pterodactyl
Sep 08 2011, 12:32 PM
2-18 hole courses will be set up for this shindig. It's going to be awesome (high pitched voice)! Camping, vistas, and beautiful wildlife galore.
Come drink it in!!

pterodactyl
Sep 21 2011, 05:15 PM
This Saturday, Sept 24th, THe Fiddleneck DGC Chain Rattlers are having their monthly if you want to come out and preview most of the 2 courses being played at the NorCal Finals. We usually play the 27-hole layout that is permanent, but Ray may set up some of the "new 9" that will be used only for the Finals.

It's a 9 A.M. starting time and the cost is $5 to play and $5 for the ace pool. There are currently 2 maxed out $500 ace pools + built up to hit. One ace pool per monthly only will be paid out unless Ray says otherwise.

pterodactyl
Sep 27 2011, 05:25 PM
You can see lots of wildlife at The Fiddleneck DGC. Nestled on a penninsula (hence the name: Fiddleneck) these 2 courses set for the NorCal Finals have an abundance of flora and fauna. Majestic vistas and panoramic views of the lake and dam are everywhere. You may see deer with fauns, wild turkey, quail, tarantula, bald eagles, vultures, hawks, mountain bluebirds, and a variety of snakes. I saw a 4 foot diamondback rattler out there last weekend. Pretty cool. Just be careful and respect the wild and everything will be OK.

Get ready for an awesome finals!! KL

pterodactyl
Oct 11 2011, 12:23 PM
Well, I have been E-signed up for this tourney for about 10 days and still no sign of my name on the registration list. I guess I'll show up anyway on Saturday.

lonhart
Oct 12 2011, 07:50 PM
Hey Kenny,

Sent my check in on Monday, should be in to Jenny by now...

Do you have info on the camping situation? Someone told me they were re-opening the campgrounds just for us, but I have no idea of cost. Looks like low 80s all weekend.

Thanks for any info you can pass along related to camping.

See you soon,
Steve

pterodactyl
Oct 14 2011, 01:19 PM
Steve: As far as I know, camping is first come, first served...so just show up. Also, there may be info on the FB/NorCal site about camping. You may also try googling www.armycorpofengineers.gov to get camping instructions. There positively will be camping at New Hogan Reservoir.

Weather looks really sweet: Sat: 60/84, Sun: 58/79 Great camping/rattlesnake weather for those that choose.

BTW: The Fiddleneck Chain Rattlers are the official host of this tourney, not the Delta Windjammers.

pterodactyl
Oct 17 2011, 12:59 PM
The norcal championships have come and gone for another year. If you missed this one, you missed an epic ending to the Norcal Series. Beautiful weather plagued the finals this year and Fiddleneck never looked so good after NorCal Volunteer of the Year, Ray Birch and his crew were done with it. I didn't hear too many complaints about the earthen tees and I would bet that by this time next year Fiddleneck will have concrete tee pads and maybe we can host the finals again.
Congrats to all of the winners and all of the players and staff that make norcal a fantastic place to play and live.