN is one of the people whining about it.

This whole situation has ticked me off, where I do not want to go to the event. I cannot imagine how Steve would feel. 1) He would kick the snot out of everyone there. 2) They would taunt him for "never playing a SN event before" 3) That he is SOOO good (at least compared to them) that he should be playing Open.

I will leave it to Steve whether he wants to come down or not. He would be flying into Birmingham and riding down with me. But if he does not want to go, I will travel up to Cincinnatti for their PDGA event.

twoputtok
Jun 28 2005, 04:54 PM
And just because you can't take the crap, I will make it my personal goal to own every 1st run buzz that is still in existance. :D

rhett
Jun 28 2005, 06:02 PM
Funny you say that Rhett, because the founder of SN is one of the people whining about it.

That ain't good. Hopefully they don't change rules mid-season just to screw Millsie.

Maybe they can add a hard-cap PDGA rating to their am division while they are "pimp-proofing" their system. :)

twoputtok
Jun 28 2005, 06:14 PM
Pimp Proofing?

:D:D:D

Parkntwoputt
Jun 28 2005, 08:16 PM
Maybe they can add a hard-cap PDGA rating to their am division while they are "pimp-proofing" their system. :)

That would work. BUT the majority of SN players are anti-PDGA, where they do not see the benefit of PDGA membership OR sanctioning. While I feel that will change once a World Championship is held in Augusta. This is the way it is now. Actually if someone like Barry or Kenny does not play in an SN event for 12 months, then they can come back and play as an amateur, even recreational!

The SN uses all PDGA rules of play, just not any admin rules. Such as rules regarding divisions and skill levels (being a pro in the SN is basically like being an Advanced player everywhere else, with exception to Dean Tannock, Shane Seal, Eric Tracey, Matt Orum, Joe Thacker, Ben Long, Tim Keith, Tom Monroe, Lavonne Wolfe, and only a hand full of others), payouts, entry fees, TD rules, group pairings, or tournament sanctioning requirements (yes that means ANY tournament can be a SN tournament).

While the tournaments are more relaxed and beginner friendly then PDGA tournaments (no Ken Climo or Barry Schultz at a SN one day tournament in Tupelo MS on a 4200ft wooded course), I think they are shooting themselves in the feet by trying to protect themselves like this. There are a few supporters of Steve's situation on the SN discussion board, but low and behold they have PDGA memberships!

I am glad I graduate in less then a year and will be moving out of "SN territory".

the_kid
Jun 29 2005, 12:51 AM
I took third in open at Mid america in a good Pro field. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

rhett
Jun 29 2005, 03:21 AM

That would work. BUT the majority of SN players are anti-PDGA, where they do not see the benefit of PDGA membership OR sanctioning.

The guess you missed the joke of my suggestion. There was a smiley and everything. :)

Parkntwoputt
Jun 29 2005, 09:46 AM

That would work. BUT the majority of SN players are anti-PDGA, where they do not see the benefit of PDGA membership OR sanctioning.

The guess you missed the joke of my suggestion. There was a smiley and everything. :)

Yep I missed it. I was just really ticked off yesterday. But that was a good one.

pterodactyl
Jun 30 2005, 02:45 AM
*ACE ALERT***ACE ALERT***ACE ALERT***A

Ya, baby!! Hole 17 at Oak Grove in Stockton. My first skipper ace! It took 264 points out of the ace pot. It's black and tans at the course next Wednesday @ 5:30. Probably food too. Be there.

Oh ya, heavy Monster. 283 feet. It was silent. I wasn't sure if it was in. Sal Teresi said, "You have to yell." The guys on the tee ahead of us didn't even hear it. After I yelled, they pointed at the basket and I knew it was in. Sweeet...

LERT***ACE ALERT***ACE ALERT***ACE...STOP...

m_conners
Jun 30 2005, 02:49 PM
I'll probably make the Flying Pig...Mt. Airys is one of my favorite courses, too bad Banklick is not in the mix though.

friZZaks
Jul 02 2005, 12:04 AM
NICE ACE>>>SEND A BLK AND TAN TO CHARLOTTE

pterodactyl
Jul 03 2005, 12:00 AM
Shall I send 4 of them for you and your amigos?

md21954
Jul 05 2005, 03:07 PM
i, a lowly 871 (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/playerstats.php) rated player who should rightfully be playing intermediate, won advanced at the morgan county big cup at paw paw. (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=4795#Advanced)

Archemike
Jul 06 2005, 06:51 AM
I have 5 aces total, 1 for cash:

Recently though, some superb aces:

Aced hole #16 at Vista Del Camino Scottsdale, AZ with a X Wasp 178g in the mid position which is 340'

Aced hole #14 at Vista Del Camino Scottsdale, AZ with a Pro D Challenger 174g in the mid position which is about 300'

I also rolled about 650' at this A-tier in Tucson, AZ to win a long-drive competition with a 166g Z Flash :cool:Now if only I could putt...

Jul 06 2005, 12:05 PM
MY 360's can go 475. :p

Just for you Sandalman.

:D

esalazar
Jul 06 2005, 12:32 PM
i will put money against that !! i have never seen you throw over 350'!! there is no way you are throwing 500'!! unless its a 20 degree grade down hill with a tail wind!! :p

Jul 06 2005, 12:44 PM
Dude, I dont even throw 360's.

But I will take your money if you are betting I can't throw over 350. I will give you 375 cause I know I got 400 in the bag. :p

esalazar
Jul 06 2005, 12:52 PM
YOUR QuoTE:
I know I increased 75+ when I got my first sidewinder. Soon after I started hitting the 500' mark occaisionally. This is not message board D!

<font color="red"> I WILL BET YOU ON THAT ALSO </font> :D

Hell i might even give you another shot at skins if the money is right!!! :eek:

Jul 06 2005, 12:58 PM
I thought I told you about the drive at the rock when I put it in front of the cable fence during GCC. That was an agreed 520'.

Anyway, I don't have a sidewinder anymore but the quarterK is on the way so maybe I can turn it up again for you. I know for a fact I can hit 400 all day though.

