Eric Vandenberg
May 01 2012, 08:56 PM
As posted on the home page a number of weeks ago, I have started a project to identify and/or confirm course installation dates wherever possible. To do so I would like to have copies of all course directories so that I can track when courses came in, and when they were removed. If you have one or more old directories that you no longer have use for, and would like to donate it to the project, then I would like to have it. Ideally you could bring it/them to a North Carolina tournament if you are in the area, or at the Charlotte Worlds if you plan to attend.

The directories that I currently have are:
early 1986 photocopy of a dot matrix printed list
October 1986 photocopy
September 1990 - dark green cover - 1990 edition
September 1992 - beige cover - 1993 Edition
July 1994 - light green cover - 1994 Edition
November 1996 - yellow cover - 1997 Edition
? 2005 - brown + photo cover - 2005 EDITION
November 2008 - green cover - 21ST EDITION

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
Eric Vandenberg #3089

cgkdisc
May 01 2012, 09:09 PM
I take it you've already contacted Steve Hartwell?

Eric Vandenberg
May 02 2012, 12:19 AM
I have talked to Steve Hartwell, Cliff Towne, Allen Risley and the PDGA office. There does not seem to be anyone who has a complete library of the stuff, and generally they only have one copy, which I would not like to trust to USPS.
Ideally I would like to number the entries and possibly make other notations, and would not be able to do so on someone's prize copy, so I only want copies that were not prized by an individual. Generally, people would probably throw out the old copy when they buy a new one, but I am hoping some may have been left around somewhere that could be easily parted with.

rizbee
May 02 2012, 03:37 PM
Eric - I may have one or two more early directories that I can let you borrow for your research, as long as I get them back someday.

Allen

cgkdisc
May 02 2012, 03:46 PM
I can bring several to Worlds you don't have. I can loan them and you can mark them up as much as you need to but I'd like them back. The oldest I have is the thin 1991 supplement to the 1990 edition. I've got 1995 and 1998 plus a few in the 2000s you haven't listed.

Stoney Hill DGC
May 02 2012, 03:55 PM
Eric,

I have the 1995 version that you could use but would like it back when your finished. I'll be at the worlds.

Chris Sauls
Stoney Hill DGC

rizbee
May 02 2012, 05:22 PM
Eric,

Another person you should get in touch with is Gregg Hosfeld. Gregg was my "corrspondent in the field" back in the 80's when I was working on the directory. He was travelling back and forth across the country in his car doing the comedy club circuit, and would regularly mail me updates on new courses or ones that had disappeared. gregg has played over 1,000 courses, starting in the late 70's and has a list of all of them, with dates of when he played them.

His e-mail: [email protected]

Eric Vandenberg
May 14 2012, 02:07 PM
Chris,
sounds like Chuck Kennedy has the 1995 version covered. Thanks for the loan offer, but it will be easier for me if I can limit the number of people I need to get stuff back to.
Eric

Eric Vandenberg
May 14 2012, 02:09 PM
Chuck,
a generous offer, I will take you up on it. I don't intend to mark them up much, mostly just numbering in pencil.
Thanks
Eric

cgkdisc
May 14 2012, 03:44 PM
Just send me a reminder around July 4th so I get them in the car before heading out towards Charlotte.