slim___15288
Feb 26 2012, 09:54 PM
TULSA DISC GOLFERS - I NEED YOUR HELP! This Saturday, March 3rd, We are planning to pour EIGHT NEW TEE PADS OUT AT HAIKEY CREEK PARK. I went out there tonight after the hawks to flag off where i am having them poured. Hole 2 is getting moved back. Holes 5-6-7-8 are having the rubber pads replaced. Hole 8 will have two pads poured, one at the 450' "pro" mark and the 250' "rec" mark. Hole 14's "rec" pad (the ~400' tee) will get a pad, and I am adding a pad on hole 17 (long hole, dinky pad). I have flagged off all of these areas with FOUR ORANGE UTILITY FLAGS. If you have a spare hour during the week, please take some time, and a shovel, and dig these pads out about 2-4" deep. We will also need pad sitters for Saturday to protect the wet concrete from vandals after we get the concrete poured, groomed, and finished. IF WE GET ENOUGH HELP THIS COURSE WILL BE IN IMMACULATE CONDITION FOR THE GREEN COUNTRY DOUBLES! Please contact me on this board or by cell at 918 852 6543 if you have any questions. Thanks for your help on this!

wforest
Mar 02 2012, 04:16 PM
... Slim : you and Jerry gonna be okay to pour tomorrow morning ? ... air-temps ok ? ...

slim___15288
Mar 02 2012, 04:38 PM
OK GUYS! I spoke to Daryl Maxville this morning. (he is the maintenance director at Haikey, aka the guy that ran the workers off on Monday) and we are a GO for concrete tomorrow! He is having his crew till the dirt at our 8 tee locations this afternoon in preparation for tomorrow's work day. WHAT I NEED FROM THE MASSES - Shovels, Wheelbarrows, Lawn Chairs, Volunteers. We will be meeting up to start building forms at 7AM tomorrow morning over by hole 2's pad. (enter the park, turn right, go to the north edge of the parking lot, look for the golfers) - Please try to refrain from playing on the loosened dirt tonight so we have an easier work day tomorrow. PS - the lawn chairs are for the folks who will need to chill out and keep the pads from getting vandalized as they set up.

wforest
Mar 05 2012, 07:11 PM
... Great buncha Tee-Pads out there now , Slim 'n' Jerry 'n' Gang ... and Just-In-TIme for the Big Green Country Doubles start-up this weekend ! ... do you know which Shelter they'll be in Saturday morning ? ...