davidsauls
Feb 29 2012, 05:59 PM
The Stoney Hill Challenge flyer has been posted at

http://www.saulsinsurance.com/stoneyhill/challenge.htm

We're honored that this year's Stoney Hill Challenge is a Vibram Open qualifier. Don't miss your chance at one of disc golf's most prestigious events!

davidsauls
Mar 09 2012, 02:54 PM
For our non-camping out-of-town guests, we've arranged a discounted rate of $89.99 at the Hampton Inn in downtown Newberry.

There are cheaper options for the budget conscious, of course, but if it's in your price range this is the ideal place to stay. It's far-and-away the closest hotel to the course, a straight shot down a rural highway. It's in the historic district, in walking distance of unique restaurants and bars (and thus, in staggering-back distance of the bars).

Check with us for details.

davidsauls
Mar 20 2012, 10:18 PM
For anyone whom I may have told that we'll be playing the same layouts as the past two years.....

The design tinkerers are at it again. We have a rough plan, for after the Challenge, to re-design the Quartz layout one totally different than the Diamond layout, instead of just diverging on 3 holes. It looks to be a "kinder and gentler" Stoney Hill layout. But that's after the Challenge. Right?

It appears a little bit of it will debut for this year's tournament. The Diamond will have a new, longer tee on Hole 18. The Quartz will be whittled down to a less-grueling 18 holes, with the coming out party for at least one of the new ones.

You'll still play all your favorites---just perhaps some only 2 rounds. Stay tuned.

davidsauls
Apr 08 2012, 01:56 PM
NWS forecast for Saturday---sunny, 75 degrees.
Weather Channel says sunny, low 80s, chance of isolated storms.

Still early, but it looks like a great weekend coming.

davidsauls
Apr 12 2012, 08:43 AM
80 degrees, sunny, breezy, 0% chance of rain.

Looks like our record of never having rain at a Stoney Hill tournament will continue. A great weekend for disc golf, and for the campers.

Reminder that this is your chance to qualify for the Vibram Open.

MICHAELMART
Apr 16 2012, 10:41 AM
Great tournament and weather as always. A big special thanks goes to Stoney hill for being so kind to me and not so kind to my competitors! Nothing like disc golf, everyone is always to congratulate good shooting and I appreciate all the kind words from everyone out this weekend. This is usually the time I go back into hiding but I think it's time To start playing more again. Great job Chris and David on having the course in once again immaculate condition. We ALL appreciate it. Can't wait for The Battle!!