You think I am dumb enough to bet on a distance I hit occaisonally and just expect it to appear out of my bag? :confused: Go find another sucka. :p

As long as I can get a sitter, I am down for skinz rematch whenever you want.

esalazar
Jul 06 2005, 01:09 PM
put your money where your mouth is!!!! :p
just basing off your statements , i will give you 5 throws to reach 450'!! Sounds like easy money if you can really do what you claim!! :eek: As far as skins , Let me know when you do not have an excuse!!! :p

Jul 06 2005, 01:11 PM
I can do it. I will have to go to Colorado tho :)

does the direction matter lol

Jul 06 2005, 01:20 PM
I tell you what, you believe what you want and I will keep living in my dream world. I could care less if you believe or not. Do you have 5 sidewinders Efi? Oh thats right, just use any disc as your raising the stakes. ;)

Im not falling for it. Whenever you can get away for some night golf let me know. I play more night than day now.

sandalman
Jul 06 2005, 01:21 PM
5 throws to reach 450' ? my money is on grunion. i am SURE he can string together a handful of 90 footers! (even if he hasta use the 360 to get there) :D

Jul 06 2005, 01:22 PM
i will put money against that !! i have never seen you throw over 350'!! there is no way you are throwing 500'!! unless its a 20 degree grade down hill with a tail wind!! :p

So if you have never seen me throw over 350 then why not bet I cant hit 375? You skeered? Hhehehehe

Jul 06 2005, 01:25 PM
90' X 5 discs = 450'

Pat, yur killin me here. :D :D:D

esalazar
Jul 06 2005, 01:41 PM

So if you have never seen me throw over 350 then why not bet I cant hit 375? You skeered? Hhehehehe

not at all!! you know that!! i chose 450 because you have stated twice at least that you can throw further than that!! Just checking your typical bullshite!! Now don't be a puzzy and put your money where your mouth is!! i am a self proclaimed noodle arm and i can out drive your [I'm a potty-mouth!]!! :eek: I am not the one proclaiming things that are unrealistic!! In all actuality you have a better chance at throwing 500' than beating me in skins!! :p ALL TALK NO WALK!! YOU ARE DEFINATELY SCARED , WHICH IS WISE IN YOUR CASE!!!!

Jul 06 2005, 01:41 PM
roflmao

esalazar
Jul 06 2005, 01:43 PM
roflmao

ditto!!

Jul 06 2005, 01:43 PM
LOL! Funny stuff. I over throw hole 4 all the time at Cat Hollow. Anyday Efrain. LOL!! To funny.

esalazar
Jul 06 2005, 01:48 PM
LOL! Funny stuff. I over throw hole 4 all the time at Cat Hollow. Anyday Efrain. LOL!! To funny.

isn't it though!!! LIke i laughed all the way home when you were courageous enough to call me out last time.16-2 is a definite [I'm a potty-mouth!] whipin in skins , too bad you woosed out and would only go fifty cents a hole!! And that after calling me out , **** woosie!! The only reason i showed is i thought we were on for at least a dollar a hole and 10 overall!! How things change when it got down to really playing for money!! having fun yet??? :D

Jul 06 2005, 01:55 PM
Always. You knew you had that game and I was just handing it over. Lots of pushes but yeah I got my [I'm a potty-mouth!] handed to me. Thats why this game is so fun cause everyone has there days. Now......you insinuating that it I have not excelled is even funnier.

esalazar
Jul 06 2005, 01:57 PM
like i have stated several times : PUTT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!!!!!! :D

Jul 06 2005, 02:01 PM
There must be a full moon coming cause something is in the air today. I have my wallet with me always.

Jul 06 2005, 02:08 PM
that tournament has been sidelined. :p

esalazar
Jul 06 2005, 02:11 PM
There must be a full moon coming cause something is in the air today. I have my wallet with me always.

Today is good for me!! I am sure you have an excuse!! :D

Jul 06 2005, 02:20 PM
Yes, my 7 year old. See, I dont get to play as much anymore cause of responsibilities. Its ok, you can say its a lame excuse but I call it priorities. Sorry, my life does not revolve around beating you......oh wait losing to you. Is that better Efrain?

Now, how about you try to accomodate my schedule and come out at night? /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

the_kid
Jul 06 2005, 02:43 PM
Grunion I will give you 5 throws to try to beat one of my drives. :o

esalazar
Jul 06 2005, 02:43 PM
your so full of chit!!!! just finished casting my ballot for pdga elections!!! anyone else vote? grunion?? :D

esalazar
Jul 06 2005, 02:46 PM
he will never accept that challenge matt!!! all talk no walk!! :eek:

cbdiscpimp
Jul 06 2005, 02:48 PM
Ill throw further than ALL OF YOU!!! :p

Jul 06 2005, 02:51 PM
Your on Matt. Not because I think I can smoke you which is what Efrain would like to think but because I would like to see how close I am.

Efrain, I dont hear you saying anything about some night golf. Whats up with that? I have offered my time but it obviously dont count unless its on your watch. :p

Your one person that I know I can smoke. :D:D:D

esalazar
what!! your a weenie arm and you know it!!lol :p

the_kid
Jul 06 2005, 02:53 PM
Yes but you still suck :o

johnrock
Jul 06 2005, 02:54 PM
your so full of chit!!!! just finished casting my ballot for pdga elections!!! anyone else vote? grunion?? :D

You gotta be a current member to vote.

Jul 06 2005, 03:04 PM
Efrains not current? Smells like the odor is coming from your way Efrain.

esalazar
Jul 06 2005, 03:07 PM
efrain is current , for the last 4 years dipchit!! :D

esalazar
Jul 06 2005, 03:12 PM
oh!!vvv somebody does not like 2 way streets!! vvv

Jul 06 2005, 03:14 PM
I am not playing your game. You are a peice of work Efrain. Laterz you [I'm a potty-mouth!].

cbdiscpimp
Jul 06 2005, 03:21 PM
Yes but you still suck

Atleast Im not a 974 Rated sandbaggin Am who built his rating that high by playing against no competition :eek: :p :D

Jul 06 2005, 03:25 PM
You left out the part where you throw 550'. :D

Jul 06 2005, 03:26 PM
The quarterK is out so now he can throw 650! :D

the_kid
Jul 06 2005, 03:26 PM
Playing with no competition actually hurts your rating and playing with higher rated players helps it. :o:o Your have to be one of the smartest guys around.

esalazar
Jul 06 2005, 03:30 PM

who throws that junk??? :eek:

the_kid
Jul 06 2005, 03:34 PM

It actually does go BIG :o

esalazar
Jul 06 2005, 03:35 PM

It actually does go BIG :o

so does a starfire,orc,crush,flash etc.....etc....etc.........

the_kid
Jul 06 2005, 03:41 PM
No I got bigger with the QK

esalazar
Jul 06 2005, 03:44 PM
how much bigger!!! enlighten us with your qk boast and comparison!!! :D

the_kid
Jul 06 2005, 03:49 PM
Mike robinson and I were throwing it in Des Moines and it went 500+ really easy. These were golf shots too because we had trees to contend with. :D

cbdiscpimp
Jul 06 2005, 04:42 PM
Playing with no competition actually hurts your rating and playing with higher rated players helps it. Your have to be one of the smartest guys around.

