JohnLambert
Sep 03 2013, 03:53 PM
I've read the criteria for getting an invite to Worlds next year in Portland. Minimum of 500 points. My question is it in the 2013 calendar year?

I ask because I'm just getting back in to tournament play and think I have around 70 points so far this year. If I only have until December 31st to get to 500 I think I'm in trouble.

Thanks for any feedback.

cgkdisc
Sep 03 2013, 04:28 PM
Points for the next Worlds invite is always points earned in the previous calendar year only.

JohnLambert
Sep 03 2013, 04:41 PM
Thanks Chuck. I was afraid of that.

drumin5216
Sep 03 2013, 04:48 PM
The best way to get a lot of points is not necessarily playing a lot of tournaments but finding a couple really big tournaments. If you are really interested in going to worlds, then that would be your best bet.

JohnLambert
Sep 05 2013, 02:18 PM
The best way to get a lot of points is not necessarily playing a lot of tournaments but finding a couple really big tournaments. If you are really interested in going to worlds, then that would be your best bet.

Signed up for an A tier and a couple B's and a C. Guess I better practice ;)

bruce_brakel
Sep 18 2013, 11:39 PM
You might have to get your points in the division you want an invitation for. Last year they did screwy stuff with points, divisions, and limited invitations that I never completely understood.