timmyb
Feb 20 2012, 11:43 PM
Anyone else having a problem turning over these discs am I throwing them to hard or what? Anyone else having this problem? I having a problem with my Katana. Destroyer is doing what it is supposed to. RHBH throwing anhysers to rollers with Katana.:confused:

jbreeze
Feb 24 2012, 05:57 PM
I have the blizzard wraith and Katana (RHBH). Both seem more understable than the regular champion in heavier weights, which I expected. The blizzard is marketed as a "Less Effort" disc, so if you snap hard (i.e. do not apply "less effort"), it will likely fly more understable. Try taking a bit off your throw (60% max), you might find it goes farther and flies more true.

PaiNLeSS
Mar 09 2012, 01:15 PM
1st post here, btw...

My son and I have both experimented with the Blizzard Discs probably as much as anyone at this point in time. However, that's only with the Blizzard Wraith's and Blizzard Katana's in all their weight classes.

The OP didn't mention what weight Blizzard's was being thrown and subsequently " flipped over ". My son and I can easily flip over the Blizzards in the 130-140 class weights, we have thus far failed to unintentionally flip over any in the 150 class.

The Blizzards are a different animal for certain. When choosing a Blizzard Disc I would keep this in mind. The 150 class Blizzards are their Max Weight, and they are very stable to over stable. Scale the weight class down while choosing a Blizzard as you would normally with other discs remembering their max weight is 150, which is stable to over stable. Naturally, the 130's will be under stable to very under stable

On another note...

It takes some practice to get a handle on the Blizzard's. The biggest obstacle to overcome is that because they feel so light in your hand, you'll have a natural tendency to throw them as you would a normal 150 weight ( I use 150 as an example ) disc. That won't work, trust me...

Remind yourself on the pad, or simply before you throw, to use the same technique you would with the Blizzard's equivalent. Example: Try throwing the 150 Blizzard Wraith as you would a 175 Champion or DX Wraith. It will still take some slight tweaking, but you'll be nearly in the pocket.

We love the Blizzard's and are a permanent fixture in our bag's.

warwickdan
Mar 09 2012, 01:57 PM
i am a "noodle-armed" old timer who generally throws his farthest drives approx 350 feet. as a long-time ultimate player used to throwing understable ultimate lids, when i got more heavily into throwing disc golf discs i got better results with more understable fairway drivers like sidewinders, valkyries, and roadrunners. i never quite figured out how to throw anything even slightly overstable.

so i love the blizzard katana. i'm still getting used to how hard to throw it and what angle of release i need to etch into my muscle memory. but i dont seem to have a problem with it being understable. it seems to be very subtle in terms of how much different a flite path i get with really minor adjustments. i LOVE how effortless it feels to get decent distance.

i think the biggest variable in terms of individual results is based on what discs you currently use for best distance. i'm thinking that noodle arms that dont throw with the same power as the studs in the crowd wont have turnover issues to the same degree.

dandoyle
warwick,ny

drdisc
Mar 14 2012, 12:37 AM
99% of the players that have them around here are enjoying greater distance.
You still have to put a good snap on them.