grampa724
Aug 05 2014, 01:44 PM
Could not find a definitive rule on this: I saw a player in a PDGA tournament empty his bag on an island hole (artificial by painted lines) after throwing his last disc and still not inbounds, he then picks up 3 discs from the OB area and finally throws one in. Much discussion was had concerning the legality of it. Some said it was a DQ for playing discs already thrown I said i didn't know. What would the ruling be? He took a 39 on that hole and didnt return the next day

krupicka
Aug 05 2014, 01:55 PM
He could have fetched the first disc he threw and rethrown it if he could do so in a reasonable time. Nothing illegal about that. Some events have course rules that explicitly give a disc count before retrieval, but as far as PDGA rules, it's A-OK.

Of course this sounds like the hole was not designed well. There is no reason to make a player empty their bag on one hole.

grampa724
Aug 05 2014, 02:50 PM
It is a 230 ft hole, trees in between tee and basket, 4 ways to play it. RHFH to right of trees, RHBH anny on same line, RHBH hyser between trres, there is a lane there, big sky ann around all the trees, or lay up area to right of tee, pitch to green and putt. It was at an AM weekend before an NT, same layout for NT

JoakimBL
Aug 07 2014, 05:27 PM
AM's or not, idiot player or not, if someone disputes a rules call, just get out your rulebook (or phone) and point to the rule. In this case it would be difficult, since there is no such rule.