Yeti
Jan 20 2012, 03:22 PM
10th Annual Live Oak Ice Bowl :D

Saturday, February 11th
Live Oak Park Pool House (7901 Shin Oak Drive 78233)
Sign-Up until 9:00

All Divisions $20 (Pro, Adv, Int, Rec, Ladies)

Players Package for first 100 to include a super cool 10th Anniversary Custom Commemorative Yeti Pro Aviar

$10 of each entry, raffle, lunch and dry food will go to support: EDGE (http://www.edgediscgolf.org/) and GRASP (http://www.grasp211.org/)

Please bring non-perishable food (Raffle ticket for every pound of food brought for a SkillShot Portable Basket)

(1) Tournament Round of 20 holes for disc golf portion of event
Lunch and then afternoon of reindeer games
-- (9) hole mini golf--FREE
-- Kan Jam Tournament--$10 per team for GRASP and EDGE
-- Des's Famous Egg Hunt
-- Super HUGE Raffle extraordinaire

More details to come, we look forward to seeing everyone !!

Yeti
Jan 20 2012, 03:52 PM
Wow! It's hard to believe it has been 10 Years. Thanks for the support. We hope to see all of our old friends, but also wish to invite folks that have never experienced on of our disc golf events to travel in and help us celebrate. Sure, we all have played in tons of tournaments, but until you have run one do you realize what it takes and that is part of the reason we have run an event every year since we started playing tournaments in 1999. Come and let us put the work in for your enjoyment.
Disc Golf, Mini Golf, Kan Jam, I mean, come on!

Once again we will be trying to raise funds and food for the Greater Randolph Area Services Program that helps families of veterans, active duty and those in need. We also will be dedicating funds to EDGE and specifically targeting Boerne ISD whose district desires to get their students involved with disc golf, but need assistance to get the proper equipment.

Thanks,

Jay, Des, Steph, Baby, JimBob, Oaks and many others
Ice Bowl Staff

RiX Perez
Jan 23 2012, 08:48 AM
Looks great Jay! If you can get a flyer together... I can print some out and start handing them out at Nani DGC. We got a bunch of newbies out there that I might be able to talk into playing.

Thanks.

RiX

ATXAcerun
Feb 01 2012, 06:36 PM
I'll definitely be there! I saw the flyer out at Mary Moore in Austin, Tx. I already ran it across a group of guys that I normally play with. The word is out! What time does the sign-up start?

Yeti
Feb 07 2012, 11:17 AM
Things have really come together to celebrate Year 10!

We will have sign-ups the day of starting by 8:00 am

We should be able to handle everyone and have 100 Custom Yetis Stamped Live Oak Discs by local Austin artist, Thomas Witte for your players package.

Please bring dry food for the Greater Randolph Area Services Program. Free ticket for every pound of food you bring for a portable basket.:D

No worries for lunch, Texas Roadhouse of Live Oak and Sweet Leaf Tea of Austin are once again joining forces and donating lunch for us. A charitable donation gets you all you can appropriately handle.:eek:

Yeti
Feb 07 2012, 04:39 PM
We are in need of a few more (3) metal mini baskets:

(4) Team Reading
(1) Team Justice
(1) Team Karshis

Yeti
Feb 09 2012, 10:32 AM
We are in need of one more (1) metal mini baskets:

(4) Team Reading
(1) Team Justice
(1) Team Karshis
(1) John Ledesma
(1) Laura Detter

A back-up wouldn't hurt either. Holla!

RiX Perez
Feb 13 2012, 11:09 AM
Thanks Jay and Des for a great event!!

Yeti
Feb 14 2012, 04:20 PM
Thanks for coming out and making our TENTH Live Oak Ice Bowl the biggest to date! 102 players came out to support the event on a chilly, but beautiful day. :D

We had an incredible Beginners field of 29 players with about fifteen of those playing in their first organized event ever!

We did well for our charities:
$600 and 250 lbs of food for the GRASP Food Pantry
$1,500 for an EDGE Intermediate Package for Boerne, TX school district

Our sponsors and supporters are the key to the success of this event and we thank you for everything.

The morning consisted of a 24 hole disc golf tournament followed by lunch and an afternoon of games and fun. Here are the results:

Open
1 Round Rock JD
2 Nick Osborne
3 James Tenity

Advanced
1 Rix Perez
2 Henry Mendoza
3 Gus Calvo III

Ladies
1 Tara DeLeon
2 Joni Smith
3 Candy Pauly