Basket Bandito
Dec 17 2011, 08:10 PM
So as we were casually playing a round we had a buddy putt and made it. The putter was caught up in the chains where it had not dropped in but had come to rest, as another buddy putted out as well it occurred to me...what happens since buddy 1 had not cleared his putter from the chains and if buddy 2 had putted and knocked his putt out...what's the ruling? The disc had come to rest in the chains for some time, maybe 45 sec before the next putt, idk and the disc in the case had not been pushed out but if it had would the putt count that had been knocked out of the basket?? Or is it counted since it had come to rest? I have heard different options and and someone had searched the rule book and could not find out the ruling. Can anyone help clarify this rule? Not that I would not clear the basket after every hole out in a tourney but just curious about that.

cgkdisc
Dec 17 2011, 10:55 PM
Read the first line of 803.07B on Interference.

Dec 21 2011, 09:33 PM
So the disc that was at rest should be replaced and considered to be holed out? Am I understanding this right? And what if the disc from player 2 hit the disc at rest and feel out? Is he considered holed out or not since he did not ask for the basket to be cleared?

cgkdisc
Dec 21 2011, 10:34 PM
Yes, the disc at rest is holed out. Player 2 is not holed out. It's the thrower's responsibility to ask that the basket be cleared before putting.

stevenpwest
Dec 23 2011, 02:24 PM
It would seem the interference rule should not need to come into play. The player whose disc is in the chains is holed-out. Done. That disc is no longer in play, it's now just equipment.

Changing "disc" to "disc in play" in the interference rule should take care of it. Perhaps there would then be no need to list places where the disc is resting.