PhattD
Jun 20 2013, 10:02 PM
If there are three people in a division and two of them drop out in the last round due to injury and take 999s. I the third player drops out to spare his rating and takes an 888 doe he win the division?

jconnell
Jun 20 2013, 10:22 PM
If there are three people in a division and two of them drop out in the last round due to injury and take 999s. I the third player drops out to spare his rating and takes an 888 doe he win the division?

I'd say no. 888 generally comes accompanied with a DQ.

3.3 Player Misconduct
A. The PDGA adopts a strict policy of appropriate behavior during events, as well as appropriate comments to the media. Any conduct deemed to be unprofessional is subject to disqualification by the Tournament Director, and may also be subject to further disciplinary actions from the PDGA.

B. Players are expected to behave in a professional and sportsmanlike manner while participating in a PDGA sanctioned event. Actions that are in violation of this conduct include but are not limited to:...
13. Deliberately seeking to manipulate ones player rating through intentional misplay or withdrawal.

I'd say no one wins the division. I might be inclined to "pay out" the two injured players something equivalent to their net entry fees (i.e. whatever chunk of their entry that was earmarked for payout). But Mr. 888's money is going to be absorbed by the tournament to cover expenses, add cash to pro payouts, etc.

bruce_brakel
Jun 21 2013, 12:32 AM
Looks to me like he won by 111!

JoakimBL
Jun 21 2013, 03:03 AM
I don't thin anyone that doesn't finish can win anything. Quitting means your forfeit you entry and possible payout, no matter the reason.

pterodactyl
Jun 21 2013, 02:42 PM
I don't thin anyone that doesn't finish can win anything. Quitting means your forfeit you entry and possible payout, no matter the reason.

Unless it happens in a final 9.

araydallas
Jun 26 2013, 10:31 AM
i don't thin anyone that doesn't finish can win anything. Quitting means your forfeit you entry and possible payout, no matter the reason.

unless it happens in a final 9 that pays at least the number of players in that final nine.

ftfy