First off your telling me Im the smartest guy around when your saying this like this
Your have to be one of the smartest guys around.

Good Try though.

And if your playing with a bunch of crappy players and you shoot REALLY hot the average score and the averages rating are going to be way down and your rating will become inflated do to the fact that the average score and rating are so low. Atleast thats what I have seen in some cases.

You are right that if you play with pros your rating will be higher though. If I had been playing Open at DGLO and shot a 10 down on the blues it would have been rated 1040 or 1050 depending on what happend. Even some Super Pros said I got pimped on that rating :mad:

the_kid
Jul 06 2005, 04:53 PM
Actually the reason why playing with lower rated players hurts your rating is because most 900-945 rated players shoot better than they are rated and if every one of those guys shoot 960 golf it will only be rated around 940 because they have low ratings. That is why a -6 at grandveiw in MPO was 1030 but a -4 in MJ1 was 960 :o:o

cbdiscpimp
Jul 06 2005, 05:14 PM
Thats why my 62 on the Blues this year was rated 1010 and last year in Open on the Blues with the same weather a 62 was rated 1032 :eek: :mad:

the_kid
Jul 06 2005, 05:23 PM
Exactlly so I am in the same boat as you right? I just don't see how you can say I have my rating inflated everywhere I play but not you. In reality we have them deflated. :o:o

esalazar
Jul 06 2005, 05:33 PM
your both baggers none-the-less!! :Dlol

rhett
Jul 06 2005, 05:50 PM
First off <font color="blue">your</font> telling me Im the smartest guy around when <font color="blue">your</font> saying this like this
Your have to be one of the smartest guys around.

Good Try though.

And if <font color="blue">your</font> playing with a bunch of crappy players and you shoot REALLY hot the average score and the averages rating are going to be way down and your rating will become inflated <font color="blue">do</font> to the fact that the average score and rating are so low.

So you set out to correct someone else's grammar, but you fubar the use of "you're" (three times!) and "due".

Classic. :D

Jul 06 2005, 07:18 PM
Rhett you missed his use of Im instead of I'm. He also used averages instead of average one of the times. One more, he used thats instead of that's.

I have decided correcting grammar on this board is a waste of time. It is especially hard if you try and talk about capitalization, punctuation, run on sentences, and fragments. Sometimes I wonder if disc golf has a negative impact on your IQ. :D

rhett
Jul 06 2005, 07:40 PM
Currently, I try to limit my grammar and spelling correction posts to posts that are correcting grammar and/or spelling. It's still a pretty fertile area. :D

chris
Jul 06 2005, 10:01 PM
i will give you 5 throws to reach 450'!!

Can I get that same bet???

reddman
Jul 06 2005, 11:49 PM

I won't be there and I'm not paying out anything, but I'm sure he will say yes. So you are in! :D

esalazar
Jul 07 2005, 09:42 AM

absolutely!!! now drag yo [I'm a potty-mouth!] down to austin texas and get some!!!! lmao !! :p

ANHYZER
Jul 07 2005, 01:27 PM
I cashed in my first Pro event last weekend!

jaxx
Jul 07 2005, 02:47 PM
i got my highest unofficial rating 1034 last weekend at Zeb (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=5264&year=2005&includeRatings=1#Advanced)

slo
Jul 07 2005, 03:01 PM
My home course graced yesterday by the reigning World Champion, the lovely and charming Birqitta Lagerholm. http://themooneysuzuki.com/media/common/emoticons/love.gif :cool:

adogg187420
Jul 11 2005, 06:07 PM
I own the course record at a GOLD level course, Highbridge Gold in Wisconsin, with a score of 60. Unless Barry has played there, then he probly has it...

chris
Jul 12 2005, 04:34 AM
I shot my first ever -20 the first round of a tournament this weekend :)

cbdiscpimp
Jul 12 2005, 10:17 AM
Congrats!!! I shot my first ever double circle 7 last weekend :D

twoputtok
Jul 12 2005, 10:37 AM
Only one? Try two of those with a triple circle 9 on top of it. :D

cbdiscpimp
Jul 12 2005, 10:45 AM
Holy penalty strokes TwoPutt :eek:

adogg187420
Jul 12 2005, 01:52 PM
Congrats!!! I shot my first ever double circle 7 last weekend :D

I had my first one as well this weekend but still shot a 993 round.

cbdiscpimp
Jul 12 2005, 02:04 PM

I forgot to mention that I had a circle 6 and missed 7 20 footers in the same round :eek:

brookep
Jul 12 2005, 02:20 PM
I own the course record at a GOLD level course, Highbridge Gold in Wisconsin, with a score of 60. Unless Barry has played there, then he probly has it...

You don't own it my buddie Tim Gacioch shot a 60 as well ROCK ON TIM!!!!

nix
Jul 12 2005, 02:27 PM

wow! that is impressive!! i have never even had a round tha high!!

adogg187420
Jul 12 2005, 02:37 PM

Ok, me, another Iowan (Scott Harmon) and your buddy Timmy "co-own" it... now wheres the emoticon that rolls its eyes?

brookep
Jul 12 2005, 03:17 PM

Ok, me, another Iowan (Scott Harmon) and your buddy Timmy "co-own" it... now wheres the emoticon that rolls its eyes?

Hey there is a big difference between OWNING IT! and co-owning it. Giving yourself props without the whole story hmmmm..... a little fishyhttp://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/nefertiti0501/drunk.gif

the_kid
Jul 12 2005, 04:20 PM

Hey there is a big difference between OWNING IT! and co-owning it. Giving yourself props without the whole story hmmmm..... a little fishyhttp://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/nefertiti0501/drunk.gif

I officially can't play well on Highbridge gold but I love Granite ridge. :D

adogg187420
Jul 12 2005, 06:03 PM
Oh yeah, and I 4'd #7 at Highbridge both times (1140 ft). And both times my tee shot hit a tree about 250 off the pad.

the_kid
Jul 12 2005, 06:06 PM
I went in the woods both times and parked a 450' shot to get a 4 :D

rhett
Jul 12 2005, 06:45 PM
My wife and daughter finished 1-2 at the Tahoe tournament last weekend in a field of 12 am chicks.

the_kid
Jul 12 2005, 07:07 PM
Megan took 2nd to her mom? Now that's funny :D

kittenchick
Jul 12 2005, 07:28 PM
haha funny

rhett
Jul 12 2005, 07:47 PM
The key thing is that we invaded NorCal and the girls were able to sweep their top spots.

