sandalbagger
Sep 19 2011, 05:41 PM
Details for this years Haunt on the Hill are being finalized. As of now we are trying to figure out what day to hold the event.

There will be only 2 divisions this year; Men and Women

There will also be 2 entry fees - $8 and $15

$8 of all entry fees will be going towards the Linbrook Disc Golf Course Basket Fund. Everyone who plays in this event will have their name as well as a photograph to be taken during the event to be placed on the tee sign at Linbrook. We are hoping to raise $500.

For the $8 fee you will get to play the event, and you will receive dinner, cake, and a chance to win some CTP's.

For the $15 fee you will be entered in the payout division as well. We are going to pay 100% of the field. This means that no one is going to make much money, but iut also means that everyone will get at least $1 back at the end of the round. We are going to try to raise a few bucks to be added into the purse.

We are going to make hot dogs and burgers and are asking others to bring some side dishes. Lets all get together and eat dinner before the event up at the pavilion.

We will also be selling lights for your discs at the event for a small cost. everyone who brings a pumpkin will receive 1 free light for each pumpkin.

Lots more info to come. I hope that this sounds ok with everyone. We are trying to make this event attractive to everyone. We don't want it to be about winning and trying to get a bunch of money for winning. We want everyone to get paid, and to eat food, and have a great time, while supporting Pittsburgh's newest course. Everyone who plays will have their name on a tee sign at Linbrook for ETERNITY as well as your photo. THANKS FOR HELPING OUT.

Now for the question, what day should we run this?

SCOTT
Sep 19 2011, 07:09 PM
Keep an eye on the trick or treat times. From the best I could tell most look like 10/31 so it may be good to avoid that night.

sandalbagger
Sep 23 2011, 10:01 AM
Looks like Saturday it is.

sandalbagger
Sep 28 2011, 10:55 AM
I would like to thank Brad Schick, Ricky Wysocki, and Vibram Disc Golf for donating merchandise to be given away during this event!!!

I promise this to be a good time for all. We are going to have a cook-out before the round, and we are encouraging people to bring a side dish if possible. Lets make this a giant disc golf outing. Lets have some fun, and raise a money for a basket at Linbrook.

Everyone who shows up will be included in the group picture with our jack-o-lanterns and that photo will be placed on a tee sign at Linbrook as the official sponsor of that hole.

Also, we will be selling LED lights at the event. 2 for $5. And everyone who brings a jack-o-lantern will be given 1 free light.

Hope to see you all there. If you need to contact me about anything, email me at deitzel at hotmail.com THANKS

sandalbagger
Sep 29 2011, 11:08 AM
I would also like to thank Val Jenkins, Nate Doss and Avery for donating some prizes for this event also!!

It's shaping up to be a great event. And there should be more than enough prizes that people shouldn't be upset about donating a few bucks to help fund a new course.

I have decided to change the fee to $10. All of which will be donated to the Linbrook basket fund. We will also be doing a side pool for $5, for anyone who wants to play for some cash.

We are hoping to have prizes for everyone that comes out.

sandalbagger
Oct 05 2011, 05:28 PM
We have tons of PRIZES that have been donated. They keep rolling in every week.

Lights will be for sale for 2 for $5. Also, we will be giving away a free light to everyone who brings a pumpkin. I am working on a flier, but it is hard without having photoshop anymore. Will try to get one posted at Knob Hill by the end of the week. As well as on the PDGA webpage.

We have 200 lights for sale.

Lots of ctp's and other games as well as the round of golf.

SCOTT
Oct 05 2011, 06:07 PM
Can I register the day of the event?

sandalbagger
Oct 05 2011, 08:13 PM
YES PLEASE DO!!!!! No pre-registration for this event. Just show up to Knob Hill anytime on Saturday. We will be starting the festivities around 4:00. Maybe even earlier.

Rosier
Oct 06 2011, 10:50 AM
I am working on a flier, but it is hard without having photoshop anymore.

I suggest getting GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/). Just as good as photoshop and free to download.

sandalbagger
Oct 06 2011, 11:04 AM
WORD!!! Thanks for the tip. will have it done tonight.

sandalbagger
Oct 06 2011, 11:58 AM
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i337/deitzel77/haunt.jpg

Here is a flier.

$10 entry fee will be donated to the Linbrook Disc Golf Course Basket Fund. We are hoping to raise enough money to pay for 1 basket.

$5 side pool for those wanting to play for cash.

There will be about 30 CTP prizes. Putting Contest. Accuracy contest. Lots of games other than the round of golf.

Round will start at 7:30

Lights for sale 2 for $5.

We would like to have a cookout/pumpkin carving party before the round. Come out early and hang out.

Free light for your disc to anyone who brings a jack-o-lantern.

Right now Lori and I have a huge box of goods donated from people across the country. There will be prizes for EVERYONE.

I know it is hard to donate money for an event, but please come out and support this. Your support will get your photo on a tee sign at Linbrook Park. And for your $10, I assure you that everyone will walk away happy.

NO ONE WILL BE TURNED AWAY.

Pick your own group to play with.

