laph02
Sep 19 2011, 05:14 PM
Hello,
I had a situation occur this past weekend in a C class tourney that I was hoping someone could address. I threw a drive into heavy trees, on the right side of the fairway, and we never saw it come out. As I went searching I found "my" orange disc sitting in the top of a palm tree. I told my group members that I thought that was my disc. It was about 20-25 feet up, and partially covered by palm fronds. We were not playing the 2 meter rule, so I marked below the tree, and proceeded on. After the round I asked a friend to retrieve the disc. When he did, it was not my disc. I informed the TD and he used the rule on playing an incorrect lie and gave me a 2 stroke penalty. I have a couple of questions. Was that the proper rule to invoke, even after the round was complete? Should I have been DQ'd because I signed a wrong scorecard? It turned out to be significant because I finished
2nd, 1 shot out of first, which would be a moot point if I were to be dq'd. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Phil Rowe

davidsauls
Sep 19 2011, 05:46 PM
No DQ. You're not even required to sign the card, and the penalty for turning it a card with the incorrect score is correct score + 2. In fact, it's pretty hard to get DQ'd from a disc golf tournament.

Not as sure about the actual ruling on the misplayed hole. My guess is total throws + 2 penalty throws, but someone more fluent in the rules, or with time to look it up, will give you a more definitive answer.

snarewilm
Sep 19 2011, 05:53 PM
I'm not going to comment on the ruling itself,but I am going to give you big ups for letting the TD know that the disc was not yours and taking the penalty that comes with it.Sportsmanship is great karma(and there are alot of jokers who probably would have just kept their traps shut).

johnbiscoe
Sep 19 2011, 09:34 PM
2 strokes is correct.