I have nothing of my own to boast about from the weekend, except managing to hit just enough putts for two-thirds of one round to claim last merch in OMB. :)

pterodactyl
Jul 12 2005, 08:17 PM
Rhett, start a Tahoe thread and tell me who did what this weekend. Sounds like you slipped this year.

ANHYZER
Jul 14 2005, 03:07 AM
I super-glued my front tooth back on today.

pterodactyl
Jul 17 2005, 01:05 AM
CE ALERT...ACE ALERT...ACE ALERT...ACE ALERT...ACE ALERT...A
I had to take my Jetta in for it's 80,000 mile check-up to Modesto today. So I put my bike in the trunk, put 5 discs is my backpack and ride the 5 miles to the course to kill some time. Well, I got in their weekly and proceded to ace my first hole (#9 at La Loma) with my 2nd skip ace in a few weeks with a virgin 172 TWISTED FLYER (left-handed stamp) Orc. It was worth 325 ducats! Thanks Joe for the discs!!
The Ice Cream Man drove by and I bought everyone that was left an ice cream. I'll be back in about a month with some beer for those MODESTO CHAIN-REACTIONARIES!!!!
CE ALERT...ACE ALERT......STOP

pnkgtr
Jul 17 2005, 01:07 AM
I'm sorry I missed that. Nice job Kenny.

rhett
Jul 18 2005, 05:04 PM
I aced on the same day as Kenny Lee! :D

I aced hole #3 at the Waller Pines Open in Santa Maria Saturday with a sweet-S shot using a pretty new EIEIO DX Roc in round one.

In round two I deuced hole 19 from about 180 feet with my KC Aviar. It was a crappy drive and I was in the middle of that scrub brush field and managed to lay it into a nice right-to-left breeze and ride it all the way into the chains.

pterodactyl
Jul 18 2005, 07:27 PM
I'm sorry you missed it too, Rich. See, it pays to get into the ace pot.

Rhett, you and I are Ace brothers! Now what's the standard ceremony for becoming Ace brothers for life?

chris
Jul 18 2005, 11:47 PM
I got a good mixed doubles partner for worlds :D

Parkntwoputt
Jul 19 2005, 08:01 AM
I just shot a record worst round on our front nine last night.

+8

Which included a double circle 6 on our long hole, and about 5 missed 15ft putts.

Needless to say, I packed up and went home. No point dragging a miserable performance out all day long. I'll try it again tomorrow.

Parkntwoputt
Jul 19 2005, 09:06 PM
Tried to delete the post above but it was past the expired (sp) time limit.

But, during a best shot doubles tournament on a brand new course this past weekend. Going into the last hole, we were tied for the lead with a group that we were 3 strokes down to when we started the round. Unfortuantely with the cedar trees neither my partner or I had a good look at the basket with our tee shots. After two miserable approach shots we are left with a wide open 100ft shot left to the basket. My partner puts his up shot 3ft under the basket. He then turns to me and says "Go for it!" I take my putter and throw a sweeping hyzer and end up hitting the eye hook that holds up the chains, the discs hits the basket and flips out and we take a 4 on the hole. Our competition lays up and takes and easy three.

At the time we did not know the exact score, but knew that we played better then they did. That putt/approach that I missed ended up costing us the game. If I would have sunk it, it would have forced a playoff and we would have surely won.

Yet another Advanced victory slipped out of my fingers, but it was still fun.

phluffhead
Jul 20 2005, 04:25 PM
this weekend 21st, 2nd righty, 1st thumber ACE

friZZaks
Jul 20 2005, 04:50 PM
YEAH HICKORY..what hole.

phluffhead
Jul 20 2005, 11:30 PM
14 Down hill behind tree

michaeljo
Jul 22 2005, 02:09 AM
nice lefty

CAMBAGGER
Jul 27 2005, 12:53 AM
Hit my 1st Tennessee Ace today, worth $251 Bones! Blind thumber baby, hole 23 at Warriors Path in Kingsport.

Pablo
Jul 27 2005, 01:39 AM
Nice job BAGGER! :D

Jul 27 2005, 06:57 PM
Threw my best round ever on the back nine at noon league today. Did so without any birdies too!?!?!?

I always get psyched out by the holes. For some reason I didn't get into the head games today. Just made quality drives (for the most part), solid upshots, and only had to putt out of trouble once.

Good round today.

chris
Jul 30 2005, 03:09 PM
Top 10 at worlds!! :D

CAMBAGGER
Jul 30 2005, 05:53 PM
I got a 3 hour nap today! ;)

slo
Jul 30 2005, 06:36 PM
I hit 320' with a sidearm, my best; that's roughly 87.08% of my best ever BH. :)
Both on the "Tank" hole [copacetic wind, perhaps?]. :cool:

...saw two consecutive DROTs in a singles septet, each 20-25'. :eek:

Aug 01 2005, 12:35 PM
I played a round at Circle C with Martin Tasker yesterday. :D

zzgolfer
Aug 01 2005, 09:00 PM
I aced #15 at Vista del camino on july 28th then i aced #9 at Fountain hills on july 31st. 2 in 4 days!

TravisGrindle12
Aug 01 2005, 11:32 PM
I have not been able to play a lot lately but went to our Local doubles tonight and walked away with $122 from the ace pool.Aced Hole #1 with an ORC (1 finger flick)the same ORC that I aced with earlier in the year.

Aug 02 2005, 01:28 AM
My putting is money when i get within 5 feet of the pin!

friZZaks
Aug 02 2005, 12:50 PM
I hit my fifth pdga ace of the year at worlds..hole six at nockamixon...whooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Aug 02 2005, 02:01 PM
A good showing on all the FRIZZIES part....nice job!

eddie_ogburn
Aug 03 2005, 12:14 PM
At my home course in Raleigh NC, we had one of the highest rated turnouts for a weekly doubles event ever. Here's a list of some of the players that showed up rated over 950.

