ibromberg
Oct 14 2013, 10:29 PM
I'm having trouble finding any reference to the allowable distance from the rear edge of a marker disc to a point of contact with the playing surface in the current rules. I know that in previous versions this was defined with a specific distance. Am I looking in the wrong place? Has this been changed/removed?

Thanks,
Isaac

cgkdisc
Oct 14 2013, 10:53 PM
Look in the Definitions 800.02 for Lie: ... it is a line 30 cm in length extending back along the line of play...

ibromberg
Oct 15 2013, 06:49 AM
Thank you.

Sylvester Voigt
Oct 15 2013, 02:41 PM
I see Players get called more often for not being directly behind their Lie on a run up Throw when using a Marker Disc. I feel less apprehensive using the original Disc Spot for that reason, in addition to when trying to stay farther away from an forward obstruction.

pterodactyl
Oct 16 2013, 02:08 PM
It's much easier to hit your mark when not using a mini.

krupicka
Oct 16 2013, 02:30 PM
Why is that? The space you need to hit is the same regardless if you are using a mini or your disc.

jconnell
Oct 16 2013, 04:27 PM
Why is that? The space you need to hit is the same regardless if you are using a mini or your disc.

True about the size of the space. I think the difference is the larger disc is simply a better visual aid for the thrower.