Fossil
Apr 17 2012, 11:47 AM
Hello all

The combined World Championships at Charlotte will be the biggest photography project in PDGA history. There are 24 different divisions and we need on course action pictures of all the champions plus other activities.

We need a few experienced photographers to be on staff and able to go cover specific division lead groups on specific courses. They would need independent transportation so they could be assigned something like Thursday be at Reedy Creek at 9 AM for the Junior Boys < 19 and the Junior Girls < 13 and the Men Pro Legends. Then at 2 PM be at Kilbourne and cover the Advanced women and the Pro Women Grandmasters.

There is a small budget for this and payment will be determined by quality/quantity of published photographs. We could provide gas money for the daily travels and maybe lunch. I'll even make the peanut butter & jelly sandwiches myself!! (Probably not).

Each photographer would need to label their pictures since no one can possibly know all the faces then upload them to me every night so we could plan on filling in gaps and make plans for the next day.

This is still very much in the early planning stages but we do have compensation available and will find an equatable way of using it for quality work.

If you are interested please contact me at [email protected]

Sincerely
John Whinery
DiscGolfer Photo Editor

Fossil
Jul 14 2012, 09:32 AM
If you are going to be in Charlotte with a good camera and want to send your favorite 2 - 3 high resolution photos from your trip let me know.
Thanks
DiscGolfer Photo Editor ([email protected])

Fossil
Aug 04 2012, 03:16 PM
About 650 pictures from the 2012 Charlotte Worlds (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pdga/collections/72157630837931662/) are now at the Flickr site.

The Tuesday pictures are lower resolution than the rest which are full size originals that you can download directly for your own private use. If you want the original full resolution version of any Tuesday picture then let me know.

Any commercial use of those photos has to be approved by the PDGA and the photographer. We hope to get approval from other photographers and upload their photos as well.

Sorry for the tardy uploads.

Photo Editor - DiscGolfer magazine ([email protected])