Walt Haney 1019
Brian Schweberger 1018
Larry Leonard 1012 (was there, didn't play)
Justin Jernigan 1006
Michael Hofmann 991
Mitch Sonderfan 990
Nate Bond 973
Jack Schmalfeld 971
Stephen Johnson 969
Robert Leonard 958
Eddie Ogburn 957
Jeff Yahn 956

Also Mandi Snodgrass played who just finished top 10 in open women at worlds. Another reason Raleigh is the disc golf capital of the east coast!!!

edit: thanks jeff. I'm sure i'm missing some more!

jefferson
Aug 03 2005, 12:53 PM
Stephen Johnson 969

jaxx
Aug 03 2005, 02:07 PM
i was there in spirit

bschweberger
Aug 07 2005, 06:19 PM
i was there in spirit

Junior Mafia Spirit. :eek:

jmonny
Aug 07 2005, 06:56 PM
Won dubs with Beetle Thursday nite at Inland Greens. I have something of a dubs disability, only won twice before ever. Parked a sweet roller on #11. Beat Rory/Rudy by one.

Aug 07 2005, 10:21 PM
I'm the worlds best doubles partner. Today we set the course record at Hyzer Creek, of -8, which is impossible, most good players are lucky to shoot a -2 usually so -8 is a miracle. Me and Kurt Waggoner.

1 ace (mine)
1 eagle (a 3 on a par 5. This was a miracle and I did all 3 shots including a 50 foot putt).
5 birdies, which by itself is a miracle.
only 1 bogey which is also a miracle in itself

Yeah, I'm boasting, I played well today!!!!!!

Kurt played really well and got 2 of the birdies and saved lots of pars but I made 3 of the birdies, the ace, and the eagle too.

OK I'm done boasting

Boneman
Aug 08 2005, 02:02 PM
Shot my first Ace � and celebrating my first year playing [serious] DG! :)
Aced #18, Glenwood CMC course. 249 foot tunnel shot with a left turn. 160 Zonedriven Sidewinder thrown dead straight with a skip at the end. There are only 3-4 recorded aces of this hole. :eek:
Witnessed by Chad Marshman (winner Colorado Open, advanced) Wayne, and my friend Matt Stanley. ;)

Aug 18 2005, 03:00 AM
First Ace today at league!!!! Ace pot was at $81 and I won league for another $8!!! Not bad for a $3 entry fee!!! But, the ace was so worth it!!!!

A strong wind blowing in my face, I stepped up to the #7 tee pad with confidence bordering on cockiness. I had just thrown a ridiculous tee shot on #6 to get a birdie for the first time ever on the hole. I pulled out my magical beat Pro TL knowing it would treat me right.

I threw a line drive at the creek, flat as can be. 200 feet into the flight it begins to gain air, turn to the right while narrowly missing a row of weeping willows. Knowing my shot was golden I feared to say anything to jinx it. The TL flexed, started back to the left and homed in on the chains.

KACHING!! Would it stay? I prayed quickly as the nanoseconds flew by. The chains flexed, rebounded and BANG! The TL was resting in the bottom of the basket. I rubbed my eyes in disbelief!! A 300+ foot hole into the wind?? Impossible. I must be dreaming. My real disc must be in the creek. MY card mates erupt in joy! It's really happening! My first ace! MY FIRST ACE!!! YAY!!!!!!

I will never forget the sight of that TL's flight path. Butter baby, pure butter. 1 year, 5 months from when I start playing disc golf I have my first ace!!!

Now to replace my TL. The one I threw is getting put away from my bag forever. Whenever I have a bad day I will look at this TL and remember my $90 first ace!

my_hero
Aug 18 2005, 09:46 AM
Congrats!!! There is nothing like the first one!!!! At least you got to see it. My first was on a 260' hole, up a 30' hill, and around a corner....totally blind shot. All the card did was hear KACHING.......then we started running. It was in. Yippee!!!

m_conners
Aug 21 2005, 01:26 AM
My bachelor party was Friday night...it's all a blurr, but I know I had FUN FUN FUN ;)

I played a 1 day C tier today in crappy weather while feeling absolutely awful...I literally had to lay down on every hole just to get my bearings before throwing....I'M BOASTING BECAUSE I FINISHED THE TOURNAMENT AND IT WAS PHYSICALLY VERY DIFFICULT.

johnrock
Aug 21 2005, 10:32 AM
TWO eagles in one round!!! During our handicap round yesterday, I hit two eagles. Hole #5, par four, 407 ft. (uphill through the trees) about a 35 ft. putt. Then on hole #14, my roller turned right too early and left me with about a 90 ft. shot that had to turn left to right around a big tree. In it went!

I've had eagles and aces before, but that was the first time to have two in one round. Too bad that double bogey on hole #4 kept me from having a good enough score to get a lower tag#.

rhett
Aug 21 2005, 02:54 PM
I went two and a half weeks without posting on the message board.

rhett
Aug 21 2005, 02:56 PM
This is my 8002nd post.

m_conners
Aug 22 2005, 05:32 PM
You can still find your post count??

Aug 22 2005, 05:40 PM
M_Conners: 351 threads, 2418 posts

ANHYZER
Aug 22 2005, 05:43 PM
How many do I have?...and if possible include all aliases.

LouMoreno
Aug 22 2005, 05:49 PM
DIRTY_DVINCENT (http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/dosearch.php?Cat=&Forum=All_Forums&Name=4234&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&)

I'll let you do the rest. :D

m_conners
Aug 22 2005, 06:09 PM
M_Conners: 351 threads, 2418 posts

Thank you ajones...I guess the only thing that tells me is I waste a lot of time on this message board :D

I manage a website so I'm constantly on-line, all day every day.

twoputtok
Aug 22 2005, 06:12 PM
Those numbers are way off, it shows myself with 174 posts. Should be more like 3974 posts. :o

m_conners
Aug 22 2005, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I remember your post count being HUGE!!

sschumacher
Aug 22 2005, 06:14 PM
Maybe you took a few too many posts up your (_._) ! :o:D

esalazar
Aug 22 2005, 08:57 PM

ESALAZAR: 670 threads, 4492 posts !! kewl :D

chris
Aug 22 2005, 09:51 PM
Barry beat me by 11 strokes this weekend and only won $27.60 more than I did. :eek: :confused: :D

m_conners
Aug 22 2005, 09:58 PM

You would be titled a carpal tunnell by now :cool:

esalazar
Aug 22 2005, 10:07 PM

You would be titled a carpal tunnell by now :cool:

those bazterds!!

tbender
Aug 22 2005, 10:36 PM
And probably leading in fewest words per post.... :)

esalazar
Aug 22 2005, 10:43 PM

nah , more like middle of the pack!! just like my dg game!!! :D

rhett
Aug 22 2005, 10:56 PM
Those numbers are way off, it shows myself with 174 posts. Should be more like 3974 posts. :o

Search results for Twoputt: 502 threads, 4430 posts

the_kid
Aug 23 2005, 08:38 PM

thtz me :D

my_hero
Aug 26 2005, 11:59 AM
Well, i just watched a co-worker scratch off a $5,000 winner. Boasting for him here.

nix
Aug 26 2005, 12:03 PM
nice!! at least it proves they do exist!!

my_hero
Aug 26 2005, 12:57 PM
It's the largest i've held in my hand. Before this $5 Cash Card Game $5000 winner , another friend hit $3000 on a Yellow Rose of Texas card.

