ching_lizard
Jan 26 2015, 07:51 PM
My apologies to everyone about not posting something up here sooner. I rarely sign into the PDGA discussion board any more, and it suddenly dawned on me that perhaps nobody had posted anything up here for the 20th edition of Texas States!

The event will be held on March 28th and 29th in Houston Texas. We will be setting up 3 brand-new courses at the Inwood Golf Center - which is a golf course community where the golf course part was decommissioned about 5-6 years ago. The original setup was 3 separate 9-hole ball golf courses. We will be installing 3 courses of 21 holes each.

Each player in the tournament will get to play all 3 courses. We'll run two rounds of 21 holes with shotgun starts on Saturday. We'll post up tee times for Sunday morning and all players will play one round of 21 holes with an assigned tee time on Sunday. We'll probably delay the final card of MPO to give as many people an opportunity to follow the lead card as possible. Not all divisions will have an opportunity to watch the lead Open card as many might still be out on the course(s), but it will provide an opportunity for the greatest number of folks to go be part of the gallery following the lead Open cards. We highly encourage that you watch and cheer on your favorite players as they play their final round.

All 3 courses will be at one single location again (something I think most players have figured out that we really strive to do.) We hope to have one or two of our local micro-brewers out representing the city's fine craft brews! We'll get tee times posted up (hopefully) at the party so you can find out what your assigned time is for Sunday morning.

We look forward to seeing everyone at this twentieth edition of Texas State Disc Golf Championship and we anticipate putting on another wonderful tournament at a very special and unique facility with some really great, challenging courses. This event is being used as a sort-of trial balloon to aid the community and its property managers in making a decision to keep these courses installed permanently. I ask that all players help us in showing the community how respectful we are by not entering onto anyone's private property (we'll make arrangements to get any errant discs back) and to be civil to these folks whom are letting us play (quite literally) in their backyards.

We are anxiously looking forward to hosting another great Texas States - we hope that you will agree.

Larry Kruse
TD