nez
Jan 16 2012, 06:30 PM
Texas States registration via snail mail is now open! Entry form can be found at http://www.texasstates.org/2012 TX States DG Registration.pdf

Online registration is also now open! http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1326778759

=====

The 17th edition of the Texas State Disc Championships will be held March 17-18, 2012, back to Tom Bass Park in Houston Texas.

This year's event will be a multi-disc celebration and competition of all disc sports, including Disc Golf, Ultimate and (hopefully) Disc Dog competitions. The 17th States will hopefully be an Ashley Whippet Invitational qualifier, and the Texas State Disc Dog championships! The Texas State Disc Golf Championships will be a SuperTour Pro & Am A-tier. No Recreational or Junior divisions will be offered at the 2012 Texas States.

We are looking for a Houston Freestyle contact to discuss a possible jam and/or competition, as well as a local Hackysack contact. DDC and Guts events being discussed with local contacts as we speak.

More details to follow. Follow us on Facebook, and at www.texasstates.org

Dave "Nez" Nesbitt
2012 Event Director

Big E
Jan 17 2012, 02:26 PM
Why did they move it back to Bass missed out last year just woundering? I loved playing at Bass when I played in 2009

nez
Feb 13 2012, 11:18 AM
Registrations are starting to flow in - if you're planning to play and haven't registered, now's the time. This event has filled every year since moving to the Spring.

We are playing 3 rounds - 2 rounds of 18 shotgun on Sat and 1 round of 24 tee time on Sunday. I'd considering random shuffling the first round within the pool.

Pool A - MPO, WPO, MPM
Pool B - WPM, MPG, MPS, MA1, WA1
Pool C - WPG, WPS, MM1, WM1, MG1, MS1, MA2, WA2
(subject to change)

In the first versions of Texas States, we used to run a mixed pool for the first round, ie people were randomly shuffled within their pool for the first round. I personally think it made for a great interaction for the event, and I would like to consider doing it again for the 17th States (it would require PDGA Tour Mgr approval).

Thoughts?

Peach
Feb 23 2012, 07:44 PM
Does anyone have any nearby camping recommendations? Facilities on site (i.e. showers) would be preferred.

Thanks for any help.

bigbadude
Mar 04 2012, 07:42 PM
Nez, I mailed in my entry $$$ it was sent Friday, Thank You Sir.

nez
Mar 05 2012, 11:01 AM
There is a trailer park right next to the park, but I do not believe it has tent camping, and it looks full every time I drive by it.

1. We will move 5 people off waitlist and into tournament today.
2. Total 136 registered as of this morning. This event has filled for the past many years, and will be likely be full by the end of this weekend, so don't delay. $10 late fee now applies.
3. MG1 and MM1 divisions are to be opened back up today.
4. MS1, FPM, FPG, FM1, FG1, MPS divisions are to be closed today due to lack of 4 competitors.
5. Only Pro divisions to remain open are MPO, FPO, MPM, MPG
6. Only Am divisions to remain open are MA1, FW1, MM1, MG1, MA2, FW2
7. Pool C [MA2, MM1, MG1 & FW2] has 63 players (including 5 off waitlist). MM1 is most likely candidate for moving to B pool, but we will watch registration this week to see if we make this move or not.

25 MPO A
5 FPO
6 MPM

26 MA1 B
10 MPG
1 FW1

34 MA2 C
11 MM1
15 MG1
3 FW2

manderson
Mar 08 2012, 05:49 PM
Is there any information available regarding the Ball Golf-Disc Golf Charity Challenge?

seeker
Mar 11 2012, 11:55 AM
This tourney will fill! Get your entries in asap.

Weatherman says clear all week and a beautiful tournament weekend!

nez
Mar 13 2012, 12:58 AM
A Texas States Update:

- to answer above question - no ball golf - disc golf challenge this year.

OK, we've had a few 'upsets' in our registrations with Tom Bass park, so we've had to change a few things.

