gordonmk
Aug 29 2012, 08:08 PM
Texas Teams is on again this year, now being held at Live Oak Nov. 17 & 18 (instead of at Circle R in Wimberley). All kinds of great info on the Circular Productions website: http://www.circularproductions.com/texas_teams_2012_event.html and there is a Texas Teams Facebook page too.

Aissa Gines will be the team captain of the Waterloo 1 team again this year, if you are interested in playing please contact her at [email protected] or 512-299-7381.

Unfortunately, WaterLou Too has run its course and is no more. It was an outstanding team for a long time and we will miss it. Lou Moreno did an excellent job as Cap�n Lou. Thanks Lou!!!

However, we would still love to have a 2nd Waterloo Club team. If you are interested in being the team captain, please send me an email at [email protected] If you aren�t sure what being a captain involves, just contact Aissa and talk with her about her experience last year and what she is doing this year.

If you want to play for Waterloo, but don�t want to be captain (and there isn�t a spot for you on Waterloo 1), email me and I�ll then pass your name along to whoever ends up being the captain of Waterloo 2.

Waterloo Team members need to be active/involved club members from the Austin / Greater Austin area (active could mean current on your dues, but not necessarily � it also could mean you take part in our meetings, leagues, minis, tournaments, workdays, or staffing, etc).

gordonmk
Sep 21 2012, 02:11 PM
We are still looking for some more players for the Waterloo Club team for Texas Teams in November. We are about � full and we have some flexibility in moving people around to the different spots depending on who wants to play (all except for our Amatuer Women � Captain Aissa is in that spot :) ).

Contact Aissa Gines if you are interested or have any questions: [email protected] or 512-299-7381

gordonmk
Jul 02 2013, 12:36 PM
There are two great Team tournaments coming up this November, 2013:

The one and only, original, Texas Teams Championships hosted by Circular Productions at Selah Ranch in Mount Vernon (plus a 2nd venue), so four John Houck designed courses to play.

The new, in its first year, Texas Camping Championships hosted by Fishead Tim (guided by the celestial presence of Father Dave) at David Moody�s ranch in Red Rock with its two recently re-designed courses.

Both will have great camping, great golf, and tons of great people!

Waterloo Disc Golf Club would like to have a team at each event. We have been at every Texas Teams event since John Houck started it many many years ago, except for this past year. We don�t want to miss it again! And we want to be at Moooooooody�s too :)

What we need is a Team Captain for Texas Teams and players too. For Texas Camping, we already have a captain, Aissa Gines, but we need other players.

A team captain helps round up the players, making sure we have each spot filled; collects the entry fee from the players and submits it to the event (and the club can help with this too); collects and submits all the player info to the event (names, positions, sweatshirt/shirt sizes, etc); keeps everyone informed about news and updates; etc. It sounds worse than it is, but it does involve a little time and commitment.

Players for Waterloo teams need to be members of the club from the Austin / Central Texas area.

More info about each event here:

Texas Teams Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Teams/141965995901371?fref=ts;
Texas Teams website: http://www.circularproductions.com/texas_teams_2013_event.html

Texas Camping Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/225678074234702/

If you will captain our team at TX Teams, just let me know by emailing me at [email protected] or by calling the club cell phone, 512-994-9508.

If you want to play on either team (or both), email me or call me and I�ll pass on your info to Cap�n Aissa (for TX Camping) or to our yet-to-be-known captain for TX Teams.

Thanks!
Waterloo Disc Golf Club