Why is it never me? Cuz i don't play very often. These guys spend $40+ a day.

sleepy
Aug 26 2005, 02:18 PM
I have 10 aces this year. 3 weeks in a row at leagues. $750 tourny ace in rockford. And i just won $400 at Milwaukee Open in skins :D

Aug 26 2005, 02:23 PM
Wow! 3 weeks in a row! Sounds like a fairy tale to me :) at least with my game it is anyway.

$40 a week doesn't go very far with a $5000 ticket. Two years. Knowing most $40 a week people they have been doing it for years, and will keep doing it for years even after they hit a $5000 win.

my_hero
Aug 26 2005, 02:26 PM
You may have read that wrong. How about $40 a day....and that's not message board distance. :)

Aug 26 2005, 02:30 PM
Oops...so I had...okay, change my estimate then...3 months!

my_hero
Aug 26 2005, 02:42 PM
RIGHT!

His sugar momma pays for everything that life deals. The $$ he earns at work goes into his "all for me" fund. Must be nice. :D

Aug 28 2005, 12:15 AM
I would love to have a disc momma. Or maybe a disc poppa...

My Boast: On the longest drive hole at the tournament on Saturday, I had a 400-450 drive. It held up through all but the last group of the first round. One person out drove me in the afternoon also. Not too shabby considering it was a good golf shot!

Also, the disc the I got out there that far...any guesses? A 166 Sidewinder!

the_kid
Sep 18 2005, 10:23 PM
I had my best rated tournament ever 1004 and missed a 12' putt in the playoff. I ended up taking 2nd and a whoping $89 :D:DSorry I had to bring this thread back.

Chris Hysell
Sep 18 2005, 11:35 PM
The last shot I threw today was an ace.

dischick
Sep 19 2005, 05:36 AM
i found some guys to go retreive the disc that i threw on top of the bathrooms in practice.... (ooops)
THANK YOU CASUALS!

Sep 19 2005, 07:26 AM
i once waded in fridged cold ***** michigan water in the winter to retrieve one of her discs.....whats with jen and her abbility to get guys to get her frisbees out of precarious places????

Chicinutah
Sep 19 2005, 07:38 AM
I got my first ace almost a month ago now. I played a terrible round on a sunday at a tourney, so I told my husband I wanted to throw a few holes to get my confidence back up. I step up to the first tee and say "If I just line up to the left". In the chains for my first ace. I play the second round, shot my best score of the tourney, took a three on the 560' hole for the first time, (same disc) then I throw the CTP for the tourney(once again, same disc), and take the ace pot $45. One of the pros says to another guy "I think it's only fitting she wins the ace pot, she did get the ace", the other guy says, "yeah, but it was only in practice" first guy says "how many aces did you get in practice?", second guy, not a word. LMAO.

Parkntwoputt
Sep 19 2005, 09:03 AM
I had my best rated tournament ever 1004 and missed a 12' putt in the playoff. I ended up takin 2nd an a whoping $89 :D:DSorry I had to bring this thread back.

Wait a second.....

Does this mean that Scooter turned Pro? Wow, I must have been away longer then I thought. Now if we can only get Mills to move up. :D

dischick
Sep 19 2005, 12:47 PM
i once waded in fridged cold ***** michigan water in the winter to retrieve one of her discs.....whats with jen and her abbility to get guys to get her frisbees out of precarious places????

i actually throw in those places on purpose......... :D

pterodactyl
Sep 19 2005, 11:40 PM

She's got "The Kavorka"! :D

pterodactyl
Sep 22 2005, 11:11 PM
I'd have the highest player rating if I lived in 14 other states and D. of C. If I lived in Canada, I'd be #3(although I know Glenn could beat me just about any time he really wants to)!

jjmackey
Sep 23 2005, 06:02 PM
Got my first ace of the year (finally) on hole 17 in Rapid City Jackson park. :cool::D No ace pot but 4 other people did see it. Thank you for your time.

CAMBAGGER
Sep 23 2005, 08:05 PM
Got my 2nd of the year today, 14 at Borden Park...a real toughy. It's got to be 180 ft :D. 2 of my daughters and 2 of their friends got to witness it, the first time they have seen an ace.

cbdiscpimp
Sep 26 2005, 10:49 AM
I won the Fall Color Classic this weekend in Grand Rapids to capture my 1st Advanced B Tier win!!! :D:D:D

Sep 26 2005, 12:39 PM
Got my first ace yesterday. Hole 10 at Johnson Street in High Point, NC. Ran it on the last hole to clench the Am division win, plus I won the ace pot for $83. YEAH! :D

adogg187420
Sep 26 2005, 02:17 PM
Cashed in my first Pro event on Sunday after barely missing cash on Saturday.

dischick
Sep 26 2005, 02:25 PM
CONGRATS!

Sep 26 2005, 03:03 PM
Bengals are 3-0.....Now THAT's a boast!!!!

GO BENGALS!

DiscHof
Sep 29 2005, 03:25 PM
I have to boast for my girlfriend --
She hit a tree about 5 feet off the teepad on hole 14 at Peaks View Park, but she put her second shot in from about 160 feet. Then she aced hole 15 on the next throw! Go Sara!

Sep 29 2005, 03:28 PM
Is she hott? Pic?

teamtrim
Sep 29 2005, 08:54 PM
Why do you care, you hate TTRIM?

Chris Hysell
Sep 29 2005, 11:44 PM
Is she hott? Pic?

Oh yeah

DiscHof
Sep 30 2005, 11:49 AM
smokin hot

chris
Oct 02 2005, 06:06 PM
I just won a local tournament that our college put on only for the students that go there!! It was a free entrance fee but they actually payed out cash to the top 3 players. I am very proud of this win and thought I needed to post this under the boast thread! :) ( I am now offically the best player at my school! )

Oct 02 2005, 07:57 PM
What are the odds, that a professional disc golf can be better than frat boys.

chris
Oct 02 2005, 08:40 PM
I never would have guessed! I lost a lot of sleep last night worrying about this tournament, I've never been so nervous in my entire life! :eek: I'm glad I could perform under the pressure.

