surrealm
Feb 05 2012, 12:12 PM
all 3 players from group A, once having pointed out to them that they misplayed hole XX, (while being several holes ahead) then decided to replay hole XX to make amends (at some point during the game, before handing in the scorecard).

would that need to be sanctioned with the following:
+2 points penalty each for "out of sequence play", and rendering all the throws made during the previously 'wrongly' played hole XX "practise throws"?

example:
hole XX 'wrong' (played believed to be the correct hole)
player 1: 4
player 2: 5
player 3: 3

hole XX 'correct' (played at a later non-sequential point to make amneds for the incorrectly played hole)
player 1: 4
player 2: 4
player 3: 3

>>> does that result in?
player 1 gets: 4 strokes + 2 + 4 = 10
player 2 gets: 4 strokes + 2 + 5 = 11
player 3 gets: 3 strokes + 2 + 3 = 8

cgkdisc
Feb 05 2012, 12:53 PM
You cannot replay a hole once completed even if it was the wrong hole. So each player in the group gets a 2-throw penalty added to their initial score on the misplayed hole and all throws made by each player later in the round on the correct hole count as practice throws. The 2-throw penalty was for misplaying the hole and not an "out of sequence" penalty although their scores with penalty end up the same.

JoakimBL
Feb 05 2012, 05:58 PM
I'm not disputing your call Chuck, but that opens up for some problems in case of accidentally playing an easy hole for maybe a 2 plus 2 penalty instead of a hard par 5, with posible OB penalties. Now obviously, doing this on purpose gets you DQ'ed, but by mistake, you could get an unfair advantage over players playing the correct holes.

I think you should not be allowed to hand in your scorecard if you haven't finished all the actual holes. Anything else just doesn't make any sense to me

cgkdisc
Feb 05 2012, 06:28 PM
Send your concern to the tour manager at: [email protected] Maybe the penalty should be "par-1" for misplays? That way the penalty would be 2 on par 3s and 4 on par 5s. The rule was originally established when holes were mostly par 3 and maybe this rule should be revisited.