Tournament and Disc Golf Headquarters will now be based around the Tennis Court area, near Hole 1 of Powell on the east side of the park. Parking in Pavilion #1 and Pavilion #3 areas (traditional parking lots of year's past) will not be allowed on Saturday (Pavilion #1 will be open on Sunday. There are plenty of other parking areas, but it might require a little extra walk.

Here's the last and final pool assignments. 27 spots still remain in the event, so there's still time!

Pool A: MPO, FPO, MPM, MPG. 9 spots remain. Wilmont/Tourney/East
Pool B: MA1, MM1, MG1. 7 spots remain. Powell/Wilmont/[MA1-East, MM1 & MG1-West]
Pool C: MA2, FW1, FW2, 11 spots remain. Tourney/Powell/West

nez
Mar 13 2012, 09:07 AM
course map up at www.texasstates.org/Tom_Bass_Complex_Sat_3-13-2012.pdf

Big E
Mar 14 2012, 10:40 AM
On the map provided what holes are the East and West Courses?

ERicJ
Mar 14 2012, 10:45 AM
On the map provided what holes are the East and West Courses?
Dave just posted this on the Texas State Disc Championships Facebook page:

Sunday's map is in process. West will play Wilmont 1-18, and Tourney 1-6. East will play Powell 1-14, Tourney 13-16, Tourney 12, and then Powell 16-18 to finish. Saturday map is up at texasstates.orgAnd then Paul followed up with:

Correction: East will play Powell 1-14, Tourney 13-17, Tourney 12, and then Powell 15-18 to finish.

That makes 24 holes. http://hfds.org/vbull/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Big E
Mar 14 2012, 01:11 PM
Dave just posted this on the Texas State Disc Championships Facebook page:

And then Paul followed up with:
I caught that and asked about that on Facebook:)

Also the "Official Thread" States that Pool A will play West. Is this changed because of the tourney headquarters location?

ERicJ
Mar 14 2012, 02:36 PM
Also the "Official Thread" States that Pool A will play West. Is this changed because of the tourney headquarters location?
See Dave's post #9 in this thread:

Here's the last and final pool assignments. 27 spots still remain in the event, so there's still time!

Pool A: MPO, FPO, MPM, MPG. 9 spots remain. Wilmont/Tourney/East
Pool B: MA1, MM1, MG1. 7 spots remain. Powell/Wilmont/[MA1-East, MM1 & MG1-West]
Pool C: MA2, FW1, FW2, 11 spots remain. Tourney/Powell/West

Big E
Mar 14 2012, 03:55 PM
I saw that But just wondering if they flipped the final round so the headquarters would be closer to the A Pool. The original schedule had A Pool Playing West Not East. Being that everyone likes the Wilmont better:)

ERicJ
Mar 14 2012, 04:03 PM
I saw that But just wondering if they flipped the final round so the headquarters would be closer to the A Pool. The original schedule had A Pool Playing West Not East. Being that everyone likes the Wilmont better:)
Essentially, yes.
The East Course should be a good challenge with the new holes as well as lots of room for spectating.

gcollier
Mar 18 2012, 12:02 AM
Windy today.

JenniferB
Mar 18 2012, 10:54 PM
Scores?

nez
Mar 19 2012, 10:53 AM
Scores are up - course configurations are corrected, so ratings should be relatively accurate.

Thanks everyone who came in to go head-to-head with the wind, and thanks to all the staff who took time out of their busy lives to help out with the event!

james_mccaine
Mar 19 2012, 05:42 PM
Thank you Dave and staff for a well-run show.

araydallas
Mar 19 2012, 06:34 PM
Thank you Nez for a great event. A special shout-out to the crew at Non-Stop Disc Golf. The "flight school" clinic was soooo beneficial. Once I get out in the field and practice what I learned I know my scores will improve.

Overall, it was one well-run show. An outstanding job by Dave and his team.

ishkatbible
Mar 20 2012, 10:24 AM
heads up, ulibarri's pdga number is wrong. saw his player rating and had to check