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have a disc or something to donate, or would like to get involved with this event, get in touch with me at deitzel at hotmail.com

SCOTT
Oct 06 2011, 04:43 PM
Is it ok to donate more than $10?

sandalbagger
Oct 06 2011, 06:10 PM
Yes, you may even play more than 1 round if you would like also. If you donate more, you can tell everyone "I donated more than" all night long also. And I will say "thanks".

sandalbagger
Oct 06 2011, 06:11 PM
Also, anyone who wears a costume will be given a free light! And entered in a contest for prizes as well.

sandalbagger
Oct 11 2011, 10:58 AM
Just got an email from Innova and they are sending out some stuff for the event later today!!! More and more prizes keep rolling in. Do not miss out on this event.

Anyone interested in a Chili Cookoff???

mprestop
Oct 12 2011, 01:00 AM
can I donate extra ace race packs? hee hee hee

sandalbagger
Oct 12 2011, 10:49 AM
Why yes Mark. That sounds like a great idea.

sandalbagger
Oct 13 2011, 05:32 PM
Got to thank Innova for sending 6 Glow-in-the-dark discs for the event!!!! More and more prizes keep on rolling in. Should be a great time. Anyone else have a disc, or anything they want to donate?

sandalbagger
Oct 13 2011, 05:45 PM
Here is a photo of the prizes which have been donated so far. We are working on getting more stuff still. If anyone wants to chip in, donations are more than welcome. We will even give you a free light for your disc for a donation.

Here is the photos

tistoude
Oct 13 2011, 09:28 PM
I want one of those Ricky 1X discs. That kid is great, too bad he is no longer a local.

sandalbagger
Oct 14 2011, 02:45 PM
This is only box 1 of stuff. We have another box full of stuff too

mprestop
Oct 14 2011, 08:40 PM
I want one of those Ricky 1X discs. That kid is great, too bad he is no longer a local.

is that the one where he fights the russian?

gotcha
Oct 25 2011, 07:26 AM
Is it too late to reschedule the Haunt on the Hill? Sunday is forecasted to be a much nicer day....weatherwise.

gotcha
Oct 25 2011, 11:33 AM
Suggestion....

Next year, please consider adding Sunday as the rain date and include that info on the flier. Being that it's non-sanctioned, I think most locals would not have a problem shifting dates to avoid inclement weather.

....and hopefully the forecasters are wrong about this Saturday's weather! :D

SCOTT
Oct 25 2011, 11:42 AM
Some people work Monday am. :-)

sandalbagger
Oct 25 2011, 04:38 PM
Saturday is on.....if you want, we can do this Sunday night also. And Monday as well. I know I'll play each night. but officially, Saturday is still the night.

The glowsticks have been bought for the baskets. LED lights for the discs have arrived and it's just about time for the Haunt On The Hill at Knob Hill. The event will be held this Saturday at Knob Hill. We are having a chili cookoff (Make some if you can) and some hot dogs and hopefully some other food (please bring something if you can). We will be getting together at Knob Hill at 4:00 to hang out and have some fun with friends. The round of golf will start at 7:30 with registration at 7:00. We have lots of CTP prizes, putting contest prizes, and other games as well.

Please come and support the Linbrook Disc Golf Course Basket Fund.

Cost is $10 - all money will be donated to the Linbrook Basket Fund - but many prizes will be awarded. We hope to have a prize for everyone who shows up.

Optional $5 if you wish to play for some cash.

LED Lights for your discs will be for sale 2 for $5. I will have tape with me to affix to your disc.

The Steelers Tickets will also be raffled off during this event. If you have not purchased your tickets yet, please do so. They are 2 for $5 and 5 for $10. All money raised for this raffle will be donated to the Linbrook Basket Fund as well. The game is on December 24th and you can win a pair of tickets with a parking pass. Thanks to Scott McIntyre.

Please come out and play some glow golf. Gonna be a good time. Eat some food, play some golf, all for a good cause. And win some cool stuff that has been donated by Vibram Disc Golf, Innova, Ricky Wysocki, Brad Schick, Val Jenkins, Nate Doss, Scott Hartle, Lori Merriman and myself.

Thanks, and hope to see you Saturday.

Don't forget to bring a jack-o-lantern for the baskets. Anyone who brings a jack-o-lantern will be entered into a contest for the best pumpkin. There will be a few awards for this. We have candles that we will provide to anyone that brings a pumpkin. If you haven't carved it yet, then come out early and carve your pumpkin at Knob Hill.

We will be meeting at the upper-pavilion by Hole 17 tee.

SCOTT
Oct 25 2011, 08:57 PM
Saturday is on.....if you want, we can do this Sunday night also. And Monday as well. I know I'll play each night. but officially, Saturday is still the night.

I'm down. Love me some glow golf. We should do a glow golf series. 1 round every weekend in November at a different course. Though you won't catch me at Philips after dark....lol

gotcha
Oct 27 2011, 09:21 AM
The weather forecast is definitely looking better for Saturday night.

I like the idea of a glow series, but I would prefer to hold it exclusively at Knob Hill simply due to the fact the park is officially open until 10:00 pm. We would need a permit for MSP and I could see issues with Allegheny County police in using DLP.