Angst
Sep 01 2015, 03:13 PM
once again I have several events not included because some TDs have not submitted their "final" TD Report.

I am a TD myself and I understand that sometimes life gets busy and we don't get things done as quickly as they could be. I completely understand that, and I'm not suggesting we unreasonably rush the TDs.

What I am here to question is why the PDGA feels it is necessary to withhold MY ratings update. All of the scores from these events are right there... on the webpage. I understand that withholding an event from a ratings update might be a good motivator for a TD to get his job done, but in the meantime it is only the players of those events that suffer. I am a current member and have been for many years and one of my main reasons for staying current is the ratings system... yet I am being punished for something I have zero control over.

Why can't these "still unofficial" events be processed like all of the other events? If the reason is because a TD somewhere hasn't sent in his money yet, then perhaps there should be another way to make sure these TDs pay up, but I think holding our ratings hostage is a horrible solution.

cgkdisc
Sep 01 2015, 08:24 PM
Events are not held up from processing if all of the event fess have not yet been received from TDs. The main reason ratings cannot be processed off of the website is lack of good information on courses played, number of holes and assignments by divisions. Payouts for pros are also not always there and membership renewal info is lacking. The only time scores are reluctantly processed from the website is when all efforts to get them from the TD have failed at the end of the year. Then, best guesses have to be made on those elements.