Oct 03 2005, 12:19 PM
Even though I finished in last place in the advanced division I walked home with the most in prizes! I got a CTP (Champ Shark), a tshirt in the ring of fire, and then won the Ace Pot in a throw off as noone had an ace. The Ace Pot win got me a new Discatcher Sport! Not a bad day for the guy in last place!

sandalman
Oct 03 2005, 12:33 PM
i faced a 35' uphill putt (pond on the other side of the hill) for a birdie.

i five-putted to take a SIX - and didnt even go into the pond! :cool:

seewhere
Oct 03 2005, 01:40 PM
nice lay up Pat a few times sounds like. RED ROCK!!! :D

sandalman
Oct 03 2005, 02:29 PM
hole SIX

shot 1: drive to base of pond, 35 feet from basket, a bit to the right
shot 2: skip off top of basket and float 2/3 of the way down the pond side
shot 3: hit pan, roll down hill and stop behind my lie, about 5 feet in from water
shot 4: go over top of basket and 20 feet down the other side
shot 5: splash out of weak-side chains
shot 6: drop in

lovely, huh :)

what was TRULY funny was on sunday morning's round i was sitting in nearly the same spot putting for my 3. the number 6 on the tape of the pole was staring right back at me as i was lined up for the putt. i almost laughed that the freakin basket was even reminding me of what happened the previous round from the same spot! :D

(i got the three)

Luke Butch
Oct 03 2005, 03:38 PM
I just won a local tournament that our college put on only for the students that go there!! It was a free entrance fee but they actually payed out cash to the top 3 players. I am very proud of this win and thought I needed to post this under the boast thread! :) ( I am now offically the best player at my school! )

It's not that good of a boast when you needed a 5 hole playoff to win. :eek: :eek:

Even so, congrats on being the top player at your school.

atreau3
Oct 03 2005, 05:32 PM
It was my birthday yesterday, and I wanted to boast about what a great wife I have...

My wife brought one of my discs (champ orc) to a jewler and had a custom keychain and money clip designed out of sterling silver. The jewler used the design of the disc (beveled edge) and molded a disc onto the key chain, and also one onto the money clip... it turns out that she was insistent that a normal circle shape was not good enough, that it had to have a beveled edge...it's amazing, and so is she!!!!

(she also got me a Columbia titanium jacket, the weber grilling book, and arranged my family to visit).

end of boast...

jeffash
Oct 03 2005, 05:56 PM
It was my birthday yesterday, and I wanted to boast about what a great wife I have...

I heard that somebody also dyed you some birthday discs! :D

atreau3
Oct 03 2005, 06:07 PM

I heard that somebody also dyed you some birthday discs! :D

:D:D:D

Oct 03 2005, 06:11 PM
and arranged my family to visit

I thought you said that she was a great wife...?

atreau3
Oct 03 2005, 06:20 PM
and arranged my family to visit

I thought you said that she was a great wife...?

haha, normally you'd be right... but we moved, and haven't seen them in three months... so it was good... ;)

Oct 04 2005, 03:27 AM
Went to my 1st Monday Night Footbal game!

pterodactyl
Oct 04 2005, 11:31 AM
And what a game that was...

I went to my first Raider game since 1967! What an ending too. As long as Dallas didn't win! :cool:

pterodactyl
Oct 07 2005, 01:13 AM
Ace Alert********Ace Alert*********That's right!

#5 in the short out at Oak Grove/Stockton tonight. Owwwwwwooooooh, howled the orange coyote! Dead solid perfect!

Billy_Ho
Oct 07 2005, 06:29 AM
Broke the Oklahoma State distance record with a throw of 570ft.......over 600' next year.......... :D

eddie_ogburn
Oct 07 2005, 04:36 PM
Nice Billy. You're a machine! Now go putt. :D

Parkntwoputt
Oct 08 2005, 10:28 PM
I got an Ace in the Ace Race today.

Does that count because these discs are hard to throw on holes that short.

Billy_Ho
Oct 09 2005, 08:16 AM
Nice Billy. You're a machine! Now go putt. :D

Sup OG!! Good to see you playin well dogg, I have actually became alot better of a putter...ask Boobs........and on that... GO ALEKSEY!!! Keep it up at the Charlotte Open.....ROY!!!! :D

the_kid
Oct 09 2005, 06:00 PM
I won my 1st Pro singles event. I was up by one after the 1st round and shot the best round of my life and ended up winning by nine. :D:D

the_kid
Oct 09 2005, 06:29 PM
Oh yeah and I got the #1 tag back. :Dok I'm out

jeffash
Oct 10 2005, 12:17 PM
As play began on Sunday, October 9, former University of Arkansas athletes were leading PGA, and PDGA, tour events.
John Daly and Aleksey Bubis.
WOO, PIG, SOOIE!!! :D

dave_marchant
Oct 10 2005, 12:25 PM
How were they doing at the end of the day Sunday?

Tiggers and Hippies seem to have scalped those razorbacks.

jeffash
Oct 10 2005, 12:27 PM
How were they doing at the end of the day Sunday?

Tiggers and Hippies seem to have scalped those razorbacks.

Minor details... /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
At least they were in a position to be scalped :D
Did Tiger go to UNCC? :D

dave_marchant
Oct 10 2005, 12:35 PM
I think he went to Shallo Alto's version of UNCC. :eek:

I also think Tigger and the Hippy have similar hairlines.

chris
Oct 13 2005, 01:48 AM
I just beat Justin Bunnell in bowling!

the_kid
Oct 13 2005, 10:26 AM
Again?!?! :D:D

bruce_brakel
Oct 19 2005, 05:04 PM
Kira birdied #12 at Firefighters today. She was throwing a driver on her second throw so it had the look and feel of an ace.

johnrock
Oct 19 2005, 11:40 PM
This evening in Draw Doubles, Fabian Hyman ACED # 3. Very cool shot! He threw it high and steep hyzer, and the wind blew it into the basket. Bad news, he WASN'T in the ace pot!

