cevalkyrie
Sep 10 2011, 08:45 PM
I really wish DGCR would team with the PDGA for 1 directory. I cross referenced both today for all courses in Illinois.

Need to be added to DGCR
Volunteer Park--Romeoville, IL

Need to be added to the PDGA Directory.
Baker Park--Kewaunee, IL
Brent Johnson Park--Mahomet, IL
Camden 2--Milan, IL
Camp Manitoqua--Frankfort, IL
Community Park West--Glen Ellyn, IL
Foundations Park Rec 9--Centralia, IL
Gilbert Park--Altamont, IL
Gordon Moore Park--Alton, IL
Kaneland HS--Maple Park, IL
Karel Park--Eldorado, IL
Lincoln Park New--Springfield, IL
Manville Oaks--West Chicago, IL
Silver Lake Park--Highland, IL
Minooka DGC--Minooka, IL
Q Center DGC--St. Charles, IL
Molex Lisle Campus--Lisle, IL
Rivals Lookout Park--Wilmington, IL
SBHS--Streamwood, IL
UIS Springfield--Springfield, IL
Wyman Park--Sullivan, IL

eupher61
Sep 11 2011, 02:51 AM
It's up to the course coordinator or someone with the club or whatever group put the thing in. I'm sure there's enough to do with both lists that cross-checking isn't a priority.

cevalkyrie
Sep 13 2011, 12:12 PM
It's up to the course coordinator or someone with the club or whatever group put the thing in. I'm sure there's enough to do with both lists that cross-checking isn't a priority.

Any person can add a course to the directory.All you have to do is login to this forum then go the the course directory and add a course.

I see you are in the St. Louis area. Have you played the 9 hole course in Alton or the Highland course? If not can you post this on the St. Louis message board and maybe someone can add them. Any help would be appreciated.

tafe
Sep 15 2011, 07:14 PM
I definitely think that Molex in Lisle would NOT want their course on ANY directory.
It is private and there to be played by employees only.

Quite a few years back, I went to the Elizabeth Ludeman Developmental Center in Park Ridge to play the course listed in the directory. I couldn't find hole #1 or any signs, so I went to the main office to inquire. They told me it was for residents only, and I couldn't play it. I got them to take it off the directory.
Hence, listing private courses is a bad idea.

jmonny
Sep 16 2011, 01:21 PM
Any person can add a course to the directory.All you have to do is login to this forum then go the the course directory and add a course.

So then why don't YOU just do it?

cevalkyrie
Sep 19 2011, 07:38 PM
So then why don't YOU just do it?

First and foremost I have added a ton of courses to the directory over the years. It's time for others start to step up and take care of their areas. I've posted this same information across every active club in Illinois.

As to your exact statement that is why the FEW that volunteer their time to this game get burnt out and quit doing it for the rest.

jmonny
Sep 20 2011, 08:32 AM
First and foremost I have added a ton of courses to the directory over the years. It's time for others start to step up and take care of their areas. I've posted this same information across every active club in Illinois.

As to your exact statement that is why the FEW that volunteer their time to this game get burnt out and quit doing it for the rest.

Don't take it personally. People choose different ways to volunteer their time. I put in "tons" of course work but I've never entered a course into the directory, it sounds like fun. Take it upon yourself as Illinois State coord. to get it done. At least you'll know it'll be done right.

eupher61
Sep 20 2011, 10:55 AM
[QUOTE=cevalkyrie;1462029 It's time for others start to step up and take care of their areas. I've posted this same information across every active club in Illinois.

[/QUOTE]

yep. That's why the responsibility should be on the club, course coordinator, or other local entity.

clifftowne
Sep 27 2011, 11:07 PM
yep. That's why the responsibility should be on the club, course coordinator, or other local entity.

Yes indeed! The best idea seems to be to have folks insert courses that they are familiar with (usually they are in their area).

Regarding private courses; it is fine to list them if you are very clear about any restrictions to playing them. (some courses choose not to be listed at all)

Illinois is up-to-date thanks to "white chocolate" - I think that Steve West has got us current with MN. I can substantiate Cevalkyrie's claims - he has inserted and updated many a course listing over the years.

Contact me off the PDGA.com contact page if you want any info!

Cliff Towne
PDGA Course Directory

Inserting a new course:

First:

You will need to be an online community member but there is no cost (and you do not need to be a current PDGA member to do this). If you don't already have an account at PDGA.com please go to http://www.pdga.com/discussion/register.php to get started.

Then;

We have a system set up for inserting new courses (please note - we don't want them listed until they are in the ground and playable - temp courses are not listed with us). All you have to do is pull up the course directory at PDGA.com and click on "add new course". First make a note of all the information asked for, then go get the info (maybe from someone more closely connected if you have to) and come back and pull up the insert form. Put your name and email at the top, fill in all the info and click the "add new course" button at the bottom (Please use standard punctuation - I can't edit all CAPITALS). Boom - it comes to my desk to OK it, I click "OK" on my screen and the course gets inserted.

[Please Note: if your site has multiple courses, each separate and distinct course should be listed separately with a different course name - i.e. "Flyers - East" and "Flyers - West". Usually separate tees and baskets are needed for a course to be considered a separate course. ]

Please let me know if you have any problems. You can reach me trough the contact page at PDGA.com

Cliff Towne
PDGA Course Directory

Information requested:
Course name
Address, city, state, zip (just give us the street address - PLEASE don't mess with GPS numbers in this section)
directions
# of holes
target type
length and alt. length
under 300', 300' to 400', over 400' info
description
1st tee GPS info if you have it
Parking Lot GPS info if you have
year established
course web site
#2 web site
#3 web site
You can upload photos and/or a course map if you have them
yes or no - restrooms, pay to play, camping nearby, handicap facilities, tee signs, private land
contact name, PDGA#, home phone, work phone, email address

Thanks, Cliff Towne
PDGA Course Directory