Patrick P
Sep 19 2012, 03:57 PM
Is there a published list of qualifier events for the 2013 USADGC held June 7th-9th? I noticed for the 2012 year, quailified events were from end of May 2011 through middle of May 2012.

Patrick P
Nov 02 2012, 01:07 PM
Anyone, Bueller? I got an email today from the 2012 TD that I should contact Discraft. It's already been five months for events that would typically qualify for 2013, but there is no listing of these qualifying events. Am I missing something here?

bruce_brakel
Nov 29 2012, 09:59 PM
I asked the TD same question in September. He said that the 2013 qualifiers and qualifying standards would probably be the same as the 2012 qualifiers and qualifying standards. So you can go to the www.usadgc.com (http://www.usadgc.com) site and look up the 2011-2012 qualifying tournaments for 2012 and know that if you played the same tournament in 2012 you probably had a shot at qualifying for 2013.

If it all works out that way, my daughter Kelsey will be the first woman ever to qualify for USADGC based on her performance in the MA1 division at a sanctioned qualifying tournament. (Other women have qualified under other rules.) I'll be sending in her entry fee just as soon as they post the list.

Another thing you may want to know, for 2012 they eliminated the bump down rule. If a qualified player finishes in a qualifying place at a tournament, instead of bumping that spot down to the next player, that spot was lost. That eliminated the advantage in playing a late qualifier where a bunch of good players were already qualified. Presumably that will be the rule for 2013 as well.