wforest
Oct 10 2011, 03:39 PM
… any current Member of Tulsa Disc Sports Association can run for office in Club Elections … this Fall , there are two incumbents up for re-election … also , there are presently 5 individuals who have submitted their names for the Ballot as well … from this group , 4 will be selected by the current-voting-membership of the Club on November 13 … the TDSA Club Picnic and gathering will be at Chandler Park on Sunday, Nov.13 … more info as it becomes available …
… the 2011 Ballot as of Mid-October :

Cris Hicks (incumbent)

Brad HOI (incumbent)

Bill “Slim” Moyers

Matt Shipley

Bryan Hinds

Logan Moody

Devan Owens

… those 2 Administrators running as incumbents and all other candidates should now form any “candidate-statement” they wish to have printed-on-the-Ballot next to their names … just a few lines introducing yourself and your goals , etc. …
… these Candidate Statements should be sketched-up as soon as possible … several out-of-town and out-of-state Members will be e-mailed the 2011 Ballot for their Vote … these ‘absentee’ Ballots will be accumulated and brought to the Sunday Election to help achieve a quorum from the active Membership … current roster would require 53 member-votes in order to be valid … hopefully , that Sunday will find more nice Oklahoma Fall Weather and good chow to lure all-possible-members out to the Park …
... another "reminder" was added later ... must be current Club Member ...

wforest
Oct 25 2011, 05:00 PM
... the e-mailed Ballots will soon go out to "out-of-town , out-of-state , etc." Club Membership in order for those who could not attend the Picnic to have their Votes heard ...
... the "printed-Ballot" (at this instant) shows:

Cris Hicks (incumbent)

Brad HOI (incumbent)

Bill �Slim� Moyers

Bryan Hinds

Devan Owens

... and several blank-lines for write-ins ... OTHER MEMBERS' NAMES who wish to offer their volunteer-duties as a Club Administrator would need to be "current Club Members" ... last-chance here , guys n gals ... this mailing cannot be delayed any longer ...

Hindsight
Nov 09 2011, 07:05 PM
Get out and Vote Golfers'.... It's your duty as an active TDSA member.

Just to let everyone know where I stand:

I am striving for more open communication between common golfer and TDSA admins. I also am for having better Am payouts and getting local sponsers more involved with tournaments. I myself am not a TD, so I am not here because I want to buy some discs at a low rate and sell them to make money. I am just here to be a voice of every disc golfer out there. I have attended a couple of meetings this year, and like what I see going on with the current admins. But I also know that a lot of you out there have questions, concerns or ideas that are never brought up at these meeting because you don't have someone to speak on your behalf. I will always be available if you would like to discuss something. Text, email, FB or Pdga mail. I am very easy to get ahold of.

Anyway this is just a brief synopsis of what I stand for. Like it or not go vote for these admin spots. They are a vital part of the TDSA.

wforest
Nov 09 2011, 08:14 PM
... well put ...

sschumacher
Nov 10 2011, 10:34 AM
I myself am not a TD, so I am not here because I want to buy some discs at a low rate and sell them to make money.

Man?... Why does that sound like you're making all TD's out to be greedy SOB's just out to make the mighty dollar???:(

Nobody throws TDSA TD's under the bus.

YOU'RE BANNED FROM CHANDERSTOCK!!!.....AGAIN!!!:mad:

Hindsight
Nov 10 2011, 01:08 PM
And i promise to muzzle this wild furry critter. No i am not against td's.

wforest
Nov 13 2011, 10:02 PM
... what PERFECT weather was that ? ... are you kidding me ? ... for NOVEMBER ? ... Chamber-Of-Commerce Weather , for sure ... a simply-gorgeous-Sunday was today ... I betcha if you weren't AT the Fall Picnic and stepped-outside today , , , You wished you were ! ...
... a wee bit windy at times ; but still TOO MUCH FUN for all at Chandler Park ... good gatherings , good disc-golf , good chow , smiles-all-around ...
... even after we discovered that we didn't have reservations at our regular shelter with the grilles ( a Church group had those) ; we were able to move everything over to the shelter used for chandlerstock ... then we called for "calvary" ... good ol Gumby and HOI brought out portable grilles for "Iron Chef" Leemhuis ... very tasty bunch of Chow for all ... good volunteering members-and-players set-it-up , ran-it , and it all worked out ... and an official quorum was acheived for the annual Fall Election process ... Kudos to all ... this Club rocks ...

wforest
Nov 13 2011, 11:20 PM
... and , the UNITED WAY 4-Man TEAM Event went very-well on the Saturday before the Picnic ... a skosh cooler on the Weather , and gustier on the breezes ... but still super-november-weather ... 18 Teams of Men-and-Women entered-in to Enjoy ... hosted-by Tulsa County Parks and with support-by TDSA ; things went very smoothly ... sandwiches, chips, and drinks were provided by Pat and her Staff from County ... the Charity got an early headstart with $127 from "Nite-Flights" mulligans the night before ...
... two Teams came in with -19 under ! ...
... the Team of "Smoky Mountain Men"
Leon Sanders
Luke Weaver
Dennis Minnick (ACE on hole 11)
Randy Wilson

... the Team of "Good To Go"
James Patton
Matt Razmus (ACE hole 16)
Sam Nielsen
Ken Ward

... onto the 4-hole-Playoff format they went , total-team-score ... after 3-Holes played , they were both still tied ... on the final hole , Team "Good To Go" won by two strokes ... your 2011 First-Place Champions will have trophies being made by Tulsa County Parks ...
... this one-day , one-round Blast raised a total of $929 for the Charity ... Kudos to all the players and participants ...

Chuckms
Nov 15 2011, 03:22 PM
Any news of the election results or am I missing them somewhere?

mtreat
Nov 15 2011, 06:41 PM
Election Results:

Cris Hicks � 54
Brad HOI � 48
Bill �Slim� Moyers - 32
Bryan Hinds - 30
Devan Owens - 40
Logan Moody - 12
Matt Shipley � 8
Tony Walker - 3