Jroc
May 23 2012, 06:55 PM
The ADGA is proud to present the 2012 Abilene Wild Hair, June 23-24 Abilene Tx. Come enjoy a great weekend of disc golf put on by the Abilene Disc Golf Association.

Some changes to note this year:

Lunch will be provided on Saturday only.
No Final 9 on Sunday afternoon.
Saturday night, there will be a players party at the Fast Lane Bar (less than 5 minutes from the host hotel) from 7p-1a. BYOB. ADGA's own Barry Lackey and Texas Raw will be providing live classic rock from 8-12. The party is FREE to all Wild Hair golfers and traveling companions.

We are playing the ACU 18 and Cal Young just like last year. Dri-fit shirts for the first 110 players (Pro or Am). Players pack for all players. Any questions, go to www.abilenediscgolf.com (http://www.abilenediscgolf.com) for all the information, flyers, online registration, and host hotel info.

Jroc
May 25 2012, 02:44 PM
There will be a Wild Hair warmup event on Sat, June 16. Come play the courses as they will be set up for the Wild Hair the following weekend. (Cal Young will be set up as it will play in Rd 1 and 2). OB paint line wont be there, but I will have flags out where the OB will be so you get an idea of what you will have to deal with. (The paint will fade in a weeks time and its expensive enough!). Details are:

2012 Wild Hair Warmup event
Sat June 16, 2012

3 divisions

Pro - $15
Adv - $10
Am - $10

CTP included. Cal Young Ace Pot will be up for grabs
$5 of each entry will go towards the 2012 Wild Hair

Registration at 9a at Cal Young
Players meeting at 9:45

Tee time:
Cal Young - 10a
ACU - 1:30a

Cash payout for Pros
Plastic payout for Adv and Am

Any questions, email at [email protected]

Jroc
Jun 05 2012, 04:06 PM
Less than 3 weeks away now! signups are starting to flow in....dont get left out on a shirt in the players pack...first 110 players get one.

Any questions, email at [email protected]

Online signups will be available until Thrusday June 21. Signups will be taken all day Friday during dubs at ACU course. NO signups will be taken saturday morning

All the information, including on-line signups, are at www.abilenediscgolf.com/the-wild-hair.html (http://www.abilenediscgolf.com/the-wild-hair.html)

Jroc
Jun 08 2012, 04:49 PM
Just got the discs in...they look pretty sweet! Checkout the Abilene Disc Golf Association Facebook page.

Just about 2 weeks away now....where is everyone? If you havent signed up yet...what are you waiting for!!!

Dri-fit shirt for the first 110 players.
Custom stamp drawstring nylon backpack for everyone.
CTP prizes throughout the weekend.
Raffle (discathcer sport and other goodies)
Free lunch Sat.
FREE PLAYERS PARTY SAT NIGHT! (Shiner Bach will be provding some of their new "Wild Hare" brew...also FREE!)
Ring of Fire Sun.
$1,000 added to the Pro Purse (and theres a good chance I can add more!)

Need I say more? Sign up online at www.abilenediscgolf.com/the-wild-hair.html (http://www.abilenediscgolf.com/the-wild-hair.html). Last day for online reg will be Thursday, June 21. After that, you can sign up Friday at ACU as soon as we get there (prob 2p) until the last card comes in from doubles (about sunset). No registrations taken Saturday.

Any questions, email [email protected]

Jroc
Jun 12 2012, 11:16 PM
Plenty of spots left so far, but dont wait too long!

Jroc
Jun 18 2012, 06:43 PM
Got plenty of room for folks...but dont wait too long!

Weather for the weekend looks good...mid to upper 90's all weekend. We'll have plenty of water out there and a few covered areas.

Dont forget about the FREE players party Sat night at the Fast Lane Bar...Shiner Boch is throwing in some free Wild Hare Pale Ale for us...also, BYOB for anything else you think your big enough to drink :-)

Pros, I did say there was $1,000 added cash right? If we have at least 20 Open Men, I can guarentee a $750 first place prize. Regardless, the Pros that cash will not walk away complaining about the payout :-)

Online signups will end Thrusday night...as long the page is up, you can sign up online. After that, come to ACU anytime from 3p till dark.

Any questions, [email protected]

warlocks00
Jun 20 2012, 09:45 AM
Good luck to all the CVDGAer's heading up to Abilene this weekend!

Jroc
Jun 25 2012, 06:33 PM
Another one in the books!

Thanks to all the 120 players that came out and braved the hot weather to make the 9th annual Wild Hair a success! I want to thank all the sponsors and helpers very very much. Without their help, NONE of that would have been possible. And my wife Misti for being the best Asst. TD anyone could ask for!! Mark your calenders for the weekend after Fathers Day in 2013 for the 10th annual Wild Hair!