DWilsy
Aug 15 2013, 12:50 PM
After reading and comprehending A and B of this rule, I am utterly confused at C:

"Course equipment may always be restored to its proper working order, including the clearing of obstacles."

Could someone please explain this to me and cite examples? It feels completely out of place, and I would be greatly appreciative to understand what it meant. If there is already a thread on this topic I apologize, I'm new to this discussion board. Thanks for your time.

jconnell
Aug 15 2013, 04:10 PM
After reading and comprehending A and B of this rule, I am utterly confused at C:

"Course equipment may always be restored to its proper working order, including the clearing of obstacles."

Could someone please explain this to me and cite examples? It feels completely out of place, and I would be greatly appreciative to understand what it meant. If there is already a thread on this topic I apologize, I'm new to this discussion board. Thanks for your time.

This is in regard to targets, mainly. Per parts A and B of the rule, if something is not in one's stance, it is not allowed to be moved (but the list of moveable obstacles within the stance is restricted). Part C provides the lone exception to this restriction...obstacles on or within the target that are not a permanent fixture on the target. Targets are not often within one's stance since they are usually completely in front of the player's mark, so without the exception in part C, the target could not be touched or adjusted in any way.

"Restoring" to proper working order generally refers to untwisting tangled chains or restoring chains that might have broken or come off the S-hook before or during the round. The last phrase allows for removing objects such as fallen branches or leaves (or trash) that might have accumulated in or on the target before or during the round.

DWilsy
Aug 15 2013, 04:34 PM
Thank you for explaining in detail. It makes perfect sense now, much appreciated:)

cgkdisc
Aug 15 2013, 09:42 PM
It's also helpful when temp targets are used and possibly tip over or the shims making them level get moved during the round.