The other good news, Hole #6 got rattled this evening with my upside down hyzer thumber over the top of the trees. I've been working on that shot for a while and today it paid off! Bad news, that shot popped out. But, with the 51/50 payoff, cold Shiners were flowing!

rhett
Oct 21 2005, 04:32 PM
I beat M_Conners at the USDGC. :)

m_conners
Oct 21 2005, 05:17 PM
You and a whole bunch of other guys........................and girl

eddie_ogburn
Oct 21 2005, 05:19 PM
Better luck next year Conners. I beat Rhett in the Par 3 Shootout.

m_conners
Oct 21 2005, 05:23 PM
Atleast one of us can beat Rhett :DI'm gonna try and qualify next year for sure, the entire event was fantastic!

cbdiscpimp
Oct 21 2005, 05:24 PM

Isnt Des rated higher then you anyway :eek: :eek: :eek:

m_conners
Oct 21 2005, 05:30 PM
Probably.

Oct 22 2005, 09:22 PM
Shot a 49 at Peaks View Park (http://www.pdga.com/course/courses_by_city.php?id=874) in my first round since Thanksgiving of '04.

Gimmie_tha_Roc
Oct 24 2005, 04:04 PM
I got my third ace of the month on friday, 300 ft, it was too low, and skipped from about 50 out and stuck. I have never even had two aces in a month before, but now I've had 3 in October.
10/21 300 ft #9 Yellow Creek with a Flash (bag tag round)
10/14 310 ft #7 YCP Beast (casual)
10/3 310 #17 YCP KC Roc (doubles round)

rhett
Oct 24 2005, 05:21 PM

I had a great time but only managed to play fairly decent Rhett-golf. Against that field it didn't leave too many boasting opportunities, so you were it! :)

And if Teresa could've come out of the gate playing her game, you and I might be saying "and two girls" right now! :D

atreau3
Oct 26 2005, 02:43 PM
This past weekend... doubs tourny.. tied for second after two rounds... playoff...

I had been playing mediocre golf all day... first hole was a push. Second hole: an easy righty hyzer about 400'. The other team (both righties) step up and throw within 50'. My partner (righty) steps up and throws within 75'. I step up (lefty) and park the hole and take it... it was a near ace, another 2 feet further and we would have won by two!!!

I needed redemption, as my partner was carrying me a good part of the day. One of the guys on the other team is very competitive, and he was stewing for the rest of the day....

DSproAVIAR
Oct 26 2005, 04:15 PM
Kira birdied #12 at Firefighters today. She was throwing a driver on her second throw so it had the look and feel of an ace.

Thats a good one bruce, I played 4 rounds there a week or 2 ago and didnt birdie #12 once. Of course, she also took my longest drive up in Flip City last summer. :(

pterodactyl
Oct 30 2005, 12:12 AM
ACE ALERT...ACE ALERT...ACE ALERT...ACE ALERT...
We set up a "haunted" hole out at Oak Grove in Stockton today. We put the basket inside a fallen Valley Oak tree that is actually still alive. It's still 40 feet high even though it is on it's side and about 290 feet away. There were all kinds of dried thistles, mistletoe, and huge branches everywhere. It was the first time we have set the hole up. My throw somehow found a way to the chains for $165 in ace pool money. Brand new 175 kool aid green champion cobra...spooky! My 25th! :cool:
LERT...ACE ALERT...ACE ALERT...ACE ALERT...STOP

xterramatt
Oct 30 2005, 12:22 AM

They make green Kool-Aid?

and the proper response to that question is.....

cwphish
Oct 30 2005, 11:16 AM
October was pretty good to me. I got a C-tier win for the Maceman Shootout while getting to watch the USDGC all week, and then hit an ace pool for $320 a couple of days later. October disc golf rocks!

Parkntwoputt
Oct 31 2005, 03:14 PM
Considering I do not play well on wooded courses, this was a nice milestone to hit for me.

I finally broke 50 on a round in a tournament. 4th round at Lover's Lane Park at the Nat's Halloween Howler this past weekend. Ironically, it was just after I told a buddy that I had never broke 50 ever in a tournament.

The best part was the fact that my 5th birdie was on a 390ft hole that finished right and into a grove of trees. I put it 15ft from the basket to the right/pin high. It was the second to last hole (#10). That round, and the other round I played at Lovers that weekend were both Bogey FREE!!!. So I should have shot better then a -5, but I was happy with it none the less.

pterodactyl
Oct 31 2005, 07:59 PM
Matt,
WWhatt's the answer to your qquiz about green kool-aidd?? Is that from some movie? Sounds familial, but...drawing a blank.

md21954
Nov 01 2005, 09:05 AM
i finally got my first ace yesterday. i've hit chains at least a dozen times this year, but one finally stuck. 8a, druid hill park, spike hyzer over top of trees on right. two witness, tied the tag match up at -6.

Chris Hysell
Nov 01 2005, 10:31 AM
I must have inspired you last weekend. You're welcome.

my_hero
Nov 01 2005, 06:44 PM
That's right.

After years and years of slicing golf balls, i finally hit one straight. It was a better feeling than my 1st ace in Disc Golf, which is now known as Dolf.

Who would have guessed that all i had to do was close the clubs face a little more on my downswing. Already looking forward to my next round of Bolf.

Chris Hysell
Nov 01 2005, 07:13 PM
Okay now Colf.

my_hero
Nov 01 2005, 07:19 PM
I think that went over my fat head. :DI'm almost scared to ask what the "C" is for.

keithjohnson
Nov 01 2005, 07:44 PM
i think hysell needed to say-----
now turn your head and colf :D

my_hero
Nov 01 2005, 08:14 PM
That's what i was worrying he'd say.

Now turn your head....you're gonna feel a little pressure....and give me a big Colf!

Chris Hysell
Nov 01 2005, 08:36 PM
You're on the right track.

Luke Butch
Nov 05 2005, 10:09 PM
I bought a mint 176g 1st run Z Buzz at a tournament today for $12. :D

I cashed in the tournament too, but I was more happy about the Buzz.

rhett
Nov 07 2005, 03:53 PM
I finished 30 cents to the good at Wolf yesterday.

xterramatt
Nov 08 2005, 09:58 PM
I finally got my wife to play a round of disc golf. Her team at work planned a team outing to play disc golf at Kilborne Park here in Charlotte. 18 showed up! I showed them the basics, they threw their 150 class stingrays around a while then we split up into doubles.

It was nice playing with my wife. She has pretty good form for someone who hasn't thrown golf discs. And to top it off she finally got a putt to stick on the last hole for a birdie! She even said she had fun. It was fun to watch a bunch of grown ups progress through their first round of disc golf. I kinda forget what it's like nowadays.