rocknhardstx
Oct 18 2011, 11:24 PM
You may now register for the 2011 Bud Select Corpus Christi Open, just go to www.titledisc.com

More information to come....

rocknhardstx
Oct 18 2011, 11:43 PM
10th Anniversary of Biggest event in South Texas!!!

PDGA A tier, so all golfers must be current PDGA members.

$1500 added cash to pro divisions, three golfers required to make a division.

Format: Pool A* (pro divisions) will be playing Ingleside Gold course twice on Saturday.
Pool B (amateur divisions) will be playing Ingleside Red course twice on Saturday.

Some Advanced divisions may be moved to the A pool, but as of now, it is the pro pool.

Sunday all golfers will play 24 holes at West Guth Park, regular 20 holes with 4 alternates. Staggered tee times for Sunday only.

For those of you who have never experienced the Gold course, it is one of the toughest courses in Texas. Par 65, 9 par 4's and a par 5.

Awesome players pack for amateurs!!!

Budweiser event, so LOTS of BEER!!!

Big Raffle, proceeds go to EDGE and our Raising Abel fund!!!

Schedule
Saturday 11/12 7-8 Register and check-in Gold course
845 Players meeting Gold course
915 (or so) Round 1 begins Pool a- Gold Pool b- Red
200(approximately) Round 2 begins Pool a-Gold Pool b- Red
6pm Players party (TBA)
Sunday 11/13 Tee times will begin at 830 am (ams then pros) more details to come, based on # of registrations
200 pm (approximately) Closing ceremonies/Award presentations

rocknhardstx
Oct 18 2011, 11:46 PM
Hotel/motel information coming soon. For those that prefer camping, you may camp at the Ingleside course, Live Oak Park. We just need to know before hand for permit purposes. Electricity, bathrooms and running water are all available near hole 1 of the Red course.

james_mccaine
Oct 19 2011, 09:50 AM
Gold course twice. Y'all are awesome.

the_kid
Oct 20 2011, 01:23 PM
Gold course twice. Y'all are awesome.

I agree but what is even better is no Final 9 on the red course!

Going to try to make this one.

armando
Oct 24 2011, 04:10 PM
love the two gold rounds and the staggared tee times for sunday!

whats up with them dubs?!?!?!

armando
Oct 31 2011, 07:23 PM
Players list?

vinnie
Nov 01 2011, 09:29 AM
I am forsure there......looking forward to the trip.
What will the player get to experience at this 3rd coast event?

Tobster
Nov 01 2011, 12:37 PM
Gold course is looking the best it ever has - I hope MA1 gets to join the pro players out there. By the way, Amanda wants to play Juniors(she's 10), any other Juniors?

rocknhardstx
Nov 01 2011, 04:07 PM
Okay- So advanced will be in Pool A with the pro divisions. Adv Master will be playing in pool B.

Players list on event page will be up in next day or two, but this is what I have...

Open
David Tomlinson
Ben Farris
Daniel Sweet
Armando Marroquin
Chris Vandagriff
Jim Kelly
Travis Guillen

Pro Master
Brett Barker
Trey Clarkson
Rudy Martinez
Smokin Joe Torres
Chris Cortez
Vinnie Miller
Mike Smith

Pro master women
Sue Macaluso
Teri ordner

Pro Grandmaster
Rob Hand

Adv
Joel Santrock
Jon "lefty" Cummins
Joe Herndon
Chris Craig
Toby Clarkson
Mitchell Horton
Kit Kayson
Kevin Eldredge
David Chapa
Wallace Hall
Ryan Despain
Fabian Esquival

Adv Master
John Cloutier
Leroy McNamer

Adv Women
Jax Ketchum
Lesli Trahan (if no other adv master women)

Int
George Rivera
Chris Flores
Josh Barker
Guy Mckenzie
Mike Burgess

Int women
Kinsey Lemke
Tami Clarkson

Rec
Joe Diaz
Richard Molis

Rec Women
Erika Burrier

Junior Girl
Amanda Clarkson

rocknhardstx
Nov 01 2011, 04:24 PM
Hotel/motel information I promised:

We have most hotels in corpus, PDGA members get a discount at the following:

Red Roof Inn- discount code vp545283 361 888-7663
Days Inn, Super 8, Microtel and Hawthorne- disc id #1000005546 877-670-7088

Motel 6- disc code #cp545756 800-466-8356

Americas Best Value Inn is like exactly between the two courses. The have good weekly rates for those staying longer than a couple of days. 361 749-5450

We have a caterer for all day Sunday at West Guth Park. They will be offering authentic breakfast tacos from 830 until 1030. Lunch will be served from 11 am until 130 pm, looking at brisket and all the fixins. All proceeds will benefit our buddy, Abel Castaneda, who is battling cancer.

Working on an awesome players pack for the first 70 Amateur players to sign up. Budweiser is giving us mega amounts of beer, even working on getting the bud girls to come out on Sunday to help sell raffle tickets and carry leader board.

