Now Hiring: PDGA Marketing Manager
UPDATE: Applications are no longer being accepted for the Marketing Manager position. The hiring process is now in the second stage, where more than 60 job applications are being evaluated to determine who will move to the next round for consideration. Applicants who are considered for the next round of interviews will be notified no later than March 12th. The goal is to have our new Marketing Manager in place by April 16th.
Disc golf’s continued growth hasn’t been a surprise to those who play the sport. Between its low start-up costs, ageless appeal, and the simple allure of watching a disc in flight, it’s an activity that unites communities and connects participants with nature. But even as more people discover the joy of the game and a burgeoning professional scene continues to flourish, disc golf remains, in many ways, a well-kept secret.
Now, we’re looking for someone to help let the secret out.
The PDGA is now accepting applications for a marketing manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will bring fresh ideas and a collaborative spirit to help us serve the more than 40,000 active members who took part in more than 3,500 events in 2017. As we continue to usher the sport into the future, the marketing manager will analyze market trends and oversee sponsorship, branding, and advertising opportunities across a variety of the organization’s platforms, including PDGA.com, Pro Worlds, and a host of other events.
As with previous staff openings, we’ll open this position to applicants both inside and outside of disc golf. We encourage our members to spread the word and encourage any viable candidates to consider the position.
Applications will be accepted until March 7, 2018, with a projected start date of April 16, 2018.
Position: Marketing Manager
Responsible to: PDGA Executive Director
Background: The Professional Disc Golf Association (PDGA) is a player-run international not-for-profit organization. There are nine staff members based at the International headquarters in Appling, Georgia, USA and four additional staff members who work remotely. The PDGA, with over 41,000 active members and hundreds of volunteers, is the governing body for the sport of disc golf, and sanctions competitive events for men and women of every skill level from novice to professional. Permanent disc golf courses are found in countries worldwide, as well as throughout the United States. For more background, visit http://www.pdga.com.
Position Summary: The Professional Disc Golf Association seeks a self-motivated and energetic individual to serve as Marketing Manager of this rapidly developing international sports organization. The successful candidate must be a dynamic professional with demonstrated ability to implement innovative strategies designed to promote the goals of the PDGA with the ability to exercise independent judgment in completing both long and short-term projects over a wide range of marketing, advertising, and sponsorship programs. PDGA Marketing programs encompass the following areas: promotions, commercial sponsorship, advertisings, branding, and public relations.
- Develop and execute marketing goals, budgets, and execution plans consistent with the mission of the PDGA
- Centralize and manage all sponsorship and advertising programs for the PDGA. This includes, but is not limited to, DiscGolfer Magazine, PDGA.com, Worlds and National Tour events, and activities and events at the International Disc Golf Center
- Enhance and oversee PDGA branding strategies and programs
- Research, analyze, and adjust to market trends that impact the PDGA and disc golf
- Analyze and adjust to competitor products and marketing campaigns
- Research consumer demands, identify target customer base, monitor customer satisfaction
- Represent the PDGA at meetings, tradeshows, interviews, events, and miscellaneous functions that increase the exposure and awareness of the PDGA and disc golf
- Duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- 5-10 years of experience in marketing, advertising, and/or sponsorship position
- Communications, interpersonal, and negotiating skills
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Creative thinking
- Administrative ability
- Communication technology experience and computer skills
- Public speaking experience
- A university or equivalent degree in marketing or business administration
- Professional experience working with a non-profit, sports-related organization
- Experience utilizing media production software for video, image and graphics production
- Experience in or demonstrated success in:
- Disc golf activities
- Fundraising experience
- Event management
- Business presentations
- A full-time, salaried position with commission opportunities
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- 401(k) plan with 3% matching contribution rate
- Health Insurance plan
- Successful candidate is encouraged to reside in the area of Augusta, GA.
- Expenses-paid travel will be required
Application Deadline: March 7, 2018
Projected Start Date: April 16, 2018
Application Process: Please send a resume and a cover letter, specifically supporting your interest in, and suitability for, this position via e-mail to [email protected].
- posted 21 hours ago
- posted 1 day ago
- posted 3 days ago
- posted 3 days ago
- posted 3 days ago
- 1 of 378
- next ›