acekiko
Sep 25 2016, 11:38 AM
We were playing a round the other day with a small bet on the round. We all take our drives and I proceed where my disc should be and it is not there. Some spectators tell us that a small group of kids pick up my yellow disc and took off with it. I had to redrive and the question was whether I should take a penalty stroke. We all agreed that an intentional act by the boys in taking my disc should not penalize me . I redrove minus the penalty stroke. Was this the right call?? thnx

cgkdisc
Sep 29 2016, 08:30 AM
Yes, you can re-throw with no penalty including not counting your original throw per 804.03E.. Your re-throw counts as your first throw, not second. Or, the spectators could help you locate where your disc landed before being stolen and you could just continue playing from there per 804.03C.

bombmk
Oct 07 2016, 08:28 PM
We were playing a round the other day with a small bet on the round. We all take our drives and I proceed where my disc should be and it is not there. Some spectators tell us that a small group of kids pick up my yellow disc and took off with it. I had to redrive and the question was whether I should take a penalty stroke. We all agreed that an intentional act by the boys in taking my disc should not penalize me . I redrove minus the penalty stroke. Was this the right call?? thnx

No need for a rethrow.

You play from where the group believe the disc established its position.

http://www.pdga.com/rules/official-rules-disc-golf/804-the-throw/80403-interference

Point C:
A thrown disc at rest that has been moved shall be replaced to its approximate position (see 802.02.E). A marker disc at rest that has been moved shall be replaced to mark the approximate lie (see 802.03.F).

804.03 E only covers intentional interference by a player - and only if it altered the course of the disc. If it had come to rest, that is not applicable in any way.