Please go to www.titledisc.com to register!!! Dont miss this one...

billcart
Nov 02 2011, 02:26 PM
Looking good everyone. Like Tobster said, the gold course will be almost unrecognizable. The work that has been done out there is incredible! Can't wait for this one.

rocknhardstx
Nov 02 2011, 03:35 PM
INDIGO- Ingleside Disc Golf has done an awesome job working on the course. Great Job Toby, Mitchell and Mando especially....

rocknhardstx
Nov 02 2011, 06:01 PM
Kenny- will you add the following:

Ben Avalos- adv master
Guillermo Avalos- Advanced
Cory Cardenas- Adv master

move Lesli T. from adv to pro master women, way to step up!!!

rocknhardstx
Nov 03 2011, 08:51 AM
Kenny- just got a call from Jay, him and des cant make it, they have an opportunity to go to Australia, for EDGE stuff and big tournament

Please add Jason Putz-adv and Johnathon Hughes- Int

rocknhardstx
Nov 03 2011, 09:08 AM
Doubles information:

Friday- 11/11 from 1130 until 230, bring your partner dubz at gold course.
$20 per team- amateur division- pay out in plastic and merchandise
$30 per team- pro division- CASH Baby!!!

fyi- out of the four alternate holes at guth on sunday, none of them are over 320 feet, but there is lots of ob to deal with

billcart
Nov 03 2011, 03:23 PM
INDIGO- Ingleside Disc Golf has done an awesome job working on the course. Great Job Toby, Mitchell and Mando especially....

Don't forget about Amanda, Billy, Tammy and Kim!

rocknhardstx
Nov 04 2011, 10:51 AM
Don't forget about Amanda, Billy, Tammy and Kim!

Thanks Bill! Didnt mean to leave anyone out...

7 new players to add to official players list, Kenny R. will have an update coming this weekend.

Registration on www.titledisc.com will be closed Thursday late evening.

the_kid
Nov 04 2011, 11:48 AM
Going to see if I can ride with someone from Houston so I don't have to drive all the way from Nac but the plan is to be in Corpus next weekend.

rocknhardstx
Nov 05 2011, 11:46 PM
Matt- bring it on, you are always welcome in Corpus. There are a few coming from H town.

Guth on Sunday will be a combination of reds and blues, the four alternate holes are not long but they all have ob present.

rocknhardstx
Nov 07 2011, 09:09 PM
Paul Ulibarri and Catrina Allen are in...

rocknhardstx
Nov 09 2011, 08:55 PM
For those of you looking forward to getting back to West Guth on Sunday, you may be surprised...lots of ob paint. Since the city still hasnt weedeated in the "creek" we have marked both sides ob, on holes 8, 11, 15 and 16.
The discs came in, the players pack discs are very rad!!!

rocknhardstx
Nov 09 2011, 10:34 PM
Titledisc registration will be closed tomorrow nite, like 10pm.

james_mccaine
Nov 10 2011, 11:16 AM
Mike,

Can we pay friday at the course?

billcart
Nov 10 2011, 01:47 PM
Courses are looking great! There has been so much work done. Thanks to everyone!

We have a great weather forecast for this weekend.

Friday:
Sunny
High
73�F
Low
62�F

Saturday:
Partly Cloudy
High
79�F
Low
69�F

Sunday:
Sunny
High
82�F
Low
70�F

Safe travels to everyone attending this event.

For anyone that is here we will have a round on the Gold Course today (Thursday) starting @ 2:30 - Singles event $7 per player. This is a betting course so there are always side bets and the Classic Tobster CTPS on all the par 3's, have to make the birdie putt! Like Smitty always says "Make putts not excuses!"

rocknhardstx
Nov 10 2011, 11:56 PM
Mike,

Can we pay friday at the course?
hell yes, course has never looked this good, you may have some dubz guys in your way, but shouldnt be an issue...
dubs is from 11 til like 230 for those interested. Look for Shannon the canon to sign up somewhere near hole 1 of the gold course.
Picked up bookoo beer today. Bud also donated a very fine flat screen tv and a budweiser grill!!!
my pulse is starting to race...cant wait...

Oh, I just saw you said pay at course, i initially read play as course. Yes, you can pay shannon, but ams that pay friday will have to wait for saturday to get their players pack.

rocknhardstx
Nov 11 2011, 11:15 AM
You can no longer register on titledisc.
If you want in at this point, give me a call. There is room, but I need to know.

whos down for some gold dubz?

rocknhardstx
Nov 11 2011, 11:19 AM
WE NEED AT LEAST ONE MORE PRO WOMAN! COME ON LADIES, ITS ABOUT QUALITY NOT QUANTITY!!!

Looks like 46 in pool a and 40 in pool b. Should go nice and smooth!!!

rocknhardstx
Nov 11 2011, 12:01 PM
my number is 361 947-2498

billcart
Nov 14 2011, 12:15 PM
Round ratings are fixed. You can check it out here: http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/62549

rocknhardstx
Nov 16 2011, 01:20 PM
what a great weekend!!! brad wins open, catrina open women, chris cortez takes master, Teri O wins pro master women. Kevin E. wins adv, smokey "oxy" valdez wins am master, Aaron freeman wins rec, Dave corder wins int. Amanda runs away with junior girls title. Melissa m. wins rec women.

Travis hits an ace for 355, mando wins chainstar basket in raffle. Great team effort third coast!!!